Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (33539 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by mascot87(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi: Right now,i do all house chores without help from anybody,and i'm working. I find it difficult to beg too. If i ask u nicely for something and u refuse.i might ask u a second time if i really love u. But there will never be a third time.
I'll simply do the best i can to tidy up and do other chores. The one wey i no fit do,i leave am jejely. If it becomes too much for me to handle,i'll consider a male house help. Female help is out of bound in my home...lol!

What if ur husband says he does not want a male house help too,what do u do
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
A husband's role is for PROCREATION only.
The rest, I can do FOR/BY MYSELF! cool

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!
Then your husband must be wicked, you'll break down sooner than expected. Aint you for pro creation too?
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Ninapha(f): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
A husband's role is for PROCREATION only.
The rest, I can do FOR/BY MYSELF! cool

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

No be small 'hiahnne.

Me i dont like chores-loving hubby oo. He can wash his cloths dats aright but as in cleaning d house or running around in the kitchen, i no fancy am.

I love to wow him wit my cooking and loves to see him smile when he sees his scatter-scatter has been arranged. But i love the treat dat follows shaa. Even if i ask dat time, i shl recieve double.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by moderatorr: 6:36am On Jul 11, 2014
If she can't keep my house heavenly clean and still cook a very nice dish on top of it while i watch TV, then she should leave and let a woman who can do it take her place.

I need to eat and leave the plates there, remove my shoe in the palour then go to my room on barefoot cheesy
Play with my kids and scatter everywhere!
Only to wake up the next morning and see everywhere clean again. If she can't do it, she should leave.
Do you know what we men face everyday? And you expect us to comeback to the house and start helping you with chores again, why did i marry you in the first place? If na s*x, ashawo full every where nah.

While we were young, you were using all your money for samsung galaxy S39 and brazillian hair, blackberry nails, long eye lashes and dating multiple older men. while we were reading motivational books, investing in series and series of failed business just to get the experience, being an apprentice for years with all the insults involved just to make it, boycotting parties and shows to save time and money, learning painful computer language after language, learning to pastor a church, lead a team, work all night, solicit for funds, perfecting our use of spoken and written english etc
Now when we finally make it and marry you, you want us to come and help you with house chores, if i suuulaaaaaaaaaaaaap you!

This is how many marriages fail
Option 1
Woman == Lazy with house chores
Man doesn't care
Woman invites househelp
Man gets househelp pregnant! cheesy

Option 2
Woman == lazy to cook
Man == eats at the cafeteria everyday after work
Man impregnates cafeteria woman's daughter!

Option 3
Woman == lazy to fork
Man == realizes his secretary is actually s*xy
Man impregnates secretary!

11 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2014
claireshan: Lol its still the same thing, No difference
Naaaa, its not the same
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

Name one chore wey pass chore!
Only a matter of choice.
Abi man dey carry belle? wink

Make man push pickin from im blokos na abi? grin
House big pass house

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2014
Women Sha
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2014
VenusBetty: Then your husband must be wicked, you'll break down sooner than expected. Aint you for pro creation too?

He must be wicked?

Really!?
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2014
VenusBetty: House big pass house

tell them oooo.... if you grow for typical African (Nigeria precisely) home settings...where family join the league of couple and run things as if it be their yard...you go know so teeeee oooooooo..... that house chores fit quench life if not checked.........grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by fijiano202(m): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi: Right now,i do all house chores without help from anybody,and i'm working. I find it difficult to beg too. If i ask u nicely for something and u refuse.i might ask u a second time if i really love u. But there will never be a third time.
I'll simply do the best i can to tidy up and do other chores. The one wey i no fit do,i leave am jejely. If it becomes too much for me to handle,i'll consider a male house help. Female help is out of bound in my home...lol!
whats wrong with female househelp if u marry a Godfearing man you have nothing to be scared off..thats why i usually tell my married friends to always package themselves always even at home especially when their husband is at home...all u have to do is to discover new things abt urself and always bring something new to ur relationship

