Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! (23959 Views)

10 Christmas Traditions From Nigeria And Other Parts Of The World / Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless / Eyonigger Is A Useless Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by suavelara(f): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2014
tintingz: Sorry, Crime rate in US is 99.9%

And who told you laws are not enforce in Nigeria.
Laws are not fully enforced in Nigeria even by those put in place to enforce them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by jumzzy448: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2014
Calling Nigeria useless is a strong word to use IMHO, but to be truthful, all what you said is the truth. I know we truly have a long way to go.

If everyone decides to run away from Nigeria, then who would be left to make it a better place.

Turning the country for better starts with you and I.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2014
Coming back to help fix the country is the greatest mistake any sane person will do. I won't use the word useless cos it seems to me people living in there loves the rot. If you don't, after yrs of trying to change you will just find yourself blending in with everyone else . It's like sharing a flat with dirty roomies. One day you are tired, you move out or wait for them to change while cleaning up after them

You drive right, you get cursed. People calling you " Mumu carry your yeye car comot for road" . You stop to let kids cross a dangerous road, you are shouted on. You try to find out why the cops still holding all your licence . They won't release it until your Roger them.
What about the clinics , ministries etc.

Right now, going back to Nigeria, pls just go straight to your village. Fresh food, air , at least you escape some of these nuisance . Nigeria cities are in a mess. Very high pollution. Noise from churches and mosque. Generators running every night.

As at the last time, calabar is the only calm and clean city I know. I don't know what it has turned to with the present government.
The elected thieves keeps stealing and killing. Very sad. sad

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by maestroferddi: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Why all the noise? If Nigeria is useless, why not renounce/revoke your citizenship permanently? Granted, Nigeria has many issues but so do most of Nigerians living in the diaspora. Some of these jokers make out to be more American than George Bush or more English than Tony Blair. How sad! But come o, who do you guys think you are patronising? Why not stop all the griping and whining and think of what you can do to initiate a change, no matter how small? Instead of flaunting pseudo-sophistication and virtual affluence why not try to emulate the good things that privileged citizens of developed societies do. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and many more super-rich philanthropists have been known to shun flamboyance in order to advance the cause of their societies. Could the same be said of these so-called sophisticats? What have we done to make a change? Is it not embarrassing to boast with another man's land where you contributed close to nothing to develop while denigrating your own for the fun of it? Would all the 'phoney' and affectations change the fact that you remain a n****r, sort of a carpet-bagger? Please folks lets put on our thinking caps. We should quit over-indulging ourselves in the warmth of another man's fire and then forget to make our own. Stop dissipating your energies recounting litany of woes:think of what you can do to change your motherland. The hues and cries are what they are: a cop-out.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2014
suavelara:
Laws are not [b]fully[/[b] enforced in Nigeria even by those put in place to enforce them
agreed because of the bolded. smiley
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Kessythegeek(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2014
smh......that America you residing... and opening your yansh all about... once upon a time...they went through... testing times...
believe me or not
we gonna come out smiling #ilovemahcountry
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by MadCow1: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2014
suavelara:
Laws are not fully enforced in Nigeria even by those put in place to enforce them

Our Laws are even a Joke..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Oxygenbutter77(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2014
hydeka: Have you been to other countries apart from Nigeria and the one you reside in now? Your conclusion based on your little experience makes me question your capability of sound judgement. Our problems may be many but which other country doesn't have problems? What we need at a time like this is the morale, will and encouragement to become a better people and not this your pessimistic blurting. And please don't ever return to this useless country again unless indeed you are also...#oh forget it! this debate is pointless!#
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2014
We all know Nigeria has problem, we Nigerians living in that country knows that but coming from a white land after licking their aszes and use that mouth to call Nigeria useless speak of you.

Nigeria still have long way to go and we want change by protesting, starting a revolution but we can't because we are too "religious" we are waiting for God to come down from heaven, in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya they all protested for change.

Poverty, unemployment is very high in Nigeria and this is because of the bad government, corruption in our land.

My dream is too fly out from Nigeria to live a good life but what gives the guarantee that I will live a good life in a country like america where PhD holders from Nigeria are working in factories, washing toilets, cars to earn money for a living.

Nigeria is not useless, pray for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Ngokafor(f): 11:33am On Jul 10, 2014
...All i can say is there is something fundamentally wrong with this country..

...@op i cant even begin to narrate the level of rot and decay that has eaten deep into the fabrics of governance(Local,State and Federal) and the effects on the masses..it is mind-boggling...Therefore your observations are absolutely correct...the sad thing is that there seem to be no end in sight because the same masses complaing today would be exactly the same(or worse sef)than their predesessor if they attain their positions tomorrow..and so the circle continues...

