Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94722 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Hector90(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
I jst read tru d pages nd finally i'm here. Nyc story line,gud use of tenses bt 4 sum typo errors. So far so gud,my queen u r doin gr8t. Can i join dis wonderful family?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 7:33am On Oct 17, 2014
Hector90:
I jst read tru d pages nd finally i'm here. Nyc story line,gud use of tenses bt 4 sum typo errors. So far so gud,my queen u r doin gr8t. Can i join dis wonderful family?
ofcourse, u are already welcome
Re: Generation To Generations... by Emzypaz(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2014
Good morning my country people.
I am here on an errand from the kings and queens of the literature section. We have decided to organise an interview once in a week(writers and readers inclusive)
Do you want to know more about your writer? Go into that thread and nominate your favourite writer to be interviewed.
*Nomination kicks off from now till 5pm.
NB: Everybody is free to ask question when the interview is on.
The link to the thread is....https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv#27213088
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hector90:
Welcome to the royal family sweetheart.
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 5:52am On Oct 18, 2014
Madam how you dey? Been waiting for your update. I need to know how it will end o, especially their kafiyat's family. Weldone ma
Re: Generation To Generations... by Phlakes(f): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2014
I'm loving this, weldone queen, more grace
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2014

'My o my! ' Basirat exclaimed. 'This is beautiful, in fact, this is out of this world!'

Kafayat swirled in the sparkling wedding gown designed with imperial pearls.

Basirat shrieked and cheered in obvious delight. 'I've never seen any wedding gown so beautiful in my entire life.'

'It's just like my sweetheart elder sister in Los Angeles took a peep into my mind. I couldn't have have ask for anything more beautiful.' She hugged her herself with her arms.

'I'm so happy for you darling. Saheed is a wonderful man and I am not surprised, we've all been blessed with dedicated husbands.' Basirat beamed and stole a glance at her elder sister who winked at her and she chuckled.

Joyous, Kafayat couldn't help but cat walk once in the centre of the sitting wing of their father's house as though she was on the run way.

The Shakirat's twin daughters and Basirat's triplet were with their grand mum in her bedroom.

Basirat had started bleeding about fifteen minutes after delivery and the only way to save her life was an immediate removal of her womb.

It had taken the faces of the triplet, her husband, family and psychotherapy for her to feel like a woman again.

+++

With her arms outstretched, looking more elegant than ever before in immaculate white wedding gown without a train but fully designed with gem stones she slowly swirled to the music playing.

The last family photograph she took with her family was projected on the screen in the large banquet hall.

Mon enfant, ma baby girl
Voici venu le moment tant appréhendé
Où je dois te conduire, Bras dessus, bras
dessous
A celui qui prendra ta main
Devant Dieu et devant les hommes
Ton prince charmant, A qui tu diras oui
Pour le meilleur et pour le pire

Jesu tche,
Hwelin ganto tche,
Wa se de tche,
Ovi tche we
Nin dji djo ho,
Assou dagbe,
Kpo vi dji dji,
Dona dona ni tche
Gbe he me mite sien
Azon she ma dike,
Ma kpe nou kounwe go
Dje dje vignin baby girl
Dje die hoin be sou gnonnou eh

Omon mi baby girl,
I wo ti mon feran oh,
To fe lo si ilé oko
Adouwa mon gba foun e, K’oloroun mi ma
baelo

Though I hate to see you go
I know you have your life to live
And I can see love in your eyes
The sun shines brightly in your heart
You’re never been so beautiful
And you can see my joy and pride for you

Katherine smiled as she swayed from left to right, she felt so much peace. Now she can think about her family with remorse. God had blessed her beyond comparison and had given her a family who adored her.

Though your smile I see your tears
Take his hand my baby girl,
And be his wife forever more
The time has come for you to go
Wipe your tears and never fear
Cause I will always be right here for you

Katherine did justice to the music with her dance steps, all the dance class she had attended with her mother-in- law and the knew before were paying off and soon enough the Secretary General of the Biennial Business Administration Awards joined her on the dance floor.

She had requested to be alone for the first couple of minutes of the song. Kelvin who was radiating in his grey tuxedo had half expected her to cry because she knew she was taking that time to pay tribute to her departed family.

Franklin joined the duo on the dance floor as the "Afro-akpala-funk", Nel Oliver's baby girl still filled the air waves.

