Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94706 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Hector90(m): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
I jst luv d way u are goin abt dis end part. Wel done my queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
-*+

'If God wants you to listen to them there would be a confirmation. Mum you'll see them again.' Her daughter had whispered to her just as she dropped off she and her brother at school earlier in day.

It was about noon when the chief security officer had brought the announcement of both the presence of the Yerima's and Ezeugo's family.

She folded the note and handed it over to him. 'Give this note to anyone of them and let them go.'

'Would that be all ma'am?' He inquired.

'Thank you so much Elvis and that would be all.' Katherine smiled up at him before capping her pen.

He gave a low bow before proceeding with the instruction.

Katherine drummed her pen momentarily on the desk before going through the report the account department had presented.

+*-

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2014

'Mrs Katherine, we sincerely appreciate you and your husband for the invitation and reception in your home.' Tobi acknowledged on his feet.

'Please sit Tobi.' Katherine was dressed simply and sitted beside her husband on a three-sitter couch.

They had made their familiar strangers comfortable in one of the sitting rooms in the mansion and they served them with freshly made juice, home made cookies and water.

Kelvin had insisted they all tasted something before any conversation.

'You all had to fly over mountains, hills, valleys, nations and so on to be here, considering the faces before me, I'm inquisitive.' She pursed her lips momentarily. 'I am inquisitive to know what the family of the man who killed my brother and indirectly killed my father and rendered me without a family leaving me with hell as a major option is willing to say to me.'

The Yerimas lowered their gaze and the women exhaled.

She narrowed her brows and glanced in the direction of her uncles and their wives. 'I am also inquisitive to know what some so called uncles has to say when could have prevented the death of their nephew and their elder half brother who gave them love, education and a better life. ' She grimaced. 'You did killed them before they died in reality. And then you placed your niece in hell.'

Tears dropped down Ezinne's eyes and she hastily wiped them off.

Ngozi had not being married when Katherine was sent out of her father's property but she seen enough photographs and stories but she had only shrugged them all away.
She knew her husband built an admirable mansion in which they lived where her late brother-in-law and family used to live.

She hadn't bother to ask about the girl.
If her husband wasn't bothered who was she to ask.

'Since your offences are equal on my scale, so any side can go first.' She raised an index finger thoughtfully. 'What's the name of the monster that killed my brother?' Her eyes were fixed on Aishat.

'Moshud Yekini.' The weight of the reality of the penalty of what her family, generation and generations to come will face had taken its toll on the once outspoken, tall, plumb, fairskinned and beautiful Aisha. The very one who had being the envy of most women because she had being the best jewelries seller in the country in so much that the creme de la creme in the country had patronized her when she was in business.

There she sat void of make up and jeweleries which she couldn't do without afore time.

'Say that again.'

'Moshud Yekini.' She repeated slowly and flatly.

'Go ahead.' Katherine sat back.

Kelvin studied all of their faces and the tension was palpable.

'At first, we thought it was ordinary,' Yerima began, 'a dark cloud that was soon to give way for dawn. 'We were a bonded family and cherished every fellowship we had.
One of such occurred many years back and we were there to grace the birthday party of the son of my eldest sister, Shakirat. He was hale and healthy but a week later, he went to take his bath. He had just stepped into the bath tub and had not turned on the shower. In fact, he still had his towel around him.'

'Suddenly, I heard a shriek, worst than anything I've ever heard in my entire life.' Tobi, the husband to Shakirat continued. 'By the time I got to the bathroom from my sturdy, Prince's body was motionless and without a trace of injury or blood oozing from any part. I rushed him to the hospital but it was more like an effort to prove him clinically dead.' He swallowed.

Shakirat eyes were filled with tears. 'I couldn't believe it...I just couldn't comprehend while death would snuff life out of my son, a ten years old.' Though it's been close to a couple of decade, the pain was still evident in her voice. 'I just couldn't believe he was gone.'

'It was like a mirage to me because I spoke to him the night before.' Yerima shrugged. 'The announcement of his death by the doctor gave my father a daze he never recovered from.'

Katherine sat up and exchanged glance with her husband.

'Are you trying to tell my wife and I that Moshud is dead?'

'Yes sir.' Yerima replied.

Katherine almost laughed but it didn't surface. 'You've got to be kidding me.' She raised a palm and dropped it. 'That's not possible!'

They all stared at her bewildered.

