Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195387 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Once again we are trying to get to a point dis is not really an argument or taking anything personal just trying to enlighten ourselves...so I will appreciate if it keeps going simple like major chords smiley on Piano without anything dissonant...I will appreciate if dere are oda pros to with exposure..Lagos/portharcourt and Co to contribute to dis matter...keep it simple...God bless You all my brothers

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by seyithug(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
Once again we are trying to get to a point dis is not really an argument or taking anything personal just trying to enlighten ourselves...so I will appreciate if it keeps going simple like major chords smiley on Piano without anything dissonant...I will appreciate if dere are oda pros to with exposure..Lagos/portharcourt and Co to contribute to dis matter...keep it simple...God bless You all my brothers

LOL. Let this slide, biko, I really don't buy the Biblical justification, because I strongly believe you can't and shouldn't compare a pastor's calling to that of an instrumentalist.
That said, please, start from the very basics/beginning, for people like me who know Nothing about keyboard. I can have a shot at a number of hymns and songs with just one or three fingers on the right part, but can't get my left to follow through with the base lines. I also have a pretty good ear for music, and can quickly 'pick' on songs and transpose to get on keys, but, still, I can only start playing from the C or G key.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
I didn't wana say anything about this payment thing.. But the bitter truth seyithug is dat we deserve even more.. You don't know? We re also ministers and we have diff forms of communication, we communicate thru music..my brother.. Take it from me... We deserve d pay n more.. I get d fact dat u see people take church things as a money money thing.. But u really cnt blame dem, some churches cn scam u know... I was in a church, where they asked me "how much do we pay u" we agreed at 25k only to be paid 20k, all dese experiences have effect, I'm sure u won't even like being cheated.. If u still stand ur ground, it's ur choice.. I take God's work serious.. But I set d monetary aspect away from the service.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
You need to learn chords starting from Major,Minor,Augmented,Diminished,M7,9,11,13 dere sharps flat e.g C MAJOR#5#9 quartal, tritones, diatones,minorMajor,and so on and scales to back dem up and always Ave it in mind dat where u are going is when u are going to be holding ur chords independently on ur left hand no matter how wide...and ur right will be free to solo,extend ur chord,appregiate,run scales,suspend and so on
So just work on dis points and u will be glad u did dat...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
seyithug:

LOL. Let this slide, biko, I really don't buy the Biblical justification, because I strongly believe you can't and shouldn't compare a pastor's calling to that of an instrumentalist.
That said, please, start from the very basics/beginning, for people like me who know Nothing about keyboard. I can have a shot at a number of hymns and songs with just one or three fingers on the right part, but can't get my left to follow through with the base lines. I also have a pretty good ear for music, and can quickly 'pick' on songs and transpose to get on keys, but, still, I can only start playing from the C or G key.
The bible verse are very right don't mind showing any Man of God dat u respect he will tell u same God is not an author of confusion...Remember Instrumentalist are under Choir Department and dat Dept is next to d holies of holy...close to God...when David plays harp nd d evil spirit will leave Saul do I no how fasting nd prayer d pastor will call for u....im trying to explain something here I'm not comparing dem rather I want u to get dat dey hold a high position in d church and in d sight of God...read about King Jehoshaphat and so many just read d Word and meditate u will get d knowledge Phil.4:8 if u Ave not gotten to Dat level as a minister of your instrument den u are still taking milk as it is written in d book of 1 Peter 2...we are true on dis I'm not comparing anybody but my point here is...U Are a minister on dat instrument God didn't install u dere for fun....Minister and bless life on dat instrument...by d grace of God and to his holy name and glory I'm a living witness of everything I'm saying here...and it's worth emulating...Thank U GOD BLESS

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
http://bible.us/php4.8.kjv Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. The Bible encourage us to think about the right things. You cannot be a doer of the word and continue to talk about unbelief. The more u talk about somethings the bigger they get. If something does not meet all of these qualifications - if it's not true, honest, just,pure,lovely, of good report-do not think about it and do not talk about it. Meditate (mutter) the right things i.e. speak the word to urself,think on d Word and you shall have a good success on every side of life. Remain blessed in Jesus name...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 5:19am On Mar 19, 2015
Dramadiddy:
lol just try ur best
That's the key of Eb;

Eb/Bb-D-Eb-G (Ebmaj7 )
D/A-C-F (Dmin7)
F/B-Eb-F-Ab (Fmaj7b5)
G/Bb-D-Eb-G (Ebmaj7/G)

I'm coming later with the rest.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:35am On Mar 19, 2015
EzePromoe:

That's the key of Eb;

Eb/Bb-D-Eb-G (Ebmaj7 )
D/A-C-F (Dmin7)
F/B-Eb-F-Ab (Fmaj7b5)
G/Bb-D-Eb-G (Ebmaj7/G)

I'm coming later with the rest.
u try small but its nt dere yet.. U got part of some chords but all ur lefthand chords r wrong.. Listen more carefully.. Concentrate, don't rush
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by EzePromoe: 8:29am On Mar 19, 2015
Dramadiddy:
u try small but its nt dere yet.. U got part of some chords but all ur lefthand chords r wrong.. Listen more carefully.. Concentrate, don't rush
I'm not surprise though. I was not sure of the left chords.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2015
musicians in church are ministers or should be.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:20am On Mar 19, 2015
EzePromoe:
I'm not surprise though. I was not sure of the left chords.
just listen carefully..
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:17am On Mar 21, 2015
A little work on Db just came up with that while rehearsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbbtqbI_6Q4
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Mimo1(m): 10:19am On Mar 21, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Waoo dat sound cool
Love d run/scale

