Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. (32232 Views)

Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Nma Strike: The Patients's Perspective / JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by azimibraun: 8:29am On Jul 12, 2014
Doctors are afraid of change. If I was a doctor I wld be afraid too. So I understand.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by pluto3(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2014
This is not abt writing articles... this your article is as foolish as i tink u r.... CMD has been existing ever since and now u want to change it to ur own benefit... johesu is just a coward entity.... since u said u r d same as a doctor... den go ahead n do wat dey need to do since dey r on strike... when nurses n johesu went on strike... d younger doctors were doing d work of nurses n even running lab tests... am not trying to say doctors dont need johesu..but rather hospital is known for doctors, nurses n others...even though d nurses hav decided to join johesu... so i tink d strike shud continue... until EVERY thing get back on track...simple...

2 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by infolekan(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2014
azimibraun: Can the physician alone do the job? That is just one person's opinion. Its jst semantic. Ppl's relationship smtime if cordial makes them overlook policies. To (aid) a physician is strictly does not translate to bin a servant of the physician. The work is cut out for both parties by the laws governing the hospital and practice. Let the chief pharnacist head the pharmacy dept, let the chief Nursing officer head the Nursing dept, let a chief or Senior doctor head the doctors as an adminitrator or any of the chiefs frm the various depts can head the hospital. It mst not be the Doctors only.

That's what's obtainable. The Pharmacists head the Pharmacy dept....the Nurses the Nursing dept.
You should have known these before posting comments here. Doubt you even know what the whole fight is all about.

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by FDenigma: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by apacheguy: 8:36am On Jul 12, 2014
A CLEARER ILLUSTRATION....

your hypothesis is correct but a point is missing, THE DOCTORS ARE ON STAGE 1( DENIAL)....till every1 meet at the acceptance stage, i wldn't knw how we go thru it, my plea to u is help us facilitate the doctor transition thru to the acceptance stage so we can have a quick solution to the crisis...thanks as u oblige

dexterinc2003: Once again....i would like 2 remix a previous post.. wink

Kubbler Ross stages of grief........

1.DENIAL
2.ANGER
3.BARGAINING
4.DEPRESSION
5.ACCEPTANCE

The FG is on stage 3(BARGAINING)...while JOHESU is on stage 4(DEPRESSION)....the unfortunate general populace is on stage 2(ANGER).
The strike will be called off when everyone meets at stage 5(ACCEPTANCE).
Tilll then,keep dropping your comments while avoiding the needful.
Im waiting for the slow olodo still on stage 1(DENIAL)to come and quote me.

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Morotov1(m): 8:39am On Jul 12, 2014
infolekan:
And you seem to think the major problem with that isn't our health facilities? We just don't have the equipments. Name any sector in Nigeria where we have any facility in the top 100 anything in the world.
Read about malpractice in the US or UK with their advanced machines and you'll realise half of what it takes to make a diagnosis.
For me.....Nurses and Pharmacists are professionals in their field,we just need a proper job description.
Facilities and equipments are part of the problem but the major problem is .....we have only 270,000 doctors serving 170,000,000 people. So its time for alternatives, let's look for what works for other countries and institute here to get our health indices high again.
Clip the wings of our health professionals by
Getting lawyers involve to sue their assess off for any gross malpractices and negligence to make them buckle up or even revoke their license.
Get the economic analyst in to establish laws of demand and supply; professionals on high demands to earn more, those working in hard to reach area to earn more....etc.
Get health administrators to manage the health facilities and the personnels working there.
@ Job description, it seems from the post of these professionals especially on nairaland , doctors proudly find it legal to encroach on others profession when the laws states otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by FDenigma: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2014
infolekan:

That's what's obtainable. The Pharmacists head the Pharmacy dept....the Nurses the Nursing dept.
You should have known these before posting comments here. Doubt you even know what the whole fight is all about.