'Dear darl, you don't believe them, do you?' She gave a short laugh and a quick a look at Kelvin.

Kelvin knew it was a rhetorical question so he only smiled.

'Come on you all!' She beamed as she adjusted to the edge of the sofa. 'Don't tell me he's somewhere six feet below. That's ridiculous!' She opened a palm and bobbed her head from side to side with her eyes gleaming. 'If this is information is some kind of strategy, you all have to go back to the drawing board.' She furrowed her brows.

Yerima spirit sank.

'I remembered a crowd gathered and begged, I remembered my brother prostrating on a dirty and dusty road, I was on my knees too, all pleading with this one man to no avail.' She paused and glared at them. 'So, I drew my conclusion, who wouldn't anyway. ' She laughed heartily.

Her uncles panicked at her choice of humor. It was going to be difficult, very difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
I apologize for my inconsistency, it wasn't deliberate. please do share your thoughts before exiting.

I see new faces reading, welcome on board.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hector90:
I jst luv d way u are goin abt dis end part. Wel done my queen
Thanks darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
Weldone dearie n tnx fr d update
Re: Generation To Generations... by MightyFortress: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2014
Excellent...
Re: Generation To Generations... by jaymomma(f): 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
D Yerima's now know the meaning of the phrase "Karma is a bit'ch"
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
Weldon queen!! ride on
Re: Generation To Generations... by kingphilip(m): 3:26am On Nov 08, 2014
it's really going to b difficult since they made life difficult for ha

BTW queen tnx for the update I really do appreciate
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
thanks queenxstar for the update. its not gonna be easy for all the confessors cos kathy will have the last laugh but i know she will also forgive them and also pray for them. i wish soldier yerima was alive to see how his grandchildren were dieing.
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
a female singer once sang a song and she said,"remind of this, that with every decision, generations will reap what i sow, i could pass on a curse or blessing to those (children) i will never know" how true the words of the singer. i feel so sorry for the offenders and though Our God is full of mercies, we will ve to reap what we sow, good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Hector90(m): 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dis is a true defination of creativity. I jst tink u should work on d emotional aspect of d three parties(i mean 2 share more of their emotional views 2 us) weldone my queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
well i think that she should compassion on the yerimas because they did not commit or participate in the act but suffering for the sins because they shared blood with the culprit
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
boladex1:
well i think that she should compassion on the yerimas because they did not commit or participate in the act but suffering for the sins because they shared blood with the culprit
B Baby, in the course of the story we would know if they participated or not.

Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hector90:
Dis is a true defination of creativity. I jst tink u should work on d emotional aspect of d three parties(i mean 2 share more of their emotional views 2 us) weldone my queen
I'll try my best darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
lenmafon:
a female singer once sang a song and she said,"remind of this, that with every decision, generations will reap what i sow, i could pass on a curse or blessing to those (children) i will never know" how true the words of the singer. i feel so sorry for the offenders and though Our God is full of mercies, we will ve to reap what we sow, good or bad.

Fabulous input darling!
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
lenmafon:
thanks queenxstar for the update. its not gonna be easy for all the confessors cos kathy will have the last laugh but i know she will also forgive them and also pray for them. i wish soldier yerima was alive to see how his grandchildren were dieing.

Abi o, typical case of "the evil men do living after them.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
kingphilip:
it's really going to b difficult since they made life difficult for ha

BTW queen tnx for the update I really do appreciate
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
nnekamezor:
Weldone dearie n tnx fr d update

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Katherine almost laughed but it didn't surface. 'You've got to be kidding me.' She raised a palm and dropped it. 'That's not possible!'

They all stared at her bewildered.

'Dear darl, you don't believe them, do you?' She gave a short laugh and a quick a look at Kelvin.

Kelvin knew it was a rhetorical question so he only smiled.

'Come on you all!' She beamed as she adjusted to the edge of the sofa. 'Don't tell me he's somewhere six feet below. That's ridiculous!' She opened a palm and bobbed her head from side to side with her eyes gleaming. 'If this is information is some kind of strategy, you all have to go back to the drawing board.' She furrowed her brows.  'I remembered a crowd gathered and begged, I remembered my brother prostrating on a dirty and dusty road, I was on my knees too, all pleading with this one man to no avail.' She paused and glared at them. 'So, I draw my  conclusion, who wouldn't anyway. ' She laughed.

Her uncles panicked at her choice of humor. It was going to be difficult, very difficult.

