Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60960 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
I just the look una

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by oparahchi(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
I am not making a threat. I would only advice you and the other NLr to be careful what you say. You can't speak wrongly about GOD'S servant, and survive for too long...
frosbel:

ssshhh, take your empty threats elsewhere.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by phenor(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Matthew 23:23New Living Translation (NLT)

23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,[a] but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Jesus never said we should not tithe, he encouraged tithing. So don't be deceived by Fake pastors claiming they are professors and pastors a church without name in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Funkybabee:

ha ha ha ha ha ha u this people diaris God ooo' even if u dont wish to pay ur tithe that not supposed u to accused a man of God dont u fear God okay oo, but what i wil say is that it is God wish to pay 1tenth of ur income. givers never lack .
Lol. Funkybabee l know it's God's wish for us to pay 1tenth of our income. As for me, I would rather give the 1tenth to the needy, less priviledged or the orphanages than give it to a pastor who knows nothing more than acquiring private jets when there are members in his church that cannot afford to eat a 3 square meal in a day. I hope you feel my pain?

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Please o, if you were paying tithes before you may stop. But for me, hell no!

Only penniless people find it hard to pay tithe. Person wey get money pay no complain. How e take dey pain you?

Is Oyedepo the only MOG who's Church pays tithe? Leave my father abeg!

And get a life!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Superstar007(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hollamie007:

wen he told peter to fetch coin from the mouth of the fish what did he use it for.

He paid his tax.
Is tax the same thing as tithe?
I'm expecting your reply

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
oparahchi: I am not making a threat. I would only advice you and the other NLr to be careful what you say. You can't speak wrongly about GOD'S servant, and survive for too long...
Don't be stupid. I sent an e-mail to bishop Oyedepo himself. If he is a wizard he can't do anything to us ok? I don't fear him at all.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ron5ke: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
date1816: 9:30 The Jews say, “Ezra is the son of Allah “; and the Christians say, “The Messiah is the son of Allah .” That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
9:31 They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.
9:32 They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.
9:33 It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
9:34 O you who have believed, indeed many of the Pastors and the Bishops devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah . And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah – give them tidings of a painful punishment.
9:35 The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], “This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard.”
Abegi...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Lol. Funkybabee l know it's God's wish for us to pay 1tenth of our income. As for me, I would rather give the 1tenth to the needy, less priviledged or the orphanages than give it to a pastor who knows nothing more than acquiring private jets when there are members in his church that cannot afford to eat a 3 square meal in a day. I hope you feel my pain?

Malachi 3: 10... Says " to my storehouse" not the needy. The Bible has a separate place for taking care of the needy and your parents. Don't mix things up.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Don't be stupid. I sent an e-mail to bishop Oyedepo himself. If he is a wizard he can't do anything to us ok? I don't fear him at all.

Hahahaha cheesy

You make me laugh! He doesn't react to the public shout at all. And he definitely doesn't have what it takes to harm you.

But on the other end is you and the God who sent him facing each other. I hope you can fight God undecided

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ron5ke: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Lol. Funkybabee l know it's God's wish for us to pay 1tenth of our income. As for me, I would rather give the 1tenth to the needy, less priviledged or the orphanages than give it to a pastor who knows nothing more than acquiring private jets when there are members in his church that cannot afford to eat a 3 square meal in a day. I hope you feel my pain?
Sowie o buh shey u want him to drive katakata ni??...n aw r u sure na d tithes gangan hin dey use??
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Malachi 3: 10... Says " to my storehouse" not the needy. The Bible has a separate place for taking care of the needy and your parents. Don't mix things up.

that was never money what should come to the storehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the penecostal pastors love this malachi to enrich themself and their familiys!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Superstar007(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
handsomeness: I cannot cajole anyone here into paying his or her tithe; no matter the logical explanation I proffer here, you can still decide not to agree. But there's a law I know works for sure: If you don't GIVE, you won't and CAN'T succeed. God blesses people to be a "CHANNEL" of blessing and not a "CONTAINER". When you are the latter, you naturally won't succeed or progress in life. Bill Gates is a dangerously committed giver, that's why he can never be poor again. REMEMBER: When you're a CHANNEL, you naturally succeed. Pay your tithe and escape financial hardship.

I didn't see the part where you stated that Bill Gates paid tithes to a Pastor.

Would you say Mark Zuckerberg(an atheist) is experiencing financial hardship because he doesn't pay tithes to a pastor?

Its one thing to help the needy and another thing entirely to pay 10% of your salary to a pastor because you want to be rich(i.e escape from financial hardship).

Q.E.D

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jaytee01(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: you heard, how dumb.
is it true or not? Let's have the true position.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Hahahaha cheesy

You make me laugh! He doesn't react to the public shout at all. And he definitely doesn't have what it takes to harm you.

But on the other end is you and the God who sent him facing each other. I hope you can fight God undecided
keep laughing at ur folly. Funny enough my mail was replied and he acknowledged that he is also human and bound to make mistakes like every other person. Mr defender, Defender of the universe

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
oparahchi: I am not making a threat. I would only advice you and the other NLr to be careful what you say. You can't speak wrongly about GOD'S servant, and survive for too long...

what qualifies him to be a servant of God above others ?

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
ron5ke:
Sowie o buh shey u want him to drive katakata ni??...n aw r u sure na d tithes gangan hin dey use??
Lol. Anyway that's his problem o!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Hahahaha cheesy

keep laughing at ur folly. Funny enough my mail was replied and he acknowledged that he is also human and bound to make mistakes like every other person. Mr defender, Defender of the universe
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by hensben(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
who is a rich man? a man that can feed, cloth and have shelter is refer to as rich man in God's sight but living an extravagant life like owning jets,owing schools that an ordinary man's kids cant attend, having personal account all over the world both fixed and saving account, c'mon thats not of God. Love of money and possession thats what we have now.

