Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60931 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Make una stop this nonsense I have a business to run.......my customers will come and read and they will not pay again. angry angry angry
I need my own private jet and bling bling chain.....
Ppppppouuuuurrraaaaaaaiiiissseee daaaaa loooooorrrrddddd!!!!!

Brethren this Sunday we shall have ministration from the book of malachi grin

10 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by deavicky(m): 9:17am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
complete the statement

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
You are right my dear! That man is the biggest thief in this country. Its so unfortunate that most of his followers are very foolish and naive that they cannot see that he is only using them to enrich himself. God will judge him!

4 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Youngzedd(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2014
I comment my reserve.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2014
I can only pity the masses giving their hard earned cash to these so called MOGs

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Freest(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2014
Youngman... Be careful of your tongue. Whether they are thieves or not, you are not the judge of that... They are prophet's of God and be careful how you address them. Believe in the lord yee shall be established, believe in His prophet and you will prosper. Just be careful huh! Cos God is the righteous judge not you. Just saying, even our words are gonna be judged! Hian...

17 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2014
Prof Amoda couldn't have said it better.

Truth is that any thorough study of the biblical tithe will always lead to the conclusion that the tithes being collected today is not biblical.

The church will teach that it is no longer under the Law but it resorts to the law to justify tithing. When that doesn't succeed they go to Abraham. But when they are shown that Abram tithed once, from war spoils, etc, they again return to Moses.

Truth is that the tithe that is collected today is fraud. It is the means of the clergy to defraud unsuspecting people.

The other truth about it is that tithing is a form if idol worship for people. People in a bid to secure earthly riches for themselves, resort to tithing as a means. This is not any different from the animist who gives sacrifices to his gods to curry favor from him. The NT Christian church never teaches this sort of thing. God calls us to serve him in truth and verity, regardless of results. He has also promised to bless us, not because we tithe.

The positive aspect of Prof Amoda article is that it is drawing more and more attention to this problem with tithing in churches. If tithes are stopped being paid in church, perhaps the true church will emerge and not these ones that are propelled more by Mammon spirit than God.

13 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2014
What I believe is to serve God the best way you think you can, after all, we all have conscience. Happy Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by sweetgala(m): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2014
Summarise what, if anyone has taken the time to click that would mean they are interested in the topic, which means they might be Christians who seat in church for several hours to hear a sermon.
If you can not take 5 minutes of your time to digest this content then I guess you are not for Christ.

When the time comes you can not claim you were not offered redemption but rather your denied yourself through laziness.

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by olaezebala: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2014
make I carry chair sidon...My church goers and tithers will soon be back...OP get ur amour ready as they will descend on u for naming Oyedepo.

We Christians today en, nawa for us o...
Abuse Jesus/God and we care less but abuse "our" pastors/G.O and ready for war.

10 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by arshavineering(m): 9:25am On Jul 13, 2014
you are in the city/town paying fat tithes to an already rich church that doesn't even know you exist, while your church in the village doesn't have even a roof over their head....daris God ooo!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nanizle(m): 9:25am On Jul 13, 2014
Nigerians! Open your eyes! Think for yourselfs! Reason!

Isn't it obvious that these pastors are a fraud?

haba.

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2014
Freest:
Youngman... Be careful of your tongue. Whether they are thieves or not, you are not the judge of that... They are prophet's of God and be careful how you address them. Believe in the lord yee shall be established, believe in His prophet and you will prosper. Just be careful huh! Cos God is the righteous judge not you. Just saying, even our words are gonna be judged! Hian...

Lmao @ prophet of god.

Same prophet that scam their followers only to end up buying jets and setting up an airline. That's not the way of god, it's called spiritual Advanced fee fraud !

7 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2014
PastorAji:

WALAHI I DEY CRAZE angry angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
my guy open your eyes. That man is a deceit! I was most disappointed in him when I watched the video of how he slapped that young innocent girl. Jesus Christ was never like dat. So where did he learn that one from? Do u remember the story of the man who was possessed with demons? Even when he was coming to hit Jesus Christ, All Jesus did was to deliver him but what did that young girl do to deserve the kind of slap she got from Oyedepo? Tomorrow he'll tell u dat he's a bishop. Bishop my foot!

