Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (196032 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
zbone:

that below and above notes idea work mehn. I'm learning to use them.
yeah...gives u that jazzy sound
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Femiyanda(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
If you want to learn those phat contemporary chords played in most gospel songs like...

"Finish Strong" by Jonathan Nelson

"Blessings of Abraham" by Donald Lawrence

"Praise Him in Advance" by Marvin Sapp

"Incredible Praise" J J Hairston

and much more...

I have uploaded video tutorials/breakdown of these songs (Courtesy: Gospel Music Training Center)

check the videos here...

www.phemixmusic.com

These videos are for advanced keyboardists ( Dramadiddy, I challenge you to check the videos)

If anyone feels he needs the full tutorials or more videos, holla at me!

Phone: 0703 506 7939 (sms or whatsapp only)

BBpin: 79B5D26D

Oh sorry, uhm...for my total beginners who want to learn piano from scratch, I have a series for you, "Musician Transformation" by Jermaine Griggs

www.phemixmusic.com/s/sign-up
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
Femiyanda:
If you want to learn those phat contemporary chords played in most gospel songs like...

"Finish Strong" by Jonathan Nelson

"Blessings of Abraham" by Donald Lawrence

"Praise Him in Advance" by Marvin Sapp

"Incredible Praise" J J Hairston

and much more...

I have uploaded video tutorials/breakdown of these songs (Courtesy: Gospel Music Training Center)

check the videos here...

www.phemixmusic.com

These videos are for advanced keyboardists ( Dramadiddy, I challenge you to check the videos)

If anyone feels he needs the full tutorials or more videos, holla at me!

Phone: 0703 506 7939 (sms or whatsapp only)

BBpin: 79B5D26D

Oh sorry, uhm...for my total beginners who want to learn piano from scratch, I have a series for you, "Musician Transformation" by Jermaine Griggs

www.phemixmusic.com/s/sign-up

Alright.. I can play praise him in advance though
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Geedhey(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dramadiddy:
kay thats nt my number tho...what did the person say
said wud get in touch with me.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Geedhey:
said wud get in touch with me.
ok
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Karleb remember that video about simon keys?...I watched it and I understood what he said...he was teaching how to improvise using chord tones, that is improvising on the notes of whatever chord he's playing in his left hand...and he gave examples of things to do when improvising, they are called transition notes just as we have passing chords...so the examples are(according to how he said it) :

below notes : B-C,Eb-E
above notes : C#-C,F-E
below and above notes : B-C#-C,Eb-F-E
double chromatic : D-C#-C, F#-F-E

So if u have a maj7..so u ll apply all these to the notes of the chord and switch between different styles when improvising, he even did "test-drive" and it worked..but I added something...modes...i can use these techniques to improvise but I try to make sure the notes I land on are notes of the mode

Actually, I'm now improvising even though na small small sha, I found a more explanatory video on playpianotoday and it really helped.

Errm do you know and apply all that's written in that Dennis Taylor e-book?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2014
Karleb:

Actually, I'm now improvising even though na small small sha, I found a more explanatory video on playpianotoday and it really helped.

Errm do you know and apply all that's written in that Dennis Taylor e-book?
nope...im reading another book
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
Dramadiddy:
nope...im reading another book
Pls recommend a good book for me that I should read to know more about playing the keyboard. I read a material on how to do glissando using keyboard but I still dont understand. What is glissando and how is it applied in a song and also about its fingering. Sorry sir do you work in a music studio or have any knowledge of producing music?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yedo:
Pls recommend a good book for me that I should read to know more about playing the keyboard. I read a material on how to do glissando using keyboard but I still dont understand. What is glissando and how is it applied in a song and also about its fingering. Sorry sir do you work in a music studio or have any knowledge of producing music?
I dont produce, I dont work in a studio either,, Im a student...to ur question, a glissando is just a classical name for grace note, which is just sliding from a note to another using ur two fingers...normally its done on notes dat r not too far.. wat i mean is dat d grace note sounds mre better wen d two notes u r slidin are not too far frm each other...i did a short audio for u nw, where i played different types of grace notes, if u listen well u ll know the difference
http://www.2shared.com/audio/Fpm0V5bB/yedo.html
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ok this one is from my friend if ure interested contact him, A GOOD KEYBOARDIST IS URGENTLY NEEDED AT LEKKI, VICTORY
SANCTUARY CHURCH, SDA. TO START ON THE FIRST OF JANUARY WHICH IS
THE CROSS OVER SERVICE. PLS INTERESTED PERSON SHOULD CONTACT ME
ON THIS NUMBER; 09036961602. PLS NOTE THAT AUDITION IS ON ALREADY
SO HURRY. 35k salary for coming...wednesday, friday and saturday only..sunday is not involved
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Dramadiddy:
I dont produce, I dont work in a studio either,, Im a student...to ur question, a glissando is just a classical name for grace note, which is just sliding from a note to another using ur two fingers...normally its done on notes dat r not too far.. wat i mean is dat d grace note sounds mre better wen d two notes u r slidin are not too far frm each other...i did a short audio for u nw, where i played different types of grace notes, if u listen well u ll know the difference
http://www.2shared.com/audio/Fpm0V5bB/yedo.html
I have listened over and over again and I've understood. I appreciate your effort sir. Am suggesting that you give us some guidelines of becoming a great keyboardist or things to do to become professional pianist. Also share with us your experiences as a keyboardist and how you reach the level you are now as a pianist because these will be of great help to many of us here. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yedo:
I have listen over and over again and I've understood. I appreciate your effort sir. Am suggesting that you give us some guidelines of becoming a great keyboardist or things to do to become professional pianist. Also share with us your experiences as a keyboardist and how you reach the level you are now as a pianist because these will be of great help to many of us here. Thanks
Ok..no problem, I'll get back to you
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Ok..no problem, I'll get back to you

