Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final (43800 Views)

Cortana Predicts Argentina To Beat Germany / Cortana Predicts Argentina To Beat Netherlands. / Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by SaintChukz(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Cortana is now 14-0, and is on an unprecedented prediction streak. She has successfully picked the Winners of the last 14 matches of the World Cup in Brazil. Her semi-finals match predictions were her biggest test, and she passed with flying colors.

As for the World Cup finals game, we now have the winner picked! Cortana cautiously predicts that Germany will win the 2014 World Cup over Argentina and Brazil will take 3rd place.

This World Cup has been a wild ride for Soccer fans and for Microsoft machine learning engine. Can Cortana get away with a perfect 16-0 record? If so, this is a huge win for Microsoft’s Windows Phone Personal Assistant Cortana and Bing’s machine learning software.

Bing is Google’s main competitor, and although most people are using Google for their internet searches, this is not because Bing is inferior, but because of habit. The term “Google it” is synonymous with looking things up on the internet, and this is very hard for Bing to overcome.

Microsoft’s prediction engine has recently been putting a positive face to Bing, and this is something that Bing needs. Regardless of what happens with Cortana’ s prediction, this recent publicity is an example of how Bing’s presence will grow in the mind of consumers.

http://www.microsoftproductreviews.com/windows-phone/cortana-14-and-has-has-picked-a-world-cup-winner/

For all die hard Messi fans and those who are clamouring for Argentina to win this year's 2014 World Cup despite their poor unconvincing run, i guess faith has struck them a fatal blow as Cortana, 8-) the virtual assistant on the Microsoft WP 8.1 platform has tipped Germany to win the cup while Brazil will edge out the Netherlands for 3rd place. shocked Will she be proved wrong this time around or will she further cement her growing reputation as the most outstanding predictor of World Cup games since "octopus Paul"? cheesy What say you Nairalanders?

13 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Smartsyn(m): 8:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Germany It is then.

I started believing that thing since last night.

33 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by abatically(m): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2014
In another news Cortana predicts Argentina sound win. So which one is which? If Cortana predicts Germany would win, then predicts Argentina would win then that's cheating

https://www.nairaland.com/1806652/cortana-predicts-argentina-beat-germany

8 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by dejt4u(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Kx: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2014
abatically: In another news Cortana predicts Argentina sound win. So which one is which? If Cortana predicts Germany would win, then predicts Argentina would win then that's cheating

Double prediction.
Cortana appears to me like the reverse side of TB. Josh.

While news of Cortana prediction spreads before the match is played.
News of TB. Josh prediction spreads after the match has been played and result well known.

24 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by SaintChukz(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2014
abatically: In another news Cortana predicts Argentina sound win. So which one is which? If Cortana predicts Germany would win, then predicts Argentina would win then that's cheating

^ The link in this thread is fake and mischievous, it only leads to a 404 Error page.

4 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by abatically(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2014
SaintChukz: ^ The link in this thread is fake and mischievous, it only leads to a 404 Error page.

Then ur internet is probably bad because I just clicked it and it worked.

Anyway, my own cortana on my Lumia 920 predicts Germany. But looks like she's not so sure though.

2 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Roland17(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
LOBATAN!!
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by iluvweed(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
grin
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by babarazy: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tank u container sorry Cortana

6 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
I believe Cortana than most naija pastors

8 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by kombats: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ok ooo bet9ja, nairabet, surebet..... Here i come ooo i must eat una big dis time cos d one wey una don collect from me pass d one wey i win, but cortana or watever microsoft call u if i win i go stop to dey buy pirated microsoft software but if i lose hmmm hmmm

13 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by wellmax(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good news

13 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Spencer63(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
chai. ...
I wan cry!!
Argentina must win
I hope its fake

9 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by ednut1(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
story. Netherlands vs Argentina no be draw. cortona u will be wrong dis time. fifa will do all it takes for messi to win it and bcome d greatest ever player

3 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by saasala(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
in case you dont know about Cortana and how it was built, read everything about it here: www..com/all-you-need-to-know-about-microsoft-cortana-predicting-football-matches

8 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
na spain he go predict b4........nxt topic plzzzzz
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Olumidzti(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
Germany will win the world cup on sunday no matter what cortana thinks... Argentina has not been convincing in this tournament. I predict 3-0

6 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by angela98(f): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
Soothsayer in disguise of cortana.. Carry on. cool

1 Like

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Gooci(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
kitana has spoken

1 Like

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by flowjoe: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Germany deserves it their squad is too complete grin ..Argentina aint got the force to play. The German machines **may the odds be in their favour
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Superstar007(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Okay! Leggo!!
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by yim(f): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
AMEN, started believing afta Holland 's loss. But haba! Why Brazil?
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by bayusman: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
But cortana previously predict Germany will not make it to the final that they have a mediocre chances. Cortana must be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Olumidzti(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
IjogzK: I believe Cortana than most naija pastors
what's the difference? You can still be hypnotized & deceived...

4 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by OgologoDimkpa: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
okay o.
Who be this Cortana sef.
Shey na winch undecided

1 Like

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by tempem: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
Cortana made my day.
Waoh!!! I love this.
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Davijunson: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Germany it is den......it'll be Unjust to football if Argentina wins. They've been poor ryt from Round 16 and dey avnt shown us why dey deserve to win d world Cup.

2 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
please let it be the same commentator who officiated during the Brazil Germany match.

7 Likes

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Ayorh4you(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good news. now i can enter bet house cheesy
Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by condralbede(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
My Granny predicts that Germany will win too.Next

1 Like

Re: Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
You mean Netherlands are walking away empty handed shocked.. Stupid_ Software.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Helicopter Crash: Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, His Daughter, 2 Pilots Were On Board / Sports Journalist Felix Okugbe Is Dead - Naij.com / Pictures Of Emmanuel Adebayor's Mansion House, Cars And Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.