Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji (1204 Views)

See The Service Chiefs In Motion As Captured By Bayo Omoboriowo / Buhari’s Certificate, APC And Unanswered Questions / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Eldavido1: 5:13am On Jul 31, 2014
At the formation stage of the APC, a respected Christian leader
from the North, who is a political disciple of General Muhammadu
Buhari and a few others asked the chieftains of the new party to let
the party pick some Christians as members of the then Interim
National Excecutive Committee which was later chairman by Chief
Bisi Akande. But they ignored him. They merely made him an ex-
officio.
Again when the convention was approaching, he ran to these
people again to let the party has some of its key officers be
Christians from the North, they ignored him. "I told them having
many Christians from the North would be a proof that our party is
not pro-Boko Haram. But they would not listen to me".
The man told me. He wanted to go for the National Secretary, the
office was zoned away from his state and when he wanted to
contest for another office, they collected his money, screened him
but removed his name from the ballot papers!
The man roared like a lion and dared the leaders not to allow him
contest and see the consequence. They asked General Buhari to
stop his boy but the man said, he was asking for his right.
One thing led to another, they allowed him to contest and he
defeated the so-called consensus candidate that was endorsed.
Hear him again, "Do you know what they did again, they positioned
themselves by each of the ballot box telling delegates, 'don't vote
for...' he is a pastor' But God proved them wrong, I won.''
That is not the end of the story, last week, there was a need for the
National Chairman of APC, John Odigie -Oyegun to pay a courtesy
call on Cardinal John Onaiyekan in Abuja and they were now
asking this party officer to follow them being the only Christian
officer of the party from the North.
According to an eye witness, the man said, "I would not follow you.
When I was asking you to let us have more Christians from the
North in the National Working Committee (NWC) you people
refused and you almost stopped me too. I am not going" The man
did not.
I am telling you this to let you know the war genuine Christians in
politics are facing. If you are not called to go there by God, steer
clear of politics otherwise, they mess you up! Those who want to
speak to this man could inbox me. He is my personal friend. I
don''t come to FACEBOOK for fun, I know my mandate to be here.
Those who are here for other reasons are also free. But they
should stop condemn those who are saying what they dare not
say. And whether I added you or you added me, you know the way
out and if I see you as an obstacle, I would throw you out through
the window.
From FFK Facebook page:
(THIS CONTRIBUTION WAS WRITTEN BY BAYO OLADEJI WHO IS A
PASTOR AND A WELL-RESPECTED SENIOR POLITICAL
CORRESPONDENT WITH ''THE LEADERSHIP NEWSPAPER'' IN
NIGERIA. HIS WRITE-UP WAS CULLED FROM HIS FACEBOOK PAGE
ON 30th JULY 2014)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10201967736864458&id=1516216357&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6042070532308145003%3Amf_story_key.5427938532879243069&__tn__=%2As

1 Like

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by warripekin(m): 5:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmm! And they say they are not moslem brotherhood . PDP may be bad, but this APC I don't trust. We need a genuine opposition

3 Likes

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by stebell(m): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2014
APC carrying out its islamic agenda since it was formed.

1 Like

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Omexonomy: 7:18am On Jul 31, 2014
APC sponsoring BH since inception.
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 31, 2014
you should be selected just because you are Christian? God i hate this country.

4 Likes

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Firefire(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2014
I pity some comments on Nairaland sad

You hate your country Then renounce your citizenship and go claim Afganistan or Somalia.

Yeye.

4 Likes

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Eldavido1: 7:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli: you should be selected just because you are Christian? God i hate this country.

