Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94584 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Jiteshell(f): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2014
Queenxstar:
Thank you so much darl, God bless you. I'll work on it.
Sometimes I feel if I keep giving a back to back continuation, the story would never end. From the manuscript, I excluded some of what i counted unnecessary.

Glowingscenes after reading FIGHTING BACK, advised that i skip the unnecessary.
You are right to skip the unnecessary but too much skipping is not good. Yes, let the reader fill in the gap sometimes but don't leave too many gaps to be filled. You would definitely go places xtar.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2014
ok Queen, dont feel bad about this buh Jiteshell is right about that continuation thingy, u know, most times after an update, i have to go back to the very first episode just to get the point and it shouldnt always be so..., i didnt comment on it cos i felt u might be using a newer literary technique that i am yet to know of and besides as a writer (i respect writers a lot), i believe u understand the art of literature very well before coming out here to put something down so like i said earlier, i just assumed it was ur own unique style of writing, and i need to respect that and not blab about something i dont fully understand myself
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 11:00am On Oct 24, 2014
Jeanfortune:
ok Queen, dont feel bad about this buh Jiteshell is right about that continuation thingy, u know, most times after an update, i have to go back to the very first episode just to get the point and it shouldnt always be so..., i didnt comment on it cos i felt u might be using a newer literary technique that i am yet to know of and besides as a writer (i respect writers a lot), i believe u understand the art of literature very well before coming out here to put something down so like i said earlier, i just assumed it was ur own unique style of writing, and i need to respect that and not blab about something i dont fully understand myself
queenxstar Jeanefortune have said my mind
Re: Generation To Generations... by Fatalveli(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, most especially the fans of THEROCK555, I wanna use the medium to inform you all that ur amazing author will be interviewed @ 5pm tomorrow so dat we can all get to know him better.... Follow dis link if u have any questions for Therock555 @. https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/5#1952165.161. I'm pretty sure you all can't afford to miss this...
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
-+*

Oh God please help her. That damn so called emergency meeting! I never wanted to leave as if I knew... I promised to be there with her.

The car screeched to a halt, he bolted out, slammed the door shut before running all the way into the hospital. No one stopped him because they all knew him.

He raced up the stairs in threes, not exercising the patience of the electronic stairs moving him up. As his eyes scanned the tag on each door he passed, he maintained his pace.

He got to the door he was looking for, halt and took quick deep breaths in and out.

'Mum...' Kelvin whispered when he entered.

'Oh honey...' She beamed as she glanced at him and then at the bundle in her arms. 'Behold, the most beautiful baby I've ever set my eyes on.'

He moved close and peered. 'My...my baby.' He choked as tears sting his eyes.

'Yes your baby, my first grand child. ' Darlene couldn't help but chuckle as his reaction as she handed her over.

The baby stirred, stretched and went back to sleep. He held her close to his heart. 'I almost can't believe I'm holding you eventually.' He shut his eyes and exhaled mesmerized. 'My God in heaven, I bless you for your faithfulness, thank you for this precious gift you've given us. I pray that she would fulfil her purpose on earth, you'll teach us to bring her in a godly way.'

'Amen.' Darlene chanted with her eyes closed.

'She will be great, far better than her parents, she will be a force of revolutionalization to the world in Jesus name.'

'Amen.' Darlene said.

He kissed her on the forehead and then, stared down at her scrutinzingly. 'Mum, she is so pretty!'

'Of course dear, she should be, she is very well from a linage of beautiful people. She is more beautiful when her eyes are opened.' Darlene chuckled.

Kelvin handed the baby over and walked over to where his wife laid with a hand on her abdomen. Her eyes were closed.

'Angel are you okay?' He took her hand and knelt beside her.

'I'm... I'm okay.' Katherine opened her eyes and beamed up at him. 'Our beauty has been born dearest.'

'Yes.' He beamed. 'Thank you for her.' He kissed her on the lips and his grip on her hand tightened. 'My sweetness, I am sorry for not being there for you.'

'That may be a good thing in a way, you might have changed your mind about having two boys and a girl.' Her glassy eyes shone.

Kelvin exchanged glances with his mother who smiled like she knew a great secret.

Katherine closed her eyes.

'Do allow her rest honey.'

Just then, Kayla came in white. 'Congratulations Kelly.' She embraced him. 'You've got for yourself a bouncing, healthy and pretty baby girl.'

'I know Kay, thank you so much.'

Kayla turned to her mother who now seated.' Dad is crossed that you did not call to inform him before coming to the hospital. My Sweetheart will soon be here.' Kayla sat beside her mother.

'Where are they?' Camilla bursted in the private ward decorated with pink and white balloons and cards. She cast her bag and car keys aside as she saw the baby. 'Oh my cutie... cutie!' She brimmed with happiness. 'Mummy please let me hold her. Oh my...she is so adorable! My name is Aunt Camilla, I am the one that use to sing for you when you're in your mummy's womb. Oh my...she just smiled at me, she remember me!'

