Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,517 members, 7,958,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results (26311 Views)

Powering Earth With Mini Black-holes / Free 6 Week Online Course On Gravity, The Big Bang To Black Holes / Portals Netweb Community [IT Network Entrepreneurial And Development Hub] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by PrivateEye(m): 9:12am On Jul 13, 2014
Not quite ready for 'antimatter are we?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by caesaraba(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2014
PrivateEye: Not quite ready for 'antimatter are we?

How do you mean?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy:

Stephen hawkings: Black Holes dont exist.

You can google it.
Hawking did not say that.
this is the link to the papers he published .read it and show me where he said so.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.5761
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by akereconfi: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2014
ElNur1: Anybody dat believe everytin dat those stupid white American scientists tell him, is a biig fool...

D first lie NASA told was landin on d moon...
how can d American flag fly wen thier is no air on d moon...

stupid American scientists

In space, there is ZERO gravitational force, so everything will float even on the moon.

Now let me allow you to figure out the answer for yourself.

This is how Black Men keep doubting and White men keep on making exploit. If it was something to do with Juju or Magic, you will yell YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it, it works.

6 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by TopsyKrete: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2014
Sombrerogalaxy: Exciting to see interest in astronomy on nairaland. I'll try to explain the concept without too much resort to technical terms :-) Imagine you have a region in space where gravitational force is infinitely strong such that nothing can escape, not even light, yes that is a black hole. So, in principle, if you sufficiently compress mass till its physical size is small enough, you should end up with a black hole. When we study astronomical bodies, much of the information we get is from absorption or emission of photons, but in the case of blackholes, we usually infer their presence from dynamics around them or through high energy processes. Imagine if all the mass of the Sun were sufficiently compressed to a region of the order of a few kms, crazy physics start to happen. As a matter of fact, laws of physics start to break down!
So do blackholes exist? Yes, they do exist, usually at the centers of very large galaxies and some star clusters etc
Do they exist forever, once formed through gravitational collapse? This is an interesting question, since classically, they do not lose energy by radiation. In an earlier post, someone said Stephen Hawkings proposed that they do not even exist, whereas he posited that under that quantum mechanics, they slowly lose material by radiating Hawking radiation! So smaller blackholes 'die' faster via evaporation.
It should be noted, however, that they are very difficult to study!

You rightly hit the point i want smart peeps to hit.
Eventhough gravitational force is regarded as one of the weak force but even planets dont want to be near a point Black Holes is active (hypothetically speaking). A region where even the fastest object or wave(Light) cannot escape, can not definately be a portal to other parts of the Universe, even though i wouldn't mind if someone offers to be the guinea pig, what i believe is not a trace of his cells will be seen from the crushing effect of the exponentially increasing gravitational force.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by TopsyKrete: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2014
PrivateEye: Not quite ready for 'antimatter are we?

Antimatter is a stale info.. Next please
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2014
ojoawo:

Stephen Hawkings theory is as valid as a mad dog on expired cocaine

While Hawking radiation solved one problem with black holes, it created another problem known as the firewall paradox. When quantum particles appear in pairs, they are entangled, meaning that they are connected in a quantum way. If one particle is captured by the black hole, and the other escapes, then the entangled nature of the pair is broken. In quantum mechanics, we would say that the particle pair appears in a pure state, and the event horizon would seem to break that state.

there’s no paradox. Black holes can radiate in a way that agrees with thermodynamics, and the region near the event horizon doesn’t have a firewall, just as general relativity requires. So Hawking’s proposal is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
There are no black holes except ofcourse that name black, and hole. Meaning there is no hole, neither is the colour of any hole black. When planets die off, if I am to use that language, matter is wholesomely converted to energy, resultant of the gravitational and other cosmic energy are the whirlpool that early scientist nicknamed blackholes. In essence, there are no holes, just high gravity and remnant cataclysmic energy creating the effects found in 'blackholes', unlike religion, science is about facts as they emerge from new findings. Do no criticize Hawkings, he is light years ahead of most of us in physics.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by TopsyKrete: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Blackholes are gravitational field of galaxies whose total mass has been converted to energy. Energy remnant of planets/space/time. Although every galaxy is a portal to other universes, there is need to take away the mystic and just explain simple terms. Black holes are really not holes, because there is no hole, just in nomenclature. Just the energy remnants of planets that have run out of steam. In billions of years, our galaxy will become blackhole too. Everything has an end.

Thank me later.

