Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,283 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (33556 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Elythron16zero4: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
claireshan: story ,,that's only when you are a lazy azz

let's assume the husband lives in another state entirely so she will wait for him to come back abii?
hardworking babe, hope say ubi find babe because many find babe no de fit work for house. my friend say na ugly babes they fit work well because wetin remain to make am find nahim bi the hellele work them they do for house grin grin.i no talk say him they correct ooo! but na your kind woman i de find to marry eh but i no see. wey bi say i go cross my leg they read papers/ watch movies/read books and she go they work like jaki de go. abegi if you never marry u fit PM ME OJARE but the whala bi say whetha this things wey u talk u go fit to do am trutru. some of una go talk like angelii olorun but when una come enter house una go become lion i dey talk 4m experience
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Godmystrength: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
walearoy:

Will you marry me?
marry her? i don dey pity you already o.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by walad4yhu(m): 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
oskaaay:

Well to get better help and avoid distraction to the ongoing discussion....... I don waka create a post to solicit for help on your behalf for health section....If bad-bele people no make moderators them delete the thread ooo...you will surely get ideas usable in less than 24 hours...I trust Nairalanders..... check it out now at https://www.nairaland.com/1808036/nairalander-needs-suggest-caption-phrase grin grin shocked shocked grin grin

Thanks Boss...Very greatful...
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Amhappy(f): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Na before before i dey worry if hubby no help me do chores. Now i jeje do the ones i fit do and leave the rest. Work no dey finish.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by okotv(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
dimples2: I will marry a man like my father! I remember my mum and him shared d housechores

He wasn't sloppy, very organised man!!
On saturdays he works like mad at home together with mum and u see them doing competition on first to finish smiley

He did d cars, his clothes,mopped d floors
Mum did d kitchen,bathroom,dusting,our clothes!!!

That was how it went till we grew up and took over, he works and mum worked too even when she became a housewife he still helps out on saturdays!!

I think the way some of us will run our homes will be a reflection of the homes we come from.
...fact...

i grew up in a home of 5 boys and a LADY and so am used to house chores...i even became better at it when i was addmitted to a military secondary school...chores are very easy for me to do and would gladly help but when she is tired....no work no matter how important it is and same goes for me...slaving a wife is very inconsidrate and as for watching tv..well i was brought up in a no tv house and would not be a slave to it...never

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
No Woman who is married to a Man who comfortably provides for both the needs and wants of his family would ask him to help out with the house chores.

Its the increase in half-men that has led women to also share their responsibility in the house with their husbands.

Them never born that woman wey go tell me to do house chores. angry #HerFather! angry
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by kibo: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia:
Yes! kiss

Too sad then.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Godmystrength: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
Blockus: No Woman who is married to a Man who comfortably provides for both the needs and wants of his family would ask him to help out with the house chores.

Its the increase in half-men that has led women to also share their responsibility in the house with their husbands.

Them never born that woman wey go tell me to do house chores. angry #HerFather! angry
why that? that's not nice. her father is also your father o.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by dopedealer(m): 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ngokafor:

...Your wife will be a lucky woman indeed!..
..by the way, i loveee how you like to work not even like,my belle is doing tininitana!..hehe..

U need some fresh fruits smiley
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by meyri: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
I simply ask him to help, if he doesn't I just take my sweet time and complete at times carrying over for the next day. At times he finds that it taking me too long he'll do it himself or help me do it.. I try to minimize my chores by cleaning and washing as I cook, so when I'm done cooking I have no dirty pots or utensils. We eat from the same dishes so there's few to wash.It just us two and we both work, so chores I'd the least of our concern.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ngokafor:

...Your wife will be a lucky woman indeed!..
..by the way, i loveee how you like to work not even like,my belle is doing tininitana!..hehe..

cheesy

@dopedealer,

In the words of Phyno fyno, o'bago.. grin
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Dnt blame him. Many men are like him. There are many men who will marry smply because they are tired of bachelorhood. They say they are tired of cooking and cleaning all by themselves therefore they need a wife. Even an uncle of mine remarried when he lost his wife in death simply because he needed someone to cook and clean for him as his daughters are all married. you could see with the way he relates with her that Love is not the motivating reason for the marriage.

If a man has that kind of mentality while single, will you blame his wife for complainng that he doesnt help out in the home? Many men see that word 'Wife' to be 'Glorified cook and cleaner'. Housemaid even. Its left for ladies to ask men who are interested in them on why they want to get married. Their answers usually reveal their intentions. No man who will take his wife as his partner and best friend would reason like this.
Have u seen any lady that married because the man said or showed he has household qualities? No be money first? No dey follow their yearn here....backbreaking job ko ....early grave ni. Na men good to die.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
egopersonified:

