Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. (16268 Views)

Going Bankrupt Because You Are Building Your Home? / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures / Genuine Advice Available If You Are Building A House In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:04am On Jul 23, 2014
Block levelling on the lintels.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
From the front

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
Inside the rooms.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2014
Terrace area

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Arrangements for the start of the parapet fascia of this house is concluded. We start by tomorrow.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2014
Around the back of this house. ....

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2014
More

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2014
We have been removing the decking wood, smooth.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Jul 25, 2014
Hanging an arc on the staircase window.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by dazzlingd(m): 9:29am On Jul 25, 2014
Nice one, very nice
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cutting the parapet fascia wood, somewhere at Naze, Imo state.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
The curves, all transported to site.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by cleric(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Great job man!

3 Likes

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
cleric: Great job man!

Thanks.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by lexie234(m): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
What a nice job done. Mr spyder, would lyk 2 know if the lintels doubled as roof beams?
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
lexie234: What a nice job done. Mr spyder, would lyk 2 know if the lintels doubled as roof beams?

We are still going to do the roof beams.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Roofing beams provisions, and parapet works.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
More

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hanging beam for roofing extension over balcony.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
The beam from the top.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
A view from the outside.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by plasgidy: 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
spyder880: I have ordered for more blocks, we continue tomorrow.

Spydoo this block is it engine mold or hand one?
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2014
plasgidy:

Spydoo this block is it engine mold or hand one?

It was hand mold, cost me N120 for one.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by obyno10ten: 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Throwing this question to experienced Engr in da house. I need help
I encountered bouncing while compacting a back filled partition of d strip foundation of a 2 storey building. I need practicable advice

Thanks
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by cleric(m): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
obyno10ten: Throwing this question to experienced Engr in da house. I need help
I encountered bouncing while compacting a back filled partition of d strip foundation of a 2 storey building. I need practicable advice
Thanks
The answer is dat there is likely debris or something other than soil on some portions of the land. What I will suggest are 2 methods:

1. Is for you to transfer the the back fill to somewhere else, then get an expert to get the soil profile in strategic points of the foundation. You need to do this before german flooring or else you stand the risk of the soil sinking as time goes by; and once this happens, the support provided to the german floor by the back-fill will no longer be dere hence your german floor may risk partial collapse/sinking .

2. Put extra reinforcement on the german floor (as though you are doing a decking) to ensure that it will hold even if the supporting backfill collapses.

Note, it is important you know the soil profile of the area around your ground beam so that you can take neccessary measures now. It is better you pay the price early than much later after the house tilts if it is not seating on a good profile. If you do discover that the profile around your beam is not good, then you may to make some amendments like running some piles at strategic positions.

Overall, I think we have good engineers on nairaland that could help you access your position for a token. Talk to people like segcymoor, aventures, spyder,skimanski and thirdeye (depending on your location) so that one of them can pay your site a visit. I can vouch for those guys.

Please, please, please, do not be penny wise and pound foolish. Employ the services of a professional.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by obyno10ten: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
@cleric I appreciate ur advice. Tnx a lot
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by cleric(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
obyno10ten: @cleric I appreciate ur advice. I'll excavate that partition and fill with anoda earth material.
You are welcome. However, the engineers in the house may proffer better and less stressful solutions. Let's just wait for them before taking actions. wink
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by obyno10ten: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
cleric:
You are welcome. However, the engineers in the house may proffer better and less stressful solutions. Let's just wait for them before taking actions. wink

Yeah! more advice will help. We are 3 @ site bt one of us said its a normal thing bt I knw from road xtruction that it is a very bad feature. May b there is anoda simpler way to solve it in building construction and dats what am seeking
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by plasgidy: 12:59am On Jul 30, 2014
spyder880:

It was hand mold, cost me N120 for one.

Ok that's fine it looks very neat and solid, the price is not bad too, does the N120 cover the delivery too?
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Jul 30, 2014
plasgidy:

Ok that's fine it looks very neat and solid, the price is not bad too, does the N120 cover the delivery too?

Yes, block, loading, transport until they place it in my site.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by donbuchi1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
weldone Spyder880
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
donbuchi1: weldone Spyder880

Thank you Sir, updates from here soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let Your House Design Speak Who You Are,to Hav A Perfect Design Pls Read This / AVAILABLE PLOTS AT ALMOND GREEN ESTATE ABRAHAM ADESANYA AJAH. / Five Advantages Of Developing Your Own Property Over Buying Existing Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.