1. A doctor cannot own a pharmacy without a pharmacist to run it
2. A hospital (private or public) is doctor-centred anywhere in the world. Even when it is run by a hospital administrator, medical staff run semi-autonomously under a medical director (doctor).
3. Why are JOHESU not fighting to run private hospitals as CMDs too?
4. Those patients who jump the queue in teaching hospitals and demand to be seen specially by the medical consultant(and not a "junior" doctor) are usually hospital staff ( JOHESU members) or their relatives
5. Let me assure you that during this strike, JOHESU members are not treating their ill comrades. Rather they are looking for medical consultants at home and in private clinics to attend to them!

4 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2014
aaidel: all these people are not being sincere, i have experienced several family members being hospitalized and have seen the ugly side of all these so called professionals is it the nurses that will not empty urine bags, or that will sit for hours waiting for a dr to come put in an iv line, or is it the dr's that are so arrogant that they don't take the time to explain anything concisely or even berate you for not having money for some expensive therapies. As long as all of the health workers don't realize that they are in a customer service industry and act accordingly the nigerian medical system is in and will remain in trouble.
God bless you for this post. Healthcare is this country is so not customer friendly. Doctors bossing nurses and patients around. Nurses talking very rudely to patients. The whole system is a mess

2 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by donodion(m): 8:43am On Jul 12, 2014
uyplus:

Please tell me Pharmacist don't know anything too. That we Just dispense the drugs according to da docs prescription plan.. Loool.. glad Pharmacy has got a faculty of it's own and not under the Medical sciences.

My friend did his internship at LUTH and der was this incidence he gisted me about. A prescription came in for him to attend. It was written by a 'consultant' and when he was done screening the prescription, he noticed grave therapeutics errors. He then sent a stapled note back to the doc to review the prescription..and ds doc who claims to be all knowing sent the patient back and told him that if the pharmacist refuses to dispense the drugs, he should tell him. My friend just did the simplest thing. Went up to the consultant office, the consultant was so arrogant because he had Hs fellow consultants all sitted there. He just told the consultant, pleases counter sign this prescription and I will dispense it as soon as I leave your office. Guess what, the consultant never did and evn askd him what was wrong and he should suggest what changes needs to be made.

Now that is the attitude of an average doc. Do they evn know drugs? How many docs can convert international units to million units? And dey wear ward coat parading everywhere. Soon they will say only docs shd wear ward coats in the hospital. Who are they to say no other profession shd be called consultants and 'dr'. Bunch of eediots!!

damn...you laid out soooooo good
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Morotov1(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2014
pluto3: This is not abt writing articles... this your article is as foolish as i tink u r.... CMD has been existing ever since and now u want to change it to ur own benefit... johesu is just a coward entity.... since u said u r d same as a doctor... den go ahead n do wat dey need to do since dey r on strike... when nurses n johesu went on strike... d younger doctors were doing d work of nurses n even running lab tests... am not trying to say doctors dont need johesu..but rather hospital is known for doctors, nurses n others...even though d nurses hav decided to join johesu... so i tink d strike shud continue... until EVERY thing get back on track...simple...
CMD has not been existing ever since please.
@ Infolekan, see the lack of job description you are talking about. Proudly encroaching into a job made for professionals no matter how justified it is can get you sued in a sane climes.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by FDenigma: 8:49am On Jul 12, 2014
Morotov1: Facilities and equipments are part of the problem but the major problem is .....we have only 270,000 doctors serving 170,000,000 people. So its time for alternatives, let's look for what works for other countries and institute here to get our health indices high again.
Clip the wings of our health professionals by
Getting lawyers involve to sue their assess off for any gross malpractices and negligence to make them buckle up or even revoke their license.
Get the economic analyst in to establish laws of demand and supply; professionals on high demands to earn more, those working in hard to reach area to earn more....etc.
Get health administrators to manage the health facilities and the personnels working there.
@ Job description, it seems from the post of these professionals especially on nairaland , doctors proudly find it legal to encroach on others profession when the laws states otherwise.

Encroach on other professionals? You've got it backwards. The doctor allowed these paramedics to encroach into his profession because of the need for better patient care. I understand that the stature of the doctor inspires jealousy especially in our unenlightened population. Put your emotions aside and reason from a rational point of view. Use this current strike to assess the effectiveness of these health professionals when a doctor isn't supervising.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by BukolaZ: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2014
When I was young, I decided to go to medical school, at the entrance exam, we were asked to rearrange the alphabets
P N E I S
and form the name of an important body part which is most useful when erect.
Those that answered SPINE are doctors today, those that answered P E N I S are in JOHESU
It's that simple.