my point is, the fact that u ve never done something in the past does not mean u cant learn now. At least when, a man becomes a father for the first time, he has to learn how to nurture,teach and play with his child, so he shd be able to make sacrifices for his wife. We all make efforts to succeed in our career and r/ships with family, friends, neighbours and children, strive to own properties, be hygienic, run successful businesses,etc. But when it comes to marriage, we expect that the other person shd bring more to the table. Go figure.
U never paid a rent...did u contribute to build where u call home now? U dey pay rent?
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Happywoman(f): 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
It's our house right?
If it becomes unbearable dirty the shame will be on us . So I do the lil I can and he too does the lil he can .
Once again, it's our house ! And we will manage it anyhow it is. If I/he work (s) myself/himself to exhaustion and starts derelicting other CORE duties nko?
Abeg just do ur best and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Number one I do not believe in "house helps". "House helps" in other words skivvies or slaves do not come from Mars they are somebody else's children and cannot be justified unless you are some kind of VIP with an extraordinary lifestyle. Otherwise everyone from the age of 5 or 6 years should be involved. It is important for children to see their fathers do housework and infact to learn from them; that is one of the best way to learn about your kids' attitudes,strengths and weakness and for adults who drive everywhere a good way to keep fit and avoid diseases,trust me! Having said all of this it remains the wife's responsibility and so she s responsible for convincing her husband of all of the above sweeping a house of 4 rooms and some ironing every weekend as well as washing 2 cars every weekend will do wonders for your health and stress levels. We tend to sit down too much once we start to "make it " and that is why too many die "young". Nothing like a bout of housework on Saturday to get you in the mood for some Jagolova with a very enthusiastic wife cool afterwards. Above all your home is your shrine and as the chief priest you must clean it regularly PERSONALLY. Unfortunately many d not grasp this very basic fact
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Bigsteveg(m): 12:37am On Jul 12, 2014
GlorifiedTunde: *Please Don't Quote If You Can't Understand *

House chore is nobody's sole duty! It baffles me when a guy thinks its the woman's duty to do chores. Who laundered your clothes, did your dishes, swept your room, etc before you got married? angry

You come marry finish, carry your leg for chair like say na househelp you marry. shioo!

Any man who thinks in such way is still living in the STONE AGE!

Now me clamour for our wives to also work and bring in some income, she goes to work and comes back tired and you expect her to do all that herculean chores and also make love to u? HAAA! YOU MUST BE A WICKED MAN!

Even if you can't cook, you should be good at doing dishes, washing her clothes and pressing them.

Ladies better know the Kain man dem go marry, and don't spoil him immediately after wedding. Make him assist before babies start rolling in so that he gets used to it.

After now, some OLD SCHOOL PUNKS be like "I can't wash my wife's undies"

SHIOOOO!!! angry angry angry

I was feeling u until u mentioned doing the dishes...nonononononononono NO
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Bigsteveg(m): 12:40am On Jul 12, 2014
Blockus:

I like the style wey you use dey find fhuck online. grin

May God bless your hussle.

Mr. Ladies man. grin

U know i almost agree with him until he started mentiong doing the dishes, wife undies.....either he's joking or he's being eyeing a girl.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Bigsteveg(m): 12:40am On Jul 12, 2014
dimples2: I will marry a man like my father! I remember my mum and him shared d housechores

On saturdays he works like mad at home together with mum and u see them doing competition on first to finish smiley

That was how it went till we grew up and took over, he works and mum worked too even when she became a housewife he still helps out on saturdays!!

I think the way some of us will run our homes will be a reflection of the homes we come from.

So wot happens when d man is not like ur father...u keep divorcing?
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by kilokeys(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2014
simple logic.
he foots all the bills... u do it
he splits bills with u ... both y'all do it

common sense

while men see washing cooking and cleaning as demeaning..
he could help with other things DIY stuff Like fix broken things, keep the kids busy , monitor homework, or wash d cars.

whatever he does... give him food when he is hungry.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by egopersonified(f): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2014
If only we could switch roles for a day, these marriage issues would all die natural deaths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by amivel(f): 10:15am On Jul 12, 2014
HmMm thank God for this thread is not easy to do house chores alone especially if your kids are still young except you are the dirty type that don't care how your home look like is too much
Cos like ne I wash bathrooms and toilet twice a week the kitchen us there to take care at the end of the day no time for yourself God will help us women are really trying.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by mcstan18(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2014
coachwilcox: I subscribe to men doing chores at home. Its the TYPE of chores I am very much choosy.

If my wife is secularly employed a lot of electronic devices (washing machine, dishwasher, microwave for my already prepared and refridgerated meals) can help to make her job easier a lot.

The way the house is set up can also make the job easier. Tiled floors, leather seats etc

As I said earlier, I define chores into manly chores and feminine chores. Cooking, doing dishes, cleaning the house, laundry etc are women chores or at least they should see to it that it is done. Handling the generator, shutting the gate at night, nailing broken panels, taking out the thrash, cutting trees and gardening, fixing and washing the vehicle(s), fixing electronics and co are manly tasks. So just as I wont want my wife to go fixing the coil or panel in the generator or changing my vehicle oil, she should damn not expect me to start sweeping the house.

