Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil (17549 Views)

African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o / Red-head African People / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 12:50am On Jul 17, 2014
TerryCarr:
the Chinese gov is killing there culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VITZ-Oyy9Os

but it still lives on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK4raZ2XU7M&list=UU-75WOSwKtvzlY3USMYYFBg
So why are there so many bans on western things?
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 12:52am On Jul 17, 2014
koyyes: LIES! LIES! LIES! You shouldn't have wasted your time on this empty epistle. You were almost right about your last statement but as usual, you had to...
↑↑↑
"LIES! LIES! LIES!"
- Koyyes
grin grin grin
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
↑↑↑
LIES! LIES! LIES!
grin grin grin
That looks more like you when all other african's are aware about their african heritage. loooooool. Funny how you describe your 'state' so well. You are making progress!
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 1:09am On Jul 17, 2014
koyyes: That looks more like you when all other african's are aware about their african heritage. loooooool. Funny how you describe your 'state' so well. You are making progress!
Says the guy who doesn't cite his bogus claims.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
Says the guy who doesn't cite his bogus claims.
Rants the being who doesn't understand the meaning of 'western influence'.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 17, 2014
Good percentage of African culture is barbarism.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 3:19am On Jul 17, 2014
koyyes: Rants the being who doesn't understand the meaning of 'western influence'.
Go ahead, It seems you refuse to be educated are keeping to your own opinion like the rest of your westernized cronies up top. This iwhy tradittialists gave up on the rest of Africa and just want to keep to themselves. I guess all good things do come to an end.

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 4:23am On Jul 17, 2014
all4naija: Good percentage of African culture is barbarism.
more like a small percentage
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
Go ahead, It seems you refuse to be educated are keeping to your own opinion like the rest of your westernized cronies up top. This iwhy tradittialists gave up on the rest of Africa and just want to keep to themselves. I guess all good things do come to an end.

look who's talking. A brainwashed tool that cannot even live with his Caribbean brothers/sisters. Always runs back to the white man's land after brief visits. Just shut the fvck up!
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
all4naija: Good percentage of African culture is barbarism.
More like your percentage.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
koyyes: look who's talking. A brainwashed tool that cannot even live with his Caribbean brothers/sisters. Always runs back to the white man's land after brief visits. Just shut the fvck up!
What difference does that make where I live if Nigeria is pretty much whiteman's land they way you sell yourselves and your resources to him like the coward you are while mistreating anyone who looks like you. Whats the point of moving from one racist nation to another?
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
kingston277:
More like your percentage.
There is need to do away with barbarism in Nigeria. We have to move forward as a people and stop going backward all in the name of boring culture. Culture evolves, my friend!

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 18, 2014
kingston277:
What difference does that make where I live if Nigeria is pretty much whiteman's land they way you sell yourselves and your resources to him like the coward you are while mistreating anyone who looks like you. Whats the point of moving from one racist nation to another?
oh, so you can stand for the chinese and say that they haven't been influenced by the western world even when it is glaring for all to see but you can't say same for Africa?looool. Then what are you doing here on nairaland (created by someone using western technology to make good cash) exchanging words in ENGLISH with people? You should be busy slaving for the whites like a hopeless coward as you've decided within you to do so. Ioooool. I'm very happy I've been able to expose the real person you are on this thread. Pro african culture my as#! Even with your hatred for us,at least you identified us with a name- NIGERIANS! But where are you from- Caribbean?please, don't make me laugh! Anyways, I feel your pain, its not easy being called racist and demeaning names without taking it out on the 'free borns'. Take heart, and say hi to your master when you get to work. You want to see an ancient africa in 2014? Loooooooooooool! Its either you've been on cheap drugs for years or you are a confirmed reeeetard!
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 2:20am On Jul 18, 2014
all4naija: There is need to do away with barbarism in Nigeria. We have to move forward as a people and stop going backward all in the name of boring culture. Culture evolves, my friend!
Christianity & Islam are not native to Nigeria. yeah it evolves but you want is westernization. no shame in having a unique culture different from the "globalized" world as longer as it's not hurting people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_cMTjoNtM
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
TerryCarr:
Christianity & Islam are not native to Nigeria. yeah it evolves but you want is westernization. no shame in having a unique culture different from the "globalized" world as longer as it's not hurting people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_cMTjoNtM

