Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber (6549 Views)

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / Jimi Agbaje Declares For Lagos Guber Race, To Contest Under PDP [PHOTO] / Jimi Agbaje Declares For Lagos Gubernatorial Race, To Contest Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by RebelLeader15(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
crusader01: Nothing good can come out of PDP and APC. I can't be deceived to vote for anybody under any of them.
Oya start your own political party make you come mistakenly contest for ordinary counsellor, you go see say the smallest chicken in my compound wouldn't vote for you too

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
anonimi:

That shows you the intellectuals can make an impact.
Imagine what that impact would be IF they mobilise more of their likes to join PDP and even APC.
Don't you think the space for thugs & touts will shrink significantly

The problem is the intellectuals feel too big & comfy instead of reaching out EARLY from before now. to mobilise people especially youths in the universities, polytechnics etc to also reach out to their folks like in network marketing.
It is not impossible to attain BUT he must take care of his personal security FIRST to avoid Funsho Williams mishap because the current occupants of Alausa House won't give up easily as they have too much dirt to cover shocked
you have a valid point.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Urine: 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
SMH @ all the comments, you don't want Tinubu yet you're shouting Jimi Agbaje. Let me burst your bubble, Agbaje is a Tinubu boy! He's a major contractor for the Lagos State Government. Let me give you a clue, find out the major suppliers of drugs to government hospitals.

Also I'm tired of people disturbing themselves about Tinubu, he is not the sole King maker, any decision that will be made will have to be a joint one among The Oba of Lagos, Former IG of Police Musiliu Smith, and Jagaban. You all know next to nothing about Lagos politics. SMH

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by crusader01(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
RebelLeader15: Oya start your own political party make you come mistakenly contest for ordinary counsellor, you go see say the smallest chicken in my compound wouldn't vote for you too

aStlerk! what you get is what you are. Fix it!
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by sunayo(m): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
I think this Jimi guy is favoured. People just like him. I've heard a lot of folk say they'll vote for him.

As for me and my household, we're fed up with touts in Lagos. We need someone to clean up the mess, that man is JIMI AGBAJE.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by PenSniper: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
anonimi:

There is NO such thing/person as a "GENUINE progressive and democrat" anymore in the lould of Awo and his UPN governors plus other followers of their four cardinal programmes focused on uplifting the masses in a SUSTAINABLE manner rather than steal our money as is the current practice.

Gbenga Daniel had similar credentials in 2003 but AD would not give him a ticket in favour of Osoba whom Ogun state people wanted out for his crass corruption and clueless administration. Quite a few Ogun elites/intellectuals actually raised funds for Daniel to add to his war chest in winning Osoba. Let us not forget that AD was not under Thief'nubu's one man show control then.
While Daniel did well in his first term like Fashola his second term was a disaster just like Fashola's.

This is largely due to the absence of OUR constant & continuous VIGILANCE through well established and strong INSTITUTIONS such as the legislature & LGAs having significant number of opposition parties at the STATE level who can keep the party/person in power on his/her toes for the people's ultimate benefit.

Over to US!

"US'' are now between the devil ( Jimi Agbaje (so to say) and the deep blue sea (APC). I, as a component of the "US", am not a politician nor a card-carrying member of any party but vote based on the prevailing circumstances. I wish that all the vestiges of ACN/APC be completely removed from the entire South West. They represent everything bad in the books.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by BabaEleko(m): 3:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Itoroetti:

1 tinubu
2 remi tinubu
3atiku
4 buhari(reminds me of my younger bro whom use to cry so much as a child back then)
5 el rufai

Bros, rimary wetin u dey??
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 16, 2014
ola6: barcanista, you too much! You understand the politics in Lagos wella. Bode George is the PROBLEM OF LAGOS PDP. Hope GEJ is listening.
This is my analysis on Jimi Agbaje.

https://www.nairaland.com/1810625/apc-lose-lagos-stakeholders#24656751
rightly put....George will choke Jimi in pdp

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2014
PenSniper:

"US'' are now between the devil ( Jimi Agbaje (so to say) and the deep blue sea (APC). I, as a component of the "US", am not a politician nor a card-carrying member of any party but vote based on the prevailing circumstances.I wish that all the vestiges of ACN/APC be completely removed from the entire South West. They represent everything bad in the books.

