Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60928 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2014
Greed Has Entered The Church Community in Nigeria. Many Ppl know d truth some are just brainwashed

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jamesbridget13(f): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2014
Me i pay my tithe n i don't see it as enriching anyone. I see it as a token thanking God 4 wat he has done. If d pastor decides 2 use my tithe 2 enrich himself instead of using it 4 d development of Gods house then, its him dat ll ans dat on dat day n not my business.

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Tinyemeka(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.
Prosper in what sense?

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 13, 2014
justi4jesu: Pay your tithe or leave it... undecided

And who are you to tell us that? Please do not give us ultimatums just because you are happy of being a sheep being led to a slaughter. Some of us want to do the word of God as it is suppose to be done. Not as we are told. If you cannot bring a fruitful argument against the writeup please hold your peace, we want to learn.

10 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2014
This Thread should be why Pastors are being paid Salary,

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2014
hayoakins: The walk with God is personal...paying of tithe is a free will and not by force

However, Luk 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
(KJV)

Does this refer to tithes? I thought it was in general. undecided

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2014
BluIvy:

And who are you to tell us that? Please do not give us ultimatums just because you are happy of being a sheep being led to a slaughter. Some of us want to do the word of God as it is suppose to be done. Not as we are told. If you cannot bring a fruitful argument against the writeup please hold your peace, we want to learn.
everyday I thank God for the bible, if not some of this preachers would av brainwashed our head finish... to does already brainwashed keep smiling

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Omexonomy: 9:53am On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.
then who are we to give to? Dangote, bill gate et al dont pay tithe, though they give according to what jesus said to niccodemus. Yet they they are richer than most tithe payers.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2014
Airforce1: but why oyedepo?? undecided

Good question because almost all pastors say the same.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2014
Hold
freshness2020: Walk not in ignorance my friends !
The spiritual supersedes the physical.
You don't read the bible like you read any other books!
What I know is that, know the truth and be set free!
What I found out about Africans is that, when it comes to Money and religion , that's is when our five senses pops out to counter!
SMH!!!

What exactly are you saying, please? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2014
BluIvy:

Good question because almost all pastors say the same.
am tackling all pastors that collect salary, They should show me evidences that Pastors should b collecting salary
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by date1816: 9:57am On Jul 13, 2014
9:30 The Jews say, “Ezra is the son of Allah “; and the Christians say, “The Messiah is the son of Allah .” That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
9:31 They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.
9:32 They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.
9:33 It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
9:34 O you who have believed, indeed many of the Pastors and the Bishops devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah . And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah – give them tidings of a painful punishment.
9:35 The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], “This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard.”

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by sunnyolads1(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2014
It is a choice,you either pay your tithe or not.Everybody will surely give account of his stewardship at the end of the day...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Omexonomy: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2014
hayoakins: The walk with God is personal...paying of tithe is a free will and not by force

However, Luk 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
(KJV)
inassmuch as i am not against tithe then who are we to give to? The already rich pastor or the poor brethren? Dangote, bill gate et al dont pay tithe, though they give according to what jesus said to niccodemus. Yet they they are richer than most tithe payers.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by synergycom19: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2014
jhydebaba: Jesus pay tithe If no, then why are we paying tithe Or are we no longer following the path of christ
When, where and how did Jesus christ pay tithe?

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by angela98(f): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
thank u my friend. Most times I question, with all their shows of enormous wealth, why couldn't they establish their school for the aim to support their members whom are struggling financially. This oyedepo (aka oyemoney) are ripping people off in the name of tithe with no empathy. Let it be known that God never created tithe nor any religion. They are all man made things. Since religion is created by man, this world lost its peace. So so wickedness in the world all in the name of religion. When I was growing up, I used to think that Jerusalem is heaven. Until I visited isreal in recent years. I was left disappointed with what I experienced. I believe in God. God has been so good to me. I do not need to be contributing the little money I have to a pastor. I can save up the money instead, to pay someone medical bill, feed someone, cloth someone, pay someone's school fees etc. Life shouldn't be a competition. Wisdom, humility, simplicity, contentment, honesty and empathy breeds lesser stress and longer life.

17 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
chamboy: Why are Pastors being paid Salaries, is it an Occupation.

How do you suggest they feed themselves and their families? I for one am not ignorant of other people's needs.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by cold(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
Fools and their money are soon parted

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
Suffice it to say is dat any form of Tithe collection by the church is a fraud, its nt a teaching of the new testament, if anyone disagrees, let them show it here...but I assure u, no Apostle nor even Jesus collected tithes from followers, but many so professed christians are so dumb that they dnt even know the truth,

The reason God instituted Tithes in the old testament was for the new born israelite state so that the temple can thrive, Christians are exhorted by Christ to give freely and abundantly and not to be first obligated to give. So its a shame that many christians don't give and many pastors have resorted to lies and fabrication to make money out of them.