9 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: all I see from this article is a pained NURSE who probably is trying to show us that he has better prowess in vocabulary than SENATOR PATRICK OBAHIAGBON

you are trying to address an issue by writing an article to both medics and non medics and all you do is to use medical jargons in all your statement so that readers of your article would see that you are equal or even better than a doctor.

since you claim that you got better grades than the student doctors in your time...why don't you just dress up and walk to the nearest hospital and start attending to patients since DOCTOR ARE DISPENSABLE and probably you have gone to more conferences than them

I am not against your views but I can see that your anger is not directed to the issue at hand but to some personal ego based grudges you have against doctors if not you would not have written the trash i just quoted

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

non medics dont understand that most nurses are simply angry that a newly graduated doctor can just ORDER them around even though they might have stayed in the hospital before the young man/ woman entered medical school

to be sincere in this war of power neither the DOCTORS' view nor the NURSES VIEW matters , what matters is the PATIENTS WELLBEING

i have gone to some hospitals where they claim that NURSES are now attending to patients, i stepped in without even being on doctors regalia all the patients ran away from the nurses so that they can get better care from a doctor

it is not about grammer or the amount of medical jargons you can speak, no matter your intelligence, your degree, qualification, money, where you read a NURSE CAN NEVER EVER USURP THE ROLE OF A DOCTOR WHO KNOWS HIS JOB WELL

so mr professor in nursing and midwivery, when you have developed extra balls enter the hospitals and take over the role of a doctor just for one day I believe you will understand that you would just be a QUALIFIED SERIAL KILLER

thanks and God bless you

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD HELP THE PATIENTS

Shame. Big shame. Go back and read ths write up again and again. The part you quoted was penned down specifically because Anifowosire or whatever his name is had used the same analogy by trying to make superior the verb to "doctor". This write up simply also made superior the verb to "nurse".
The writer also never talked about usurping the roles of Doctors. Note, the writer saying that each of these professionals are necessary. This senseless strike isn't about who diagnoses a patient or who performs surgery (whether the nurse or the doctor)! No! We know the Vital roles of the doctors and the vital roles of the nurses too. I as a person will never let a nurse diagnose me on any medical condition. The write up simply says that even the pharmacists who dispense medication are important.Each health professional plays a role in the value chain.
It is cheaply about who leads the HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. In my opinion any smart healthcare professional should.

It will really take forever for this country to Develop.

5 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Mbediogu(m): 8:59am On Jul 12, 2014
Mid- 'husband' claiming to have beat doctors in post graduate exams. Wonders shall never end. With this kind of shouldering and claims that they have in their private hospitals equipment that government hospitals lack, thier motive is obvious. The ball is now in doctors' court.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by dabayomi(m): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: all I see from this article is a pained NURSE who probably is trying to show us that he has better prowess in vocabulary than SENATOR PATRICK OBAHIAGBON

you are trying to address an issue by writing an article to both medics and non medics and all you do is to use medical jargons in all your statement so that readers of your article would see that you are equal or even better than a doctor.

It's not about equality , but knowing your job description and accepting that we've got good nurse's and good doctor's, we equally av bad nurse's and bad doctor's .. if u av insight , u should understand that 'a pineapple and an apple' are both Good fruits, they taste good, but one is not better than the other. I rest my case

since you claim that you got better grades than the student doctors in your time...why don't you just dress up and walk to the nearest hospital and start attending to patients since DOCTOR ARE DISPENSABLE and probably you have gone to more conferences than them

I am not against your views but I can see that your anger is not directed to the issue at hand but to some personal ego based grudges you have against doctors if not you would not have written the trash i just quoted

