Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues (35208 Views)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Calakuta: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ceasar1:

Do I own you an explanation? undecided
Wtcheww.
yes
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by londoner: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
If true, this is sad.

Nigerians no longer trust each other and instead of it being usual hidden in secret it is out in the open. The governmnt have not reacted properly or assessed the cross roads Nigeria is at.

NYSC should have been suspended. Christians should not be sent on NYSC to the North and vice versa......for a period it should be shelved.

I must say though, at least the lives of Muslims are not being threatened, and I don't see any Igbo killing a muslim in SE. They wont get the support of the wider community.

People have to remember that Igbos (and others) have been killed in the north, whether on NYSC or not for years. These people are scared that they will have nowhere to pack up and go to, should BH set up camp in or near SE. This does not make it right, but they are further along in their story with religious killings, than other tribes in the south.

I must say though, its glaring (unfortunately) that when we have in the past heard of Igbos being KILLED in the north, posters on NL have not much sympathy for them and just say they should leave, because they brought it on themselves for going there.

The gov need to approach this in a way not to harass innocent people, muslim or not.

Just because we have BH, it does not mean there are no genuine Muslims. Lets not forget, innocent Muslims are now being killed in their own cities and regions. People in Abia State, although I understand your fear, this is the time to really show your Christianity and faith.

Innocent Muslims need to feel welcomed and at home in SE. Of course BH members should be dealt with, but we cant justify ill-treatment or harassment of another INNOCENT human being.

If the reactions of governments in the north, was better when Igbos, NYSC and other Christians were being killed, or when BH was taking root many years ago, I doubt we would be seeing what we are seeing now.

Nigerians have many questions to answer, as a nation and individuals. Especially as this crossroads is revealing some deep biases that up until now we were able to carry along......that is on ALL "sides".

This is a sad time in Nigeria's history.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
simpleseyi:

Good comment from a nonentity like you. My advice to muslim corps members; get yourself armed. God has stopped sending down angels to fight for men, ask christians and they will tell you God has been watching while several christians are being massacred.
they should get themselves armed?.? Really ? U want to get them killed for sure huh?
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Yoritshekiri: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
berem: You're lucky you are only being harrased. You better thank your stars. cheesy cheesy
You are beginning to make sense these days.
Did someone hijack your account?
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by simpleseyi: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
fydence: they should get themselves armed?.? Really ? U want to get them killed for sure huh?

Let the game begin.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Antivirus92(m): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
cbrass: Its with wisdom we live with ourselves in the south. I won't say because my brother is a muslim and cast him out, will you cast out the ibos that are muslims too...think of that please.
there are no igbos that are muslims, stop ur lies!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
You are beginning to make sense these days.
Did someone hijack your account?
I should be asking you that! undecided
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cooljude(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
simpleseyi:

Let the game begins.
Seriously, out of all the post made here, even though alot were stupid. Your's was the worse. Human life is a game for you, you sound like a psycho serial killer. How i wish Nairaland could get information about people directly, i would make sure this post gets to Nigerians SSS. Read your comments again, you openly admitted to sponsoring terrorism and that is a serious crime.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by davidif: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
zeelo2014: The same way Christians are harassed in the Core North. I suffered same when I served.
Or the case of Eucharia Remmy a female corper in Yobe (pictured below),killed for distributing rhapsody of realities, a christian tract from Christ Embassy, she was shot point blank by Muslims. The truth is Muslims know how to cry to high heavens when they are been trampled on but look the other way when their brethren are killing Christians.

Wow!!! So we should now descend into childish tit for tat? Haven't you heard What did this innocent Muslims in Abia state do to you? Where they amongst the same people who "harassed" you? Stop lumping who have nothing in common but a shared religion into the same category. How would you like it if someone stereotype you just like that?
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
zeelo2014: The same way Christians are harassed in the Core North. I suffered same when I served.
Or the case of Eucharia Remmy a female corper in Yobe (pictured below),killed for distributing rhapsody of realities, a christian tract from Christ Embassy, she was shot point blank by Muslims. The truth is Muslims know how to cry to high heavens when they are been trampled on but look the other way when their brethren are killing Christians.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Calakuta: yes

