Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results (26308 Views)

Powering Earth With Mini Black-holes / Free 6 Week Online Course On Gravity, The Big Bang To Black Holes / Portals Netweb Community [IT Network Entrepreneurial And Development Hub] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ogaprime(m): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yeah just like jump gates nd jump holes in freelancer- edison trent.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kwajahafiz(m): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
I don't know which is worse...black holes or black hoes...

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by hermesprogidy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
blackholes are largely a phemonom no one has seen but whose existence is based on their effect of matter around them. I believe in the theory of a multiverse so it may be possible that Blackholes are pathways to other universes. If Blackholes are able to do this, how does it now differentiate them from wormholes and whiteholes?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by tosingcfr(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
henryobinna: maybe metaphysics
. No, Physics
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
tosingcfr: . No, Physics
ok let me just agree with you.
but why I said metaphysics was I so much believe these things are way farther away from being physical stuffs we see.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
henryobinna: ok let me just agree with you.
but why I said metaphysics was I so much believe these things are way farther away from being physical stuffs we see.

huh?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ojoawo(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: There are no black holes except ofcourse that name black, and hole. Meaning there is no hole, neither is the colour of any hole black. When planets die off, if I am to use that language, matter is wholesomely converted to energy, resultant of the gravitational and other cosmic energy are the whirlpool that early scientist nicknamed blackholes. In essence, there are no holes, just high gravity and remnant cataclysmic energy creating the effects found in 'blackholes', unlike religion, science is about facts as they emerge from new findings. Do no criticize Hawkings, he is light years ahead of most of us in physics.

I believe what Stephen Hawking is referring to is that there are no Black Holes if there is Imaginary Time.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
Interesting read:

http://www.space.com/24454-stephen-hawking-black-hole-theory.html

In 1974, Stephen Hawking found that matter and energy can escape a black hole through what is now known as Hawking radiation. However, he contended that the radiation would be so scrambled that scientists could never work backwards to understand what fell into the black hole in the first place. This violates a basic piece of quantum theory, the idea that information cannot be destroyed.
In 2004, Hawking had a change of heart and admitted he was wrong about information loss. However, no one is quite sure how information could escape a black hole. Information radiating out of a black hole is not compatible with general relativity, and destroying information isn't possible within the confines of quantum theory. So, who is right?
Hawking's two-page study attempts to resolve the issue by doing away with event horizons and replacing them with the idea of "apparent horizons."
"The absence of event horizons means that there are no black holes — in the sense of regimes from which light can't escape to infinity," Hawking wrote. "There are, however, apparent horizons, which persist for a period of time."
These apparent horizons shift with the behavior of quantum particles within the black hole. This theory suggests, then, that information can radiate from the black hole.
However, this idea doesn't seem to address the firewall paradox at all, said Raphael Bousso, a theoretical physicist at the University of California , Berkeley.
"It's not possible to have both of those things, to have no drama at the apparent horizon and to have the information come out," Bousso told SPACE.com. "Stephen just doesn't discuss this argument, so it's unclear how he means to address it."
Don Page, physicist at the University of Alberta in Canada, agreed. "I do not think that eliminating event horizons by itself solves the firewall problem, which is a subtle problem," he wrote in an email.
And an event horizon-free black hole isn't a new proposal, either, Page said.
"The idea that a black hole does not truly have an event horizon goes back more than a third of a century, and I would not be surprised if someone could trace it back even many years earlier,"
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by MightySparrow: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath....
Act 2: 19

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 12:31am On Jul 14, 2014
MightySparrow: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath....

Amen

God is the Ultimate scientist. Only He can answer all our questions.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Psylas(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
ElNur1: Anybody dat believe everytin dat those stupid white American scientists tell him, is a biig fool...

D first lie NASA told was landin on d moon...
how can d American flag fly wen thier is no air on d moon...

stupid American scientists
you are ignorant! There is no oxygen in the moon not air, they didn't say air is'nt in moon

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2014
texanomaly:

huh?
yea, oh my brother cheesy
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Revolva(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2014
i tought u mean holes as in women ****
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by generalissimo(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44: Blackholes are the results of huge stars running out of juice which leave a huge gracvitational core and sucks everything in. How the heck can that be portal to another universe?

Except by universe they meant underworld or Hades.
Funny how u believe in Hades and other stuffs but not in God
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by generalissimo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
overhypedsteve: Yes they re portals to other universes, i ve entere one before and i came out in a world were the inhabitants do not have bosom, and they do not respirate, so i carefully run pass my blackhole come back,
Chai!!! So devil is not the only LIAR! I no know say e get an apprentice. U dey lie pass am bwoda....LOLx

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
MightySparrow: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath....
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
DECOtech: Please my people, the American flag on the moon is not flying. If you zoom into that picture, you will notice that there's a horizontal pipe or rod sewn into the upper edge of the flag to support it. Honestly, it is amusing that Nigerians are busy arguing about a supposed flying flag on the moon while others are busy visiting the moon and coming back
You and other conspiracy theorists have us believe it that way. You are only proving the obvious, a hater of anything American indeed!
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
all4naija: The fact that nothing that goes into black-hole comes back as it passes into the event horizon it is squeezed into nothing and that makes it more difficult to understand in space. Even light cannot escape the powerful force of the black-hole.

