Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest (1202 Views)

BREAKING:Nnamdi Kanu's Mother And Sister Join Protest For His Release / BREAKING! Biafran Children Join Protest;demand Freedom For Nnamdi Kanu (SEE PICS / Two Teenage Girls Join ISIS, Become Pregnant, And Are Now Begging To Come Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by Opeomoope: 5:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Five of the schoolgirls who escaped from Boko Haram captivity joined the members of the BringBackOurGirls Coalition rally in Abuja on Sunday to drum up support for their colleagues who are still being held captive by the Bioko Haram Islamic sect.
Over 200 girls were abducted in their hostel at the Government Secondary School. Chibok, Borno State on April 15.
The girls were brought to the BBOG sit-out meeting at Unity Fountain, Maitama, Abuja on Sunday.
The young girls who sat quietly throughout the duration of the sit-out, looked subdued and withdrawn.
The girls are Awa Alhama , Hauwa Musa, Hauwa John, Kanna Bitrus, and Rebecca Ishaku.
Maina Yega, whose daughter was among those abducted, said that many affected parents could not come to Abuja to participate in the rallies on account of the distance and the fact that they were psychological disturbed by the incident.
“Many parents could not come because they are psychological traumatized by the abduction,” he explained.
Shetimma Haruna, whose daughter, Margret, was also kidnapped, thanked the members of the BBOG for their relentless efforts in campaigning for the releaseof the girls.
Meanwhile, the Pakistani girl-child education campaigner, Malala Yousafzai, will be addressing the #BringBackOurGirls coalition members and seeking more international support for the campaign for the release of the 200 abducted Chibok schoolgirls in Abuja on Monday (today).
Malala, who arrived Abuja on Saturday, is expected to bring more pressure on the Federal Government which has been unable to secure the release of the girls 90 days after they were kidnapped.
The child activist, who survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban, would use the occasion to mark the Malala Day (July 14,) a day set aside to champion her cause for free and compulsory education for every child around the world.
The Coordinator of the BBOG, and a former Education minister, Oby Ezekwesili, said that about 35 members of her movement would also actively participate in the rally which would hold at the conference hall of Sheraton Hotel.
Ezekwesili stated that the campaign to free the Chibok girls was not confrontational, noting that the movement was meant to partner the government and security agencies in their efforts to secure the release of the girls.

Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by seunlayi(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2014
best of luck but be prepare to inhale some tear gas

1 Like

Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by Onlinebizexpert(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2014
there was a country
Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by azeeza(f): 6:12am On Jul 14, 2014
I wish your sister was involved than you will feel the heat. Please if you cant lend your support, keep your mouth shut.
Onlinebizexpert: they no dey taya shocked
Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by ojimbo(m): 6:23am On Jul 14, 2014
azeeza: I wish your sister was involved than you will feel the heat. Please if you cant lend your support, keep your mouth shut.
rubbish, if my sister is among, since the insurgents are my people, i will make inquiry within my state and find out their sponsors, i will openly tell the whole world who the beasts are. E.g if OPC for omo onile, massob for ndi igbo and mend for niger deltans
Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by Rich4god(m): 6:30am On Jul 14, 2014
What is Major Chris doing in that pix... Is he not supposed to be part of those bringing back our girls...
Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by Onlinebizexpert(m): 6:37am On Jul 14, 2014
azeeza: I wish your sister was involved than you will feel the heat. Please if you cant lend your support, keep your mouth shut.

hmm i promised myself not to be annoyed by anyone on nairaland

first if my sister was to write her waec and i heard that even robbers not boko haram are suspected to attack the school

i will never let her go there...........stop being clouded by sentiments ma

the FG is at fault, likewise the gals parents,pricipal school authorities and security operatives

incase you dont know most of this bring back our girls campaign is no more with the initial hunger for the release of gals, it is now watered down to a political tool

have a nice day ma
Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by faithugo64(f): 7:20am On Jul 14, 2014
boko hmmm there is God oooo,the soul that sinneth shall die
Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Where Boko Haram keep those girls that even the Almighty USA that most Nigerians would die for couldn't find the girls even britain was on the way coming when the discovered say na lie de just stopped at Senegal and said their plane don spoil grin grin grin grin Malala e fit be say u de waste your time sha.

The people that started the kidnapping saga is now looking for a way to stop it since it is about to explode in their faces. they have resorted to 60 girls escaped, soon it will be 100 girls escaped until the number correspond with the figure they said is missing then they would say all the girls has escaped from boko haram. Ndi ara.

2 Likes

Re: Malala In Abuja, Five Escaped Chibok Girls Join Protest by kokoA(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: they no dey taya shocked
Act matured for once in your life. There's nothing wrong with you taking an opposing stance but why not just read and pass? This issue is very sensitive to some families you know?

(1) (Reply)

APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji / The Penalty Of Leadership: Tribute To Bola Ahmed Tinubu. / Ghanian Terrorist Invades Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.