You know what an Islamic extremist can do. I suppose Jihad isn't new to you. Just let me be - I'm not ready to explain “anything” to you.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by callmenow: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
It is right for the residents of Abia, Imo and Enugu to be wary of 'strangers'. It is also right for the residents of Chibok to be wary of 'strangers'. The Executive President of Nigeria must declare that people must carry their ID cards at all times. Then he must also instruct the Police and Army to implement a 'SUS' law. This law will mean that Police or 'law enforcements' can stop and search anyone who acts suspiciously at any time. These are dangerous times to be a resident Nigerian. It is pointless and very wrong for the Corpers to pretend that they are unaware of the movement of 'terrorists' in our midst. Wish you a safe sojourn wherever and whenever you live your place of abode. If you do not like it, then stay put where you are and refuse to serve in other location. It is not by force after all
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by simpleseyi: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
cooljude: Seriously, out of all the post made here, even though alot were stupid. Your's was the worse. Human life is a game for you, you sound like a psycho serial killer. How i wish Nairaland could get information about people directly, i would make sure this post gets to Nigerians SSS. Read your comments again, you openly admitted to sponsoring terrorism and that is a serious crime.

So, you have started urinating in you pants. Please tell the SSS and the army to go to North-East where boko-haram is using them for suya. Bring your head here and see if it will be on your neck the next minute.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by 9iceboi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=londoner].

NYSE should have been suspended. Christians should not be sent on NYSE to the North and vice versa......for a period it should be shelved.
[color=#990000][quote author=londoner].... NYSE
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: So you mean going for CDS meeting is unnecessary?
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
chidyhels: Hahahaha.....You are going home...You mean the one already on fire My frnd sit back there, create good relationship with the community you are staying with and they will protect you wen d time comes. Thank your God u were posted to the east sef.
Mind you, I came from Ogun state and itz very peaceful over there. This is my first time of coming to the east but what I've seen so far shows no unity in the nation at all.
Let the eastern people change their orientations about Bokoharam people!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by fydence: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: So you mean going for CDS meeting is unnecessary?
if it puts ur life in danger Oh yess...it is unnecessary...i didnt do a single CDS thingy in my tym cos It wasnt a safe situation...
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by cbrass(m): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
Antivirus92: there are no igbos that are muslims, stop ur lies!

Ahahah...u make me laff grin I won't argue with you anyway, when the chips are down nobody will remember you guys where chasing away muslims, the southwest will generaly see it as an attack on the yorubas, better think twice now

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by baba11(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
simpleseyi:

So, you have started urinating in you pants. Please tell the SSS and the army to go to North-East where boko-haram is using them for suya. Bring your head here and see if it will be on your neck the next minute.
pls,tell them ooo....if there's now counter-reaction from south western Nigeria due to their actions, they ll say ones are terrorist s whereas they are the ones that stated it....I just hope Nigeria is not dancing to the tune of CIA as regards 2015!!!!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tintingz(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: And what makes you think am from the north?
Don't mind that bigot.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by baba11(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
cbrass:

Ahahah...u make me laff grin I won't argue with you anyway, when the chips are down nobody will remember you guys where chasing away muslims, the southwest will generaly see it as an attack on the yorubas, better think twice now
Definitely, that's it bros!!!!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tintingz(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
callmenow: It is right for the residents of Abia, Imo and Enugu to be wary of 'strangers'. It is also right for the residents of Chibok to be wary of 'strangers'. The Executive President of Nigeria must declare that people must carry their ID cards at all times. Then he must also instruct the Police and Army to implement a 'SUS' law. This law will mean that Police or 'law enforcements' can stop and search anyone who acts suspiciously at any time. These are dangerous times to be a resident Nigerian. It is pointless and very wrong for the Corpers to pretend that they are unaware of the movement of 'terrorists' in our midst. Wish you a safe sojourn wherever and whenever you live your place of abode. If you do not like it, then stay put where you are and refuse to serve in other location. It is not by force after all
You mean it is right to harass innocent people?

Read the op story again and rethink the right you are talking about.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Habeebpain(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Twik: The writer of this article should go and sleep..demn dey write boko haram 4 face!!..guys if u see any hausa man or Muslim around u b vigilant!!..coper or no corper..this guys are Wicked!! And Demonic..full stop!!..Harass them oooo!! Or the next thing na bozzzzzer!!!!..

