Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621206 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 4:38pm On May 30, 2015
aakillar1:
Hi guyz, completed d andela x application and d plum test but no scores dis tym around. Any xplanatns? Tnx

I also noticed d@ there was no place like...the job you applied for.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 4:54pm On May 30, 2015
danvery2k6:

Thanks boss. see you there.
lol. sure thing danvery2k6
are you in the Rails class?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by danvery2k6(m): 7:26pm On May 30, 2015
Erza:

lol. sure thing danvery2k6
are you in the Rails class?
yep. it was actually Ruby on Sinatra not rails. it was fun
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by laurelpepsa: 11:02pm On May 30, 2015
I wrote the online test, but have not seen any invite in my mail for interview! any idea about this please.. I appllied for class IX.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by majamib: 11:16pm On May 30, 2015
Same as for class X. Didn't get any results mail.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:00am On May 31, 2015
That's actually a Lady o.
By the way, Erza, an (f) would be nice.

danvery2k6:

Thanks boss. see you there.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 7:56am On May 31, 2015
laurelpepsa:
I wrote the online test, but have not seen any invite in my mail for interview! any idea about this please.. I appllied for class IX.

Please apply for class X, I guess you didn't make it, the interview for class IX has been carried out already.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 11:25am On May 31, 2015
anyone invited for bootcamp yet?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 2:31pm On May 31, 2015
Sirolad:
anyone invited for bootcamp yet?

Yup... I just got my invite cheesy #GratefulHeart
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2015
You will need a laptop computer in good working condition to participate in bootcamp. Please make sure that at minimum your laptop has a Corei5 processor or equivalent, 250 GB of Hard Disk Drive, a working Wifi Adaptor & Drive, 512 MB Video Memory Graphics Card and 4GB of RAM. We do not recommend you bring Netbooks. Let us know in the next few days if you have trouble meeting this requirement.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sirolad(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2015
my laptop is a dual core. will that disqualify me or they will fix me?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 3:35pm On May 31, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
That's actually a Lady o. By the way, Erza, an (f) would be nice.
lol. TheRealAdonye, this never gets old. Permission to have my fun? smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 5:24pm On May 31, 2015
WilBak:

Yup... I just got my invite cheesy #GratefulHeart
wat i got was a sorry mail, i kinda got the idea i might nt get in to andela when one of the interviewers asked me what else i like doing, i told him i like telecoms, the dude come vex, say am acting 'too official', he expected me to tell him my hobbies, but he asked me wat else i liked, i like plenty tins, especially galz, if he wanted hobbies y couldnt he jst ask wit the right words undecided[quote author=WilBak post=34279501]
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2015
Haha, I get.
Carry on.
Erza:

lol. TheRealAdonye, this never gets old. Permission to have my fun?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 7:14pm On May 31, 2015
Like play like play, class 7 don turn senior sha... Anyways, congrats to all class 8 guys (so sad we have no female developers in the class)

Ramos16:
wat i got was a sorry mail, i kinda got the idea i might nt get in to andela when one of the interviewers asked me what else i like doing, i told him i like telecoms, the dude come vex, say am acting 'too official', he expected me to tell him my hobbies, but he asked me wat else i liked, i like plenty tins, especially galz, if he wanted hobbies y couldnt he jst ask wit the rihht words.

Chill out boss.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 7:14pm On May 31, 2015
Sirolad:
my laptop is a dual core. will that disqualify me or they will fix me?

As long as it is in good working condition.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 11:35pm On May 31, 2015
Ramos16:
wat i got was a sorry mail, i kinda got the idea i might nt get in to andela when one of the interviewers asked me what else i like doing, i told him i like telecoms, the dude come vex, say am acting 'too official', he expected me to tell him my hobbies, but he asked me wat else i liked, i like plenty tins, especially galz, if he wanted hobbies y couldnt he jst ask wit the rihht words undecided wat i got was a sorry mail, i kinda got the idea i might nt get in to andela when one of the interviewers asked me what else i like doing, i told him i like telecoms, the dude come vex, say am acting 'too official', he expected me to tell him my hobbies, but he asked me wat else i liked, i like plenty tins, especially galz, if he wanted hobbies y couldnt he jst ask wit the rihht words

Awwwwwww... Now that you know where you went wrong, you can reapply and be "less official " in the next interview. Yo' funny though, you for like boiz too na. Lol
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by wallmosh: 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
I am a bit confused about the deadline for its application slated 27th May but clicking on the apply button it's slated 12th June. Any explanation will be appreciated!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fstark: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
@firdaus1, @Erza, @toystars, ..., it would be nice if the Fellowship section of Andela's website was updated to reflect the new dates. The dates there are still for class IX. It is really confusing.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2015
WilBak:

Awwwwwww... Now that you know where you went wrong, you can reapply and be "less official " in the next interview. Yo' funny though, you for like boiz too na. Lol

Boiz? Yuck!!!! Don't know if I would be applying andela again.... My mind has been bashed...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ramos16:

Boiz? Yuck!!!! Don't know if I would be applying andela again.... My mind has been bashed...