Wen next u want mak a video pls try to @least name d chords for d sake of learners lyk me
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:32am On Mar 21, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Cool work! cool

Can you explain the secret behind the scale's run?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Thanks @all...
The chords on the left hand are:
1. G#CDbF- Db major 7...2nd inversion
2. Db major 7 flat 5
3. B major 7..2nd inversion
4. Bmaj7 flat 5 dats FBbBEb
Dose are d chords I was playing on my lefthand...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Uhm d scales consist of some musical theory scales and personal scales and little of chromatic scales.
1. F blues scales
2. F# pentatonic
3. Db pentatonic
I.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th major scale notes...
And so on...U can add more to it...in as much it agrees with ur ear
Remain blessed
Shalom
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
Uhm d scales consist of some musical theory scales and personal scales and little of chromatic scales.
1. F blues scales
2. F# pentatonic
3. Db pentatonic
I.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th major scale notes...
And so on...U can add more to it...in as much it agrees with ur ear
Remain blessed
Shalom

Thanks but I've another question.

Since you played on Db don't you think a Db blues scale would be more okay? It sounds great though.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
I actually recorded like 3 videos of dat kind only uploaded dis one on youtube soloed with dat in one of the video. If I didn't use it in dis one guess it skipped my mind.
Dis is d secret in dose chords I wrote for d left hand d second chord actually has a tritone in it i.e. G:Db tritone and dats d tritone dat was entertaining the F# pentatonic scale..how I wish I can record an audio here and clearly do just dat part. It's well
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
I actually recorded like 3 videos of dat kind only uploaded dis one on youtube soloed with dat in one of the video. If I didn't use it in dis one guess it skipped my mind.
Dis is d secret in dose chords I wrote for d left hand d second chord actually has a tritone in it i.e. G:Db tritone and dats d tritone dat was entertaining the F# pentatonic scale..how I wish I can record an audio here and clearly do just dat part. It's well

I never knew tritones works with pentatonics, and I thought they only work well with blues scale.

BTW, I think you should start quoting people you wish to direct a question or answers to. To do that just click the quote button and comment below the person's comment in the comment box before replying.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 23, 2015
Keyboardist needed at RCCG,
Chapel of Reconcilliation
Atunrase Estate, Gbagada.
08029953828 (sms only). You can drop you resume with David or Joseph.
Deadline April 19th, 2015.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by obinna311(m): 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
emilo26:
Other instrumentalist fit join the thread abi na only keyboardists?
I tire for dem oh...na keyboardist full dis place?? No drummer for here??
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2015
obinna311:

I tire for dem oh...na keyboardist full dis place?? No drummer for here??

Although d topic laid emphasis on 'Keyboardist', but as a family (instrumentalists) member, u may drop something (chords... if it exists) on drums, or better still, create another topic on it so that others can easily see and recognize what it's about.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by TalentedMedia: 6:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
I play keyboard at advanced level ...i can beginners to an advance level!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shed-Room-for-Pianist-and-Keyboardist/934404249903763?skip_nax_wizard=true&ref_type=bookmark

Like dis page to venture into d road to becoming a pro...materials in there are what the pro's will not show you.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by webmasterss: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2015
PLS OOOO what are tritones. Sorry for the drawing back.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by webmasterss: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2015
[/color]pls how do i make a fake adaptor for my keybd 9~12V or hw do i make my keybd to use ba3 becoz it doesnt.[color=#000000]pls how do i make a fake adaptor for my keybd 9~12V or hw do i make my keybd to use ba3 becoz it doesnt.pls how do i make a fake adaptor for my keybd 9~12V or hw do i make my keybd to use ba3 becoz it doesnt.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
webmasterss:
PLS OOOO what are tritones. Sorry for the drawing back.

It's still way forward click and like d link I posted earlier and get full details on d page. Already explained
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 5:07am On Mar 28, 2015
Good day friends, how are we doing? Just want to encourage as many of us that do watch our video to try and subscribe to the channel as we now upload tutorials almost every week and we might not be posting the link here every time. To subscribe u sud see dat below any of our video on youtube just click it and dats all thanks @all
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
” Music is a language that all people understand. It reaches into the soul and speaks a special message to each person. It helps to relieve stress and you can talk to someone through music when the words are not there. It is an art and a way of thinking. Did you know that it also teaches problem solving? Music is a type of math. And, it is a science too! Playing in a band of musicians can teach a person how to work in a group of people and how  to get something done together. In other words, work toward a common goal in a creative way. Performing music in front of an audience can teach a person how to give a presentation in front of a group of people
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
Latest video "easy trick on how to modulate on semitones in all keys" like and share if u enjoy the video tutorial. Thanks and God bless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGa1_7jSDds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2015
Wonderful Gospel Piano Tutorial contains styles u Ave heard and wished u played or could play like dat..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2GSeDYKJAU&spfreload=10

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.