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by nonjebose(m): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Most men are willing to help if asked nicely,or the man actually sees that the woman need help with the chores. The problem atimes is that the woman is either unruly or confrontational when asking for help. At other times, the woman does expect the man to do equal amount of domestic work with her. This could be from laziness or sheer bossy nature of some ladies. Most men resort to staying aloof or uncooperative in such instances. Hardworking ladies,occasionally do get unhelpful spouses.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by moderatorr: 6:56am On Jul 11, 2014
fijiano202: whats wrong with female househelp if u marry a Godfearing man you have nothing to be scared off..thats why i usually tell my married friends to always package themselves always even at home especially when their husband is out home...all u have to do is to discover new things abt urself and always bring something new to ur relationship
Dont tempt the Devil Me Lady.
A man may be able to dinstinguish between his wife and his house help but not that thing inbetween his legs.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Tallesty1(m): 7:01am On Jul 11, 2014
He married you to help take care of his house when he is out working his guts out so stop complaining. Why are women so lazy these day. What's the big deal in taking care of a home. He is very nice to you then what more do you want? He pays the bills, gives you money, and is trustworthy. Complimets your efforts and takes good care of you. Don't make a big deal about it. That TV time maybe the only time he is got to rest. I'm not against those men who like to help, I personaly do it but some women don't allow it. The only you can do for them is wash your clothes, especially Jeans. A man is gotta be a man so free him.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by shitshappen(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Serve him a bottle of his favorite drink while he is watching his tv,go back and finish YOUR chores. Men die early before their spouse why do you want to shorten my life span the more with your God given house chores.

That virtues woman in proverbs 31, have you ever wonder what the husband was doing all these while when she was cooking, cleaning etc?He was sleeping sweetheart or maybe sipping his vine drink under the fig tree.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by ednut1(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2014
some they did happily during courtship. get housemaid na
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 7:04am On Jul 11, 2014
fijiano202: whats wrong with female househelp if u marry a Godfearing man you have nothing to be scared off..thats why i usually tell my married friends to always package themselves always even at home especially when their husband is out home...all u have to do is to discover new things abt urself and always bring something new to ur relationship
Fijiano my bros,prevention is better than cure. My bro,i've seen and heard. I've got married aunties,friends and family members. When it comes to men and libido,i cannot bet my life on it. E better make d man sef dey mess up outside,than get tempted with house help.
I lived for a few yrs with a family that i love to pieces. I got close to the ''help''. This girl decided to leave one day,but refused to disclose reasons. I begged her to the point of tears cos i really liked her. When she disclosed her reasons,i felt weak! Oga has been up to no good.
Even someone i trusted with my life disappointed me. Yet u want me to get female help? God forbid. I'd rather slave it through!

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by fijiano202(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Fijiano my bros,prevention is better than cure. My bro,i've seen and heard. I've got married aunties,friends and family members. When it comes to men and libido,i cannot bet my life on it. E better make d man sef dey mess up outside,than get tempted with house help.
I lived for a few yrs with a family that i love to pieces. I got close to the ''help''. This girl decided to leave one day,but refused to disclose reasons. I begged her to the point of tears cos i really liked her. When she disclosed her reasons,i felt weak! Oga has been up to no good.
Even someone i trusted with my life disappointed me. Yet u want me to get female help? God forbid. I'd rather slave it through!
i concord..Life is a lesson we live thru experience though
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:

na wa life shaaaaaa------with different phase...... grin shocked grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 7:16am On Jul 11, 2014
mascot87:

What if ur husband says he does not want a male house help too,what do u do
Then he should be ready to make his input. I'm not the type to talk too much or nag about home matters. I have a job and career. I believe in contributing towards family finances. If he thinks being a provider is an excuse to be lazy,then i'm allowed to be partially lazy.
I'm not gonna ever ask my hubby to cook or scrub the toilet. Infact,i find it difficult to be impressed by another person's meals. All i'll ask for his help in some heavy duty back-breaking work. If possible,he can help wash some clothes in the washer and iron,weed,arrange the sitting room,garage,store,wash the cars....i can handle the kitchen,room,toilet and bath,cook,market stuff...blablabla. Just an example. Is it too much to ask?
No reasonable and loving man will see his wife down on her knees,slaving away,and still sit his azz on the couch!

11 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Ninapha:

No be small 'hiahnne.

Me i dont like chores-loving hubby oo. He can wash his cloths dats aright but as in cleaning d house or running around in the kitchen, i no fancy am.