Suddenly, Katherine shook her head and her brows darkened. 'You can't come along and tell me he is prone to and subjected to the inevitable of all humans because at sixteen it was clear, it was succinct, I saw a monster, a supposedly super man...a god.' She had gesticulated with her palm.

Katherine waited as though thoughtful before giving them a scrutinizing glance, 'No...no, are you sure you did not bury him alive? '

She looked so doubtful that the Yekinis couldn't help but nod.

She clapped her hands and chuckled. 'Wonders shall never really cease from under the sun. Come to think of it...how could I have forgotten, ha!' Katherine had a convinced expression. 'I get it! He did not get back up from the police, airforce and family and most importantly, his gun wasn't with him that's why death took him.'

They stared stunned.

'Talk to me,' Her voice had raised slightly. 'I really want to know.'

'We don't know.' Basirat blurted.

'Oh! They - don't - know, can you hear that sweetheart?'

'Yeah.' He said calmly.

'How did he die?' She sat back and entwined her arms.

'He fell off the stairs and became unconscious after receiving the news.' Aisha began. 'He was in intensive care afterwards but his condition deteriorated and kept getting worst that he had to depend on some medical devices to carry out metabolic activities. Three days later, ' She paused momentarily, 'he died.'

They had expected Katherine to react but she just looked on blankly.

'We mourned the dead and took it with a -God gives and God takes kind of attitude. A year later, just a week to the birthday party of my niece, the daughter of my sister Basirat. Binta was her name,' Yerima sighed and rubbed his palms together as if drawing strength from the act. 'She became unusually quiet.'

'From the time she became six, her count down to her birthday party was a month before. She practically planned her parties- how she wanted it, who would be invited and all. ' Her eyes gleamed as a smile formed on her lips.
'She was an orderly child. Just like Yerima was saying, when no interest was forth coming about her birthday, I had to go remind her and she told me she wasn't interested in celebrating and wouldn't like to hear talks about it.' Basirat exhaled.

'I thought she was joking, which child doesn't like to celebrate his or her birthday, so I tried convincing her to no avail. I was shocked but my husband and I went ahead with plans for the celebration hoping She would change her mind.
A week to her birthday, She became unusual quiet and withdrawn.' Her eyes got clouded. 'I should have know... I should have know, what was the big deal about celebrating birthday anyways.' She lamented and shook her head. 'On the D day, my husband and I came to her room to wish her a happy birthday... ' She sighed once more and her tears flowed.

Habeeb Adams, her husband bowed his head as he tried unsuccessfully to fight back tears as the memories of her face padded with a red stained towel.

'She loved to draw and make paper decorations. That morning, she was standing on a high stool and hanging some decorations.' Basirat bit her lower lips momentarily and swallowed hard. 'Out of excitement after we gave the announcement, Binta jumped straight up to the mercy of the blades of the ceiling fan.'

Ngozi gasped and the rest of the Ezeugos went wide eyed.

Katherine squinted her eyes.

Kelvin frowned.

'She landed with blood oozing from various part of her head, it was so bloody and gory nothing could be done to save her, her body jerked for a couple of minutes before it became still.' Basirat shook her head sobbed as quietly as She could afraid to offend their host and hostess.

Habeeb told them about the triplets and the lost of his wife's womb. He narrated how the triplets had been sickly, so bad that three of them had being admitted on several occasions despite all of them having the genotype AA.

They all listened with rapt attention.

'Three dead loved ones, it was hard to recover and then I receive my share, though not death.' Yerima went ahead to narrate ordeal of his fiancee who left, returned his engagement ring and claimed she would have died if she had married him.
'We moved on with our lives but peace eluded us, the happiness, bond we used to share begin to wane.' Yerima cough to clear his voice and reached out to sip water. ' Time passed to become years and the turbulent water seemed to be still. Then came the day for my younger sister, Kafayat who is not present here today to be married. She was to be married to the man she loved and he, adored her. They had being childhood friends.'

His family members were shaking their head and Aisha was sobbing with no one attempting to comfort her.

'Her fiance's father was a formal inspector general of police and my dad's bestie. It was rather unfortunate, that on his way to the church for the wedding ceremony, he was involved in a road traffic accident that claimed his life.

Katherine could have exclaimed but she restrained herself and uncrossed her legs. Something struck her at the information Yerima provided about the deceased father.

'When my baby sister heard the news she was devastated. Even till today, she is on psychotic drugs to keep her mentally balanced. The....'

