Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621681 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
nellyquash:

My dear, I applied o, but dis deir assessment test 2/3 is really giving me problem.
Maybe your connection but I think they ve sent mails to successful applicants
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
--- cool---
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
do we need to go wit cv, credentials or nofin. who s going pls let's hook up
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2014
nicechizyy:
do we need to go wit cv, credentials or nofin. who s going pls let's hook up
When is your interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2014
oluwayetunde:

When is your interview?
tuesday wot of u?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fadekemmie: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
i got an invitation too but i am confused on how to book an appointment. I logged on to my google account and picked tuesday too but i am not sure if dats all i have to do. I got an email afterwards showing time and venue of the interview. Anything else?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
fadekemmie:
i got an invitation too but i am confused on how to book an appointment. I logged on to my google account and picked tuesday too but i am not sure if dats all i have to do. I got an email afterwards showing time and venue of the interview. Anything else?
i think all u need do is print it. Babes where do u live?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fadekemmie: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
I live in ibadan. I dnt think printing is all.one needs to accept the invitation after picking a date on ur google calendar because my invitation details was sent to me.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
fadekemmie:
I live in ibadan. I dnt think printing is all.one needs to accept the invitation after picking a date on ur google calendar because my invitation details was sent to me.
r u sure? i hav no idea of that...i wish d past pipo can help us on this
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2014
you can go with a copy of the iv and your credentials....if you want

it's not really a big deal wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 10:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Erza:

tnx dear. I jst pm u, I want to confirm something
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
nicechizyy:
tuesday wot of u?
Done already.
No I.V required, No credentials.
Just present yourself. #shikena
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
nicechizyy:
tuesday wot of u?
Done already.
Just present yourself. #shikena. Judith Okonkwo did my interview though.
I'm already dreaming Andela. God help us all.God's best to the rest.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fadekemmie: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
oluwayetunde:

Done already.
amen and thanks..pls do u know how I can get to d andela office from ketu? Mine is 2mao.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fadekemmie: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
fadekemmie:
amen and thanks..pls do u know how I can get to d andela office from ketu? Mine is 2mao.
it also means I dnt need to print out d IV,yea?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mimijj(f): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
Erza:

After the interview, will one have to wait for another invite?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mimijj(f): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
fadekemmie:
Take yaba oyingbo from ketu, drop at yaba (xcept d bus passes tru sabo) then take sabo from yaba *its 20naira* drop at sabo, just ask for the number on ur invite mail that's 294 or so. Very easy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
oluwayetunde:

Done already.
ok. tnx for d info. Andela is ours....let's keep faith alive.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
mimijj:

After the interview, will one have to wait for another invite?
Nahhh, you only wait till Friday for your mail into the boot camp. Wish you success.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kenkool(m): 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Please when will they start that of guys again
angry

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nnamdiosu(m): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
kenkool:
Please when will they start that of guys again
angry

angry
I'm telling you. I don dey even consider dressing like a lady to attend the ladies boot camp. man need job o
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 6:37am On Nov 25, 2014
All the best to those going today. One love
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2014
oluwayetunde:
All the best to those going today. One love
Tnx dear....am on ma way already.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hi. I live in Abuja though am presently attending a ceremony in delta. I studied civil engineering and working with a real estate NGO firm.

I casually applied for this Andela foundation thing and got invited but My parents are saying that I should stay where I am and stop moving around too much. ( I left the bank this august before getting this job.)

A friend said I should try doing the training that it may work out. I'm just confused. I've fixed my interview for Thursday noon but undecided about whether to go or not.

Your advice would mean a lot
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
preshuzpearl:
Hi. I live in Abuja though am presently attending a ceremony in delta. I studied civil engineering and working with a real estate NGO firm.

I casually applied for this Andela foundation thing and got invited but My parents are saying that I should stay where I am and stop moving around too much. ( I left the bank this august before getting this job.)

A friend said I should try doing the training that it may work out. I'm just confused. I've fixed my interview for Thursday noon but undecided about whether to go or not.

Well, everything is partially based on what you want - your goals, vision, mission, passion, etc. Do you like software development? Do you want to be part of the team? This shouldn't be about what people are telling you but what you really want dear.
Pray and follow your heart hun
God help you
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by oluwayetunde(f): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
nicechizyy:
Tnx dear....am on ma way already.
Babe, how was it?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
oluwayetunde:

Babe, how was it?
was fine. praying, hoping n waiting for my success mail.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by nicechizyy(f): 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
preshuzpearl:

swthrt u studied civil n real estate is ur area unless u r driven by passion else I'll say remain where u r.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by IamGodzilla: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hoping to see you ladies @ the bootcamp.
Keep it up!