He embraced her and they danced together. Franklin had gotten the greatest surprise of his life when she had asked him a couple of week ago to be one to walk her down the aisle. He had wanted to know why and she went ahead to tell him about her family. She had also added that she was choosing him because he was the first fatherly figure that believe in her after the demise of her Dad.

Tu sais j’ai tant rêvé
De pouvoir te garder,
Sans jamais t’partager
Mon enfant, ma baby girl,
Ton prince charmant est arrivé
I never thought you’d leave me, Soon for
anyone
So hard to let you go,
Oh my child, my baby girl
The time has come to live your life

The song ended with Katherine in her husband arms. 'Are you okay my Sweetness?'

She smiled up at him before nodding.

He kissed her knowingly.

Just then, the master of ceremony introduced the presence of the one who had being named a legend from birth.

They all cheered at John Legend presence.

Kelvin and Katherine exchanged a surprise look but soon enough, they were dancing so well to the danceable rendition of one of their favorite song- All of me.

What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You got my head spinning, no kidding,
I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me,
but I'll be alright

My head's underwater
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and
I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh...

Darlene dancing with her younger brother smiled satisfactorily as she stole another glance at the couple who were laughing at the dance steps Kelvin was doing.

She saw to the musician presence as a wedding gift  to her son and her daughter, who had being both a blessing and a bundle of joy to her family.

She glance at her first daughter, Kayla and Kenneth who were both dancing like it was their wedding. Her eyes strayed to the diamond ring that sat proudly in her engagement finger and beamed.

She was indeed grateful to God.

The transportation division of SIC had released two airplanes for the wedding. One of which had filled from Nigeria.

Most of the staff of Nigeria and Ghanaian branch, Katherine's pastor and his wife, Obika, Chidozie and Oluchukwu alongside their parents had joined the plane.

Dignitaries in Nigeria, USA and other countries had honoured the couple with their presence.

Gifts and well wishes started pouring as soon as the wedding announcement was made.

SIC Nigeria as a joint gift for their formal bosses had invited Flavor to do wedding anthem-Ada Ada.

With Katherine in the centre and all other West African guests present, they danced so well tweaking the upper and lower part of their bodies, male and female alike leaving others envious.

Kelvin had handed over to Olaide after he proposed to Katherine, that same weekend, he had gotten married to his heart throb.

He was taking charge of the oldest SIC which was also the head quarters worldwide right there in USA.

He didn't want a distant marriage.

As Lionel Richie crowned the ceremony with -All night long.

Obika, Chidozie and Oluchukwu at the fore front led them all to uniform dance steps that was fun filled.

Soon the couple boarded the helicopter to their honeymoon venue to return in a week to best Kayla and Kenneth.

As Camilla said her goodbye barely breathless, she knew there was a part that she would never forget being the wedding planner.

Kelvin and Katherine exchange at the church,

'You're my treasure of inesteemable value.' Kelvin began.

'You mean the world to me my love, I won't give you away for the treasures of this world.' She said solemnly looking deep into his eyes.

'You're my missing rib sweetheart and now that I am joined to you, I am complete.'

'You're the complete epitome of my dream man, the angel of my heart, the very one sent to set my life in order. I love and respect  you so very much Kelvin Sigismund.'

'I love you so much more Katherine Sigismund.' He winked at her and pulled her instantly into his arms for a long and passionate kiss.

The congregation had rose to applaud them.

Precious who was now married and in the early stage of pregnancy had fetched a whistle from her purse and blew continuously unable to contain her joy.

Camilla beamed. She had gathered all the needed knowledge from both of her big sisters and she trusted God for the man from whose rib she was created.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the latest couple in the whole wide world, Mr and Mrs Sigismund!' The officiating minister announced.

+++

4 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
I had to keep my promise come what may, do pardon the errors in my update, I proofread and modify in the course of the week.
I hope you all are okay.

Do not forget to share your thoughts
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Madam how you dey? Been waiting for your update. I need to know how it will end o, especially their kafiyat's family. Weldone ma
I'm fine dearest.
By God's grace, we will see the end of this story.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Phlakes:
I'm loving this, weldone queen, more grace
Thanks darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
thanks queen for this update and am happy for kat she really deserve the best.
but i dont understand basirat story at all am not just connecting with it as am not flowing with the story.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
boladex1:
but i dont understand basirat story at all am not just connecting with it as am not flowing with the story.

