Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,377 members, 7,954,529 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (21490 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Monsignor Matthew Hassan Kukah Now Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by hummerwise(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2014
MEILYN: Are the catholic bishops righteous? You have been sold a lemon sir

We presume them to be bro,
If they are not , y call them a bishop then?
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Galadimabawa: 9:53am On Jul 16, 2014
this is why i like Christianity, anytime their own speak wrong they will boldly come out and say no you are not speaking on be half of us. (early)
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2014
ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.
You are right. That is the summary of what the Bishop is trying to say.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Wislet(f): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2014
WHEN CHRIST MINGLED WITH SINNERS, IT WAS NEVER TO PAT THEM ON THE BACK FOR THEIR SINS. BAPTISING THE CHILDREN OF GAYS, IN MY OPINION, IS A SACRILEGE. IT IS THE SAME THING AS ENCOURAGING THEM TO DO MORE. CHRIST'S REASON FOR MINGLING WITH SINNERS WAS TO BE ABLE TO CONVICT THEM OF THEIR SINS- BEING NEAR HIM AND HEARING HIS TEACHING MADE THEM REALIZE THEY WERE OFFENDING GOD WITH THE WAY THEY LIVED THEIR LIVES. But baptising children to be bred by homosexuals? How can it be condoned for innocent children to be brought up in such an environment? What kind of life will they see growing up? How will their psyche be? Will they even have morals? Sometimes we misuse the saying, "condemn not". We apply it where we shouldn't. We think we are holier than God? Or more sympathetic and understanding than Him? To the point where we embrace sin, and even include innocent souls in it? And we think as 'men of God' we won't account for those souls going to hell? When we encourage people in their wrongdoings(directly or indirectly), we are partakers of such actions whether we choose to deny it or not. Yes, do not condemn and cast out sinners on sight without teaching them THE TRUTH, that is why Christ went to them and taught them the TRUTH and they repented. He did not pat them on the back or overlook their wrongdoings so as to be praised by them or called 'a tolerant man' as we do today.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Alleinad(f): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Of course the Bishop is right. He is a bishop from God afterall.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Wislet(f): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2014
Noneroone: Two wrongs can never make a right. I think the greatest mistake christians make is their quest to approach religious issues with conventional wisdom and logic. Some gay apologists are not even gay themselves but are people who are afraid to defend their faith and convinction in order to avoid being "uncivilized".
yes. And that not defending their faith, many will come to regret ot on THAT DAY. Cos Christ wasn't joking when He said, "those who deny me to the world, I will deny in front of my Father". Jesus said, "Do not fear those(men) who can only kill the body, but fear Him(God) who is able to kill both the body and the soul". So, are you more concerned about your physical body being killed, or of people laughing at you or pointing fingers at you or mockung you? Be more fearful of where your soul will end up. Because you will find out(hope not for regret) that your body is infinitessimal compared to your soul.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 16, 2014
MovingTrain: I realise it's either 99% of the people here didn't read the article or didn't understand it..

The Bishop states clearly he's over 100% against homosexual acts and same sex marriages (abortions too) just as the church is but doesn't subscribe to casting those that indulge in them into an abyss..

He believes Homosexuals still deserve respect as human beings but should be looked upon with compassion and prayed for with the hope of redeeming them just the same way Jesus himself looks upon sinners and goes to them.
Remember Jesus says He's not here for the righteous but for the sinners, so should be the Church too.

I just can't fathom if the black race has something innately wrong with her reasoning/understanding or we are always too lazy to read. No offense intended..

This is d best and most reasonable post I've read so far. U just took d words outta my mouth. Honestly I think sth is drastically wrong with d intellectual faculty of 99.9% of nairalanders. Open any thread and u'll see peeps spewing utter hocus-pocus that gets u wondering if they even read d post at all.

Statistically, nairalanders should represent a good literate fraction of d country. If these supposedly literate elite cannot even process information properly, then what are to we expect from those agberos, brutes, archaic-minded peeps and polithieficians who end up in public offices.
No wonder d country is like this.
Makes me wanna believe there's sth about blacks.

The bishop's msg is crystal clear:
-Homosexualism n same-sex marriages are abominable in d eyes of God.
-Hate d sin, not d sinner.
-Treat them with respect and compassion.
-Ur condemnation of them should not be based on ur own brand of morality, but should be based on a call for true repentance
-Instead of going pharisaical (killing, stoning, beating or whatever) on them, we should follow d example of Christ
-Ur condemnation of them does not make u a better person. Homosexualism is one of d many sins. If u're condemning them but still committing sins, then u're a hypocrite.

But pple will always see what they want to see and will always make statements reflecting their gross imbecility

Gay people, gay sympathizers, anti-gay proponents, legislators, enemies of religion, enemies of christianity, enemies of catholicism, media headline twisters, perverts, clowns e.t.c, will all see what they want to see from the bishop's comment depending on their mentality and preferences

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2014
hummerwise:

We presume them to be bro,
If they are not , y call them a bishop then?
That was why I said you have been sold a lemon. They are bishops of their own selves and not of God.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Chidi994: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2014
Hmm. Homosexualism is a Psychiatric problem. If you see yourself being sympathetic towards them, then you need help too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by elampiro(m): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2014
mizjules: Hmmm.
Yeayyy!!! First time I'm making front page... Err back to topic, what is wrong is wrong, I dunno if the priest is scared of hurting their feelings or something. Yea its true we Don't talk to them by commendation, but as a priest it is your duty to advise them, preach to them,pray for them,warn them GoD created man n woman for a purpose not man n man. Blessing their marriage has also made him a part of their sinful act. Most preachers these days Don't preach the truth these days, either they sugarcoat it or they hide it. Smh.. For the sake of HIS sorrowful passion, have MERCY on us and the whole World.