Zulu culture is South African culture, not Nigerian lol

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

Zulu culture is South African culture, not Nigerian lol
no $hit
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by ShangosAxe91: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Honestly as AA black man of African descent I don't know if im qualified to speak on this but I will .I don't think it is a inferiority complex I just think it's all about personal choices.my family for instance descended from Africans who were captured and sold off For other trading goods many were beaten , raped ,hung ,killed and against their will their culture became Obsolete.the truth is following their capture and their betrayal by their own kind some came to the new world and willing adopted another culture as a way of survival but kept only one tradition alive depending on their choice .my Family's choice was to keep ancestral Reverance Alive hiding it behind what We know as Africanized Christian faith .My great great grandmother was even considered a witch by most and a medicine woman by some because she Knew what herbs worked for this or that .
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
koyyes: oh, so you can stand for the chinese and say that they haven't been influenced by the western world even when it is glaring for all to see but you can't say same for Africa?
Nothing you've shown points to that conclusion. If you had a reasonable level of education, you'd have seen that.

looool. Then what are you doing here on nairaland (created by someone using western technology to make good cash)
*yawns*
Since when did the eastern world suddenly become western?

exchanging words in ENGLISH with people?
The colonialists you love so much didn't exactly put us in a good position. How hell do you think people in the Benin, Oyo or Asante kingdom coped with living in a state spanning several ethnic groups?

You should be busy slaving for the whites like a hopeless coward as you've decided within you to do so. Ioooool. I'm very happy I've been able to expose the real person you are on this thread.
Yes. Thanks for giving me a reason to post more google scholar links. I am happy to have helped educate more people on their history.

Pro african culture my as#! Even with your hatred for us,at least you identified us with a name- NIGERIANS!
Where did I say I hate NIgerians. I only hate WESTERNIZED Africans who think they are more "civilized" but have provided nothing to show for. And with all this backwardness stemming from this arrogance, still have the audacity to blame their forward thinking forefathers. Now that colonialism has occurred, Show me ONE thing modern-day Africa has right now that makes them more advanced than their forefathers in the 19th century.

But where are you from- Caribbean?
Did I specify where I was from exactly or just my blood?

please, don't make me laugh! Anyways, I feel your pain, its not easy being called racist and demeaning names without taking it out on the 'free borns'.

Take heart, and say hi to your master when you get to work. You want to see an ancient africa in 2014? Loooooooooooool! Its either you've been on cheap drugs for years or you are a confirmed reeeetard!
Gosh! Even ancient Africa is more inline with 2014. You guys should really be ashamed. No paved roads, bad health care, selfish government, no security, dilapidated buildings, etc, all the issues that would have been non-existent in those times.

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by traware(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
kingston277:
Nothing you've shown points to that conclusion. If you had a reasonable level of education, you'd have seen that.

*yawns*

The colonialists you love so much didn't exactly put us in a good position. How hell do you think people in the Benin, Oyo or Asante kingdom coped with living in a state spanning several ethnic groups?

Yes. Thanks for giving me a reason to post more google scholar links. I am happy to have helped educate more people on their history.

Where did I say I hate NIgerians. I only hate WESTERNIZED Africans who think they are more "civilized" but have provided nothing to show for. And with all this backwardness stemming from this arrogance, still have the audacity to blame their forward thinking forefathers. Now that colonialism has occurred, Show me ONE thing modern-day Africa has right now that makes them more advanced than their forefathers in the 19th century.

Gosh! Even ancient Africa is more inline with 2014. You guys should really be ashamed. No paved roads, bad health care, selfish government, no security, dilapidated buildings, etc, all the issues that would have been non-existent in those times.
Sir,take it easy.The Caribbean isn't perfect either...neither is Jamaica.Anyway,that isn't why I'm here.As an authentic Jamaican,I would like you to list the best dance-hall music artiste and their songs for me.The ones like Vybz Kartel who sing very explicit songs(No questions.I'm carrying out a research)

