Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621115 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 2:20am On Jun 06, 2015
majamib:

Thanks bro. But d ish is dat i registered already but got no test result from plum after taking the assessment. And didn't get any mail to confirm i've been shortlisted or not.

andela is yt to snd mails to shortlisted candidates... i blv dat shld b on the week of the home study test. concerning the plum test... a page describing how u fared wl b displayd to u afta u r done wt d survey questions (this i know... except dia is anoda page u referring to).
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 5:15am On Jun 06, 2015
tolularson:

The reason why you were asked that question is to determine your 'kindergarten skills' and how you relate in groups and teams, even if you like telecoms, you must have other fun stuffs you do to unwind.
Its not about being the best coder or one super geek guy, I started coding 2 weeks before bootcamp and I'm a class 8 fellow today and I feel there were several guys in bootcamp who were better and more experienced programmers than me. So bros chillout and apply again.

P.S. I'm a male and eh ehn, we want more females in Andela biko.
Please when will the homestudy test be done?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tolularson(f): 9:44am On Jun 06, 2015
Google63:

Please when will the homestudy test be done?

If you're referring to class X's homestudy test, you'll have to wait till the end of the application deadline.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2015
tolularson:

If you're referring to class X's homestudy test, you'll have to wait till the end of the application deadline.
alright. Thanks. Please how is the test like
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by majamib: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
izutex007:

andela is yt to snd mails to shortlisted candidates... i blv dat shld b on the week of the home study test. concerning the plum test... a page describing how u fared wl b displayd to u afta u r done wt d survey questions (this i know... except dia is anoda page u referring to).

Alright. i get d gist. thankz alot man.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oladtwo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
What do you think about this : You will need a laptop computer in good working condition to
participate in bootcamp. Please make sure that at minimum your
laptop has a *Corei5
processor or equivalent*, *250 GB of Hard Disk Drive*, *a working Wifi
Adaptor & Drive*, *512 MB Video Memory Graphics Card* *a**nd 4GB of RAM*
. *We do not recommend you bring Netbooks. But i didn't meet up the requirement,what should I do. Your advise will help.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
Oladtwo:
What do you think about this : You will need a laptop computer in good working condition to
participate in bootcamp. Please make sure that at minimum your
laptop has a *Corei5
processor or equivalent*, *250 GB of Hard Disk Drive*, *a working Wifi
Adaptor & Drive*, *512 MB Video Memory Graphics Card* *a**nd 4GB of RAM*
. *We do not recommend you bring Netbooks. But i didn't meet up the requirement,what should I do. Your advise will help.

Welcome to bootcamp. Even an intel dual core 1.7GHz pc will do. Just ensure it is in good condition and of optimal performance. But following the spec will make the bootcamp experience smooth.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oladtwo(m): 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
OK...Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyhunn(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hello guys, I registered for the class IX but till this moment, I haven't got any feedback. Does that means I'm not qualified?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sheyhunn:
Hello guys, I registered for the class IX but till this moment, I haven't got any feedback. Does that means I'm not qualified?
I suggest you check your inbox and spam also. If after that you don't see any feedback then you try reapplying.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2015
...Reporting Live from the class IX BootCamp cheesy Wonderful Team, Wonderful people ,Positive Vibes.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by horladmejy(m): 10:48am On Jun 08, 2015
Can I still apply?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 10:54am On Jun 08, 2015
WilBak:
...Reporting Live from the class IX BootCamp cheesy Wonderful Team, Wonderful people ,Positive Vibes.

WilBak, What is your Name?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
horladmejy:
Can I still apply?
You can still apply for the class X at [url]apply.andela.co[/url]

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
dehmohlah:

WilBak, What is your Name?

Chai!!! You want to kidnap me? *RunsAway*
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2015
WilBak:

Chai!!! You want to kidnap me? *RunsAway*
Isbthe class IX also divided into two groups?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dondondee1: 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Folks... Please is this andela ish worth leaving a full time paying job for? Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
dondondee1:
Hello Folks... Please is this andela ish worth leaving a full time paying job for? Thanks

dondondee1, it's not about whether Andela is worth it or not. It's more about whether you really love programming and want to become a well rounded developer. If you don't, it totally not worth it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jeffoe(m): 7:17am On Jun 10, 2015
I applied to the class 8 was dropped at the interview stage, I want to reapply to class 10, am currently serving in imo, but would be around if giving the opportunity, can I go on with the application.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2015
jeffoe:
I applied to the class 8 was dropped at the interview stage, I want to reapply to class 10, am currently serving in imo, but would be around if giving the opportunity, can I go on with the application.

When you say "would be around if given the opportunity", do you mean you're willing to shun service?

My advice? Well, 2 actually.