About Basirat, remember she was pregnant and was delivered of triplet, while the doctor was congratulating the family he was summoned because she developed complications.

Hope it's clearer.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
boladex1:

About Basirat, remember she was pregnant and was delivered of triplet, while the doctor was congratulating the family he was summoned because she developed complications.

Hope it's clearer dear .
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
Queenxstar:

Hope it's clearer dear .

ok ooo
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Queenxstar:

Hope it's clearer dear .
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Wow ! Speechless!!! Hmmmmsmiley this writeup is sooo kool... Tnx fr d lovely update dear.... Was really feeling d lyrics of d songs as well..8-)
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Queeen, I so much love the last update. Infact, I love you.
Do you know that i never get tired of listening to Legend's 'all of me'? And that Richie is one of my favourite? Wishing kathy and Kel a happy married life.
Thanks for updating ma
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Queeen, I so much love the last update. Infact, I love you.
Do you know that i never get tired of listening to Legend's 'all of me'? And that Richie is one of my favourite? Wishing kathy and Kel a happy married life.
Thanks for updating ma
We share more than one thing in common.
I appreciate your royal pence and I love you too.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2014
nnekamezor:
Wow ! Speechless!!! Hmmmmsmiley this writeup is sooo kool... Tnx fr d lovely update dear.... Was really feeling d lyrics of d songs as well..8-)
I'm sure you did
.I appreciate your royal pence as always.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
Still dancing oh!!!! C as they 5n 4 their wedding attire finish... Buh Hess u no do me nd Tonye well @ll.. C as we dance so te our body com de ache...im xo happy 4 both Kel nd Therine... Wonderful!
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2014
Hameenat94:
Still dancing oh!!!! C as they 5n 4 their wedding attire finish... Buh Hess u no do me nd Tonye well @ll.. C as we dance so te our body com de ache...im xo happy 4 both Kel nd Therine... Wonderful!
Thank you dearest.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Daintydaisy(f): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
This is wonderful, u do knw how 2keep one glued. Keep up d gud work.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello Sweeties... Its tym 4 literature awards again dis yr.. As princesses nd Princes of this Kingdom lets all move in Mass out of our Royal bouquet 2 nominate our Queen in d Nomination thread... So dat will make her 2 win in d awards.. Pls lets encourage our Queen nd a Sister.. #waiting 4 y'all
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2014

'Please honeymu talk to me, tell what have I done to deserve this kind of treatment?' Ezinne Ezeugo knelt beside her husband with both of her palms opened before her.

'Your appointment with the consultant was today, what did he say?' His eyes didn't leave the newsprint his eyes was on.

Despite the fact that for about three minutes, she had been pleading with her husband, willing him to say something, anything but not the silent treatment he had been leashing out on her, the sudden sound of his voice and iciness accompanied with it made her shudder.

'Emmm...I... some foreign doctors also visited and after examination and other routine. They all confirmed me medically okay to conceive.' Tears formed in her eyes. 'I have prayed, you know I have done everything required of me.' She entwined her palms and exhaled as the first set of tears rolled down her cheeks. 'You know I didn't mess up my life, I was a virgin till our wedding night. ' With her knees, she moved close to him and rested her palm on his knees. 'Please honey, I beg you...' Her voice trembled. 'Please don't ever leave me...please. You're my life, if you leave, I will die. I beg of you, please don't leave and marry someone else...' Her voice trailed off as she began to sob.

'What makes you think I want to marry another?' Marcus cast the newsprint aside to give her a scrutinizing look.

She lowered her gaze momentarily and then swallowed hard. 'You haven't said a word to me for over twenty four hours...you haven't touched my meals and... and that's how all begins.'

A smile formed on his lips as he placed a palm beneath his chin. 'Nne, you're a fantastic cook denying myself of your meals with no ideal replacement is not wise. I am disturbed, close to a score years without a child to show for i is... is I don't know what to even say.' He exhaled and ran his finger through his low cut hair with a touch of grey.

Ezinne heaved.

'Ladies try to take advantage of this challenge to make advances but I refuse because when I married you, it was for better and worst. Besides...I... I don't even know if the probability of another lady conceiving for me. I love you too much for all that "trial and error" mess.' She pulled her close and plant a kiss on her forehead.

She exhaled as relief flooded her almost bursting into hysterical laughter.