Wishing is GOOD and very easy - maybe too easy even!
Simply having your voters card and showing/queueing up and actually voting is BETTER!!

Joining either of the two MAIN parties or working towards making another(new) party strong enough to displace these two (APC & PDP), which as you rightly said CURRENTLY "represent everything bad in the books", IMHO is the BEST option!!!

What do you think

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 8:42am On Jul 16, 2014
double post.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 8:43am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: rightly put....George will choke Jimi in pdp

Do you think that is not PREVENTABLE

Is it that WE are so IMPOTENT as a people shocked angry
And na ONLY mouth we get like person wey sabi chop akara (bean cakes)

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2014
anonimi:

Do you think that is not PREVENTABLE

Is it that WE are so IMPOTENT as a people shocked angry
And na ONLY mouth we get like person wey sabi chop akara (bean cakes)
you don't understand
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by greatgod2012(f): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2014
Jimi Agbaje............................a man loves by so many lagosians and even non-lagosians
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: you don't understand

Please make me understand.
Please.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Sejj(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2014
anonimi:

He had better make very tight personal security arrangements from now on so what happened to Funsho Williams does not happen to him.

My exact thoughts!

May God be with him.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2014
anonimi:

Please make me understand.
Please.
Who controls the party depends on who controls its structures. To upstage the system, you need to either find an alternative party OR you will be patient to plant like minds that will control the grassroot of the party.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 11:05am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: Who controls the party depends on who controls its structures. To upstage the system, you need to either find an alternative party OR you will be patient to plant like minds that will control the grassroot of the party.

I believe the highlighted part is what I have been saying for many months/years now - we need to POPULATE these parties and slowly make the thugs & touts that CURRENTLY dominate become the minority as it largely was in the 50s & 60s.
Not so
I even said to start early focusing on students in campuses.
There is no short cut, I agree with you.
In fact I can compare it to say one lighted candle in a big room/space of darkness, no impact.
Many lighted candles in the same dark room/space, big impact of revealing and redeeming light for subsequent redress of the imperfections in the previously dark room/space.
Hope you get my drift/analogy.

Again it is over to US to be the change we claim to want, abi ke
No one, no politician will do it for us.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
anonimi:

I believe the highlighted part is what I have been saying for many months/years now - we need to POPULATE these parties and slowly make the thugs & touts that CURRENTLY dominate become the minority as it largely was in the 50s & 60s.
Not so
I even said to start early focusing on students in campuses.
There is no short cut, I agree with you.
In fact I can compare it to say one lighted candle in a big room/space of darkness, no impact.
Many lighted candles in the same dark room/space, big impact of revealing and redeeming light for subsequent redress of the imperfections in the previously dark room/space.
Hope you get my drift/analogy.

Again it is over to US to be the change we claim to want, abi ke
No one, no politician will do it for us.
You just spoke my mind. That requires time, tact and planning.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by anonimi: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: You just spoke my mind. That requires time, tact and planning.

......plus the involvement of all of us who are intellectual/educated/enlightened in order to gradually CROWD OUT those we consider nuisance and who have scared (and continue to scare) us away from getting involved in matters that affect our well being as individuals and as a society.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Xfactoria: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: Jimi Agbaje on PDPs platform has the relative credibility to gv APC a good fight. However, let's analyse other determinants in Next Year's election:

1. The PDP Brand itself
2. Chief Olabode George
3. Senator Musliu Olajide Obanikoro
4. The PDP delegates to the Primaries.

Agbaje has 3 hurculean task in front of him to clinch the PDP's ticket.

1. Olabode George calls the shot in Lagos Politics. He controls the structure of the Party. Jimi needs his "anointing" to fly the flag. Without his anointing, Jimi will lose the party's ticket. If the PDP National office force Jimi on the party, George will repeat what he did to Koro in 2007. Sadly, an alliance with George wl mean working in tandem with corruption.

2. Senator Obanikoro is not a fan of Agbaje. Koro also have a eye on 2015. With Koro in the race, Agbaje's hope is bleeped. Because it is the delegates that decide who fly the flag. Koro has a base in Lagos PDP.