...Like i said earlier,there is something wrong with this country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nihilist: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2014
Nigeria is useless by design....

It was created to be useless...read your history books for clarification on this statement

If in the future, a sane and orderly working society was to be found in the same geographical location that Nigeria current occupies, I assure you it will not be Nigerian.

Babymama1 this is the 1st time ever I'm agreeing with you on any topic grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ebamma(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
There is this man who owns a shop in my street, he sells drugs wholesale to other chemists to retail, any day Nafdac agents visit our street, his shop is always locked, i came to know that he always gets informed by a nafdac agent that the are going to visit our area beforehand, so the man keeps selling his fake drugs, and people keep buying, and if u die from taking it, your relations go say na winch kill u

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ImpactWorld(m): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ Op, I totally understand how you feel
I also weep for our dear country Nigeria.
But...
It is never right to call Nigeria useless.
Could you kindly change the title of this thread?
Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
chai babymama1 don vex gan!!

sadly I have to agree with everything she has said cry cry cry cry cry cry

NOBODY I know that has had the opportunity to leave the country ever came back to say Naija is better for him.

My immediate elder brother left the country four years ago to go and study to be a pilot. before going, he floated a company and had big dreams of coming back to set up a small charter service and luxury hot air balloon rides. The dude has finished his training and has changed his mind o! my guy man don settle down there with absolutely no intention of ever coming back o!
the little of other countries I have seen (even poverty stricken Ethiopia) confirms that our case don spoil finish.
I was chatting with an uncle who stays in Atlanta, he was sending me pictures of his house and office and street generally on whatsapp, i said 'Nigeria will get there someday' and he replied 'IMPOSSIBLE! we will never get there'
its really sad o

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by timifakay(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
RANDY1: even if you have uninterrupted power supply ,good roads ,organized housing , hospitals and schools in Nigeria,in fact that would be the beginning of Nigeria's Woes .Nigeria will still be a shiithole like Detroit,West Philadelphia,Camden,Toledo,Mississippi and the rest of the black shiitholes which all have constant power,good roads,organized housing,hospitals and schools .

I have a test for black people , Here's a brand New city. it's got all the infrastructures you'll ever need ,everything is intact . take it and live in it , I'll be back in 5 years to check up on you .

no whites allowed in the city. let us see the wonders black people are capable of . give every black person in the city 200,000 dollars as a head start . I'll be back in 5 years to check what's up.

Are you talking about adults or babies?
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Evidence of the decay and uselessness

JSS 3 students at Government Day Junior Secondary School in Gubi Bauchi State. Writing their third term examination on wednesday. (9/7/14).
Courtesy of NAN
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/photo-students-writing-exam-on-the-floor/

Go back to the 80s and 90s those classrooms had chairs and desks
Here we are in 2014, in the giant of Africa,mothers will send their grown kids to school and they sit with their clean uniforms on the floor
God punish Satan
We just dey backward match and una say make I no talk
Oya come and stop me

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
ImpactWorld: @ Op, I totally understand how you feel
I also weep for our dear country Nigeria.
But...
It is never right to call Nigeria useless.
Could you kindly change the title of this thread?
Thank you.

Sorry I won't change the title
I can't find anything else befitting
I held out hope for years and I have given up
Something drastic and catastrophic needs to happen for a change to come
Nigeria as it is currently structured and run is incapable of anything else but uselessness
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1: Evidence of the decay and uselessness

JSS 3 students at Government Day Junior Secondary School in Gubi Bauchi State. Writing their third term examination on wednesday. (9/7/14).
Courtesy of NAN
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/photo-students-writing-exam-on-the-floor/

Go back to the 80s and 90s those classrooms had chairs and desks
Here we are in 2014, in the giant of Africa,mothers will send their grown kids to school and they sit with their clean uniforms on the floor
God punish Satan
We just dey backward match and una say make I no talk
Oya come and stop me
What a pitiable dishma pishma. The Bauchi state government has a case to answer, including the school management. Who knows, they could also be culpable in the mismanagement of the funds allocated to the school.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Oya look at the cut off marks into the federal schools in Nigeria
That piece of information IMHO is the most authentic piece on the state of literacy in Nigeria state by state.
If anyone ever wanted to know where very state or region stood educationally,there it is.