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
traware: Sir,take it easy.The Caribbean isn't perfect either...neither is Jamaica.Anyway,that isn't why I'm here.As an authentic Jamaican,I would like you to list the best dance-hall music artiste and their songs for me.The ones like Vybz Kartel who sing very explicit songs(No questions.I'm carrying out a research)
Did I say they were perfect? In fact, I believe Africans are better to work with than caribbeans in ending worldwide embarrassment of people of African decent. They have their own languages, a real history full of great thinkers, the population and resources to become the next world-power, not as distracted by thug-life as Jamaicans are, etc. I am simply trying to help bring out great indigenous knowledge to help Africa educate western blacks because I believe they secretly know how to build prosperous societies like they once did. Read what their forefathers could do...
"Relations at Benin followed a similar pattern, though Europeans there were even more subordinate since the powerful kingdom did not permit them to erect any outposts on its territory. For their part, Europeans were impressed with Benin not just because of the commercial possibilities of the kingdom's pepper (Piper guineense), its cotton textiles, and its ivory, but also because of its striking capital city, its large palace complex, and its artisans' great skill. Many sixteenth- and seventeenth-century visitors commented extensively on Benin's capital city, which was surrounded by a massive earthen wall five or six miles in circumference and pierced at intervals by large gates fashioned from the trunk of a single tree. From the gates, broad streets ran in straight lines across the city, intersecting at right angles. Dutch accounts deemed the thirty main streets to be as wide as the great avenues of Amsterdam, Within the city, houses of ordinary citizens had earthen walls and thatched roofs, which European observers considered airy and very pleasant. Their walls and floors were polished "as smooth and as even as any plastered wall in Holland and as shining as a looking-glass." 13
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by traware(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
kingston277:
Did I say we were perfect? In fact, I believe they are better to work with than caribbeans in ending worldwide embarrassment of people of African decent. Africans have their own languages, a real history full of great thinkers, the population and resource to dominate the world, not as distracted by thug-life as we are, etc. I am simply trying to help bring out great indigenous knowledge to help Africa educate western blacks because I believe they secretly know how to build prosperous societies like they once did. Read what their forefathers could do...
I am Nigerian and yes,I do study other Black communities around the globe.Jamaicans seem to be good in music and .....I no wan vex pesin this night.All I know is being a 'shotta boy' and 'go-go girl' leads nowhere but to the ground.Nigerians generally believe other Black people in the world are harsh and aggressive and should be avoided.So I have no idea how this 'knowledge sharing' can occur.Still waiting for the songs and artistes

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
all4naija: There is need to do away with barbarism in Nigeria. We have to move forward as a people and stop going backward all in the name of boring culture. Culture evolves, my friend!
Which barbarism? The kind imposed on Nigeria by European sharia law? Or the one you practice? Or are you calling those that built paved roads, tall buildings, submarines, good health care, law, freedom of choice, political inclusiveness, barbarians? I that case, you aren't just a half-breed, you are backwards.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 10:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
traware: I am Nigerian and yes,I do study other Black communities around the globe.Jamaicans seem to be good in music and .....I no wan vex pesin this night.All I know is being a 'shotta boy' and 'go-go girl' leads nowhere but to the ground.[b]Nigerians generally believe other Black people in the world are harsh and aggressive. And should be avoided.So I have no idea how this 'knowledge sharing' can occur.[/b]Still waiting for the songs and artistes
Simple, with education and promotion of culture.

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by traware(m): 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
kingston277:
Simple, with education and promotion of culture.
I'm aware in the 1970s and 80s,the Nigerian federal Government tried to create links with Caribbean nations but that idea tailed off in the 90s.Since then,I believe both sides have just inevitably drifted apart
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
traware: I'm aware in the 1970s and 80s,the Nigerian federal Government tried to create links with Caribbean nations but that idea tailed off in the 90s.Since then,I believe both sides have just inevitably drifted apart
I recall hearing that Haiti recently Joined the AU, so there is more unity, though I still think more can still be done.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
kingston277:
Which barbarism? The kind imposed on Nigeria by European sharia law? Or the one you practice? Or are you calling those that built paved roads, tall buildings, submarines, good health care, law, freedom of choice, political inclusiveness, barbarians? I that case, you aren't just a half-breed, you are backwards.
I feel sorry for you. For being a very primitive person! Jeez! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
kingston277:

*yawns*

Did I specify where I was from exactly or just my blood?

