Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! (23926 Views)

10 Christmas Traditions From Nigeria And Other Parts Of The World / Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless / Eyonigger Is A Useless Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by fanficgirl(f): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
This just made me really terrified. Me and my family are going back for the first time in over a decade, is this what we're supposed to expect? Someone please tell me it isn't that bad??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
fanficgirl: This just made me really terrified. Me and my family are going back for the first time in over a decade, is this what we're supposed to expect? Someone please tell me it isn't that bad??
We have gotten used to it that we feel it's not that bad but my dear sister it's so bad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Freiburger(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2014
Babymama1:

How dare you
Are the same things not happening in Niger republic and Burkina Faso
Why do you single out Nigeria grin
Why always comparing yourself with the lame ones? undecided
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
Students writing exams at a secondary school in Ibadan shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Not in a village o,one of the largest cities in Nigeria that prides itself as the first in everything.
The pacesetter state they call themselves

Insert is a snake killed in the school
Nigeria e nwe ro nmekwata.There is no hope

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Let us be truthful to ourselves.... NIGERIANS RUINED NIGERIA. simple and short. The mess Nigeria is in today is the aggregation of the wrong decisions each individual, or most individuals make in the country on a daily basis starting from the leaders, academic professionals even to the common man on the street.

The Nigerian system is so bad. Let us tell ourselves the harsh truth. and it is only the change in attitude in Nigerians that will change the country.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
fanficgirl: This just made me really terrified. Me and my family are going back for the first time in over a decade, is this what we're supposed to expect? Someone please tell me it isn't that bad??

Just prepare yourself for the shocker
You will be reminded every second that you were no more in Obodo oyibo but NIgeria
Pray that the conveyor belts are working when you land at the airport if not be very prepared for chaos
I have been through that experience twice

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by fanficgirl(f): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Babymama1:

Just prepare yourself for the shocker
You will be reminded every second that you were no more in Obodo oyibo but NIgeria
Pray that the conveyor belts are working when you land at the airport if not be very prepared for chaos
I have been through that experience twice
Sorry to ask, but what does Obodo Oyibo mean? And ouch, harsh experience. Do you mind giving me any tips or warnings?
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2014
fanficgirl:
Sorry to ask, but what does Obodo Oyibo mean? And ouch, harsh experience. Do you mind giving me any tips or warnings?

Obodo oyibo means oyibo man country
I pray you enjoy your stay though
I don't wish to scare you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by pheforusty(m): 10:41am On Jul 15, 2014
Babymama1:

Obodo oyibo means oyibo man country
I pray you enjoy your stay though
I don't wish to scare you
..pls give her the tips,i'm curious to know what the tips would be.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by oraclefemi(m): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2014
I love patriots until the Nigerian situation happens to them. Let Boko haram kidnap your daughter and let's see if your view won't change! If you manage to get a visa after that you will run and never look back. That's all I have to say. I used to defend this country until I left and realized that with the little time I have on earth I need to enjoy it to the max but unfortunately Nigeria can't provide it for me. Name one thing oh ye patriots that works ..just one then we can take it from there.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2014

you will need all forms of rechargeables undecided
rechargeable lamps, chargers, fans, acs, tvs, cookers, heaters, etc etc grin
in other words, if nepa bring light today, you have to charge your rechargeable cos you won't be getting light again in 1 week.

2. You need to call your people at home 1 week prior to get you a sim-card cos it takes almost 1 week to acquire a sim card in Nigeria. From acquisition to registration etc etc grin

3. Grab some panadol, cos our roads lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4. The air is kinda thick, dunno how to explajn this part but for the first 2 days, you're gonna think you're breathing in O4 instead of O2(oxygen) grin

5. Last I went, I used mtn subscription on my iphone for browsing, I think it's 3K for 1GB. That's almost the closest you'll get to keeping in touch with the universe while in that country grin

6. As you've not been there in 10 years, no stay pass 1 month if you wanna retain your sanity cheesy

long live NIGERIA!!! kiss

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by hiuser(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Babymama1: Many years ago in a conversation,I told someone that a time would come in Nigeria when a child born will know nothing else but how to cheat and scheme and connive and dupe others or do whatever it takes to get ahead.
I believe Nigeria is at that time now.
The place is useless.Increasingly I feel a lot of disgust for that land.
I pretend to love it when sorrounded by foreigners,I won't let people bash my country and get away without a response but in my heart of hearts ,I agree with them.
I held out hope for years till I told myself the truth and that truth is that the only way that country could be saved is by a Passover,the like of what happened in Biblical times when the children of Israel wanted to leave Egypt and the angel of death had to kill the first sons of the Egyptians while passing over the house of the Israelites.
There should be a Passover of some sort where every man or woman who had a hand in the rot of the land is done away with by a similar angel ,all in one night so fear can grip the survivors and perhaps change will come.
At the current state we are in,there is no hope for a change
The foundation and make up of the country and it's systems are completely rotted.
There is hardly any truthful man in the land
Everyone expects something for nothing and something for something.
There is no love in anyone's heart for Nigeria
Don't get me wrong,America is no paradise but Americans are genuinely proud of their country and would fight to defend it.
Nigerians are not proud of Nigeria and who could blame them
The country has done nothing for any of us
Dying for Nigeria is useless!it is not worth it
I make bold to state that all those who died in a fight to keep Nigeria one died in vain,sadly.
The country is not worth dying for.