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
nicechizyy:
swthrt u studied civil n real estate is ur area unless u r driven by passion else I'll say remain where u r.

Actually am driven by impassion(if there's anything like that). I dont feel fulfilled at all where I am. It's routine job and even then sometimes it gets very boring and people handling is difficult. I'm more of a quiet person
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by bamoza(m): 5:58am On Nov 26, 2014
preshuzpearl:

Hello,
(views/opinions here are personal and doesn't represent the view of Andela as an organization)
also, this goes not only to you, but to other prospective Andela Fellows

To work for Andela will require much from you, not because Andela(NAD grin) is that demanding, but it's the nature of the career you are venturing into, and that's why you need to really think well before making your final decision
This following questions should help you decide:
-1 Are you passionate about software development? Do you feel you can be a god and want to create things like God?
-2 Are you ready to make a career shift, because, if you looking for a Job, Andela is the wrong place, (just like going to medical school for six years and later work as an engineering, the pain will not worth the gain) though Andela has one of the best I.T company package in Nigeria, but if you coming to earn a pay, then the pay won't worth the stress and you may give up soon
-3 Do you learn fast? Are you intuitive? Can you push yourself that extra mile?
-4 There is a famous quote "I am a programmer, I have no other life" wink.....Are you willing to say that in few years time, because it will require that much from you (Ask those that work in Google, or any top tech companies, check quora.com)
-5 Do you give up easily? Can you manage stress a-lot, can you stay up at night and work and still be active during the day (coffee will help out grin)
-6 What motivates you? you have a mentor-programmer? (read up ---> Best Female Programers in the World (Quora))
-7 Are you available for four years to work with Andela?
-7 Finally, you know what it means to be called a programmer, would refer you to www.quora.com (and add programming as your interest and read questions asked about programmer especially, there personal life...)

If to all questions above, your answer is yes

Then quit your Job, quit ur other life wink and lets have a coffee at Andela, at Andela we believe you can do this(and they are doing dia best to make sure you can), we are just not sure if you believe in yourself that you can.....
(I may have exaggerated but they are the least of the worse that can happen as a programmer. Did this, so you can be sure of your decision and not intended to scare, moreover you not chicken-hearted!! wink

Hoping to see y'all

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by IamGodzilla: 6:20am On Nov 26, 2014
bamoza:

Hello,
Am Abimbola, and presently working with Andela
(views/opinions here are personal and doesn't represent the view of Andela as an organization)
also, this goes not only to you, but to other prospective Andela Fellows

To work for Andela will require much from you, not because Andela(NAD grin) is that demanding, but it's the nature of the career you are venturing into, and that's why you need to really think well before making your final decision
This following questions should help you decide:
-1 Are you passionate about software development? Do you feel you can be a god and want to create things like God?
-2 Are you ready to make a career shift, because, if you looking for a Job, Andela is the wrong place, (just like going to medical school for six years and later work as an engineering, the pain will not worth the gain) though Andela has one of the best I.T company package in Nigeria, but if you coming to earn a pay, then the pay won't worth the stress and you may give up soon
-3 Do you learn fast? Are you intuitive? Can you push yourself that extra mile?
-4 There is a famous quote "I am a programmer, I have no other life" wink.....Are you willing to say that in few years time, because it will require that much from you (Ask those that work in Google, or any top tech companies, check quora.com)
-5 Do you give up easily? Can you manage stress a-lot, can you stay up at night and work and still be active during the day (coffee will help out grin)
-6 What motivates you? you have a mentor-programmer? (read up ---> Best Female Programers in the World (Quora))
-7 Are you available for four years to work with Andela?
-7 Finally, you know what it means to be called a programmer, would refer you to www.quora.com (and add programming as your interest and read questions asked about programmer especially, there personal life...)

If to all questions above, your answer is yes

Then quit your Job, quit ur other life wink and lets have a coffee at Andela, at Andela we believe you can do this(and they are doing dia best to make sure you can), we are just not sure if you believe in yourself that you can.....
(I may have exaggerated but they are the least of the worse that can happen as a programmer. Did this, so you can be sure of your decision and not intended to scare, moreover you not chicken-hearted!! wink

Hoping to see y'all

Cheers
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention Abimbola can write for Africa. Especially at quora.com cheesy
Well at Andela, we believe ladies can code too. But Do not see this as a pay job(it'll help you a lot).
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/coding-initiatives-girls-women/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.