. For the sake of those on this thread, I'll post this link below for them to read.http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/caribbean-nations-outraged-dominican-racism Now I see why you are so pained. Your self hatred is oozing all over this thread. Your ancestors sold your forefathers in chains and they were forced to work on the plantation field. Now, blacks there are regarded as 3rd class citizens. How did you handle it? You are seeking refuge in a white man's land, slaving your as# out, ordering chinese products through gadgets that you did not invent, sleeping with white women and doing their meals and dishes. Then every time a white kid calls you racist names, you come here on nairaland and transfer your aggression on nigerians . You say you hate westernized africans but you by no way see yourself as one? Men, you are a complete eeeediot! I don't blame you, I blame the nigerians here who support your hypocritical and contradicting comments when ever you spew nonsense to their fellow nigerians. Some one from haiti who did nothing when the UN soldiers were raping their women in exchange for food can appear on nairaland and indirectly blame nigerians for that. It's a good thing people here are beginning to see how much of a self hated reeetard you are, ready to spread self hatred under the pretense of spreading african culture awareness. Loooooooool. You are demented, You've betrayed your people countless times and you deserve that burning hatred that is eating you up! Black slowpoke!

2 Likes

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Just to reposting from another thread regarding Koyyes.

kingston277:
koyyes:
.#laughs, rolls and falls off my locally made african chair# o my goodness,
Dude, nobody cares where your chair came from. After all, why isn't your chair made in Cameroon, Niger or Ghana? Because Nigeria/west are the only sources available to you? So how can you expect me to gain access to Caribbean/African goods? By import? You Want me to import a huge a.ss leather computer chair? I can only use what is availble to me. But unlike you, I actually buy from my own ethnic group as many times as I can, therefor keeping money within my community and by extension, funnelling back to Africa/Caribbean. African expatiates in Portugal did the same thing back in the 16th century, that is why Africa was more wealthy and prosperous than your glorified, "more civilized" dumping ground for western nations that you currently live in right now.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-wyH7LQByMk0/UPF_65kXIAI/AAAAAAAADmk/2QFMVL3dPzI/s640/Netherlandish.jpg[/img]

Today's Nigerians with your mindset on the other hand, allow foreign companies to pump your oil and precious metals out of your country and take half the wealth with them. The other half goes into the pockets of your brain dead elites. Practice what you preach, otherwise your words are worthless.

how western slavery,brain washing and stuuuupidity has turned some people into frustrated lunatics that they don't even make sense when they try to communicate.
Are you drunk or is are the fumes affecting your ability to reason?
http://hitchcock.itc.virginia.edu/Slavery/return.php?categorynum=2&categoryName=Pre-Colonial%20Africa:%20Society%2c%20Polity%2c%20Culture
What in the above is brainwashing. Take off your tinfoil hat.

When last did you have a dirty stream bath if you call that more civilized and advanced than fetching bath water from a bore hole
Where did you see/hear people bathing in rivers in those times? Can you stop pulling info out of your a.ss, you are starting to sound like a lunatic.

Bathrooms
Also, why would the inventors of shadoofs be bathing in rivers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadoof
And thats ignoring the irrigation systems at great zimbabwe that were described by colonialists as effective as modern irrigation systems.

I feel pity for you. Even the caribbean is no longer regarded as a home to you that you now live your life like a vagabond. Even with what is happening in nigeria, it nothing compared to what you and your people who you hate so much face.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/caribbean-nations-outraged-dominican-racism.
Thanks for the link, just a little something I can use against the likes of you who praise African societies that are closer culturally to the West while criticizing those who actually care about their history. You might want to review your link because It appears to be aimed at people like you rather than me. And try posting links next time that are relevant to the argument.

Do yourself a huge favor, take your ancient pics, video links as well as your white masters books and share with your caribbean black people and see if they will not 'devour' you.
We already are returning to our roots, thats why we are moving foreword. That is why even Lybia was more developed than you even though they were run by a dictator. They stuck with they traditional, progressive ways instead of borrowing garbage western ways that don't benefit anyone but the originators of that culture.

That's why your live,eat, sleep and shit in nairaland. As 'bad' as we are, we are what you and your descendants will never be even in the next 100 years.
Judging from the way you self-haters are running your country, the whiteman will soon steal all of your culture that made you successful in the pre-colonial times, repackage it, then export it back to you just like your natural resources. Pathetic.