Numbers 21:25
So Israel took all these cities, and Israel dwelt in all the cities of the Amorites, in Heshbon and in all its 'villages'.

we can see you asking you! we are books already!
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by fanficgirl(f): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2014
oraclefemi: I love patriots until the Nigerian situation happens to them. Let Boko haram kidnap your daughter and let's see if your view won't change! If you manage to get a visa after that you will run and never look back. That's all I have to say. I used to defend this country until I left and realized that with the little time I have on earth I need to enjoy it to the max but unfortunately Nigeria can't provide it for me. Name one thing oh ye patriots that works ..just one then we can take it from there.

Lol I think that's what's happening with my mom. We keep tryihg to reason with her, but she keeps talking about patriotism and country pride first. I have a feeling shell be severely disillusioned.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by fanficgirl(f): 7:42am On Jul 17, 2014
alutacontinua:

in other words, if nepa bring light today, you have to charge your rechargeable cos you won't be getting light again in 1 week.

2. You need to call your people at home 1 week prior to get you a sim-card cos it takes almost 1 week to acquire a sim card in Nigeria. From acquisition to registration etc etc grin

4. The air is kinda thick, dunno how to explajn this part but for the first 2 days, you're gonna think you're breathing in O4 instead of O2(oxygen) grin

5. Last I went, I used mtn subscription on my iphone for browsing, I think it's 3K for 1GB. That's almost the closest you'll get to keeping in touch with the universe while in that country grin

6. As you've not been there in 10 years, no stay pass 1 month if you wanna retain your sanity cheesy

Omg, lmfao!! Thanks for the detailed advice LOL. You make it sound like I'm heading to Mars xD
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
fanficgirl:
Omg, lmfao!! Thanks for the detailed advice LOL. You make it sound like I'm heading to Mars xD
don't mind these fools here. They are just kids. Nigeria is not bad as potrayed. I read comments on CNN AND BBC and I see how the citizens of these countries bash it. But the truth lies in finding out yourself. As for the guy talking about "rechargeables" that's a joke you know. Nigerian joke. Ask him how many rechargeable gadgets he possess...except for his laptop or phone ofcourse.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by kalimera101: 1:50am On Jul 20, 2014
RANDY1: do you know how small singapore is? Singapore is half the size of LA . Japan is slightly smaller than California. Tokyo metro area (including Yokohama and Kawasaki ) is the capital and only city of Japan. the UK is the Same size as southern california. england is the same size as Hawaii.

Sorry, Tokyo is not the only city in Japan, it's just the most popular place foreigners tend to find themselves.
So to cater for that foreigners' community, there's so many things you'll find there that's not common in other places.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by apolonius(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2014
alutacontinua:

This is a practical guide to the Naija life for a returnee. It is so apt.

While I am always in Naija even as a tuck away here,I am ensuring I keep to this strict guide o.

Aluta-C,the lady whose words are always enwisdomized! Thanks for sharing with us.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by cococandy(f): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Very true
PocketEconomist: Let us be truthful to ourselves.... NIGERIANS RUINED NIGERIA. simple and short. The mess Nigeria is in today is the aggregation of the wrong decisions each individual, or most individuals make in the country on a daily basis starting from the leaders, academic professionals even to the common man on the street.

The Nigerian system is so bad. Let us tell ourselves the harsh truth. and it is only the change in attitude in Nigerians that will change the country.

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by jaybee3(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
It's really not that bad to be honest.

You will do just fine if you can accept things aren't going to be effective/seamless as your normal place of residence.

The only thing I found challenging is the traffic but then again it's to be expected so plan your journeys wisely.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by cococandy(f): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
jaybee3: It's really not that bad to be honest.

You will do just fine if you can accept things aren't going to be effective/seamless as your normal place of residence.

The only thing I found challenging is the traffic but then again it's to be expected so plan your journeys wisely.
It's really not that bad if you have money.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by jaybee3(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
cococandy:
It's really not that bad if you have money.
Not necessarily ya know...

Nigeria is a country where you can easily cut your coat according to your size.

There is something for all class and one doesn't have to break bones to enjoy/get it
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
jaybee3:
Not necessarily ya know...

Nigeria is a country where you can easily cut your coat according to your size.

There is something for all class and one doesn't have to break bones to enjoy/get it

There's only few times cutting ones cloth according to their cloth works.
Uncle Jay just imagine things like not being able to get admission because the department you seek to study in is filled up with those who had 300'-500k to pay in order to get in.
It is that bad embarassed
And it happens all the time.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by jaybee3(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
cococandy:

There's only few times cutting ones cloth according to their cloth works.
Uncle Jay just imagine things like not being able to get admission because the department you seek to study in is filled up with those who had 300'-500k to pay in order to get in.
It is that bad embarassed
And it happens all the time.
I do get your point
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 31, 2014
This thread still dey?
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by obioraval(m): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
Wow. One day I will edit this comment of mine.

Nothing but the truth.

Update:

2nd year in the UK.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tck2000(m): 11:11am On Jul 20, 2019
IYO
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by allineediscash: 7:18pm On May 03, 2021
I'm just waiting for the day I get to leave this country smiley

Edit: lol this thread died a long time ago
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by AntiNigerian: 11:49pm On May 16, 2023
allineediscash:
I'm just waiting for the day I get to leave this country smiley

Edit: lol this thread died a long time ago
I don't think so

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Accident Between A 40 Feet Container And Cars In Ihiala, Anambra (Pictures) / For Those Who Have Been Scammed; I Can Catch The Scammer In 2 Days / Please Beware Of This Killer Biscuit Called " Crunches Biscuit"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.