'Imagine my four year niece dead after being raped to death by the house boy, my brother had employed and since then, Ngozi had been unable to conceive again. Enough of science and technology, Azubuike and I will be going to see a spiritualist tomorrow.'

The information hit her like a bolt from the blue but she dare not protest.

+++

3 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
The palace is too quiet. Where is everyone?

Olansgee
fragilegal
grocery
sebak
lexaydfg
Bluestarry
onosj
queenjuli
yinxfun
Repteam
TaiwoAdeyemi054
Benjaminbest
Adebayomolara
Divepen
ALAYORMII
stilldre7
adeyemikenny5
PrinxArthur1
balash
Aliyuozioma
Dyoungstar
Phlakes
hassan85
uchebest2006
nnekamezor
Jeanfortune
TiffanyJ
Chimaritoponcho:
Topsy42
Jomrichy
Jomrichy1
Khemyte
imohcyril
WizyJ88
solace8
kennybelle
pinetulips
Anthony4578
kingphilip
wharldkhing
sEGXY2
Fehmy25s
youngprofdguru
slimfredo
buoye1
Balley
gal10
Rajosh
Bossforeva
Ziziola
Switcommy

Holla!!!
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nyc update as ever.... *operations looking 4 all of them*
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hameenat94:
Hello Sweeties... Its tym 4 literature awards again dis yr.. As princesses nd Princes of this Kingdom lets all move in Mass out of our Royal bouquet 2 nominate our Queen in d Nomination thread... So dat will make her 2 win in d awards.. Pls lets encourage our Queen nd a Sister.. #waiting 4 y'all
What will I do without your smart mind dearest? Thank you.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
which palace?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Queenxstar:

Olansgee
fragilegal
grocery
sebak
lexaydfg
Bluestarry
onosj
queenjuli
yinxfun
Repteam
TaiwoAdeyemi054
Benjaminbest
Adebayomolara
Divepen
ALAYORMII
stilldre7
adeyemikenny5
PrinxArthur1
balash
Aliyuozioma
Dyoungstar
Phlakes
hassan85
uchebest2006
nnekamezor
Jeanfortune
TiffanyJ
Chimaritoponcho:
Topsy42
Jomrichy
Jomrichy1
Khemyte
imohcyril
WizyJ88
solace8
kennybelle
pinetulips
Anthony4578
kingphilip
wharldkhing
sEGXY2
Fehmy25s
youngprofdguru
slimfredo
buoye1
Balley
gal10
Rajosh
Bossforeva
Ziziola
Switcommy

Holla!!!
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Queenxstar:

Olansgee
fragilegal
grocery
sebak
lexaydfg
Bluestarry
onosj
queenjuli
yinxfun
Repteam
TaiwoAdeyemi054
Benjaminbest
Adebayomolara
Divepen
ALAYORMII
stilldre7
adeyemikenny5
PrinxArthur1
balash
Aliyuozioma
Dyoungstar
Phlakes
hassan85
uchebest2006
nnekamezor
Jeanfortune
TiffanyJ
Chimaritoponcho:
Topsy42
Jomrichy
Jomrichy1
Khemyte
imohcyril
WizyJ88
solace8
kennybelle
pinetulips
Anthony4578
kingphilip
wharldkhing
sEGXY2
Fehmy25s
youngprofdguru
slimfredo
buoye1
Balley
gal10
Rajosh
Bossforeva
Ziziola
Switcommy

Holla!!!
hi dearie
Re: Generation To Generations... by Jeanfortune(f): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Queenxstar:

Olansgee
fragilegal
grocery
sebak
lexaydfg
Bluestarry
onosj
queenjuli
yinxfun
Repteam
TaiwoAdeyemi054
Benjaminbest
Adebayomolara
Divepen
ALAYORMII
stilldre7
adeyemikenny5
PrinxArthur1
balash
Aliyuozioma
Dyoungstar
Phlakes
hassan85
uchebest2006
nnekamezor
Jeanfortune
TiffanyJ
Chimaritoponcho:
Topsy42
Jomrichy
Jomrichy1
Khemyte
imohcyril
WizyJ88
solace8
kenny
right here dearie
Re: Generation To Generations... by sebak(f): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
Sup Queen, nyc update but cldnt unstnd it dt much but dnt worry i'll keep my fingers cross

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply)

The Silent Lover / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.