I feel your pain and envy, take heart!buhahahahhahaha! Next time you want to post an ancient pic that depicts the good old days, make sure you post a pic of smiling faces,
I'm pretty sure I did from the Bamoum kingdom a few pages back, but it seems I can't expect any truthfulness or efficiency from you anyway.

probably from societies who used to live naked and not malnourished people that look like corpses,
Those people look naked and malnourished to you?! GTFO and go back to kindergarten, the internet is strictly for grown-ups. And get your eyes checked before hand so you don't fail the class.

also make sure the pic was taken with a camera invented by an african.
Show me a camera invented by any other culture in the world at the time.
Are you telling me this isn't enough?

Poor lost, Sadistic, moronic fool like you! Still wondering why I won't prove my points with historical pics and unadulterated african books, its very simple- I treasure my heritage and I don't share them with demented sell outs who lack comprehension- that's insulting. Hope that sinks. looool.
Why don't you start providing NL some facts instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks. It would greatly help demonstrate some level of maturity for such a complex topic. If not, then I suggest you back out. You have not demonstrated you have any knowledge in research, archaeology, linguistics, history or awareness of the diversity of cultures. You also do not exhibit any attributes of a post-secondary educated individual, who read university text books and spoken to knowledgeable individuals, much less avoiding this mentality:
RandomAfricanAm: @kingston277
Thumbs up to you. That said you are going to run into the same problems with the self haters over and over. Typical broad issues are...
1. The attempt of translating African ideas/institutions into incompatible European intellectual containers.
2. A poor(lopsided) grasp of the general history of Humans and their activity through time.
3. A poor ability to process historical knowledge of Human activity through time to make insightful descriptions of todays society.
4. Misguided rationalizations exacerbated by issues #1-3 above.
5. Dogged stubbornness brought on by the idea that "I didn't come to this conclusion by an emotional fit, I came to a rational well thought-out conclusion". This being done under the more fundamental issue noted in #4
6. A poor "spiritual/emotional" relationship with the topic under discussion brought on by personal observation(school/real world) of that topic. While the rationalization serves as justification for the stated position; the spiritual relationship mediates which rationalization was stated in the first place.
Until you learn from individuals like the one above, there is no real purpose in debating with you on an academically closed topic. Engaging you in petty bickering to try and enlighten you with generally accepted facts does not help contribute to the NL knowledge base anymore than it lowers peoples faith in the education system. The bottom line is, don't preach about things you have no formal education in. And don't listen to people who have no formal education in a subject. Since you like to have the last word, I will let you finish, but I'll leave people with more diagnosis on your psychosis:
RandomAfricanAm: Two major vectors of foreign cultural attack...

1. Media(music, movies, TV shows, websites, sports)
2. Returnees from the Diaspora(People associate the status of these people not merely with application of education; but also with hairstyles, speech, clothing, etc)
**I should also add the vestiges of the old colonial education system that's still in place**

Note: number 2 is the vector I have the most issue with concerning these self hating people. The most ironic display being the ones who complain about "backward superstitious people" who then basically attempt to devour other peoples culture in a bid to be like (insert perceived quality here). what makes that ironic is they are employing the same logic as a person killing a lion and devouring it's flesh in a bid to be like (insert perceived quality here). It's the same line of logic except concerning a different entity.

Note 2: Colonization provides the gapping hole for those cultural mores to take a stronger hold then they normally would otherwise. The self haters also seem to believe that the fact that the colonial period(that only lasted 50ish years ...spain was occupied for 800) occurred is a rationalization for their cultural "betrayal".
RandomAfricanAm: That sh*t is sad man. sad
The worse part is that they feel like they are being "realistic" "responsible" "progressive" or my personal favorite "civilized"(even though they completely miss the keyword *civil*) Automation & mechanization does not equal civilization; Automized & mechanized barbarians are still practicing barbarism. Simply put mechanized barbarism is still barbarism.

Neutral Example: When the tent dwelling, spear chucking, horse riding Mongolians sacked and overran china they were barbarians being barbarous. When the mansion/castle dwelling, rifle/cannon shooting, galleon/wagon riding Europeans sacked and overran china they were also barbarians being barbarous.

