Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures (35222 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by HARDUBUY(m): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Neroanna: thats true sha.if it were to b xtians,Dem for get little hatred for their heart but dem no go show am out.
.....Nah...it shouldnt be like that sis! but come to think of it, we really don't criticize & hate u guyz, like the christains do attack us unnecessarily every now & then!

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by zemaye: 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
mencade5: as muslims
we should also pray in this fasting period that boko haram should poison themselves even as they claim to partake in this fasting but are still killing people. May they choke to death as they break their fast insha allah. Amin
ppl wey dey smoke weed to bomb ppl which kind fast.
may Allah help us against this ppl jare!
OP jazakallah

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by shakaz(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Highflyer3:
Because Allah is not the Christian God
wonder Y any sane being would like the above. so the northern Nig christains that sing ''Mun gode Allah, Mun gode Allah, Allah sirki''('' which translates'' we thank God *2, God is the king'' ) in the church or the Arabian bible or christains that uses Allah in place of God are worshiping the muslim ''God''...funny...

P.s Jesus Christ never mentioned the word ''God'' in his lifetime, you want to know Y? Because he never for once spoke English.

3 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by AlBaqir(m): 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
shakaz: wonder Y any sane being would like the above. so the northern Nig christains that sing ''Mun gode Allah, Mun gode Allah, Allah sirki''('' which translates'' we thank God *2, God is the king'' ) in the church or the Arabian bible or christains that uses Allah in place of God are worshiping the muslim ''God''...funny...

P.s Jesus Christ never mentioned the word ''God'' in his lifetime, you want to know Y? Because he never for once spoke English.

May Allah increase you in knowledge and wisdom. I just can't reply any better.

When you read some comments, you shake your head. Really ignorance has nothing to do with education sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by trigonometry: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mehn see orderliness. I'm so proud to be a muslim

4 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kennyamusa(m): 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
shakaz: wonder Y any sane being would like the above. so the northern Nig christains that sing ''Mun gode Allah, Mun gode Allah, Allah sirki''('' which translates'' we thank God *2, God is the king'' ) in the church or the Arabian bible or christains that uses Allah in place of God are worshiping the muslim ''God''...funny...

pls becareful of what u say especially what u don't know,am not a religious fanatic but I don't like people being irrational.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by sakaguchi(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
But it is the truth, Allah is not Jehovah! Yahweh or God as we all know it. Allah is the Arabian god of the crescent moon.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Highflyer3:
Imagine, then one person will say we are worshiping one God. I have muslim friends I like so much but I tell them the truth, Islam is a religion of war. If you can prove me wrong, I will forever not say a word about this issue again
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Highflyer3:
Aromas:
Don't rilly gt ur comment buh lemme elaborate it 2u, Allah is arabic name why God is english, d writing n reading is diffnt but still yet is d same thing. The muslims call it ALLAH whch also known as GOD. E.g Anuoluwapo is also known as Mercy of the Lord.
please let's be realistic hear
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by shakaz(m): 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
sakaguchi:

Lol. Eloi, El, Elohim are all jewish names of God.

Allah is a pagan name just like Baal and Amadioha.
very funny... Double standard. Well tell that to the hausa christains in the north or Arabian christains. As for me I'm off I ve gat Qur'an to read.

P.s please don't qoute me anymore continue your fruitful discussion.. *don't know Y NL added the mention indicator* just thinking out loud.

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
eligibility:

My dear, you knows nothing about Islam.
Do you know the so called بو كو حرم BOKO HARAM members who participated in YANYAN PARK bombing were all Ibo Christians?
Do you know Henry Okah , who orchestrated the Oct 1st 2010 bombing is a Christian from Bayelsa state?

Stop preaching hatred, boko haram miscreants are not Muslims.
So they are christians who dress like muslims and bomb/kill in the name of allah.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by sakaguchi(m): 12:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Fantasywrita:

You really have to educate yourself b4 u make such blatant comment. Allah is an Arabic name for God.

The bible was not written in English but in Greek. It was translated to English. So the 'God' in the bible was written in the Greek form. If the bible had not be translated then u might as well have been using the Greek name for God.

Its just 'language'. I don't know if u understand??

How you love to deceive yourself.
I call the Almighty God.
I call Him Ubangiji.
I call Him Olodumare.
I call Him Owoicho
I call him Chineke.
All is correct in Christianity.
Jehovah, Elohim, Yahweh are all correct?

Islam however insist on calling him Allah, if tomorrow I wake up and hear
"Olodumare Akbar" or
"Chineke Akbar" I'll believe you, until then, Allah is that moon god that arabians pray 5 times a day to. That moon god they go to visit every year in mecca. That moon god they round the kabbah for. That moon god whose crescent sign is on your mosque and that moon god whose sign you look up to before starting fast.

Tell me. God is everywhere, why then must you face mecca if not to face the moon god placed by mohammed in the kaaba?

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2014
And this beef thing is ridiculous!

Interesting thing is that during the time of Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) he was peaceful with the Christians, especially those in the community and offered them protection. It was the Jews that always did the mischief.

Just read about the treaty made by the prophet to stop war...but the Jews foiled it. Islam embraces all....but its those who want to tarnish it that are at work.

Yes some Muslims are also at fault but then no one is perfect. Perfection would make one a god in which case is not possible because only God is perfect.

Muslims believe in one God(Allah) and believe in all prophets including Jesus.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by sakaguchi(m): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2014
shakaz: hahahaha...Ameen thanks brother. I will also tell my mum to pray for the nation too, Albeit on sunday in her church.

Don't mind me o! I'm not a bitter person. I just like looking for trouble on nairaland. Though my questions on Allah are truly bothering me, I do see good muslims and I believe our country will be better if all muslim emulate them and all christians do as their name are -just "like Christ".