For you jumping into black-hole is a waste of your time and imagination because you would experience nothing before you are sucked into the event horizon.
then can u please tell me where it is,4 me to prove to the scientist that they are wrong
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Olazy239: then can u please tell me where it is,4 me to prove to the scientist that they are wrong

They are found across the universe where dead neutron and larger stars have collapsed by failing to reignite after completely depleting their fuels. These are regions in space more or less like signs of the relic of dead stars with strong force of gravitational force. There is one gigantic black-hole at the center of our Milky way galaxy. Maybe you can make use of it for your experiment grin cheesy tongue.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
all4naija:
They are found across the universe where dead neutron and larger stars have collapsed by failing to reignite after completely depleting their fuels. These are regions in space more or less like signs of the relic of dead stars with strong force of gravitational force. There is one gigantic black-hole at the center of our Milky way galaxy. Maybe you can make use of it for your experiment grin cheesy tongue.
were is d place na,or just give me d co-ordinate
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Olazy239: were is d place na,or just give me d co-ordinate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCADH3x56eE
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: The scientists that formulated this piece of s hit are sick!
They need blood transfussion.
The only real black hole is in the v agina of a black woman!
Last Bullet
If you fall into a black hole which these confused scientists talked about, you ll surely reach a ground where you ll crash.
It's your spirit that ll wake up in another universe, that's hell or heaven!

while i feel everybody has right of opinions, but insulting the scientists that had opinions of theirs is just plain low from you

how do you know hell and heaven exist, have you been there?
and for sure the bible that historians and some reliligious scientist found and compounded while you never made research of you supposed high IQ (which is above 0%) you will use as backup

get a life.....idjit!

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
Perseus Black Hole
Photograph courtesy NASA/CXC/IoA/A. Fabian et al.

A view of the central region of the Perseus galaxy cluster, one of the most massive objects in the universe, shows the effects that a relatively small but supermassive black hole can have millions of miles beyond its core. Astronomers studying this photo, taken by the Chandra X-ray Observatory, determined that sound waves emitted by explosive venting around the black hole are heating the surrounding area and inhibiting star growth some 300,000 light-years away. "In relative terms, it is as if a heat source the size of a fingernail affects the behavior of a region the size of Earth," said Andrew Fabian of Cambridge University.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
Black Hole Wind
Photograph courtesy NASA/CXC/MIT/UCSB/P. Ogle et al./STScI/A. Capetti et al.

A composite x-ray/optical image of the active NGC 1068 galaxy reveals an enormous plume of hot gas emanating from the supermassive black hole at the galaxy's center. Scientists think the shape and speed of the plume, which moves at about 1 million miles an hour (1.6 million kilometers an hour), are caused by the funneling effect of a doughnut-shaped ring of cooler gas and dust that surrounds the black hole.

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
andyallor:

while i feel everybody has right of opinions, but insulting the scientists that had opinions of theirs is just plain low from you

how do you know hell and heaven exist, have you been there?
and for sure the bible that historians and some reliligious scientist found and compounded while you never made research of you supposed high IQ (which is above 0%) you will use as backup

get a life.....idjit!
See how you are yabbing me!
It's unfair o!
There's God o!
Last Bullet
You 2, get a life jacket!
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
Unexpected X-Rays
Photograph courtesy NASA/CXC/OCIW/P. Martini et al.

In 2000, astronomers studying the A2104 galaxy cluster (in blue) discovered powerful x-rays emanating from several black holes in regions previously thought too old and devoid of gas to create such radiation. They had expected to find perhaps one such x-ray source in the area, but instead found six. The discovery, made using the Chandra X-ray Observatory, changed many of the assumptions scientists had made about the life cycles of galaxies and black holes.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
Intermediate-Mass Black Hole
Photograph courtesy NASA/CXC/U. of Michigan/J. Liu et al./ NOAO/AURA/NSF/T. Boroson

Astronomers think the object shown in this Chandra X-ray Observatory image (in box) may be an elusive intermediate-mass black hole. Located about 32 million light-years from Earth in the Messier 74 galaxy (M74), this object emits periodic bursts of x-rays at a rate that suggests it is much larger than a stellar-mass black hole but significantly smaller than the supermassive black holes found at the centers of galaxies. Few such middling black holes have been discovered, and scientists aren't sure how they form.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
X-Ray Jet
Illustration courtesy NASA/CXC/M. Weiss

An artist's rendering, made using data collected by the orbiting Chandra X-ray Observatory, shows a quasar galaxy with a jet of high-energy particles extending more than 100,000 light-years from the supermassive black hole at its center. The object, located 12 billion light-years from Earth, is the most distant such jet ever detected. These quasar jets are formed when electrons emitted from a black hole impact with cosmic background radiation left by the big bang, giving astronomers clues about the conditions in the early universe.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
That's it. smiley enjoy

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
Em...
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by KLand(m): 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
Too much grammar; no meaning for the common man. Abeg summarise the story... I dey for hold up joor.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
all4naija:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCADH3x56eE
ok ooo since u dnt want to tell me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Personal Artificial Intelligence On Whatsapp / Damilare King-David Akano Is Youngest Microsoft Expert At 6 Years Old / Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.