Hello genius, Black Holes are created from Stars, (i.e our sun ) or much bigger than our average sun, that ran out of fusionable particles required to balance the gravitational pull/force of that star.

P.S. Remember our sun is in the category of the dwarfs?

3 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Gozzzy(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2014
How does it reverse the DOCTORS' STRIKE
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 9:51am On Jul 13, 2014
Anything could for sure be happening in a black hole cause less than 100yrs ago quantum physics would sound like magic to a physist.........but please enlighten me,wouldnt an object/phenomenom with so big a gravitational pull that even light cannot escape have a very highly dense core or in the case of blackholes a center with a gravitational force so strong it crushes whatever it can get its hands one, will this core/center just dessimate for you to pass through?,This theory is laughable at best as black holes increase in size by absorbing masses of objects that have been crushed to singularity.....but like you said even physics break down in a blackhole.....more research is needed though but i think this one is heading down the perturbation highway

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2014
TopsyKrete:

Hello genius, Black Holes are created from Stars, (i.e our sun ) or much bigger than our average sun, that ran out of fusionable particles required to balance the gravitational pull/force of that star.

P.S. Remember our sun is in the category of the dwarfs?
That theory is decades old. Why I love being a scientist, is, unlike religion that thrives in dogma, science admits it when there is a flaw in theories. Today, as it stands. Since energy can not be created nor destroyed, (which still holds true), when Galaxies 'perish', the totality of all the matter and energy of that galaxy is what you find including the gravity of all the planets and stars of that planet. The resultant cosmic soup of energy is the whirlpool that early scientist nicknamed blackhole cos they didnt understand it well. Today, we are gradually getting to know more facts, that there is no abysmal hole as earlier posited, but constellation of cataclysmic universal forces including galactic gravitational energy that even light cant escape.

Live Long.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2014
Plus what decreases gravity since black holes are a one way street......for all those futurist salivating about this possibility,no man made object could be possible of withstanding a blacks hole tital effect.yall will be spaghettified lol ie accordance with the noodle effect plus the nearest wormhole is millions of light years away lol.............this theory dosent hold water or is it just me

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: That theory is decades old. Why I love being a scientist, is, unlike religion that thrives in dogma, science admits it when there is a flaw in theories. Today, as it stands. Since energy can not be created nor destroyed, (which still holds true), when Galaxies 'perish', the totality of all the matter and energy of that galaxy is what you find including the gravity of all the planets and stars of that planet. The resultant cosmic soup of energy is the whirlpool that early scientist nicknamed blackhole cos they didnt understand it well. Today, we are gradually getting to know more facts, that there is no abysmal hole as earlier posited, but constellation of cataclysmic universal forces including galactic gravitational energy that even light cant escape.

Live Long.
lol at no abysmal blackhole........research has proven that there is a massive black hole at the center of the milky way does this in anyway prove that our galaxy 'perished' since we can still both type lol

3 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2014
why dont they fly a drone into one and let us know their findings instead of speculations...
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2014
kcool2: lol at no abysmal blackhole........research has proven that there is a massive black hole at the center of the milky way does this in anyway prove that our galaxy 'perished' since we can still both type lol
Where ever you find a 'blackhole' it is a cosmic remnant of 'perished' planet, star, or even galaxy. Be science, not religion.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ElNur1: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2014
akereconfi:

In space, there is ZERO gravitational force, so everything will float even on the moon.

Now let me allow you to figure out the answer for yourself.

This is how Black Men keep doubting and White men keep on making exploit. If it was something to do with Juju or Magic, you will yell YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it, it works.

luk at d flag very well,
So, at zero Gravity, Flags can Float at dis speed...
lf it can float @ dis speed at zero gravity, den it will be uncontrollable on earth..

Peace
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ElNur1: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Where ever you find a 'blackhole' it is a cosmic remnant of 'perished' planet, star, or even galaxy. Be science, not religion.

shiiit happens always

Religion is d Grandest Grandfather of science

Science is just 2 young 2 understand religion...
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by akereconfi: 10:16am On Jul 13, 2014
ElNur1:

luk at d flag very well,
So, at zero Gravity, Flags can Float at dis speed...
lf it can float @ dis speed at zero gravity, den it will be uncontrollable on earth..