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

non medics dont understand that most nurses are simply angry that a newly graduated doctor can just ORDER them around even though they might have stayed in the hospital before the young man/ woman entered medical school

to be sincere in this war of power neither the DOCTORS' view nor the NURSES VIEW matters , what matters is the PATIENTS WELLBEING

i have gone to some hospitals where they claim that NURSES are now attending to patients, i stepped in without even being on doctors regalia all the patients ran away from the nurses so that they can get better care from a doctor

it is not about grammer or the amount of medical jargons you can speak, no matter your intelligence, your degree, qualification, money, where you read a NURSE CAN NEVER EVER USURP THE ROLE OF A DOCTOR WHO KNOWS HIS JOB WELL

so mr professor in nursing and midwivery, when you have developed extra balls enter the hospitals and take over the role of a doctor just for one day I believe you will understand that you would just be a QUALIFIED SERIAL KILLER

thanks and God bless you

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD HELP THE PATIENTS
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Morotov1(m): 9:02am On Jul 12, 2014
FDenigma:

Encroach on other professionals? You've got it backwards. The doctor allowed these paramedics to encroach into his profession because of the need for better patient care. I understand that the stature of the doctor inspires jealousy especially in our unenlightened population. Put your emotions aside and reason from a rational point of view. Use this current strike to assess the effectiveness of these health professionals when a doctor isn't supervising.
Careful perusal of the posts here on these very thread and you will see for yourself how admittedly a doctor acknowledged doing the works of others.
Meanwhile, we don't have paramedics in Nigeria except you are using it as a derogatory term for other health professionals. Paramedics are trained emergency medical personnel so i haven't seen nurses, pharmacist, physiotherapist, med lab scientists being that.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by VirginFinder: 9:07am On Jul 12, 2014
Waspy: Your ignorance will be cleared when you are enlightened.... the author of the article is a male with a friable stature

The bolded is what angers me!

How can an able-bodied man be proud to be a nurse/midwife?

Why should a man go into a female profession - so pink collar in nature?

Can you imagine a male doctor and male nurse working together?
Looks absurd!

Honestly, if I were a doctor, I can't and will never work with a male nurse.
It makes me look gay!!

Sincerely, who would you be proud of the most, your nurse son or doctor daughter?

Women are by nature programmed to see men as the head/leader/boss.

Hence, female nurses/midwives are more often than not contented with their status in the hospital.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Smooyis(m): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2014
Good write up. Nonetheless i think there is need for collaboration among all the health workers. The doctors must show enough humility and understanding to realize that they cannot do it alone. It is a team work. And everyone is very important in that team. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by FDenigma: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2014
Paramedics in the American sense is what you have defined. A medic is a doctor. All other allied health workers are referred to as paramedical staff. Derogatory? Would you prefer I said "non-MD/MBBS doctors"?

PS: if doctors in Govt hospitals restrict themselves to "only our work", God knows how many more patients would die from unchanged infusions, missing records, unsent lab samples and delayed results? When ds strike is over, please spend a day with a doctor in any teaching hospital.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by MegMich(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2014
elohorayodele: My friend has had pain on his left shoulder for 2weeks, Reddington diagnosed HBP, Cedarcrest said its a muscle tear, both gave him several injections, drugs n lotions to use in massaging it but the pain only grew worse. He found an indian doctor by chance who diagnosed acute Ca deficiency , gave him some drugs. Indian dr was so furious the last Nigerian doctor injected him at the back muscles that he insisted he calls him to ask why! The Naija dr could not defend himself when confronted. My friend after some hours used that arm to lift stuff for the first time in two weeks. Beware of Naija doctors and misdiagnosis.

Hehehehehehe!!!! Need not tell you many Nigerians are dead owing to receiving or rather misdiagnosis from foreign doctors.
My point?... Mistakes abound!
JOHESU!!! Bring back our doctors!
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by dumodust(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2014
elohorayodele: My friend has had pain on his left shoulder for 2weeks, Reddington diagnosed HBP, Cedarcrest said its a muscle tear, both gave him several injections, drugs n lotions to use in massaging it but the pain only grew worse. He found an indian doctor by chance who diagnosed acute Ca deficiency , gave him some drugs. Indian dr was so furious the last Nigerian doctor injected him at the back muscles that he insisted he calls him to ask why! The Naija dr could not defend himself when confronted. My friend after some hours used that arm to lift stuff for the first time in two weeks. Beware of Naija doctors and misdiagnosis.
indians and their gboju gboju medicine... acute calcium deficiency occurring over 2 weeks? shocked and instead of causing tetany (generalized muscle spams) it is causing isolated shoulder pain? shocked
what happened to xrays, mri and other basic tests? So now they detect calcium deficiency by just looking at people? See babalawoo! Thats the way they play to the gallery, ship u guys off to india and milk u dry
no nigerian doctor will answer an indian doc unlicensed in nigeria... orthopaedics is a complicated field, are u sure the injections he gave didnt work.your friend has just bin conned with analgesics ie painkillers angry