If its truly tithe the likes of pastor oyedepo and d rests wants, den dey ought to make it compulsory that the members bring 10% of every thing they posses.

But I dnt see anyone reasoning well tho' wen it comes to their favourite fraudsters (pastors)...

I got a friend arguing that every Christian/believer has his or her own prophet and must seek the prophet, just anoda absurd arguement. It wud seem Jesus' statement of the believer asking and receiving hinges on prophet's instructions. And they foolishly point me to Bishop Oyedepo's book --- riding on prophetic wings...as if I hold him as authoritative over what the Bible has to say.

A true believer in Christ needs no prophet, as He or She is being led by "the HolySpirit". Jesus is not hidden from the believers. He is manifest and knows all things, ask Him cos he doesn't cast His own away.

13 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nnamdiugwu(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
Old testament can not be used to defend any church rite. In new testament, we are encourage to give compassionately and help those in need. Help out in maintaining the church. The money u bring could be any amount-10%, 50%, 80% according to d need or ur heart. Those who pay tithe are selfish and are more thinking they are investing their tithe money for God to give them more. They love money and that's why pastors unsurp them.

11 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by p2t2r(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2014
After reading all of this, no need to go church again nah....I don do service for NL

6 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by freshness2020: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2014
BluIvy: Hold

What exactly are you saying, please? undecided
The bible or the Koran is not read or understood with canal minds, like some of ♈όϋ re doing here!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by TopsyKrete: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Haaaaaaaa, the write up is to loooong faaa.....

I am only here to read comments

Like if you are with me

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by TopsyKrete: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2014
p2t2r: After reading all of this, no need to go church again nah....I don do service for NL

Emmmm;

Darsall
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by TopsyKrete: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2014
p2t2r: After reading all of this, no need to go church again nah....I don do service for NL

Bro, i luv u; NO HOMO!!!

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bitterpenis(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Djangocode: For y'all talking about summary, better skip to the next thread.. Personally, I wonder where tithe money goes.. Imagine I make a billion, my tithe is a hundred million.. Where does it go to?? Pay pastor's salaries? Build expensive church branches? Acquire more personal luxury? Build expensive universities where 80% of the members can't afford for the fees? Maybe someone should enlighten me..
I tire honestly, if churches were giving back to the society by providing free education from nursery, primary, secondary schools, if possible university as well, set up free job vocational centres, welfare homes..... they rake in millions if not billions from offerings and tithe payment monthly yet nothing to show for it except lavish personal lifestyles of church head pastors and senior pastors, private jets, exotic latest cars...I would understand the emphasis for tithe payments

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2014
date1816: 9:30 The Jews say, “Ezra is the son of Allah “; and the Christians say, “The Messiah is the son of Allah .” That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
9:31 They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.
9:32 They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.
9:33 It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
9:34 O you who have believed, indeed many of the Pastors and the Bishops devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah . And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah – give them tidings of a painful punishment.
9:35 The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], “This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard.”
who is dis fool hellbent on exposing allah as muhammed's ignorance? Wen did the jews ever called Ezra d Son of God? And wen have Christians ever instituted Mary as Lord and part of the Trinity? Here u show why u muslims hv to redefine d Christian faith to hide d ignorance of allah, wen did we associate anything or anyone with God (if allah is god at all)? Haven't Christians been proclaiming One God since inception? Who is dis foolish and idiotic allah? Dude go somewea else to display ignorance of allah! Ur foolish god can't even do mathematics (if u doubt check d inheritance law in the quran and do d maths urself)

8 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2014
nnamdiugwu: Old testament can not be used to defend any church rite. In new testament, we are encourage to give compassionately and help those in need. Help out in maintaining the church. The money u bring could be any amount-10%, 50%, 80% according to d need or ur heart. Those who pay tithe are selfish and are more thinking they are investing their tithe money for God to give them more. They love money and that's why pastors unsurp them.
The Pastors too in ur script are greedy
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Freshpage(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2014
jesus never paid tithes. It was introuced to enrich pastor especially Naija pastors
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2014
bitterpenis:
I tire honestly, if churches were giving back to the society by providing free education from nursery, primary, secondary schools, if possible university as well, set up free job vocational centres, welfare homes..... they rake in millions if not billions from offerings and tithe payment monthly yet nothing to show for it except lavish personal lifestyles of church head pastors and senior pastors, private jets, exotic latest cars...I would understand the emphasis for tithe payments
thanks bro
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Samscoz(m): 10:14am On Jul 13, 2014
paying of tithes or giving offerings is not by force.it is for your benefit. and why mentioning only Oyedepo? is he the only pastor collecting tithes?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nuelyoyo(m): 10:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Hhhhhmmmmnnnnn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.