Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (21365 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Monsignor Matthew Hassan Kukah Now Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:24am On Jul 16, 2014
useless eternally confused middle-eastern man-made religion.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by AbuMikey(m): 1:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Thrash!!!!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by vickyO(f): 1:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Whatever his stance is about homosexuals doesn't negate the Bible's stance on what they are. We can rage all we want but the truth remains the same.

Many hypocrites in the world, homosexuality is fine but bestiality is bad. Misconception of what morality is is on the rampage. Do your quota as a BelIever, speak against wrong behaiviours, it will sure save us decades of decadent.

I term homosexuality in people a sick trait, if that makes me sick to this clergy then I believe my stance in Christ is quite rooted.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 16, 2014
Save for these two post which i quote, Other posts above are from sick posters

ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.

Perfect

Panter215: Times are changing and we should not stand still. I agree with him that this gay thing should not the only focus for Christians. In Nigeria Christian nowadays join in the vises ripping our country dry (corruption, kidnapping, oppression e.t.c) and do not see or make issues out of it. Lets focus on the issues the should change our lives and all the other vises will disappear.

On-point

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I leave you all with with Maxim,

Now, Everyone can read. But not everyone can Think

10 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by vickyO(f): 1:40am On Jul 16, 2014
Joannes347: Save for these two post which i quote, Other posts above are from sick posters

Perfect

On-point

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by vickyO(f): 1:41am On Jul 16, 2014
Joannes347: Save for these two post which i quote, Other posts above are from sick posters

Perfect

On-point

Don't forget he said homophobes are sick. The above is just a fraction of what he said.

People read well and what I decide to shed more light on concerns no one since it borders on what was written.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 16, 2014
why am i not suprised
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by limingfujia: 2:15am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Efewestern: 2:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Let the church be tough †o those wicked A̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ inhuman homosexuals, priest dis days even involve dreselvs in the act, †o M̶̲̥̅ξ oo, let dre be a serious punishment †o dose same sex guys!! U can't keep enjoying A̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ keeping ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ sinners close †o you when ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ξy A̶̲̥̅̊v not made dre decision †o change their evil ways, even ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ξy will corrupt ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ minds of the weak ones in the church... I bet u many priest A̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ bishops will support this vera of a bishop!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Kuyorodele: 2:34am On Jul 16, 2014
http://payloge.com/?ref=1381. it's. real make u real fast cash without stress
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Angeldemivida: 2:35am On Jul 16, 2014
But they got to be sick! or while will a guy fix in his thing into another man's an*s. It's the sickest of all sickening sickness. Two men kneeling and prodding the others' rear. Now, I don't want to vomit.

I agree that the homos*exuals shouldn't be driven away from the church though, the bishop shouldn't pet up things jor. Should we be giving them thumbs up and high fives?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by tevinsolt: 2:38am On Jul 16, 2014
lepasharon: Christianity of today ? grin...A big JOKE ! This is why im not a christian.
I'm sure you yourself do not believe what u wrote up here.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by limingfujia: 2:41am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:42am On Jul 16, 2014
I really wish Nigerians and Africans in general showed the same revulsion and outrage they show to homosexuality to other real social vices that plague the country and stunt its growth - especially corruption. Morality in the twisted, perverted definition of most Nigerians is defined by attitudes to sex and sexuality and not the holistic view of morality that affects every facet of life. The same person that cheats in everything, from cheating in his academics to the workplace and politics, would often be the first to decry homosexuality. It's rank hypocrisy and a total misplacement of priorities and accounts for why this country, this continent and our race would remain firmly at the foot of everything that matters in world affairs until there's an ideological shift and people learn to use their brains.

And that is not even addressing the key question: how does an individual's sexual preference affect your life and why do you feel the need to meddle in his/her choices?

11 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by tevinsolt: 2:45am On Jul 16, 2014
vickyO: Whatever his stance is about homosexuals doesn't negate the Bible's stance on what they are. We can rage all we want but the truth remains the same.

Many hypocrites in the world, homosexuality is fine but bestiality is bad. Misconception of what morality is is on the rampage. Do your quota as a BelIever, speak against wrong behaiviours, it will sure save us decades of decadent.