5 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by sisiafrika(f): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2014
otokx: The thing about discussing with people of low mentality is that they reduce you to their low level and then go further to finish you.

Look at the write up and the premise and logic build. So incoherent, hear the writer say he took classes with biochemistry and physiology students. Those are not medicine students, he did a debate with medicine students on international and national issues and he won. They did not debate on health issues. He wrote an exam based on past mcq of medicine. Chai - this must be an expose in low self esteem aka inferiority complex.

A nurse will always be a nurse and that is to care for the patient and aid the doctor. Be happy and content with what you do. This being content and proud of what you do is a problem in Nigeria.
stop hindering the growth of others. Simple, straight nd short. No one is 'un-proud' of his profession, but tyranny would be not be tolerated henceforth!

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Morotov1(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2014
VirginFinder:

The bolded is what angers me!

How can an able-bodied man be proud to be a nurse/midwife?

Why should a man go into a female profession - so pink collar in nature?

Can you imagine a male doctor and male nurse working together?
Looks absurd!

Honestly, if I were a doctor, I can't and will never work with a male nurse.
It makes me look gay!!

Sincerely, who would you be proud of the most, your nurse son or doctor daughter?

Women are by nature programmed to see men as the head/leader/boss.

Hence, female nurses/midwives are more often than not contented with their status in the hospital.
Same also applies to female doctors.
Makes them look like lesbians.
What the hell are you smoking?

4 Likes

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by VirginFinder: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2014
sisiafrika: . You are simply a looser, and to think you are schooled? I'm avoiding d word educated cos obviously you are an uneducated literate. In this time and age? You have this wrapped mentality? You mind, psyche and soul need redemption. No offense

Look, a male nurse doesn't deserve to have a pEnIs!

How can you be enjoying the company of females in a 4-yr nursing course when your counterparts are burning the midnight candle studying a 6-yr medicine and surgery course?

After all said and done, they want to enjoy the benefits that comes with being a medical doctor.

They even want to be referred to as doctors! Damn!!

Males nurses are simply suffering from inferiority complex.

It's like comparing a soldier man to an officer.

No matter how many years of experience a nurse has amassed, a doctor fresh from medical school is her boss.

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by sainty2k3(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2014
Morotov1: Facilities and equipments are part of the problem but the major problem is .....we have only 270,000 doctors serving 170,000,000 people.

Nigeria has less than 70,000 doctors and that include those that are outside the country and even d dead.
Wen u talk of job description , I 'm sure u are only being received by Johessuite here, doctors don't encroach on anyone's job, u can goggle job prescription for each profession and see. What we rather have in our hospitals this days is that some people now considered their duty lowly which is not e.g in most hospitals,nurses no longer join the round,and leave u alone to find out all that has been wrong with the patient(this is ethically wrong for them). I bet it that people don't even know their job description, they just accept job offer.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Emulti(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=aaidel]a simple solution to all this is that we force all health workers to obtain the same degree MBBS let all of them be dr's so there will be no more conflict[/quote

No allow d gods(medical doctors) catch u o.

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by tohpahz(f): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2014
non medics dont understand that most nurses are simply
angry that a newly graduated doctor can just ORDER
them around even though they might have stayed in the
hospital before the young man/ woman entered medical
school

Doctors don't order nurses around... not in this century.. i know my work.,he knows his... it's all for the benefit of the patients.. please choose ur words carefully..