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by sakaguchi(m): 12:26am On Jul 16, 2014
Fantasywrita: And this beef thing is ridiculous!

Interesting thing is that during the time of Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) he was peaceful with the Christians, especially those in the community and offered them protection. It was the Jews that always did the mischief.

Just read about the treaty made by the prophet to stop war...but the Jews foiled it. Islam embraces all....but its those who want to tarnish it that are at work.

Yes some Muslims are also at fault but then no one is perfect. Perfection would make one a god in which case is not possible because only God is perfect.

Muslims believe in one God(Allah) and believe in all prophets including Jesus.

Why only peaceful to christians? Couldn't he as the so called greatest prophet be peaceful to all of mankind? Is he being good to the christians because the protected him too after the hijrah? Now tell me. Did the prophet not know that his followers killed people simply because they don't believe in his message? Why did he not stop them.

Let me tell you the truth, if Muhammed came today instead of 1600 years ago and said he's the greatest prophet ever, as an educated man, I'll want proof. That is the sensible thing for me to do. If he has no proof other than a book which anybody may have written and he shoves it to me as proof, I will laugh him the way I laught at GEJ and Buhari everyday. I'm wont be wrong. God gave other prophets e.g Elijah and Elisha and Moses bigger signs so he can park well.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by jumzzy448: 12:28am On Jul 16, 2014
Beautiful thread.

Thank You Allah for making me a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 16, 2014
sakaguchi:

How you love to deceive yourself.
I call the Almighty God.
I call Him Ubangiji.
I call Him Olodumare.
I call Him Owoicho
I call him Chineke.
All is correct in Christianity.
Jehovah, Elohim, Yahweh are all correct?

Islam however insist on calling him Allah, if tomorrow I wake up and hear
"Olodumare Akbar" or
"Chineke Akbar" I'll believe you, until then, Allah is that moon god that arabians pray 5 times a day to. That moon god they go to visit every year in mecca. That moon god they round the kabbah for. That moon god whose crescent sign is on your mosque and that moon god whose sign you look up to before starting fast.

Tell me. God is everywhere, why then must you face mecca if not to face the moon god placed by mohammed in the kaaba?
Help me ask them wella oo, the more I argue with muslims, the more they confuse things. One hardcore muslim said muslims believe in old testament not the new, amother said he does not believe in Jesus, he says Jesus christ was an ordinary man. Why the word ANTICHRIST? why not ANTI-MOHAMEED Please nobody should pray against me this Ramadan oo
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 16, 2014
sakaguchi:

Why only peaceful to christians? Couldn't he as the so called greatest prophet be peaceful to all of mankind? Is he being good to the christians because the protected him too after the hijrah? Now tell me. Did the prophet no know that his followers killed people simply because they don't believe in his message? Why did he not stop them.

Let me tell you the truth, if Muhammed came today instead of 1600 years ago and said he's the greatest prophet ever, as an educated man, I'll want proof. That is the sensible thing for me to do. If he has no proof other than a book which anybody may have written and he shoves it to me as proof, I will laugh him the way I laught at GEJ and Bokoharo everyday. I'm not wrong. God gave other prophets e.g Elijah and Elisha and Moses bigger signs so he can park well.

As I said there was a treaty for peace for all. But the Jews broke the treaty peace and attacked... that's why the Christians were under his protection.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by sakaguchi(m): 12:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Its not compulsory for a Muslim to call God by Allah. No its not. I can always say God. But when its time for worship (prayer) then I'll have to call him by Allah because we pray in Arabic just as u Christian were given 'gospel'.

I can't be reciting the Quranic verse in Arabic and then switch to English or another language, except when supplicating.

these are things u av to understand.

Unfortunately, I don't understand that. Christians do it always, they pray with their language and still call God with any of his names. Haven't you heard them praying and saying Jehovah? They are not speaking hebrew yet they called Him His hebrew name. So long as you insist on calling him only "Allah" when you pray and the arabs worship an arabian moon god called "Al illah" before, then I have reasons to be weary. I believe you can be open enough to see my suspicion?
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by barackodam: 12:31am On Jul 16, 2014
U see sagakuchi, u are not ready to learn, u only wanna castigate,

And permit me to say this, u can't find the truth about Islam
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 16, 2014
sakaguchi:

Unfortunately, I don't understand that. Christians do it always, the pray with their language and still call God with any of his names. Haven't you heard them praying and saying Jehovah? They are not speaking hebrew yet they called Him His hebrew name. So long as you insist on calling him only "Allah" when you pray and the arabs worship an arabian moon god called "Al illah" before, then I have reasons to be weary. I believe you. Can be open enough to see my suspicion?

I'm sorry if you still don't believe me.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by shakaz(m): 12:33am On Jul 16, 2014
sakaguchi:

Don't mind me o! I'm not a bitter person. I just like looking for trouble on nairaland. Though my questions on Allah are truly bothering me, I do see good muslims and I believe our country will be better if all muslim emulate them and all christians do as their name are -just "like Christ".
thumbs up.. Couldn't have said it any better. Shalom/Salam brother. This thread is no longer healthy.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 16, 2014
Weselion: Help me ask them wella oo, the more I argue with muslims, the more they confuse things. One hardcore muslim said muslims believe in old testament not the new, amother said he does not believe in Jesus, he says Jesus christ was an ordinary man. Why the word ANTICHRIST? why not ANTI-MOHAMEED Please nobody should pray against me this Ramadan oo

Indeed you might meet people that will contradict themselves, probably because they are not learned. Why not ask someone who is really learned.

And Anti Christ is the final test. the man who will come claiming that he is God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First And Second Glance At Women (Photo) / Types Of Wives At Ileya Family Gathering / Evil Of Video Call With Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.