Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues (35223 Views)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 09, 2014
It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!

46 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Cherez: 11:43am On Jul 09, 2014
Its quite a pity n what is happening right now remains a regret.
Harassing an innocent Muslim is just very very wrong n requires no justification especially for d hallowed corpers serving d people of Abia state.
However, since u said they threatened to ransack n not attack, it may not be entirely wrong. No one will like to hear talk less of witness a bomb blast down here, that d reason for d extreme measure. The truth be told that d only lead way for BH into Abia will always be a "subset" of the Muslim community. its quite regrettable n I wish this didn't happen.
I'm a christian n I dread any pain brought on non Christians even on Muslims.
one love sir. let's hope it gets better.

75 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by yokiti: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2014
My dear compatriot, I will advice you and your colleagues to please do everything that is legal to protect yourselves. Also, remember those security tips made available for you in camp. May God see you people through and your selfless service to fatherland will not cut short your destinies.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by abrajways: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2014
same thing happened to me when I served in port Harcourt... they never listened even after seeing my Yoruba Yoruba name ...this must stop...

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Ahuitzotl: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
Boko is in the Army,the police not to mention the youth corps and the muslim communities in the south east .Tell the boko sympathisers amongst you not to put your lives in danger by harbouring any elements with a sinister plot to murder and suicide in the south east....Inform any suspicious maniac to relevant authorities...Enjoy your stay.

79 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tbaba1234: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
It looks as if hatred has been taken up a notch in Abia.

17 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by ebullientV(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is just plain wrong.

How do we intend to foster national unity and development with these kinda tribalistic/religious-based suspicions?

Tribalism is one of the biggest bane of our nation.. It's right 2 b on d alert.. But until u have raw evidence it wrong 2 suspect any Northerner/Muslim as a terrorist.

And even xtians suffer d same fate over there in d North; it's all plain wrong

BTW, I think ds NYSC rubbish should be scrapped already; it's brought/bringing 'bout more harm dan good.

20 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by LMAyedun(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
It's sad how all muslims and Northern Nigerians are being tagged Boko Haram.

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
We have been saying these #stopethnicProfiling of northerners in the east. We will begin to take direct action against these useless trend

10 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by temhab(f): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
It is well

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by zeelo2014: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
The same way Christians are harassed in the Core North. I suffered same when I served.
Or the case of Eucharia Remmy a female corper in Yobe (pictured below),killed for distributing rhapsody of realities, a christian tract from Christ Embassy, she was shot point blank by Muslims. The truth is Muslims know how to cry to high heavens when they are been trampled on but look the other way when their brethren are killing Christians.

260 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Sijo01(f): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
How do they identify you people apart from the covering of head by the ladies una dey write muslim for head?

19 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
No rumor without atom of truth, check urself well, either u or ur colleagues are members of BH

69 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tbaba1234: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
temhab: It is well

Ehrmm, No, it is not

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
For every Action there will be an Opposite Reaction. Take Now. Bokoharam is our collective enemy #stopEthnicProfiling

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by slap1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Fear is one of the oldest human instincts. Attack/confrontation is the best form of defence.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tbaba1234: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
zeelo2014: The same way Christians are harassed in the Core North. I suffered same when I served.

That is untrue. No where are christians arrested for walking around christian.

No basis for comparison

16 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by lonelydora: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ok
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by tbaba1234: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sijo01: How do they identify you people apart from the covering of head by the ladies una dey write muslim for head?

Some men wear caps or keep beards that make them easily identifiable.

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Rilwayne001: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yiiibo kwenu...what is all this now?

ignoratio elenchi undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by MillionDollars: 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
No matter what!! My quote- ''all TERRORISTS are MUSLIMS but all MUSLIMS are not TERRORISTS''

64 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Kezifils(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
Do u really blame them. When they have lost relatives as a result of the radical sect, wat do u xpect. After 9/11, all muslims is US where also viewed as Terror**t.

29 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by StArusi: 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nigeria getting polarized every day. People readily queue up along ethnic lines just within a twinkle of an eye. This country will surely divide one day. Let's stop pretending. Tis just a matter of time.

10 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by numericalguy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
So sad
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Isiterere(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
ALL IZZ WELL

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Dizkova(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is sheer ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / NYSC 2017 Batch 'B' Stream II Orientation Course Date Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.