Nah. The success is what matters, not the number of times you tried. I tried Andela last year October, but didnt get pass the interview, although I thought I should have been selected. But I realized I wasnt getting it right. So I relaxed and re-applied for class VII, and I made it into the fellowship.

The moral of my story is, winners never quit and quitters never win. End of story.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
fstark:
@firdaus1, @Erza, @toystars, ..., it would be nice if the Fellowship section of Andela's website was updated to reflect the new dates. The dates there are still for class IX. It is really confusing.

I believe the reason those dates are still up is because the selection process is still on. Moreover, class IX applicants are yet to commence bootcamp. The dates will be updated as at when due, I think.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
toystars:

Nah. The success is what matters, not the number of times you tried. I tried Andela last year October, but didnt get pass the interview, although I thought I should have been selected. But I realized I wasnt getting it right. So I relaxed and re-applied for class VII, and I made it into the fellowship.

The moral of my story is, winners never quit and quitters never win. End of story.

i get ur point, but andela might not be for me, if andela would not take me because i love telecoms more than tv games or soccer, then i think you would agree with me that there is a problem, anyway shar i realy agree with the moral of your story... Thank you
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tolularson(f): 6:04am On Jun 03, 2015
Ramos16:

i get ur point, but andela might not be for me, if andela would not take me because i love telecoms more than tv games or soccer, then i think you would agree with me that there is a problem, anyway shar i realy agree with the moral of your story... Thank you

The reason why you were asked that question is to determine your 'kindergarten skills' and how you relate in groups and teams, even if you like telecoms, you must have other fun stuffs you do to unwind.
Its not about being the best coder or one super geek guy, I started coding 2 weeks before bootcamp and I'm a class 8 fellow today and I feel there were several guys in bootcamp who were better and more experienced programmers than me. So bros chillout and apply again.

P.S. I'm a male and eh ehn, we want more females in Andela biko.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 6:21am On Jun 03, 2015
tolularson:

The reason why you were asked that question is to determine your 'kindergarten skills' and how you relate in groups and teams, even if you like telecoms, you must have other fun stuffs you do to unwind.
Its not about being the best coder or one super geek guy, I started coding 2 weeks before bootcamp and I'm a class 8 fellow today and I feel there were several guys in bootcamp who were better and more experienced programmers than me. So bros chillout and apply again.

you strtded coding two weeks to bootcamp?

how did you make it past hometest?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2015
izutex007:
you strtded coding two weeks to bootcamp?
how did you make it past hometest?

You will be surprised how many Andela fellows had no coding experience prior Andela. Imagine an anatomy graduate now a software developer...

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 10:45am On Jun 03, 2015
toystars:

You will be surprised how many Andela fellows had no coding experience prior Andela. Imagine an anatomy graduate now a software developer...

Bro. You just encouraged me!!! Was thinkin a gud no. Of d peepz who mek it tru are ''core'' programmers. Alas I was wrong.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by majamib: 7:29am On Jun 04, 2015
Can some1 plss help with info abt classX application? Plum's not replying. is there some kindda new application link or something?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by achu442(m): 7:47am On Jun 04, 2015
I wish to apply for an industrial training
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2015
majamib:
Can some1 plss help with info abt classX application? Plum's not replying. is there some kindda new application link or something?

bro... Wht info.?

Or is it an info. Abt hw to go abt d registration? If yes: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/66678
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
tolularson:

Shew!! U need more females? That one good oh! Me I like girls well well oh, andela for da creat special recruitment for females so that una go da "unwind" make all of una "kindergarten skills " come out, hehe.

On a more serious note, people are different, I do not consider my self a geek, not even to say a super geek, certain people unwind by taking a walk, chatting, spending time in a bar, beach, museum, playing tennis, football etcetera etcetera.unwinding is just doing something different, something that is not a daily routine and you enjoy doing, which in itself is a skill you acquired overtime from practice, and can be job to another man.I love to work with simple telecoms and embedded systems, I creat control switches and just have fun doing it, me and my friends find so much pleasure in this, and we do it with no stress, it won't be wrong to say that is how I unwind after a hard days job. If I am a banker and I unwind by coding I guess my "kindergarten skill" can also show through that. Well everybody has got their opinion of every issue, so I won't be surprised if anybody think differently, so chill out bro wink

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by majamib: 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
izutex007:

bro... Wht info.?
Or is it an info. Abt hw to go abt d registration? If yes: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/66678
Thanks bro. But d ish is dat i registered already but got no test result from plum after taking the assessment. And didn't get any mail to confirm i've been shortlisted or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff