Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results (26166 Views)

Powering Earth With Mini Black-holes / Free 6 Week Online Course On Gravity, The Big Bang To Black Holes / Portals Netweb Community [IT Network Entrepreneurial And Development Hub] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Malakh: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Black holes are not meant for humans, it's a place of temporal judgement
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
henryobinna: oh really? maybd I should have used 'theory' or you give me the right word to use, but then try look up the meaning of hypothesis
I know the meaning of hypothesis, theory, postulate and laws. I think you need to get back to the ABC sincerely speaking because you use wrong terms in scientific cook-books.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ichidodo: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Black holes are the subways of the universe and its major link to other universes and dimentions...Heck, a black hole is the subset of an entire universe or how else does an entity contain 400 billion suns and still has room for more?!..
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Vivipop(f): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Wow!!! The concept of blackhole has always fascinated me. The laws of physics has always crumbled when it comes to black holes. I remember thinking that the whole idea of science had been a sham since the physics laws that I've come to know no longer count.I almost gave up on science but my favourite Astronomy Lecturer said this:"Just because one can't prove the existence of something doesn't mean it exists or doesn't exist". It would be a welcomed relief to know that there's something more to BlackHoles. I hope they prove this and LQG has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by PietroRico(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Electromagnetic cosmic pulse can do that.
I didn't want to ask u to elaborate. I wanted to find out, but ii couldn't make sense of anything I saw onn wiki cry

Pls Help out, what's an electromagnetic cosmic pulse.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by charliejose: 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
I love astronomy!!! cheesy cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
ElNur1: Anybody dat believe everytin dat those stupid white American scientists tell him, is a biig fool...

D first lie NASA told was landin on d moon...
how can d American flag fly wen thier is no air on d moon...

stupid American scientists

F00l! cant u see the rod inserted on the top of the cloth to keep it standing?

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
abeg who know were black hole dey make i jump inside cumot 4 dis fuckin freakin earth rock jor
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Galadimabawa: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
I read but I no understand at all
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: I know the meaning of hypothesis, theory, postulate and laws. I think you need to get back to the ABC sincerely speaking because you use wrong terms in scientific cook-books.
funny you!
you mean 'theory', 'hypothesis' are not related to science? brother please use your dictionary to get the meanings of those words and if they're by no means science related then I'll quite and go back to the 'ABC' as you said.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by duerap: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
This is one of the many phenomena the human race has not been able to grasp. The whole story is still within the domain of speculation.
Guys, don't lose sleep over this please. After all, does it add some dollars to your pocket?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by lifehacker: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
why does this remind me so much of bishop walter?

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist:
Source : www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/black-holes-are-portals-to-other-universes-according-to-new-quantum
Hahaha... Little is known about black-holes so I don't agree with Albert Einstein idea on their nature, although, he's more or less a theoretical physicist. The fact that there has not been any good observation which support Einstein speculation makes it more elusive than ever before in the universe. Nevertheless, I still think more needs to be learned about this entity that seems to be a powerful hand in the dark region of our universe in it infinite force to affect particles in space unseen to the observable point beyond imagination.

My assumption is that black-hole is the region that holds together the pieces in the universe in place. It could either be the originator of everything itself looking at the big bang as a singularity in bring about the present existence we know it to be.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Olazy239: abeg who know were black hole dey make i jump inside cumot 4 dis fuckin freakin earth rock jor
The fact that nothing that goes into black-hole comes back as it passes into the event horizon it is squeezed into nothing and that makes it more difficult to understand in space. Even light cannot escape the powerful force of the black-hole.

For you jumping into black-hole is a waste of your time and imagination because you would experience nothing before you are sucked into the event horizon.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by snthesis(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
post and subsequent comments leads only to one thing "Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle"

read up , thanks me later,

.....in order news these scientific talk s becoming more or less beer parlour gist- working from a percieved notion/answer to the problem....basically looking for equations and theories to back up their thots, an wen it becomes so complex, they quickly add a save face constant i.e Hawkings radiation, the snthesis bruhaha grin...feel free to add yours jare cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
all4naija: The fact that nothing that goes into black-hole comes back as it passes into the even horizon it is squeezed into nothing and that makes it more difficult to understand in space. Even light cannot escape the powerful force of the black-hole.

For you jumping into black-hole is a waste of your time and imagination because you would experience nothing before you are sucked into the event horizon.
hehe.....the black hole is an interesting phenomenom since you have to be travelling faster than light to escape it.....i got a question though if i was travelling in a vessel moving at the speed of light,then walked forward still inside the vessel,i would be travelling faster than the speed of light right atleast based on classical physics
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by DECOtech(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Please my people, the American flag on the moon is not flying. If you zoom into that picture, you will notice that there's a horizontal pipe or rod sewn into the upper edge of the flag to support it. Honestly, it is amusing that Nigerians are busy arguing about a supposed flying flag on the moon while others are busy visiting the moon and coming back

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by TopsyKrete: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
kcool2: hehe.....the black hole is an interesting phenomenom since you have to be travelling faster than light to escape it.....i got a question though if i was travelling in a vessel moving at the speed of light,then walked forward still inside the vessel,i would be travelling faster than the speed of light right atleast based on classical physics

To burst your bubble, you are still travelling at the speed of light, that is if u manage to survive the sensation of every cell in your body passing through the pores of your skin and splat on the vessel...

U got that
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by wisemen045(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Disclaimer: I am not an astrophysicist or the likes. Just a person that watches discovery science once in a while.

@OP black holes may be portals to other universes if you look at it from two angles. One, the fact that black holes are not really holes and two, the fact that black holes holes have a limit to the amount of matter it can absorb. According to a show I watched recently on discovery science, a block hole acts like a Pulsar once it has reached maximum capacity and shoots out huge jets of materials (matter, energy etc) up and down its poles. The matter ejected then forms the building blocks of other galaxies/universes. Just picture a black hole with a galaxy at its top and bottom. So there is a white hole (burst of matter energy creating new universes) at the opposite end of every black hole. This may also help to explain what was before the big bang since energy can neither be created or destroyed. Just in this order:

A super star dies - a black hole - singularity - big bang (white hole) - a new universe.

N.B The show was titled ''how the universe was made''.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
kcool2: hehe.....the black hole is an interesting phenomenom since you have to be travelling faster than light to escape it.....i got a question though if i was travelling in a vessel moving at the speed of light,then walked forward still inside the vessel,i would be travelling faster than the speed of light right atleast based on classical physics

This link is interesting. Check out the discussion that follows the article.

http://zidbits.com/2011/04/why-cant-anything-go-faster-than-the-speed-of-light/
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Oahray: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
They still hold on the big bang theory grin.

There are more technological than scientific breakthroughs these days. Assumptions and daring speculations get to be used to explain mysteries while ignorant onlookers agree just to sound smart.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
TopsyKrete:

To burst your bubble, you are still travelling at the speed of light, that is if u manage to survive the sensation of every cell in your body passing through the pores of your skin and splat on the vessel...

U got that
lol.....BOY,listen .Moving at the speed of light wouldnt let ur pores out of your skin or whatever in reality it would increase ur mass to infinity....ps:the question was hypothetical assuming we had infine energy to move an indefinite mass.......u got that?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oahray: They still hold on the big bang theory grin.

There are more technological than scientific breakthroughs these days. Assumptions and daring speculations get to be used to explain mysteries while ignorant onlookers agree just to sound smart.
Technology is not scientific?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by kcool2(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
wisemen045: Disclaimer: I am not an astrophysicist or the likes. Just a person that watches discovery science once in a while.

@OP black holes may be portals to other universes if you look at it from two angles. One, the fact that black holes are not really holes and two, the fact that black holes holes have a limit to the amount of matter it can absorb. According to a show I watched recently on discovery science, a block hole acts like a Pulsar once it has reached maximum capacity and shoots out huge jets of materials (matter, energy etc) up and down its poles. The matter ejected then forms the building blocks of other galaxies/universes. Just picture a black hole with a galaxy at its top and bottom. So there is a white hole (burst of matter energy creating new universes) at the opposite end of every black hole. This may also help to explain what was before the big bang since energy can neither be created or destroyed. Just in this order:

A super star dies - a black hole - singularity - big bang (white hole) - a new universe.

N.B The show was titled ''how the universe was made''.
your argument further strenghtens the fact that nothing escapes from the other side of a blackhole
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
BTW…Mods are not omniscient. They can’t be everywhere at once. That is what the report button is for. They can’t catch everything. Give them a break and a helping hand… USE THE “REPORT” BUTTON!!
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Oahray: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist:
Technology is not scientific?
technology is APPLICATION of scientific knowledge. They are related, but not the same. I thought everyone knew that.

Science - knowledge
Technology - application.
My point is, technology or application of such knowledge from past decades/centuries is advancing faster than we are truly learning new things. It could be because we have learnt alot already about our earth, and the universe isn't the easiest thing to study.

All we get now are speculative theories as against well-tested scientific fact or laws.

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oahray: technology is APPLICATION of scientific knowledge. They are related, but not the same. I thought everyone knew that.

Science - knowledge
My point is, technology or application of such knowledge from past decades/centuries is advancing faster than we are truly learning new things. It could be because we have learnt alot already about our earth, and the universe isn't the easiest thing to study.

All we get now are speculative theories as against well-tested scientific fact or laws.
Who says we aren't learning new things?
You should read sites like Scientific American, and not Linda Ikeji 's blog.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Oahray: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist:
Who says we aren't learning new things?
You should read sites like Scientific American, and not Linda Ikeji 's blog.
smh... I talked about the RATE of learning, not just learning. How did you miss the "faster than" I wrote?

What's more, a scientific breakthrough is not the same as regular small improvements on existing knowledge. Don't be in a hurry to argue.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oahray: smh... I talked about the RATE of learning, not just learning. How did you miss the "faster than" I wrote?

What's more, a scientific breakthrough is not the same as regular small improvements on existing knowledge. Don't be in a hurry to argue.
Sorry, my bad.
It seems I misunderstood.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by texanomaly(f): 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Akalia: None of the above speculation is a fact, reason been that today's science and technology is yet to advance to a stage where space exploration and findings will base on facts but not speculations and theories.

The op never claimed it to be fact. The word "theory" is scattered throughout. Scientific facts start out as a theory/hypothesis. Because it is not a proven fact now, does not mean it is not noteworthy and deserving of contemplation. Without speculations and theories many scientific notions we consider fact today would not have come to be so. To prove something is “fact” there first needs to be a theory/hypothesis. Someone needs to say, “Hey, I think this is why that happens.” Then they go about figuring out how to prove it.

Oahray: technology is APPLICATION of scientific knowledge. They are related, but not the same. I thought everyone knew that.

Science - knowledge

Speculation and theories are the building blocks of science. What we considered “crazy, demon inspired and impossible years/centuries, and in some cases only months ago, are now considered scientific fact. Never underestimate speculation and theory. It has been proven time and time again that they can sneak up and bite us on the behind, when we least expect them to.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by pseudonomer: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Maybe a portal to a new universe called "HELL FIRE"
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ok, I was reading something similar to this only to come here and find it on Nl what a Funny world.
Has any one heard of Philadelphia experiment?
The teleportation experiment of a warship that lead to a disastrous effect?
Pretty interesting to read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Damilare King-David Akano Is Youngest Microsoft Expert At 6 Years Old / 10 Things About The Atmosphere That You Don't Know / Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.