I term homosexuality in people a sick trait, if that makes me sick to this clergy then I believe my stance in Christ is quite rooted.

you are sick, not because you stand for what is right but cuz you lack simple comprehension skills. yes the bible calls it an abomination/a sin, but you are a self righteous hypocrite who needs to start reading his/her bible with clarity of mind.

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Angeldemivida: 2:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi: I really wish Nigerians and Africans in general showed the same revulsion and outrage they show to homosexuality to other real social vices that plague the country and stunt its growth - especially corruption. Morality in the twisted, perverted definition of most Nigerians is defined by attitudes to sex and sexuality and not the holistic view of morality that affects every facet of life. The same person that cheats in everything, from cheating in his academics to the workplace and politics, would often be the first to decry homosexuality. It's rank hypocrisy and a total misplacement of priorities and accounts for why this country, this continent and our race would remain firmly at the foot of everything that matters in world affairs until there's an ideological shift and people learn to use their brains.

And that is not even addressing the key question: how does an individual's sexual preference affect your life and why do you feel the need to meddle in his/her choices?

Talking about "se*xual preference", if we all start acting out our se*xual fantasies it's gonna be a crazy world as it is even fast becoming.

Yeah I agree with the beginning part of your post all the same. You made a good point there.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by tevinsolt: 3:02am On Jul 16, 2014
1 Corinthians 6:11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

1 John 1:9-10
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

James 2:10
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

Romans 3:10
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by qstar(m): 3:16am On Jul 16, 2014
PAGAN9JA: useless eternally confused middle-eastern man-made religion.

The religion eternally evolves. Imagine!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Angeldemivida:

Bros when parents wake up tomorrow and decide that their "se*xual preference" is their children, should we close our eyes and allow the children to get sodomized as even some priests and individuals have reportedly done to some children. Talking about "se*xual preference", if we all start acting out our se*xual fantasies it's gonna be a crazy world as it is even fast becoming.

Yeah I agree with the beginning part of your post all the same. You made a good point there.
That's not a good comparison at all. Abusing children sexually is wrong cos it takes advantage of their vulnerability and inability to make informed choices. Abusing minors is wrong whether coming from hom.osexuals or heterosexuals. Any sexual activity between adults that is consensual and impinges on no one's rights shouldn't concern the public.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by rezy15(m): 3:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Holier-than-thou christians believe hate of gays is the right thing to do, probably violence against homosexuals won't be contrived as evil in their eyes, bt is that biblical? Quote me a verse were intolerance of sin endorses hate for the lost sheep. If u chase the sin along with the sinner and u call urself righteous, u have failed woefully as a ' christian ' . We like to think we know what God is thinking, God doesn't endorse homosexuality, so also is murder, sloth, greed, Hate, malice, and the likes which we hv unconsciously labelled as regular sin dat can be cleansed with a simple prayer. We are no different from the Pharisees of old.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Emmaomotob(m): 3:40am On Jul 16, 2014
freedom without discipline is the greatest bondage of all #noHomosexuals
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Angeldemivida: 3:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
That's not a good comparison at all. Abusing children sexually is wrong cos it takes advantage of their vulnerability and inability to make informed choices. Abusing minors is wrong whether coming from hom.osexuals or heterosexuals. Any sexual activity between adults that is consensual and impinges on no one's rights shouldn't concern the public.

You mentioned "sexual preference" so I used that example to show that we shouldn't all go indulging in our se*xual fantasies cause some of the preferences are real wack and if we all go indulging it, it's gonna be a crazy world. I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by fr3do(m): 4:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Op edit your write up!
Supporting homosexuality is progressive for them, it is regressive for us!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by madridguy(m): 4:21am On Jul 16, 2014
As for me. All I have to say is that Christianity don loss focus..if you are a muslim, please join me in this prayer...Ya Allah help the Muslims of Palestine.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Syria.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Burma.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Gaza.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Somalia.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Egypt.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Libya.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Iraq.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Kashmir.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Chechnya.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Afghanistan.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Pakistan.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Bangladesh.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Morocco.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Yemen.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Algeria
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Sudan.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of Lebanon.
Ya Allah help the Muslims of India.
Ya Allah help the Muslims all over the World
Ya Allah give us a Khilafaah...!!!