We are still waiting. embarassed
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2014
Karleb:

We are still waiting. embarassed
Lol dont worry mehn...I'm trying everything I can to get a video as soon as possible
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Lol dont worry mehn...I'm trying everything I can to get a video as soon as possible
ok oh
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by dein77(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2015
Happy New Year to you all.

It's really nice to meet fellow keyboardist here. I started playing the piano a few moments ago. I developed interest in it due to the embarrassing absences occasioned by our only keyboardist.

Well, it hasn't really being that easy. I have started playing in my church, albeit only during worship. Even then, my playing is plain too chordy. I need to add some embellishments to it.

That's exactly why I'm here.

Any help will be appreciated.

By the way, thanks KARLEB for responding.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
dein77:
Happy New Year to you all.

It's really nice to meet fellow keyboardist here. I started playing the piano a few moments ago. I developed interest in it due to the embarrassing absences occasioned by our only keyboardist.

Well, it hasn't really being that easy. I have started playing in my church, albeit only during worship. Even then, my playing is plain too chordy. I need to add some embellishments to it.

That's exactly why I'm here.

Any help will be appreciated.

By the way, thanks KARLEB for responding.

Hi deni77, I was thinking my ogas at the top would answer your question but it seems like they're still battling with xmas and new year chicken.

Well to answer your question, you can embellish your chords by phatting, altering, extending, inverting, suspending, diminishing, argumenting and braking them and doing all those jargon is pretty simple, just read through this link http://www.pianoscales.org/chords.html or http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/ when you're through, we'll go to the next one.

BTW, what's your favorite key?

Dramadiddy, where you dey?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Karleb:

Hi deni77, I was thinking my ogas at the top would answer your question but it seems like they're still battling with xmas and new year chicken.

Well to answer your question, you can embellish your chords by phatting, altering, extending, inverting, suspending, diminishing, argumenting and braking them and doing all those jargon is pretty simple, just read through this link http://www.pianoscales.org/chords.html or http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/ when you're through, we'll go to the next one.

here... Just trying to get the video ready
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
happy new year guys!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
Dramadiddy:
here... Just trying to get the video ready

Alright, but why didn't you answer deni7's question?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
zbone:
happy new year guys!

Same to you Mr zbone.

But errm... are you really back or you're still going back to the xmas/new year chicken, turkey and/or beef?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
gameboi I sight you, where is my xmas gift before it's too late!? angry
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by BJOO(m): 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
Sup peepz is there anybody here that av idea of how much they now sell yamaha Prs 2100reply is needed asap please
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Karleb:

Same to you Mr zbone.

But errm... are you really back or you're still going back to the xmas/new year chicken, turkey and/or beef?
lol
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
Karleb:

Alright, but why didn't you answer deni7's question?
it's included in the videos I wanna do
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Happy new year

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 4:30am On Jan 03, 2015
Yes yes.. Zbone remember that varieties video? I just scored the great is thy faithfulness part.. The guy try sha o but it was simple naa i started around after 3 and i finished by this time.. I think say something dey the song sef mschew
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Yes yes.. Zbone remember that varieties video? I just scored the great is thy faithfulness part.. The guy try sha o but it was simple naa i started around after 3 and i finished by this time.. I think say something dey the song sef mschew
na serious work you do o, for dat crazy guy work. anyway sha well done.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2015
zbone:

na serious work you do o, for dat crazy guy work. anyway sha well done.
I love the challenge
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Drmaverick: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2015

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by dein77(m): 9:43am On Jan 03, 2015
Karleb:

Thanks for the reply. It's really appreciated. I will endeavour to check out the sites you indicated.

BTW, F Major is my favourite key. I will continue to update my experience and progress here.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2015
dein77:

Thanks for the reply. It's really appreciated. I will endeavour to check out the sites you indicated.

BTW, F Major is my favourite key. I will continue to update my experience and progress here.

Well, you're not alone because F Major used to be my favourite but now I have not a favourite key, it's still my convenient key though.

Make sure to play those practically and try to familiarise them with your hands and we'll move to the next one when you're through like I said. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.