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by octatowa(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2014
ignis: Are medical practitioners supposed to even embark on strike?
I thought the major driving force to the profession is passion to save lives.
HOW MUCH PASSION EQUATES TO A DOLLAR IN NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE. THE WAY PPLE RESORT TO D WORD PASSION WHEN IT COMES TO DOCTORS, EHN, U WILL THINK ITS ANOTHER LEGAL TENDER!!!

1 Like

Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by Reference(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2014
azimibraun: I don't expect a Doctor or any relative of a Doctor to agree with this article but the truth is that the time has come. The doctors are finaly going to lose respect in the eyes of the population. They have beed suspect all the while but this would represent their fall to grass from grace. From my conversation with folks on the development in the health sector and frm what I saw on Channels TV sunrisedaily yesterday, Doctors are going to lose a whole lot of respect by the time this is over no matter how relevant they are. Nigerians are now seeing them as selfish ambitious ppl more than the Nobles they ouught to be.

This is the bottom line. But perhaps its worth it. I for one just cannot understand.
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by omotfavy(f): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2014
heykims: With all due respect,a medical doctor's line of duty can never be threatened by a nurse, what do nurses know?
A nurse is only there to carry out d plans documented by d doctor, their job is just to execute d doctors' order, so i don't see any threat to d line of profession of a magistrate who sentences by d prison officials who carries out d order.
As such, d little clinical experience re only derived when carrying out d docs' plan of management, so they then get to learn different lines of management of various health conditions from d docs' documentation, they av no formal training.
Nursing students ain't taught ow to examine patients nd neither do they acquire skills of diagnosing in school (who will even teach them when even d qualified nurses don't know it coz it isn't required to discharge their duties), so i then begin to wonder if it is even appropriate for nurses to establish coz they don't av d formal training to manage patients..
In fact it is funny nd i see it abnormal also coz once a nurse graduates from school wt a degree (Bnsc or so), she doesnt require any further education to get promotion to d highest nursing rank, she/he just sits carrying out docs' plan nd promotion keeps coming wt years spent. This is absurd..
:mmmmmm,even a chew(community health extension workee)is taught ow to examine patient not to talk of Nurses.I went for my child's immunization some weeks back and I was happy with wat I saw.a CHEW was actually clarking a patient and she did it perfectly.So wat are u saying?.Some pple just talk for talking sake widout reflecting on d msg dey are passing across.Nxt tym,think well before u post things here cos not all of us are nonentitie .
Re: Nma Strike, The Nurses' Perspective. by omotfavy(f): 9:30am On Jul 12, 2014
heykims: With all due respect,a medical doctor's line of duty can never be threatened by a nurse, what do nurses know?
A nurse is only there to carry out d plans documented by d doctor, their job is just to execute d doctors' order, so i don't see any threat to d line of profession of a magistrate who sentences by d prison officials who carries out d order.
As such, d little clinical experience re only derived when carrying out d docs' plan of management, so they then get to learn different lines of management of various health conditions from d docs' documentation, they av no formal training.
Nursing students ain't taught ow to examine patients nd neither do they acquire skills of diagnosing in school (who will even teach them when even d qualified nurses don't know it coz it isn't required to discharge their duties), so i then begin to wonder if it is even appropriate for nurses to establish coz they don't av d formal training to manage patients..
In fact it is funny nd i see it abnormal also coz once a nurse graduates from school wt a degree (Bnsc or so), she doesnt require any further education to get promotion to d highest nursing rank, she/he just sits carrying out docs' plan nd promotion keeps coming wt years spent. This is absurd..
:mmmmmm,even a chew(community health extension workee)is taught ow to examine patient not to talk of Nurses.I went for my child's immunization some weeks back and I was happy with wat I saw.a CHEW was actually clarking a patient and she did it perfectly,she prescibed drug wich was dispensed by d pharmacy technician in dsame health centre.So wat are u saying?.Some pple just talk for talking sake widout reflecting on d msg dey are passing across.Nxt tym,think well before u post things here cos not all of us are foolish and stupid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

FG Declares 90 Travellers From India, Brazil, Turkey Wanted / World AIDS Day: African Countries With The Highest Number Of HIV/AIDS Patients / Children Suffering From Meningitis Lying On The Floor In Zamfara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.