Luke 12:15, "Beware. Don't be always wishing for what you don't have. Real life and real living are not related to how rich you are." Luke 12:22, "Don't worry about what you eat or what you wear, for life consists of far more than food and clothes." Matthew 19:24, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven."

For me as a Christian and as a lover of God, there is no other Christianity, there is no other message but the message of salvation, all other things are just by products Mat 6:33.

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by MightySparrow: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
Letter killeth, it is the Spirit that giveth live.

I sign up with the Bishop that his ministry has transformed many lives that a critic that is unknown in the street next to him.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by gbengasamuel(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
well those who have been paying their tithe has never regret doing so.is profitable,is an instructions from the Bible obey it or......

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Irritant: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: #Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.The richest men in the world today are not christians and they dont pay tithe.

U bam.....very Bam reasoning!!!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by SimplySEA(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
dejilg: u just made a fundamental error, the Christianity in the Bible of the Apostles and even Jesus, doesn't have a "tithe" doctrine to begin with. Give is give, not even necessarily to pastors, u cud even buy wat d church needs, or help poor people, witout ever giving money(cash, cheques etc) out.
Don't say what u don't know....... No doctrine of tithe yes but Christ is a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek Heb 7:1-10. pls read this. This is what the man of God doesn't know about. When was tithing first mention in the bible....? Who gave the first tithe and to whom was it given to...?

I'm not a serious church goer , cos of my work, but from his 1st and second paragraph, I saw the limitations to his msg. I also saw his interpretation of mal 3: 10-16, and it's glaring that he was so in haste to cast shadows on Oyedepoo that he hurriedly attributed the msg to the levites, when of course God's msg was for the descendants of Jacob evident if u start reading verse. (mal 3 : 6). My advice is be careful how u digest what u read . Not all doctors are doctors. Even some cleaners of hospitals are called doctors in their localities jus cos they have some paracetamol available. There are men of God and there are "Men of God".

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

I do not pay tithe to any motherfuker and my life is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
I hate involving myself in Christian arguments to no avail
But there is no doubting that God requires us to give to support his work and the poor in our midst
Our Lord Jesus Christ who is the fulfillment of the law taught his disciples on every aspect of Christian living and not one lesson or parable on the tithe rather he talked about giving and being diligent in giving and the profits from giving
The New Testament is filled with verses on giving
Giving according to what you can afford
We are led by the Spirit of God not by levitical laws
If you can give up to a tenth of your income do so,if you can't,give what you can
His yoke is easy and burden light.
God is not cursing anyone with a curse,we are under grace and not under the laws for if u fail in one law the Bible says you have failed in them all.

Those who are led by the spirit of God are the sons of God and the Holy Spirit can lead you to give above and way beyond your tenth
He can ask you to give everything when he has increase on his mind
Every ministration of God has a blessing attached,believers should not put God in box
I have given an equivalent of half my income at his prompting and got a ten fold increase,this happened December last year.
I have also given by his leading and got a blessing worth $120,000
I have given $100 and got a blessing worth $25K
Many others examples

He says give and it shall be given unto you and I have proven that so I firmly believe in not coming to the house of God empty handed
He who tithes and he who gives and sows seeds the bottom line is that you are giving
You receive according to the measure you give,says the scripture

The most important of all is asking God to lead you in your giving so that you sow your seeds on a fertile soil
A fertile ground will always yield a harvest
The Bible says when you give to the poor and those worse off than you,you lend to God
make yourself available to do as the Spirit of God leads you
The Letter kills and the Spirit gives life

The revelation of sowing seeds and sometimes doing what looks silly can only be taught by God
No amount of legalism can teach it.
Let God show his way to his own
If you are willing God will teach you,everything belongs to him anyway,if he ministers to give it all,I will
I am believing God for a financial overflow beyond my wildest imagination,it is already assured in my Spirit
God already knows my heart and what I intend to do with it and I know He will grant it

This is where I am in tithing and giving and my heart doesn't condemn me and I have peace
If there is a better way,God will show it to me
I enjoin every Christian to ask God to teach them himself

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by biomedixexcel(m): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Can't read that long but the fact remains that I still pay my tithe and I am glorifying God for doing so, I am so so blessed......

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Freest:
Youngman... Be careful of your tongue. Whether they are thieves or not, you are not the judge of that... They are prophet's of God and be careful how you address them. Believe in the lord yee shall be established, believe in His prophet and you will prosper. Just be careful huh! Cos God is the righteous judge not you. Just saying, even our words are gonna be judged! Hian...

Chei,chei chei....see big mumu o!!

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: keep laughing at ur folly. Funny enough my mail was replied and he acknowledged that he is also human and bound to make mistakes like every other person. Mr defender, Defender of the universe

Wow shocked Interesting! Are you saying he admitted he made a mistake about tithing to you?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Freest(m): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Don't you read the scriptures? It says bring the tithes to my house, not ophanage home nor the poors home. You can pay it anywhere as far as the place is called God's house. Tithe isn't by force, its by choice. So no need for this many talks
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Freest(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
ifeness:

Chei,chei chei....see big mumu o!!

Do you go to church? If you do, do you pay tithe?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
victorazy:

Is not by force bro! Is just a command. If u love him who gave the command, u will surely do it cuz his sheep hear his voice.

At this age you still dey obey command?

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jamace(m): 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
biomedixexcel: Can't read that long but the fact remains that I still pay my tithe and I am glorifying God for doing so, I am so so blessed......
How did you get the GSM data plans that you sell at cheaper rates? Please, I need your answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.