Many of our african girls are deluded by the western media which has brainwashed them into thinking they can live like westerners. Thus, after seeking an independent feminist life, they want a life like that. When they get married they want their men to act the way they see in soaps, sex nd d city etc. Strangely enough many western woman are not even like that but our gullible african girls swallow hook line and sinker what they hear and watch. My brothers wife is a german in berlin and she does household chores like a wizard while me and my bro drink beer/watch bundesliga.

From a biblical point of view a woman should have deep respect for her man. Would you be having respect for your man by asking him to go prepare breakfast in bed for you?? Some stupid western fantasy Is it respect to sit while your man is sweeping the living room?? Strangely most of the stupid girls commenting here will go to their brothers house and if they see him scrubbing the toilet while his new wife is watching desperate housewives they will go ballistic hissing around the whole place and giving her hell.

What? cool You're my personality of the year for this contribution. I never wished to comment but your submission broke down my resolve.

A very plausible opinion from EVERY point of view (male or female chauvinist, religious, etc). Kudos again brother.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by oskaaay(m): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2014
oskaaay: It’s Saturday and despite a BUSY week, you’re up early again. You drag yourself out of bed and start facing chores. You make breakfast, your darling husband eats, leaves his dishes on the table and moves to the Living room to enjoy T.V (despite the fact that the living room needs some cleaning up). Your kids are very young and can’t help much with chores. You’re exhausted and tensed, yet all the clutter stares you in the face. But what riles you the most? Of course! It’s the sight of your sweetheart concentrated on the TV, totally unconcerned about your running here and there!

MARRIAGE TIPS NOBODY TELLS US…

Unfortunately, the scene described above is quite common in these parts. What to do? Consider these tips:

What-to-do-when-husband-won't-help-around-house-mamagidi

TALK to him about it. Try to communicate your feelings without sounding confrontational.
THE few occasions on which he offers to help, accept it (even if you don’t really need his help at the time).
WHEN he helps out, give him a treat. It doesn’t have to involve spending money. Just make sure it communicates your thoughtfulness and appreciation. Knowledge of your husband’s turn-ons should come in handy here.
4 IMPORTANT REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD GET HELP

ACCEPT the fact that he may NEVER be as concerned as you are about housekeeping.
DON’T be a boss-lady. It’s a complete turn-off for most men!
IF he doesn’t do something to your satisfaction, don’t adjust it immediately in his presence. You know how you used to feel back then when mum came into the kitchen and threw all the dishes you just washed back in the sink.
YOUR TEENAGER AND CHORES

KNOW when to ask for help. You definitely don’t want to ask him to help with the trash can while he’s boiling- or worse, hungry!
FINALLY, and very importantly, if you know where patience is sold, don’t hesitate to use up your bank accounts on it. BUY IN BULK!
Hope you find these tips helpful. If you know of any other tips that can get our husbands off their seats and helping around the house, please feel free to share!
http://www.mamagidi.com/husband-wont-help-house-chores/

In case you missed out the story line that begot the over 182 comments. That is it in quote above....so, what your view? grin grin shocked grin

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
egopersonified: If only we could switch roles for a day, these marriage issues would all die natural deaths.
OK...start.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

So wot happens when d man is not like ur father...u keep divorcing?

Where there is a "will" there is a way
By Gods grace I will wink
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Kanwulia: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2014
walearoy:

Will you marry me?

Yes. Please, how shall we proceed?
Just give me the venue and I will show up! kiss

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by walearoy(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Kanwulia:

Yes. Please, how shall we proceed?
Just give me the venue and I will show up! kiss

Yipee *dancing skelewu*
I'll see my pastor ASAP and get back to you!
*still dancing skelewu*
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by thelish(f): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
Kanwulia:
Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
A husband's role is for PROCREATION only.
The rest, I can do FOR/BY MYSELF! cool

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

I dey miss ur post on nairaland oo. where have u been?
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Vikelo1212: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2016
oskaaay:

DIY method could be too stressful especially when the children are till young to help......I think grin shocked grin

I agree with you. You practically made sense in ur comment. As if you've been there. It's not easy especially when the woman works too or not an ordinary house wife!

Don't mind some" nobody's "comments, seems they are young boys that have no experience and just want to comment to pass time.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Vikelo1212: 9:36am On Aug 02, 2016
Kanwulia:

Name one chore wey pass chore!
Only a matter of choice.
Abi man dey carry belle? wink

Make man push pickin from im blokos na abi? grin

Your comment shows your status. Besides, you are either not a woman or just an inexperienced young lad who does not appreciate the potential s of women.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Vikelo1212: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2016

You sound married

Mr Nobody, if you are not married, you shouldn't comment on this type of topic. Because following ur comments, they sound hating and irrelevant. Or do you think everyone here is joking?

I guess someone brought up this topic for people to help advice, so if u do not have something good to put in, try and refrain...

This forum is educative and I gain from the info I get here. Pls don't discourage some.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Ugosample(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
I will marry a man like my father! I remember my mum and him shared d housechores

And this last point of yours is a very valid point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help As My Sister-in-law Is On The Verge Of Cheating On My Brother. / A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her / John Femi Isaac: Missing 21-Year-Old Ogun State University Student (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.