Ameen Ya Rab ..

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Vansnickers: 4:35am On Jul 16, 2014
How dare the bishop emulate Christ by condemning Homophobes?

Did he not get the Memo?

Christianity now is about hating homosexuals. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ghettodreamz(m): 4:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Atmmachine: They are really sick.. why would someone fork holes full of shits with his dicckk shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Seems you were so in a hurry to comment; you neither read the whole article nor the thread's topic itself. It says, he called Homophobes sick people and NOT the homosexuals themselves.

Next time, read carefully before commenting. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 4:54am On Jul 16, 2014
hummerwise: Bishop?

Certainly the devil has left the sinners and now facing the righteous squarely,

Its now beginning
Are the catholic bishops righteous? You have been sold a lemon sir
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 4:55am On Jul 16, 2014
kenclark2001: let's equate all sins equally.
All sins are not equal. You are so ignorant
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by abrajways: 4:56am On Jul 16, 2014
Christianity Again....
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by 1stola: 4:56am On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:
Catholic Bishop: Antigay Attitudes 'Sick' and 'Heartless'
Mexican bishop Raúl Vera once again speaks out strongly on behalf of LGBT people.
BY TRUDY RING
JULY 15 2014 3:00 PM ET

Bishop Raúl Vera
Mexican bishop Raúl Vera, one of the strongest advocates for LGBT people within the Roman Catholic Church, is speaking out again, this time saying, “People who say homosexuals are sick are sick themselves.”
Vera, the bishop of Saltillo in northern Mexico, made the statement in an interview published Monday in the Spanish and Latin American newspaper El País. He did not go so far as to endorse same-sex marriage, but he took a more progressive stance than is common in his church.
The interviewer said, “Not long ago you baptized the daughter of a lesbian couple. What do you think about homosexuality?” Vera responded, “That is a topic that we have refused to address. The people who say homosexuals are sick are sick themselves. The Church needs to come to them not with condemnation, but with dialogue. We cannot cancel out a person’s richness just because of his or her sexual preference. That is sick, that is heartless, that is lacking common sense.”
The church’s official stance is that LGBT people deserve respect and compassion, but it strongly opposes homosexual acts and same-sex marriage.
Vera also took a stance, similar to Pope Francis’s, that opposition to abortion and same-sex marriage should not be the church’s only priorities. He said he considers abortion murder, but added, “Abortion, just like same-sex marriage, has served us [as] subterfuge to tell ourselves that we in the Church have our morals. It is very easy to go against a woman who has an abortion, it poses no trouble and we have support from the ultraconservative right. When there was a national campaign against abortion here, I organized rosary recitations to reflect on the defense of the lives of migrants, miners and women as well as the unborn. But we are hypocrites. It would seem that the only moral rules deal with condemning same-sex couples and abortions. You do that and you’re the perfect Christian.”
El País notes that in the past, Vera’s advocacy for oppressed people, including gay people and the poor, had gotten him into trouble with the church’s hierarchy. In 2011, when John Paul II was pope, the Vatican investigated Vera’s work with a gay group. But much has changed under Pope Francis’s leadership.
“For a long time, Raúl Vera was the Catholic Church’s black sheep, the old-fashioned left-winger,” the article reads. “But that was until the ideological earthquake represented by the new pope, Francis I, gave renewed relevance to his words. Now, other bishops are suddenly turning to Vera for guidance.”
Any religion that supports the practice of SSM is evil.
What a joke of a religion!
same people that will have séx with innocent boys and girls,
that their nun and sisters will become pregnant in the convent. etc
pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 4:57am On Jul 16, 2014
ichidodo: Aren't we all?....
we are all sinners, that is not an excuse for being gay. Sin against nature? Apostle Paul warned against such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Fate Of Good, Godly Single Girls? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? / TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.