How can anything good come from a nation with such disparity and korokoro favoritism on the basis of state of origin.
A nation where mediocrity rules supreme over intelligence

The fabric and foundation of that nation stands on a pack of cards
Any wonder we are in the mess we are in
You cannot plant cactus and expect to reap mango at harvest
Impossicant

Cut Off Marks Into Fed Govt Colleges ,Pay attention to the highlighted areas

Abia - Male(130) Female(130)
Adamawa - Male(62) Female(62)
Akwa-Ibom - Male(123) Female(123)
Anambra - Male(139) Female(139)
Bauchi - Male(35) Female(35)
Bayelsa - Male(72) Female(72)
Benue - Male(111) Female(111)
Borno - Male(45) Female(45)
Cross-Rivers - Male(97) Female(97)
Delta - Male(131) Female(131)
Ebonyi - Male(112) Female(112)
Edo - Male(127) Female(127)
Ekiti - Male(119) Female(119)
Enugu - Male(134) Female(134)
Gombe - Male(58) Female(58)
Imo - Male(138) Female(138)
Jigawa - Male(44) Female(44)
Kaduna - Male(91) Female (91)
Kano - Male(67) Female(67)
Kastina - Male(60) Female(60)
Kebbi - Male(9) Female(20)
Kogi - Male(119) Female(119)
Kwara - Male(123) Female(123)
Lagos - Male(133) Female(133)
Nassarawa - Male(58) Female(58)
Niger - Male(93) Female(93)
Ogun - Male(131) Female(131)
Ondo - Male(126) Female(126)
Osun - Male(127) Female(127)
Oyo - Male(127) Female(127)
Plateau - Male(97) Female(97)
Rivers - Male(118) Female(118)
Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba - Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe - Male(2) Female(27)

Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)
FCT Abuja - Male(90) Female(90)

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
What a pitiable dishma pishma. The Bauchi state government has a case to answer, including the school management. Who knows, they could also be culpable in the mismanagement of the funds allocated to the school.

It's not just Bauchi
I can produce the same pictures or worse from Lagos state,Ogun state,Anambra,Bayelsa and all points In between
A few miles from OBJ's Ota farm is an elementary school that houses kids in a chicken coop
Their brother was president for over 10 years counting his head of state years
That area has senate representation,people in the house both local and federal
It is a Nigerian uselessness issue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Look at those fed school entrance scores again
It almost looks like it is a punishment to be intelligent in Nigeria
A girl in Anambra state will need 139 to get into a school that a Zamfara girl only needs a pair of bweasts to get into
And I am supposed to be proud of that set up?
What is the incentive for hard work in Nigeria
Nada!
Some need to , some don't,they needn't lift a finger,their place is secure
And those who don't have to do a thing,rule over those who do
Nigeria is useless I insist
Everything about it stands on a worthless foundation

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by toluene12: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1: Look at those fed school entrance scores again
It almost looks like it is a punishment to be intelligent in Nigeria
A girl in Anambra state will need 139 to get into a school that a Zamfara girl only needs a pair of bweasts to get into
And I am supposed to be proud of that set up?
What is the incentive for hard work in Nigeria
Nada!
Some need to , some don't,they needn't lift a finger,their place is secure
And those who don't have to do a thing,rule over those who do
Nigeria is useless I insist
Everything about it stands on a worthless foundation

america also has affirmative action.
a program that gives preference for minorities n blacks when it comes to college admission, employment n govt contracts.
ben carson and so many successful blacks today once benefitted from the scheme.
there's nothing wrong in quota system.
u cant just neglect a certain region simply because they cant compete.
so long as we remain a nation,
its important everybody is carried along.
whether quota system has been utilized effectively or if it has actually achieved its objectives is another matter entirely.
But never u condemn quota system.
its a noble idea.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by GboyegaD(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It is your lucky day today as I will give you a free lesson. My pay is normally pretty high but consider the lesson a present from me to you. wink

Even though wikpedia is a popular website, it is NOT considered a reliable source. Do not use wikipedia to prove a point. If you want to provide scientific FACTS, use RELIABLE sources.

Reliable sources come from INDEPENDENT people or groups of people who do research according to the highest standards of propaedeutics.
Their research will be OBJECTIVE, RELIABLE, VALID and at best representative.

It is EXTREMELY important to pay attention to the sources we use and also to how PRECISELY we read statistics BECAUSE unreliable sources can be used to promote PROPAGANDA and be therefore very DANGEROUS.

Homework for you:
Be ready to explain what I have just said in your own words tongue

You have enough time to teach him that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. Such post should be neglected.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
toluene12:

america also has affirmative action.
a program that gives preference for minorities n blacks when it comes to college admission, employment n govt contracts.
ben carson and so many successful blacks today once benefitted from the scheme.
there's nothing wrong in quota system.
u cant just neglect a certain region simply because they cant compete.
so long as we remain a nation,
its important everybody is carried along.
whether quota system has been utilized effectively or if it has actually achieved its objectives is another matter entirely.
But never u condemn quota system.
its a noble idea.