7 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by stag: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2014
undecided

11 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2014
Why are Pastors being paid Salaries, is it an Occupation.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by popson1st: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Looks like terms and conditions of a product. Too much joor.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: #Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.
I concur...!

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by corruptboss(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Malachi 3v10 is self explanatory, and its also in d pages of the bible(I.e, its Gods word)... So u don't need oyedepo or any other pastor to preach b4 u pay ur tithe. Don't let devil deceive u

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Freest:
You are the dumbest man of the century! Open ur eyes and stop being naive

11 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Please I need someone to show me verses in the bible that agrees to Pastors should be paid salaries
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by tunshe: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Tithe is making the GOs and Pastors wealthier than Jesus 

Tithe is making the congregation poorer

Tithe is killing our labour force,our intelligent workforce abandon paid employment to establish church business

Tithe is polluting our streets,we now have 5 churches on a building and even shops are used for churches

Tithe is giving birth to funny church names like Give god and be blessed ministry

12 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Eyop: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2014

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

Good post from someone that is sensible.

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by hoasis: 9:33am On Jul 13, 2014
The Tithing Laws & New Covenant Giving
Fiction: "The tithe is the firstfruits, off the top before you do anything (including pay your bills)— the gross, not the net."

Fact: The Bible does not teach that the tithe is the firstfruits or that the firstfruits were the "first tenth" or one-tenth at all.

The Bible does not use the words "tithe" and "firstfruits" interchangeably or synonymously as if they have the same meaning. In fact, these two terms have two different meanings. The word "tithe" simply means the tenth part -- not the "FIRST" tenth part as some religious leaders falsely teach. The word "tithe" does not mean the "FIRST" of anything. It is a mathematical term which simply means the tenth part. The word "firstfruit" on the other hand DOES mean the "FIRST" part -- it is the FIRST agricultural portion of a harvest.

Scripture shows that the tithe and the firstfruits were two separate distinct ordinances (for example in Nehemiah 10:35-37 and 2 Chronicles 31:5). These two ordinances were carried out very differently. They were not one-in-the-same. The children of Israel understood that the tithe was different and distinct from the firstfruits. Yet many Christians are not aware of this and false shepherds take advantage of their ignorance.

Here are some differences between the tithe and the firstfruits:

-The tithe was one-tenth. Firstfruits were not one-tenth (they were a small amount of food that could fit in a handheld basket).

-The tithe was not the "FIRST" of anything. Firstfruits *were* the FIRST (they were a small portion of the FIRST of one's harvest).

-Tithers did not bring their tithe directly to the Old Covenant temple. Firstfruits *were* taken directly to the Old Covenant temple.

Things you ought to know about firstfruits:

-Firstfruits were always food, NEVER money or income.

-Firstfruits had to come from the holy land of Israel ONLY. Not pagan lands.

-Firstfruits had to be blessed by a Levitical priest on the altar in the Old Covenant temple. Yet there are no Levitical priests today, because Jesus did away with the Levitical priesthood and made the entire body of Christ a holy priesthood (1 Peter 2:5, 9). And the Old Covenant temple with its altar don't exist anymore. It was destroyed around 70 A.D. Religious leaders are not modern-day "Levitical priests," church-buildings are not the temple of God, and altars in church-buildings are not the modern-day equivalent of the altar in the Old Covenant temple.

-After the firstfruits were blessed on the altar in the Old Covenant temple, they were shared between the giver, the Levitical priests and strangers in Israel and eaten in celebration.

Are we commanded to give firstfruits offerings in the New Covenant?

