Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. (16258 Views)

Going Bankrupt Because You Are Building Your Home? / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures / Genuine Advice Available If You Are Building A House In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2014
The hanging beam. ......

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2014
More pictures from the house.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:39am On Jul 31, 2014
Far and near

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Even the staircase sides.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2014
The hanging beam, from below.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Outside view

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by ckenneths(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2014
Reinforcement fabrications, testing them for a fit.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
We have already completed the reinforcement of this parapet fascia.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
More

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
We are making plans to cast this one on Monday.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
And we have bought a trip of granite for this parapet,

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
Keep it going spyder.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by kostadinis: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: We are making plans to cast this one on Monday.
Beautiful shutterings, skillfully done
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2014
The weather has been our major issue here, it's still raining now and I have been waiting to cast this parapet fascia with concrete.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2014
Ready to start casting,

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Buying roofing wood at building materials market, Naze Owerri.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by mufutau55(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880: Buying roofing wood at building materials market, Naze Owerri.

By now, I am sure those dealers in those markets are worshipping you. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by Jamesqu(m): 1:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Roofing costs always seem to amaze me...the roof seems so innocent but by the time you get the bill to do it, you will nearly have heart attack.

It can sometimes be as expensive as 2x the suspended slab..if you add parapet.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:18am On Aug 06, 2014
mufutau55:

By now, I am sure those dealers in those markets are worshipping you. smiley

Hajji M.

No be small thing o, I have got friendly with many of them and they sometimes call me to offer me discounts even when I am not ready for purchase yet.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 4:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Jamesqu: Roofing costs always seem to amaze me...the roof seems so innocent but by the time you get the bill to do it, you will nearly have heart attack.

It can sometimes be as expensive as 2x the suspended slab..if you add parapet.

Roofing is not easy on costs, everything about the roof is expensive.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by NL1960: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2014
spyder880:

Roofing is not easy on costs, everything about the roof is expensive.

My people have a saying that 'a building is four (4) walls and a roof and that once you roof, you can start sleeping in it'. That is why you see farmers struggling to roof and once that is done, they will just use zinc to cover the window and door and they will move in. Na from roofing that finishing starts.

1 Like

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Casting the parapet fascia.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ensuring a solid cast.

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
What is the purpose of this "U" iron in the roofing process?

Any takers?

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by mufutau55(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
spyder880: What is the purpose of this "U" iron in the roofing process?
Any takers?

I will think that will be used to tie down the wood for roofing...

Hajji Mufutau

3 Likes

Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by Jamesqu(m): 12:54am On Aug 07, 2014
mufutau55:
I will think that will used to tie down the wood to be used for roofing...
Hajji Mufutau

Is like you want to collect all the prizes on prize giving day...you have scored 4.9 in Segun's course, now you are targeting spyder too. very soon, you will get 5.0 CGPA in Bosun's course too. Hajj Mufutau...don't collect all the prizes o...nobody will play with you again fa! grin
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by mufutau55(m): 3:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Jamesqu:
Is like you want to collect all the prizes on prize giving day...you have scored 4.9 in Segun's course, now you are targeting spyder too. very soon, you will get 5.0 CGPA in Bosun's course too. Hajj Mufutau...don't collect all the prizes o...nobody will play with you again fa! grin

You know what, Oga mi. We go share the all the prizes. Fair enough?
But I have been studying very hard oh! smiley

Hajji M.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 7:13am On Aug 07, 2014
mufutau55:

You know what, Oga mi. We go share the all the prizes. Fair enough?
But I have been studying very hard oh! smiley

Hajji M.

Oga Hajji, you too much Sir.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2014
Sorry, I came to class late! But permit me to ask some questions.

Please sir;
1) What is the width of your wall excavations ie in the foundation?

2) What is the dimension (ie length x width) of your column(pillar) base in the foundation excavation?

3) Please dont be offended sir, what is the dimension of the basket in your reinforced column base?

Thanks for answering!
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by spyder880(m): 10:10am On Aug 07, 2014
ColinAdua: Sorry, I came to class late! But permit me to ask some questions.

Please sir;
1) What is the width of your wall excavations ie in the foundation?

2) What is the dimension (ie length x width) of your column(pillar) base in the foundation excavation?

3) Please dont be offended sir, what is the dimension of the basket in your reinforced column base?

Thanks for answering!

1. 1 meter
2. 1.2 meters
3. 1 meter across.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 07, 2014
spyder880:

1. 1 meter
2. 1.2 meters
3. 1 meter across.

Thank you so much for replying.

I miss the days, way back in 2011, when you were building you 6 bedroom home, Am alone was there it was fantastic and expository.

Weldone! sha.
Re: We Are Building Another Duplex In Owerri. by moski5(m): 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
spyder880:

1. 1 meter
2. 1.2 meters
3. 1 meter across.

sm1 sent a bbc a property fore sale R/C instead of cofo
Wats R/C

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Need an Architect for your building designs, Renovations, Interiors / AVAILABLE PLOTS AT ALMOND GREEN ESTATE ABRAHAM ADESANYA AJAH. / Looking For Quality and Affordable Roof Tile in Nigeria (Stone Coated Roof Tile)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.