1. Finish service. Andela is still gonna be here by the time you're done

2. If that's too long for you, redeploy to Lagos and get on the Andela wagon

PS: Those are just my personal advice wink

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hello Andelites,
I heard about this Andela program from a friend about 4 days back and so I started the process of applying. This morning, I was able to take the plum assessment test on my mobile after a lot of struggle. I haven't recieved any response yet. Hope this is not a bad signal?

Having read through some of the previous pages on this thread, I guess the next step would be to take the Home Study test. This is where the challenge is. I am currently in a remote location where I there is no good network. I tried going through the home study manual on my mobile but this has been impossible. I have a laptop but no good network here to fire it up. How many days do I have from now before I take the test? Are there any other related materials I can download and study to prepare for the test?

P.S: I have very basic knowledge on HTML5 only. Am considering leaving my current location temporarily to someplace with bettter network to prepare for and write the test but I dnt knw when the test will be. Your candid advice will be appreciated

cc: toystars Erza tolularson Ichiato
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Martins301:
Hello Andelites,
I heard about this Andela program from a friend about 4 days back and so I started the process of applying. This morning, I was able to take the plum assessment test on my mobile after a lot of struggle. I haven't recieved any response yet. Hope this is not a bad signal?
Having read through some of the previous pages on this thread, I guess the next step would be to take the Home Study test. This is where the challenge is. I am currently in a remote location where I there is no good network. I tried going through the home study manual on my mobile but this has been impossible. I have a laptop but no good network here to fire it up. How many days do I have from now before I take the test? Are there any other related materials I can download and study to prepare for the test?
P.S: I have very basic knowledge on HTML5 only. Am considering leaving my current location temporarily to someplace with bettter network to prepare for and write the test but I dnt knw when the test will be. Your candid advice will be appreciated
cc: toystars Erza tolularson Ichiato

Applying is a good step in the right direction. Not getting a response for now is no issue, but I'd advice you to go through the homestudy tutorials on codecademy and co in preparation for the test. Further info about the test and your application will be communicated to you as at when due. Hope this helps smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
After just one week of tedious, strenuous and tough BootCamp, am feeling like a real programmer. Its not easy, knowing what you should know in 1 month for just 1 week. Looking forward to the Project week
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
toystars:

Applying is a good step in the right direction. Not getting a response for now is no issue, but I'd advice you to go through the homestudy tutorials on codecademy and co in preparation for the test. Further info about the test and your application will be communicated to you as at when due. Hope this helps smiley

Thanks for your response. Are there other offline materials that I can use to prepare since I can't use the site for now? I will appreciate if we connect on whatsapp so I can get from coaching you. Thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
dehmohlah:
After just one week of tedious, strenuous and tough BootCamp, am feeling like a real programmer. Its not easy, knowing what you should know in 1 month for just 1 week. Looking forward to the Project week

Goodluck... grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
Martins301:

Thanks for your response. Are there other offline materials that I can use to prepare since I can't use the site for now? I will appreciate if we connect on whatsapp so I can get from coaching you. Thanks.

All you need to prepare for the test is on the internet. I'd suggest you find a means of accessing the internet cos not much materials can be offline. Even if you decide to use ebooks, you still need to download from somewhere, unless you have someone who have them downloaded already, plus reading ebooks for the test will be a complete waste of time. Get some internet access and go through the tutorials...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dehmohlah(m): 3:11am On Jun 14, 2015
toystars:

Goodluck... grin

Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 15, 2015
Please can someone who haven't been to a tertiary institution apply? Would we be given any certificate at the end of the fourth year? What would be your advice for someone who isn't in the higher institution yet, wud it be to have a degree first before applying or one can see this as an alternative to higer institution?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DATABASEGURU: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
Guys....The class X home-study test is now ongoing....i feel its relatively difficult for a beginner. Na Baba God go help us oh!! Just Took the test..

Please, I would like to know what the minimum score is that shows that you passed the Home-study test. I would also like to know how long until one is called for interview after passing the test
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
DATABASEGURU:
Guys....The class X home-study test is now ongoing....i feel its relatively difficult for a beginner. Na Baba God go help us oh!! Just Took the test..

Please, I would like to know what the minimum score is that shows that you passed the Home-study test. I would also like to know how long until one is called for interview after passing the test

That your moniker sef go scare person. Please how was the test like? I mean the questions. Are they objectives or theory (do you have to write codes)? I am rounding off html/css now. Will start JavaScript later today.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kfrosh: 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Got the link for the test today but the probs am having is that I don't have access to the internet for a long period of time so reading the HOME STUDY kit now is looking like mission impossible . @database guru plss what do u suggest I do with just 2days to the deadline of the test.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by NoniC: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
DATABASEGURU:

if @DATABASEGURU says its difficult, Then what hope do mere men have? lol.
Anyway, I'm about to take the test. *fingers crossed*

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.