3. The delegates comes in. To upstage George, Jimi needs to take over the structure of the party. He needs to throw money around to match George and Koro. Otherwise, he'll be flogged mercilessly in the primaries.

Agbaje's best bet for 2015 is Labour Party...

While the bolded is true, you failed to consider that Bode George is also desperate to prove a point to Tinubu and Lagos APC. If that would require that he mellows down and accept a candidate with goodwill like Agbaje, do you think he would be stupid not to consider doing that?

People's priority changes with time and I know that the time spent in prison would have dawned some new realities on Bode George. In this sort of game, it would pay a Bode George to compromise his hard stance or crave for control and use Agbaje to get rid of Tinubu's boys. I am sure that all that Bode George wants right now is to revenge his being sent to prison through the influence of Tinubu and possibly get his chance to condemn them to prison too. So don't be surprised if he works fine with Agbaje.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Xfactoria:

While the bolded is true, you failed to consider that Bode George is also desperate to prove a point to Tinubu and Lagos APC. If that would require that he mellows down and accept a candidate with goodwill like Agbaje, do you think he would be stupid not to consider doing that?

People's priority changes with time and I know that the time spent in prison would have dawned some new realities on Bode George. In this sort of game, it would pay a Bode George to compromise his hard stance or crave for control and use Agbaje to get rid of Tinubu's boys. I am sure that all that Bode George wants right now is to revenge his being sent to prison through the influence of Tinubu and possibly get his chance to condemn them to prison too. So don't be surprised if he works fine with Agbaje.
Well you have a point. I hope George bury his ego this time as against 2007. I am not comfortable with Lagos State being a one-Party state. The presence of Viable alternative will force the party in power to work or get kicked.

My Grouse with APC led Lagos State Government are:
1. Inability to construct the 4th Mainland Bridge
2. Multiple taxing
3. Inability to build Low cost houses, similar to what Jakande "Baba Kekere" did
4. The Gov/Dep Gov Pension Law is outrageous(I wonder why the media pretend like it doesn't exist)
5. Lagos State Govt has refused to pass the FOI law nor has the Hosue adopt same
6. The Apha Beta deal is too shrouded in secrecy
7. Many others...

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by PenSniper: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
anonimi:

Wishing is GOOD and very easy - maybe too easy even!
Simply having your voters card and showing/queueing up and actually voting is BETTER!!

Joining either of the two MAIN parties or working towards making another(new) party strong enough to displace these two (APC & PDP), which as you rightly said CURRENTLY "represent everything bad in the books", IMHO is the BEST option!!!

What do you think

Yes, i agree with you. We need parties that are based purely on ideology then politicking can be based on issues.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Finekunlex(f): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
What a mistake!
What a mismatch!
A good candidate just got it wrong..talk about a saintly neophyte deciding to dine with the PDP, a well-known and "established" legion of backwardness, deception and corruption.
Jimi Agbaje just succeded in sullying his ambition in mud.
PDP?..lai lai !

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ohh! What a perfect replacement for the fantastic Fashola, instead of allowing Tinubu to continue with his grip of Gidi.
One thing I'm very sure of is JayKay will reduce LASU and other state school fees wella and he'll cause the FG to reduce that of UNILAG and others.
As for his personal security, Koro should just know he was made a Min. For state for Defence in needs like this and make Jimi his personal project to protect, guard and secure him at all cost.
Nice move by Team-GEJ to cripple tinubu's grip on Lasgidi further...

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by Shayors(m): 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
Good ambition, wrong platform, wrong affliation, all equals to soiled intention, sullied ambition, no actualization

Sorry Jimi, you just missed it.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Declares For PDP, Running For Lagos Guber by abacus(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2014
PenSniper:

Its not about PDP, its about Jimi Agbaje.
Finally, The EAGLE has landed to take Lagos State from 1-man show to the highest peak of progress.

It's not about PDP, it's about Jonathan.. recollect that too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cyprian Emeka Uzoh: Nigerian With Over 160 World Patents / PHOTOS: Buhari Rides Much More Expensive Car Than GEJ / Obiano: 5 Bridges In 2 Years , See The New Bridge - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.