There is no affirmative action anywhere in the civilized world that calls a failing grade a pass
Prove me wrong
None
Stop comparing a well thought out idea to encourage the disenfranchised with the stoopidity that obtains in your nation
Blacks in the USA were an enslaved people,conquered ,shut out and not given a chance
That was meant to carry them along but it didn't change a failing grade to a pass like your country does

Did the Igbos ,Akwaibomites and Yorubas plus Benue indigenes ever conquer northern Nigeria ?
Were they ever enslaved by us
Did our forefathers humiliate them,lynch them or exclude them from schools and colleges
So tell me,what is the basis of granting them a special status ,converting their failures to passes and what is the origin of their poor testing grades?
Until we tell ourselves the truth,nothing will change

You have a group of people that value Islamic writings above western education and Nigeria enables them by lowering standards to nothingness to accommodate them rather than insist that they shape up of ship out.

FYI affirmative action where it obtains does not give preference to blacks
It ensures a representation of minority groups like blacks,women,native Americans,the disabled ,in some settings ,whites and others from rural populations and other groups shut out from the workforce historically.
Please don't insult affirmative action by equating it to foolishness
You have to have a minimal passing grade to be considered
If affirmative action as it is applied in the USA was used,most of those northern states would not qualify.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by JustCurious: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
crackhaus: No one ever solved anything by just complaining about it.
What are you doing in your own little way to make Nigeria better?
What is your contribution so far in your own little community or circle?

Everyone has a mouth that can complain or fingers that can type loads of rants regarding Nigeria, but it's only very few people that try their best to implement change...the change they seek.

I'm not a fan of Nigeria too, I also have a lot of disgust for the system but I don't make noise about it cos that would make me just like everyone else.
You're guilty of the same problem by trying to exempt yourself... you just complained about people in offices acting like gods, when you just did the same thing by making yourself feel bigger than your country.

Really what is the point of this thread of yours?
thumbs up.. #ActionNeeded #EveryOneGotAPart2Play.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by MrT2011(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan: Are u a learner? Don't u know that Naija is the giant of Africa grin

Giant of witches in Africa you mean? grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Icudkill: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
tintingz: Our white slaves in white land are voicing out, thank God. grin

Hands down, Obama is the worst president since WWII: poll
www.m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/2/obama-worst-president-wwii-new-poll-shows/?page=all

Never call your land and your people "useless" cuz you will one day run back to your root, your land, your people when things go wrong.

shatap please!
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Icudkill: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
donsunny22: first of all,I forbid DAT statement Nigeria is not useless inspite d challenges ranging form economic hardship,insecurity, corruption & so on.if u say Nigeria is useless then everyone DAT is a Nigerian is also what u have said...SO pls change DAT topic.

nigeria is a uselessssssssss, as in very useless country
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nihilist: Nigeria is useless by design....

It was created to be useless...read your history books for clarification on this statement

If in the future, a sane and orderly working society was to be found in the same geographical location that Nigeria current occupies, I assure you it will not be Nigerian.

Babymama1 this is the 1st time ever I'm agreeing with you on any topic grin

LMAO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Icudkill: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
ayox2003:

Well any psychopathic eediot can also walk into Wal-Mart and buy a gun in the US then proceed to shoot anyone - anytime. Tell me whats worse: License to kill or license to drive?

I think you should have excogitated twice before starting a thread like this.

Frawzey

most irrational statement eva
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ebamma(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
No arm of our government can be trusted, the executives are looting, the legislature are sharing ghana must go bags of money, our judiciary na dem dey collect bribe pass , our civil servants go to work only on payday, we the ordinary people here, we are looking for new ways to rip each other off, a molue which is meant to carry three people will carry 4, so that the can make more money, the dont mind how inconvenienced u are, if u no like am go buy your own motor
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by MrRenaissance: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
Acidosis: Loll

We forget one fact here; this is AFRICA smiley Africa is cursed. Never expect a positive change till the 2nd coming of Christ.

Did I hear Ghana, S.A? Lol. Eliminate the whites from S.A, and you will see another glorified Kano state. Complaints, Rants, Arguments, Curses, Prayers, Lectures, ; Sermons won't solve our problems; we just have to accept FATE.

HE WHO NEEDS UNDERSTANDING, LET HIM SEEK UNDERSTANDING: Our Historic disconnection from progressive development started in days of ABRAHAM, CAIN AND ABEL. This isn't the right place to pinpoint these facts as many won't listen, let alone believe.

It takes 1 man to build a continent; ever wondered who migrated to Africa?
LOL! cheesy
There is absolutely nothing we can do!
The dumbest post I've ever read since the history of NL. Religion/Tribalism is the bane of our existence in Nigerian. Such a pity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / FG Targets 13000MW Solar Electricity- Amina Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.