Peace

What speed are you talking about. Hope you know that there would be disturbance from the space shuttle adjacent to the flag
Dude try to do your own little research about something before you come online and form James Bond

3 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by TopsyKrete: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2014
kcool2: Plus what decreases gravity since black holes are a one way street......for all those futurist salivating about this possibility,no man made object could be possible of withstanding a blacks hole tital effect.yall will be spaghettified lol ie accordance with the noodle effect plus the nearest wormhole is millions of light years away lol.............this theory dosent hold water or is it just me

Bros, i luv dat, more Ferarri to ur garage
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Where ever you find a 'blackhole' it is a cosmic remnant of 'perished' planet, star, or even galaxy. Be science, not religion.
.perished galaxy??lol.......what could perish a galaxy except each individual star exploded at the same time taking planets in their solar system with them which i doubt will ever happen........plus a black hole of galaxy size will take billions of years to happen since each individual black hole will have to literarilly eat up another and our galaxy is millions of light years across
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2014
TopsyKrete:

Bros, i luv dat, more Ferarri to ur garage
lol.....amen...hehehe
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by WackyJ1(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2014
desdichando: The attitude of d blackkk niggerr..no wonder why we will never go to space or the moon

Hahaha,

We will never go? And am supposed to be the one with the attitude problem
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2014
ElNur1:

shiiit happens always

Religion is d Grandest Grandfather of science

Science is just 2 young 2 understand religion...
Yet science invented the internet you are on, while religion creates deja vu.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by PietroRico(m): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Blackholes are gravitational field of galaxies whose total mass has been converted to energy. Energy remnant of planets/space/time. Although every galaxy is a portal to other universes, there is need to take away the mystic and just explain simple terms. Black holes are really not holes, because there is no hole, just in nomenclature. Just the energy remnants of planets that have run out of steam. In billions of years, our galaxy will become blackhole too. Everything has an end.

Thank me later.
what could possible happen that'll turn convert such massive masses completely into energy.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by PietroRico(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2014
caesaraba:

Enthusiasm

—noun

absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit; lively interest: He shows marked enthusiasm for his studies.

Enthusiast
en-thoo-zee-ast

—noun

a person who is filled with enthusiasm for some principle, pursuit, etc.; a person of ardent zeal: a sports enthusiast.
a religious visionary or fanatic.

Ogbeni where you from see Astronaut, Astrophysicist, or Astro-Scientific-Anything?

haha. Classic
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2014
PietroRico: what could possible happen that'll turn convert such massive masses completely into energy.
Electromagnetic cosmic pulse can do that.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2014
lets talk abt d posibility of time travel n teleportation devicea jare, read somewhr dat xperiments were carried out to test time travel in d 1940's which workd, bt some of em came bak wif missin body parts
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2014
caesaraba:

Enthusiasm

—noun

absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit; lively interest: He shows marked enthusiasm for his studies.

Enthusiast
en-thoo-zee-ast

—noun

a person who is filled with enthusiasm for some principle, pursuit, etc.; a person of ardent zeal: a sports enthusiast.
a religious visionary or fanatic.

Ogbeni where you from see Astronaut, Astrophysicist, or Astro-Scientific-Anything?

ok ok, thanks for enlightening me
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Your question is wrong. There is no hypothesis there.
oh really? maybd I should have used 'theory' or you give me the right word to use, but then try look up the meaning of hypothesis

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by DECOtech(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kk4: Maybe. Go jump inside and come tell us
That's the big ish. Its a "one way in" and "no way out" sort of journey. Its useless to go in when you won't be able to come out to tell the story.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
I observe that most people on here dont know jack bout a black hole so g will explain.......BLACKHOLE101..........1)))Black holes are basically stars that have been compressed.............2)))A star when alive is kept stable by two forces;gravity and radiated emmissions with the gravity pushing downwards and emmissions upward..................3)))A star produces energy by converting hydrogen to helium and releasing gamma rays in the processa.This reaction is exothermic meaning it produces more energy than it consumes...................4)))After it uses up hydrogen,it quickly swithes to its store of helium ,then oxygen,then carbon,which for normal sized stars like our sun stops there and cools into a white dwarf before dissapearing but for bigger stars,it continues up the periodic table to aluminum up to iron..................5)))You cant produce energy by fusing two iron molecules together(its basically like ash) and in a fraction of a second,the star stops emmitting radiation and IMPLODES thereby compressing its mass into a smaller area in space and viola BLACKHOLE..............6)))Theoritically,smaller blackholes should die off eventually by releasing emmissions(cant remember the name now)...............6)))Blackholes could also be formed by two colliding neutron stars.There are also super black holes which scientist have no idea how they were formed thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Personal Artificial Intelligence On Whatsapp / Damilare King-David Akano Is Youngest Microsoft Expert At 6 Years Old / Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.