No. It is impossible to keep the firstfruits ordinance today. The firstfruits ordinance required the Levitical priesthood, the Old Covenant temple, and food from the holy land of Israel. Both the Levitical priesthood and the Old Covenant temple have been done away with. Neither exists anymore. Today, we (the body of Christ) are the priesthood and God's temple. And most of us do not live in the holy land of Israel, so we are not able to give the first portion of a harvest from the holy land. Man-made monopoly money with pagan images on it does not qualify as a holy firstfruit.

Jesus nor the apostles spoke of money as a firstfruits offering. The apostles spoke of Jesus as the "firstfruits" of the resurrection, because He is the first person to be resurrected from the dead in glorified body never to die again (1 Corinthians 15:20-23).

The apostles also spoke of the first Christians as being the "firstfruits" of God, because they were among the first in their region to come to Christ and experience salvation (Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:15).

Revelations 14:4 says that the 144,000 Jews were purchased as "firstfruits" to God and to the Lamb.

Romans 8:23 says that all Christians have "the firstfruits of the Spirit", meaning that the Holy Spirit is the first blessing or benefit of our salvation. He gives us a foretaste of future glories to come -- namely the redemption of our mortal bodies.

So we see that in the New Covenant, Jesus is the firstfruit of the resurrection, all Christians are a kind of firstfruit or special offering to God, and we all have the "firstfruits of the Spirit." But there is no mention of money being a firstfruit offering.

The bottom line is that the firstfruits were the FIRST crops of a harvest in the holy land of Israel, not MONEY or income -- ever. The firstfruits were DISTINCT from the tithe -- there was no such thing as a "firstfruits tithe" in Scripture. Furthermore, both the tithe and the firstfruits offering came from the NET, not the GROSS. The teaching that "the tithe is the firstfruits, off the top before you do anything (including pay your bills)— the gross, not the net" is a FALSE unbiblical man-made teaching. Sounds like someone is pretty desperate for the hard-earned money of Christians.

The New Covenant teaches proportional giving from a cheerful heart, not tithing, not firstfruits offerings. Come out of the old and into the New.

Scripture references for firstfruits: Exodus 23:19; Exodus 34:26; Leviticus 23:17; Deuteronomy 18:1-5; Deuteronomy 26:1-11; Numbers 18:12-17.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Exit Churchianity,
The Tithing Laws & New Covenant Giving

17 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by victorazy(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2014

Is not by force bro! Is just a command. If u love him who gave the command, u will surely do it cuz his sheep hear his voice.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by timilehing(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2014
God's instruction is that we should pay 10% of income to His house................. What the pastors/bishops used it for it not your concern, its between them and God!!
In other words, if you believe a church or denomination is a House of God, pay your tithe their and if not, look elsewhere.

I na-aghota?

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2014
The Initiation behind tithe and offering is to Give to d poor, to help the needy, to show the love of Christianity just like it was done wen Jesus Shared Five loaves of bread n Five fishes to 5000 ppl.... why are church members still poor, where is the offering going

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by solomonbrown64: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2014
......If u want to pay ur tithes, then pay it......if u dont want to, den dont.......no one will forcefully take it from u.....i mean dos dat pays their tithes do it voluntarily......xo i dont understand y sum1 shuld be jealous of sum1else's ministry and using dis lame excuse of a write-up to pull down anoda man's image and prove his point........first it was Pastor Chris and all the talk of Masturbation, now it is Oyedepo....i m sure most of dos ranting here do not pay dia tithes,xo y d rants and insults?....,..funny busybodies....

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by DesChyko: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2014
Worship God in truth and in spirit.. Let the God in you direct your life and let the opinion of mere mortals slide

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by anonimi: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

Bill Gates is one of the richest people he doesn't go to church talk less of tithing. angry Yet he gives to lackers who wait on God to sort them out because they paid tithe as if their god na egunje master Naija olopa, policeman.

Abi Dangote sef dey lack ni as im nor dey pay tithe

7 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by eriegua83: 9:42am On Jul 13, 2014
So DANGOTE pays tithe to be this prosperous? The richest men on earth don't pay tithes they rather donate to charity hence their blessings and prosperity.
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.