They all chuckled except Katherine.

'Congratulations big bro.' With an arm, she embraced him and kissed him on both cheeks.

'Thanks darling.' Kelvin returned before going to perch on the bed with Katherine.

'I saw a gatherine of the press as I sneaked into the hospital via the back. They would have to swallow the patience pill because the Sigismund take pride in relishing their special moments.' Camilla said before reaching into her bag for her camera.

It's been two years since their marriage.

+*-

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
While I work the aspect of continuity my dearest Jiteshell mentioned, I'll take the option that that's my unique of writing.
I hope it will clearer and better at the end.

As always, your royal pence is highly welcomed.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
Grt job dear, weldone.... Hmmmmm so hapi fr Kelvin n Kathy, dey nw hv a slice frm heavensmiley
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
I really back wat Jit said... It happened in fighting back buh it wasn't much as dis.. Gen 2 Gen no continuity @ll.. I tot it was 'cos of d pressure @ work buh I trust u 2 really improve... I knw u read Switched nd Chocolates nd Sushi... The chapters showed continuation. I hp u undstand me.. Its all 4 ur own gud
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
I hp all is well wit Therine?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hameenat94:
I really back wat Jit said... It happened in fighting back buh it wasn't much as dis.. Gen 2 Gen no continuity @ll.. I tot it was 'cos of d pressure @ work buh I trust u 2 really improve... I knw u read Switched nd Chocolates nd Sushi... The chapters showed continuation. I hp u undstand me.. Its all 4 ur own gud
I think this continuity issue dwells because I'm yet to narrate the reason for the Yekini's and Ezeugo's ordeal.
Re: Generation To Generations... by kennylizzy(f): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
I think Yekini's father was d one that shot Kathy's brother while Ezeugo was her uncle dat threw her out of her father's house. Thanks queenxstar more mb to ur fone
Re: Generation To Generations... by lyzee21(f): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
Weldone my queen. Am so hapy 4 kathy nd kel.
Re: Generation To Generations... by princesssusan(f): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2014
Woa! Congrats to sigimund queen when is d next update komn?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ten years later,

'Honey, did you intend to take your camera and forget it in the sitting room?' Katherine looked elegant in a well tailored designers skirt suit.

Marigold Franklin Sigismund, taller than her age, an exact replica of her dad's American complexion, beautiful with a face that was almost always smiling collected the cased camera. Her younger brother had once told her that if she was to be an animal, she would have been a Cheshire cat.

She was in a well trimmed designers skirt and she walked side by side her mum to the Jeep. She also carried her mum's hand bag.

'Thanks mum, I would have felt bad if I got to the school show just to realise I left it at home, mum you're a darling. ' She beamed and it was so identical to her father's except for the display of gap tooth which she took from her mum. Some familiar with the family says she looked more like the dad than the mum but others argued otherwise.

'I'm glad.' She said just before she pressed the receive key of her mobile phone that was vibrating. 'Excuse me hon.' She glanced at her ten year old daughter before raising the phone to her ears. 'How're you dear... you very know that I can't be the office until three hours...if they can wait till then...thanks...later.'

'That was important right?' She glanced at her mother.

'Maybe.' She shrugged and opened the driver side of the car. 'My angel was booked far before the call of today. Everything has to be done according to priority. Get into the car Goldie.'

'I'm glad you're coming for I've got a surprise for you and daddy.' She said after strapping her seat belt.

Soon the car was revving down the road.

'Remember the letter my school posted on its show, I am the script writer of the drama feature.'

'No honey!' Katherine glanced at her.

'Yes mummy!' Marigold retaliated in the same vein. 'You and dad said my short stories were wonderful so before school exams started, I took them to school to do some sorting, Mr Li stumbled on it, he read and said it was good. The stories were transferred to some other teachers in the lower grade and then some others in the higher grades. Two weeks later, the head of the literal department sent for me. She said to me-

"Your stories are fabulous."

"Thank you ma" I replied.

"Marigold darling, how about writing a story with this title?" She handed me a slip with a title and few tips.

'I...I'll like to ma." I replied.

"Can you be done in three weeks?"

"I should be but if I'm unable to ma, I'll inform you."

I wrote it and submitted three days after the assigned time. A couple of days after, she said to me- "Marigold, you're the script writer of the drama the high graders will be performing for the school show and I also learnt that you're the daughter to the business shakers, Kelvin and Katherine Sigismund."

"Yes ma!'' I readily replied.' Marigold burst into laughter.

'That is great Marigold! I'm actually surprised but honey, why did you decide to keep it to yourself until now?'

'Marijory is making a special presentation today and she's keeping it a surprise to her parents so I decided it was cool for me to do so.'

'Hmmm...' She resolved thoughtfully as she brought the car to a halt at the red sign of traffic light.

'Professionals and Judges are going to be present, the press too. If the drama picks an award and commendation, it will be shown on TV. I will have an opportunity of being tutored by some of the best writers.'