Dem dey write kidnapper for face? Double standard is what will kill people like you. Your catholic sisters wear a veil that is similar to the hijab but you criticise Muslim sisters who wear the hijab. Jewish men keep their beard but you criticise Muslim men who do so. I can't count the number of musical artistes that are not Muslims but who grow a beard. Some of you copy them but criticise Muslims who are following Islamic laws.

If you let the stupid politicians and media feed you with lies, you have yourself to blame. The media will associate religion with anything a Muslim does but will never do the same for a Christian. There's good and evil on every side.

If I come to you and preach to you about Islam and you don't accept there's no fight therein. As long as you respect my beliefs and I respect yours there's no wahala. But never harass me physically regarding my beliefs. Verbally, I might handle properly.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by yinka500: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
this is a very bad idea, why are we suffering our self with this ungodly attitude here and there. my people, we need to seek for god's mercy in this country because this is just a mere eyes.........
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yask2guy: That the issue wasn't aired doesn't make it invalid. I beg your pardon, I ain't anyhow person that goes about given false information. I am a graduate of a reputable institution in the country and I value my dignity.
Moreover, go pickup The Nations dailies (7th July) and see tinz 4 urself.

Matured reply.Oga keep it up. Pls do not allow people to draw you into senseless argument(insult).
Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tintingz(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
Why do people keep assuming the OP is from the north. undecided
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by toshmann(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is untrue. No where are christians arrested for walking around christian.

No basis for comparison
Christians have been butchered in the north since independence. Stop talking trash. Denial will worsen the situation.
What happened in Abia state is wrong but denying the events in northern Nigeria is perhaps unwittingly supporting or at least encouraging the carnage that's been going on in the north for decades. Boko haram is jut another chapter in the slaughter o Christians in the north. Just that this chapter has apparently gone beyond control, and they also slaughtered Muslims as well.
But don't insult our intelligence. I once went to Bauchi in the early 90s, it was my first time in the "core" north, and my last. I saw burnt churches all over the city. Yet to be rebuilt. I saw with my own eyes. So don't tell me xtians have never been harassed in the north

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Abuklaw(m): 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
yorke1: One need to be careful since Islam has cause more harm than anything else. Any Muslim i see around me is a suspect and a threat to me. Do you have to blame me because of the way i feel going by what Muslims are doing?
the same way any christian is a threat. When will you stop stereotyping for goodness sake.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tintingz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
Habeebpain:

Dem dey write kidnapper for face? Double standard is what will kill people like you. Your catholic sisters wear a veil that is similar to the hijab but you criticise Muslim sisters who wear the hijab. Jewish men keep their beard but you criticise Muslim men who do so. I can't count the number of musical artistes that are not Muslims but who grow a beard. Some of you copy them but criticise Muslims who are following Islamic laws.

If you let the stupid politicians and media feed you with lies, you have yourself to blame. The media will associate religion with anything a Muslim does but will never do the same for a Christian. There's good and evil on every side.

If I come to you and preach to you about Islam and you don't accept there's no fight therein. As long as you respect my beliefs and I respect yours there's no wahala. But never harass me physically regarding my beliefs. Verbally, I might handle properly.
Thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy of people's mind and reasoning.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by somsom(f): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
I do not blame anyone who suspects any Muslim as a boko member. we Christians have suffered so much in the hands of this Muslims. even before the boko stuff they were killing Christians just like I drink water. well, to me it's time NYSC is scrapped or each member serves in his/her geopolitical zone. sorry for those of you who may not be boko members but the truth is, there is no standard or criteria to know boko man or woman. so we're just being carefully, anybody can buy and wear NYSC kits. if they can disguise in military uniforms, what is NYSC kit?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Tinyemeka:
As in?
action payback
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by toshmann(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ibnsultan: We have been saying these #stopethnicProfiling of northerners in the east. We will begin to take direct action against these useless trend

Yeah, like, killing Christians undecided . . ooops my bad, you've been doing that already.

Anyways, this is the time to put heads together and figure out how to go about this. This profiling is based on fear, not hatred. Fear and ignorance is a deadly combo. As I dey now, if I'm in Nigeria and a northern Muslim whom I don't know is by my side, I will not be comfortable. I won't harrass him though, but I will hurry and get out of there. This is sad but it's the cold hard truth.
Biko haram had destroyed the image of Muslims in northern Nigeria and it's only natural for people to be scared. As unfortunate as it may be

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / NYSC 2017 Batch 'B' Stream II Orientation Course Date Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.