Self haters conveniently skip that and other episodes in world history nor do they dare say they the fact that china was overrun by a pack of tent dwellers on horse back means that they should stop city planning, administrative practices, civil engineering projects, etc. and accept the superior tent dwelling "civilization" that was obviously justified by chinas round defeat and occupation by Mongolians. Nor do they say that the Japanese should give up their Shinto tree, rock, etc spirits and become "civilized"(or in self hater language "industrialized", "mechanized", & "automized" ...which is what they really mean when they say "civilized"wink

As concerns my ideas surrounding African spirituality I suggest you checkout my reply on the second page of...
https://www.nairaland.com/1554976/whats-literal-translation-north-south/1

As I like to say...
1. Freedom is a necessity but not enough. Choices are predicated on what you know at the time of calculating a decision. If I control what you know I control the range of your possible choices.
2. Knowledge is a necessity but not enough. Knowledge derives it's usefulness from being processed when calculating a decision. The smaller the range of process you are capable of carrying out the less you can do with what you know.
3. Processing(intelligence) is a necessity but not enough. There are a series of Processes done in executing a plan. If you have no plan your interests are subject to those who do have a plan. Be that in using your ability to process knowledge to further their plans(not yours) or simply by your interests being displaced in the execution of their plans.
4. Plans are a necessity but not enough. Plans are simply a means to accomplishing a goal. If you have no goals in life your interests are subject to those who do have a goal. Be that in using your ability to plan and/or process knowledge to further their goals(not yours) or simply by your interests being displaced in the execution of their goals.
5. There are more but I can successfully reply without stating the rest

While I commend the Self haters for wanting better for themselves and Africa as a whole.

I question...
1.The range of knowledge they have at there disposal when coming to their stated positions
2.The range of processes they were able to employ on that knowledge.(Which led to their inability to make historically consistent positions)
3.The extent to which their self hate surrounding colonization impedes absorption, development, & execution of new knowledge and processes.
Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by kingston277(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
all4naija: I feel sorry for you. For being a very primitive person! Jeez! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Sorry, I'm not into British rock groups, but maybe your white half is grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Primitives

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by TerryCarr(m): 12:42am On Jul 22, 2014
koyyes: . For the sake of those on this thread, I'll post this link below for them to read.http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/caribbean-nations-outraged-dominican-racism Now I see why you are so pained. Your self hatred is oozing all over this thread. Your ancestors sold your forefathers in chains and they were forced to work on the plantation field. Now, blacks there are regarded as 3rd class citizens. How did you handle it? You are seeking refuge in a white man's land, slaving your as# out, ordering chinese products through gadgets that you did not invent, sleeping with white women and doing their meals and dishes. Then every time a white kid calls you racist names, you come here on nairaland and transfer your aggression on nigerians . You say you hate westernized africans but you by no way see yourself as one? Men, you are a complete eeeediot! I don't blame you, I blame the nigerians here who support your hypocritical and contradicting comments when ever you spew nonsense to their fellow nigerians. Some one from haiti who did nothing when the UN soldiers were raping their women in exchange for food can appear on nairaland and indirectly blame nigerians for that. It's a good thing people here are beginning to see how much of a self hated reeetard you are, ready to spread self hatred under the pretense of spreading african culture awareness. Loooooooool. You are demented, You've betrayed your people countless times and you deserve that burning hatred that is eating you up! Black slowpoke!
black is not a monocultural thing. thats like saying Germans killed there "cousins" in Poland

2 Likes

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277: Just to reposting from another thread regarding Koyyes.

ooooooooooh, woe to you and your unstructured piece of shiiiit!! Even the guy you've been quoting to support all the garbage you've been typing will be so embarrassed at how uneducated you are about various ancient african cultures and their life styles. Don't go and contribute to fixing your numerous problems in the Caribbean,keep bothering your demented head about nigeria's problems like we give a shiiiit about what a demented hypocritical lunatic like you thinks. You can come here and say anything but I dare you to come to nigeria and repeat this garbage. That is when you'll see the spirit of the ancient african heritage we've got. By the time we are through with you, the caribbeans won't even pull a muscle and the canadians will give us a handshake for getting rid of a 'burden'.MR I KNOW EVERY THING ABOUT NOTHING!

1 Like

Re: Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
TerryCarr:
black is not a monocultural thing. thats like saying Germans killed there "cousins" in Poland
Your point exactly? Be clearer so that the ediot that liked your comment can fully comprehend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals / Full List Of Past Olubadans / Abeg Who Can Teach Me Ekiti?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.