'Now I am assured that you're hearty about your talent, your dad and I promise to support you all the way.'

'I love you so more mummy!' Marigold said gleefully.

Katherine narrowed her brows as she took a turn. 'Why so more, and not so much?'

Marigold exhaled. 'Daddy is filling the much space in such a way that I can't squeeze in besides, I don't have what it takes to compete with him.'

She laughed hard and long barely unable to wait to share with her husband. 'I'll tell my treasure.'

'I can do you the honors mum.'

Katherine chuckled.

Bennedict Franklin Sigismund was on a trip with his father while Marijory Sigisfried who was nine years old was Kenneth and Kayla adorable daughter and Marigold best friend, with exactly a year between them.

Three years after daughter, the Sigisfried welcomed identical twin boys.

+++

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
thanks queen for this update

am really enjoying the story
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice one dear
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Jeanfortune:
Same here too... Was just thinking mayb datz ur own STYLE of writing, even tho @ tyms i wld hv loved to see the continuation of a particular chapter or even chapters... All in all u re really doing a grt job... Jisike!
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
so their pikin too sabi something wella
make I come book am for my little cousin jare

Tnx for da update queen despite the busy schedule
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
+*-
'These are brother-in-laws, my sisters, ' Yekini felt the overwhelming urge to be on his feet as he did the introduction and so, he was on his feet. 'That is my mother and I am the son of the man that...that shot your brother.'

Katherine shut both eyes with a palm raised and pin drop silence prevailed. For a minute, she had no iota of doubt that she was having a horrible day mare.

'Can you repeat your last statement?' Katherine rose slowly.

'That is... that is true.' Yerima said, expecting any device to be hurled at him soonest.

Her eyes blinked severally in utter shock. 'You...you are family of the uniformed man that murdered... that terminated the life of my brother.' She had raised an index finger. 'Leave this company now.'

'My...my daughter...' Aisha began.

Sharply and furiously, Katherine interrupted her. 'Heaven forbids! Get out of his office within this second!' Instantly, her palm descended on a button on the desk and in thirty seconds, five security men entered the office.

'Usher them out.'

The security didn't hesitate, having never seen their boss so upset.

Katherine stared at closed door and then, her eyes closed because everything around her seemed to spinning.

She staggered and her gave a silence splitting scream.

Before Evelyn, her secretary rushed in, she had already slumped in a cushion chair and her head was buried in her palms.

'Ma, are you all right?'

'I am...I'm... ' She sighed. 'Evelyn cancel all my appointment, I want to see nobody and received no phone calls.'

'Yes ma but are...?'

'Don't worry about me.'

Evelyn took a couple of glances before finally shutting the door.

Katherine raised her head and stared into space, her tears flowed freely.

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
kennylizzy:
I think Yekini's father was d one that shot Kathy's brother while Ezeugo was her uncle dat threw her out of her father's house. Thanks queenxstar more mb to ur fone
We are about to find out dearest.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
princesssusan:
Woa! Congrats to sigimund queen when is d next update komn?
it's been served dearie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
boladex1:
thanks queen for this update

am really enjoying the story
I appreciate your comment sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
Queenxstar:
I appreciate your comment sweetie.

You r welcome

still following
Re: Generation To Generations... by onosj(f): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
4 d wicked, a day will always come when u think u are safe nd happy. But suddenly ur joy will turn 2 betterness in ur mouth, nd u will know dat u are paying some debts. Katherine put urself 2gether!! They are paying 4 d evil they did 2 ur family.
Re: Generation To Generations... by lyzee21(f): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice 1 Queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
Good job.....Queenxstar
Re: Generation To Generations... by ESIXLOVE: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
nice work. But i have a question.
How did they know that kathrine is the very girl whose brother their father murdered with impunity since the whole scene was over a decade.

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:43am On Oct 31, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
nice work. But i have a question.
How did they know that kathrine is the very girl whose brother their father murdered with impunity since the whole scene was over a decade.
Good question, that will be explained. Remember that her brother death was carried by the press and Katherine was interviewed once by the press. She is an international face now, with a good detective, they would be able to locate her.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2014
Queenxstar:
Good question, that will be explained. Remember that her brother death was carried by the press and Katherine was interviewed once by the press. She is an international face now, with a good detective, they would be able to locate her.
ma darling wen r u starting a new story?
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 9:10am On Oct 31, 2014
Kathy shouldn't have done dat she should just forgive n forget though it might not seem so easy but she should just try

I know she can

BTW queen nice update n hope u r gud too
Re: Generation To Generations... by princesssusan(f): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2014
Hmmm life at times could be so unpredictable, gr8t! One queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bluestarry:
ma darling wen r u starting a new story?
New story ke! I will be starting a post graduate course by Nov, I doubt if I'll be able to do a combo. If I can, I trust it'll be on my blog.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / The Silent Lover / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.