'Who did you say the guy's father was? ' Katherine inquired calmly.

'An ex I G of police in Nigeria.'

'An IG during the period my brother was murdered, when your father was at his peak in the airforce. He helped in sending your father into the thick cloud after his crime.'

Yerima couldn't help but meet her gaze at her bluntness. He nodded, there was no need to deny.

Kelvin shook his head and tap his feet on the rugged floor momentarily thoughtfully.

With eyes closed, Katherine listened to the rest of the conversation.

'Fear gripped our heart, we knew something was wrong but we couldn't fathom neither could we place it.' Aisha blew her nose into a hanky. 'I wept for my children and grandchildren, the trauma and all. The heat became so blazing hot that we had to search for solution. '

'I'll like to hear from my familiar strangers now.' Katherine eyes were still closed.

'Pardon me ma'am but I think we should ...' Shakirat began but stopped short when Katherine opened her eyes and glared at her. Her husband had pinched her in rebuke.

Half expecting an outburst, She decided to apologise first. 'I'm very sorry.'

'It's Okay.' She wave a hand dismissively. ' We will get back to you again.' She smiled reassuring at the older woman before she looked in the direction of her uncles. 'Tick tock, tick tock ...' She drawled.

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
wao thanks queen, more
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
MightyFortress:
Excellent...
Thanks dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
jaymomma:
D Yerima's now know the meaning of the phrase "Karma is a bit'ch"
Hmmm....you don't need to tell me more darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
hassan85:
Weldon queen!! ride on
Haba Hassan, where have you been?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
Share your thoughts on the update, encourages me to do more.
Re: Generation To Generations... by pishon: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Welldone queen, and thanks for what you did to me today. I'm a fashion designer and I have loads of work to do but I didn't do anything today coutesy GTG I read from page 2 to the current page and I must confess you are too much. Please try and update o so that I can do my work tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
Queenxstar:

Haba Hassan, where have you been?
hah!! so u took note?! am sorry I haven't been commenting but I do read ur updates immediately u update dem... Weldon Weldon
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
Queen, afternoon to you. I have been busy lately and couldn't visit your thread. Anyway, Concerning what Jiteshell said about your writings, and you mentioned my name to say something, I didn't see it cos you left out the J. Its tiffanyJ.
I know I am late, but i noticed it too in fighting back and at the begining of 'generation to generations', I said something about it. Anyway, you said its your style of writing and every writer has his/her own style.

Back to Kathrine and Kelvin. I am glad they are blessed with three beautiful kids. Marigold is definately a prodigy. She is her parent's daughter indeed.

I believe that kathy is over reacting. I expected her wounds to be healed by now. Its been years, maybe almost twenty, she found love, peace and a new family. She should have gotten over her brother and father's unjust death. Why is she still hurting when she's got a perfect life? I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive the yerimahs and her uncles.

You are doing well and I am your humble follower. How have you been coping?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Queen, afternoon to you. I have been busy lately and couldn't visit your thread. Anyway, Concerning what Jiteshell said about your writings, and you mentioned my name to say something, I didn't see it cos you left out the J. Its tiffanyJ.
I know I am late, but i noticed it too in fighting back and at the begining of 'generation to generations', I said something about it. Anyway, you said its your style of writing and every writer has his/her own style.

Back to Kathrine and Kelvin. I am glad they are blessed with three beautiful kids. Marigold is definately a prodigy. She is her parent's daughter indeed.

I believe that kathy is over reacting. I expected her wounds to be healed by now. Its been years, maybe almost twenty, she found love, peace and a new family. She should have gotten over her brother and father's unjust death. Why is she still hurting when she's got a perfect life? I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive the yerimahs and her uncles.

You are doing well and I am your humble follower. How have you been coping?
Beautiful Tiffj thanks, Kel and Kathy have two children.

All of your other input are noted and appreciated.

I'm coping just fine. Hope you're well.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
hassan85:
hah!! so u took note?! am sorry I haven't been commenting but I do read ur updates immediately u update dem... Weldon Weldon

Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
pishon:
Welldone queen, and thanks for what you did to me today. I'm a fashion designer and I have loads of work to do but I didn't do anything today coutesy GTG I read from page 2 to the current page and I must confess you are too much. Please try and update o so that I can do my work tomorrow. Thanks
Welcome to the royal family sweetheart, an update comes tonight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

The Silent Lover / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.