I love to wow him wit my cooking and loves to see him smile when he sees his scatter-scatter has been arranged. But i love the treat dat follows shaa. Even if i ask dat time, i shl recieve double.
I couldn't help but comment,very cool comment
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 7:19am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Then he should be ready to make his input. I'm not the type to talk too much or nag about home matters. I have a job and career. I believe in contributing towards family finances. If he thinks being a provider is an excuse to be lazy,then i'm allowed to be partially lazy.
I'm not gonna ever ask my hubby to cook or scrub the toilet. Infact,i find it difficult to be impressed by another person's meals. All i'll ask for his help in some heavy duty back-breaking work. If possible,he can help wash some clothes in the washer and iron,weed,arrange the sitting room,garage,store,wash the cars....i can handle the kitchen,room,toilet and bath,cook,market stuff...blablabla. Just an example. Is it too much to ask?
No reasonable and loving man will see his wife down on her knees,slaving away,and still sit his azz on the couch!

fact ni o..... all boils down to the level of understanding of both parties....i guess........ shocked shocked shocked

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Herrmes: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2014
Either you go to Hell or you hassle him to buy you a dishwasher and a vacuum cleaner
I'm just saying
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by dokson(m): 7:26am On Jul 11, 2014
The man can help out in domestic chores provided it is not a command or authoritatively frm d wife.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 7:26am On Jul 11, 2014
oskaaay:

na wa life shaaaaaa------with different phase...... grin shocked grin
Lol. No be small tin.

fijiano202: i concord..Life is a lesson we live thru experience though
Bro,it hasn't been a very good experience ooo. That stuff affected me for yrs. Even now,i find it difficult to trust. As if e never do,the person i respected the most on this earth failed me too,on top the same matter. But the consolation be say good men are out there. I've met a few.

dokson: The man can help out in domestic chores provided it is not a command or authoritatively frm d wife.
True! Polite approach is the best.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by cdamsel(f): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2014
teeo:

So you're saying its the man that creates all the mess in the home. As for me I would try to assist But she should know it's her duty to do the chores.
So also it's your duty to make money undecided
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2014
dokson: The man can help out in domestic chores provided it is not a command or authoritatively frm d wife.

simple but meaninful comment to those that will learn ni sha oooooooo grin shocked grin
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by lilmax(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2014
moderatorr: If she can't keep my house heavenly clean and still cook a very nice dish on top of it while i watch TV, then she should leave and let a woman who can do it take her place.

I need to eat and leave the plates there, remove my shoe in the palour then go to my room on barefoot cheesy
Only to wake up the next morning and see everywhere clean again. If she can't do it, she should leave.
Do you know what we men face everyday? And you expect us to comeback to the house and start helping you with chores again, why did i marry you in the first place? If na s*x, ashawo full every where nah.

While we were young, you were using all your money for samsung galaxy S39 and brazillian hair, blackberry nails, long eye lashes and dating multiple older men. while we were reading motivational books, investing in series and series of failed business just to get the experience, being an apprentice for years with all the insults involved just to make it, boycotting parties and shows to save time and money, learning painful computer language after language, learning to pastor a church, lead a team, work all night, solicit for funds, perfecting our use of spoken and written english etc
Now when we finally make it and marry you, you want us to come and help you with house chores, if i suuulaaaaaaaaaaaaap you!

Option 1
Man doesn't care
Woman invites househelp

Option 2
Woman == lazy to cook

Option 3
Woman == lazy to fork
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by HopeAtHand: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2014
Women should stop whinning and LIVE WITH IT.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by ireneidiva(f): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2014
moderatorr: If she can't keep my house heavenly clean and still cook a very nice dish on top of it while i watch TV, then she should leave and let a woman who can do it take her place.

Option 1
Man doesn't care
Woman invites househelp

Option 2
Woman == lazy to cook

Option 3
Woman == lazy to fork
Crap. And what makes you think women don't work and come home in the evening tired too. Who told you women do not read motivational books, invest or know computer languages? You want to come back from work and scatter your clothes. Anyway I pity your wife. What kind of women even marry these Nairaland men Anyway, you are still a kid. You really can't be mature with this mentality.

12 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:

grin grin grin
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by fijiano202(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Lol. No be small tin.
Bro,it hasn't been a very good experience ooo. That stuff affected me for yrs. Even now,i find it difficult to trust. As if e never do,the person i respected the most on this earth failed me too,on top the same matter. But the consolation be say good men are out there. I've met a few.
sorry though but now u are alot wiser..nobody can point a dog to u as lion..we mature with experience....funny thing is with all this BS happening, people still wonder why women/housewives do plastic surgerys
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 7:33am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Lol. No be small tin.

It is hard to trust especially when disappointed ones or couple of times......please take heart and believe that life goes on....it is well....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals / Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.