I usually do think every appointment should be strictly base on merit. But over time I came to realise that such is not tenable in a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country such as ours. We have to learn to live with such agitation for now until we attain such level of mind development to overcome parochial sentiments. The only factor making PDP appears unbeatable is simply it's all inclusiveness. If other parties can adopt such, maybe then we could have a true opposition.
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Eldavido1:

I usually do think every appointment should be strictly base on merit. But over time I came to realise that such is not tenable in a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country such as ours. We have to learn to live with such agitation for now until we attain such level of mind development to overcome parochial sentiments. The only factor making PDP appears unbeatable is simply it's all inclusiveness. If other parties can adopt such, maybe then we could have a true opposition.
wrong, we just an indiscipline lot, are we more complex than india? Imagine someone coming out to make such statements in the US.

4 Likes

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by vedaxcool(m): 8:14am On Jul 31, 2014
But when goatluck stuffed the national conference with christians, it was all koshar to you? This so called pastor tale should be swallowed with a pinch of salt, it is a pity nigerians are being mislead by both religious and political prebendalist! Senate president christian deputy christian were why is the man quiet?

1 Like

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Eldavido1: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:
wrong, we just an indiscipline lot, are we more complex than india? Imagine someone coming out to make such statements in the US.

we are definitely not more complex than India, but India practices exactly what we do here. They have an affirmative action that canvases equal or certain % representation in times of central and state government appointments, education and others. The policies applies to particular regions, caste, sex and also religion in India.
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Eldavido1:

we are definitely not more complex than India, but India practices exactly what we do here. They have an affirmative action that canvases equal or certain % representation in times of central and state government appointments, education and others. The policies applies to particular regions, caste, sex and also religion in India.
Reservation in India is the process of setting aside
a certain percentage of seats (vacancies) in
government institutions for members of backward and
under-represented communities (defined primarily by
caste and tribe). Reservation is a form of quota-
based affirmative action.

please note affirmative action, also practiced in Canada, britain and many other countries, pls don't confuse that with what we practice here, especially with religion.
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Eldavido1: 8:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:

please note affirmative action, also practiced in Canada, britain and many other countries, pls don't confuse that with what we practice here, especially with religion.

Don't get me wrong! Each of the countries you mention had more than 50 years of continuous uninterrupted democratic institutions. There is a level of mind development that comes with that which in my opinion nigeria is yet to attain with our nascent democracy. Such agitation is bound to be our lot for the foreseeable future. I don't condone such practices but I feel we could tolerate it for now, atleast for the sake of stability.

1 Like

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2014
Eldavido1:

Don't get me wrong! Each of the countries you mention had more than 50 years of continuous interrupted democratic institutions. There is a level of mind development that comes with that which in my opinion nigeria is yet to be attained with our nascent democracy. Such agitation is bound to be our lot for the foreseeable future. I don't condone such practices but I feel we could tolerate it for now, atleast for the sake of stability.
i love superior arguments, i concede. But we should allow people demand it like its some kind of right.
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Eldavido1: 9:13am On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli:
i love superior arguments, i concede. But we should allow people demand it like its some kind of right.

Yeah! Totally agree with that. Shouldn't be an issue of "right" but that of consensus and agreement.

1 Like

Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by bloodykiIler: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Apc is boko and boko is apc

-FFK

Keep hiding my posts usless mods
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by oldenglish: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obiagelli: you should be selected just because you are Christian? God i hate this country.
just like a kid from yobe will be given admission to unity school with a score of 9 and a kid from logos with a score of 200 will be rejected. Some people from that part of the country say it's a good gesture to accommodate them, what stops the good gesture in APC?
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by abacus(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
bloodykiIler: Apc is boko and boko is apc

-FFK

Keep hiding my posts usless mods

Your FFK friend stopped 'making noise' since when Modu Sherrif decamped to PDP.
Re: APC AND CHRISTIANITY By Pastor Bayo Oladeji by Eldavido1: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
abacus:

Your FFK friend stopped 'making noise' since when Modu Sherrif decamped to PDP.

lolzzzz! well said! !!

(1) (Reply)

Why I’m A Fan Of The APC – Dele Momodu / Don’t Snap Ballot Papers, Jega Warns Voters / APC Wanted To Take The Glory Of National Conference - Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.