Well said. I guess you are a Catholic?
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by JEITO: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2014
When issues that used to be a taboo to even imagine in the secrecy of one's bedroom, have now become what we argue of in the public, I can't help but say.....this world don finish!!!

In other news: I strongly believe that allowing same-sex couples to adopt children, is a crime against humanity.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 10:51am On Jul 16, 2014
rezy15:
bible expert! Hw then does evangelism work? Didn't the missionaries reach out to your Idol worshipping fore fathers with their barbaric sacrifices for them to be converted. Your are clearly the ignorant one. Stop quoting ur verses out of context cos paul was one of the foremost preachers to the gentiles. How on earth did he do dat?
You don't even understand what I said. Somebody made a statement and I replied it based on what he said. I never said you should not preach to sinners. Preach to them, when they refuse to repent, then you leave them and put them in prayers. Do not force any human mind to worship God. Flee from anything that will make you sin, even if he/ her is your friend.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by coachwilcox(m): 10:53am On Jul 16, 2014
This is ridiculous!!! Babylon the great shall fall soon....

Leviticus 20:7 “‘If a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

The bible is clear on homosexuality and the statement by the said religious leader is clearly a sign of the conclusion of these system of things. the outcome is clear.

Revelations 18:1-8

After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! 3 For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, all the nations have fallen victim, and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.”
4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by chrisdoller(m): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2014
lepasharon: Christianity of today ? grin...A big JOKE ! This is why im not a christian.

I bet γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ don't understand a thing about this article
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2014
declaro:

[size=38pt]Please provide us source. It is not true[/size]

No be only sauce,I go add gravy join am! grin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by texazzpete(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2014
coachwilcox: This is ridiculous!!! Babylon the great shall fall soon....

Leviticus 20:7 “‘If a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

The bible is clear on homosexuality and the statement by the said religious leader is clearly a sign of the conclusion of these system of things. the outcome is clear.

The only thing clear here is your unrepentant imbecility.
The Bishop is not suppporting homosexuality. He is merely telling you to act like Jesus and show love for your fellow man and woman no matter what they do, and no matter how sinful you think they are.

People who HATE and DESPISE and TORMENT homosexuals are of the devil and will burn in hell fire along with the sinners, that is the Gospel Jesus preaches, you fake Christian!

Show respect and tolerance for gays and lesbians even if you hate the act they do. Do you go around stoning and beating adulterers and fornicators? Does the Corinthians link you posted not group homosexuality along with idolatry, adultery, theft, gluttony and excessive alcohol consumption?

You are a FAKE CHRISTIAN, like millions of your fellow Nigerians. there is no love, no understanding, no Holy Spirit in you.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by lagcity(m): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2014
I do not know why most Nigerians are so obsessed about where some men choose to plunge their d1cks. Sure, i find it disgusting but I dont have to think about it and nobody has to. It is not like homo guys are forking each other on NTA and forcing you and your kids to watch grin MIND YOUR BUSINESS, PEOPLE! angry

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2014
hummerwise:

Got ur message sir,
But you seem to 4get somthn, if your standing for something you should be crystal clear on it, don't you think the most thing he would and done or said was to criticise the act firmly instead of trying to beat around the bush in othr 2 make his point...

My point is that,
criticising the act should have come first before lecturing us not to condemn them..
I am not condeming them tho, but the act should be treated as utmost because its an act of anti-christ

Tank you

The church doesn't accept gay marriage or sex.

That's act of condemning them.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by coachwilcox(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2014
texazzpete:

The only thing clear here is your unrepentant imbecility.
The Bishop is not suppporting homosexuality. He is merely telling you to act like Jesus and show love for your fellow man and woman no matter what they do, and no matter how sinful you think they are.

People who HATE and DESPISE and TORMENT homosexuals are of the devil and will burn in hell fire along with the sinners, that is the Gospel Jesus preaches, you fake Christian!

Show respect and tolerance for gays and lesbians even if you hate the act they do. Do you go around stoning and beating adulterers and fornicators? Does the Corinthians link you posted not group homosexuality along with idolatry, adultery, theft, gluttony and excessive alcohol consumption?

Bros. First I think you're clearly deluded and confused. Calling me an slowpoke when you've not even seen me before smacks of your ridiculously low IQ.

All the acts in the scripture above are clearly condemned and we are urged to desist from them if we want to inherit the kingdom of God. Now, condemning people is one thing, condemning the act they engage in is another. Nowhere in my post did I say homosexuals are condemned. I said clearly that homosexuality is condemned by the bible and those who engage in the act will not inherit Gods kingdom. I stated the obvious based on the bible.

That doesn't mean people who practice it are condemned only IF THEY CHANGE!!!

I never stated that I hated a homosexual as well as any other act there. The Leviticus quote was God's law to the Israelites as to the judgement to be meted out to those who practiced homosexuality. Jesus took away the burden of that law and practiced tolerance; even eating and dining with sinners, tax collectors etc.

Now check out the said Bishops quote

The Church needs to come to them not with condemnation, but with dialogue. We cannot cancel out a person’s richness just because of his or her intimate preference. That is sick, that is heartless, that is lacking common sense.

El País notes that in the past, Vera’s advocacy for oppressed people, including gay people and the poor, had gotten him into trouble with the church’s hierarchy.

As much as Jesus tolerated sinners he clearly informed them to desist from their acts but the clergyman above is outright baptising their child as a sign of encouragement.

Pls my bro be more logical and reasonable and less passionate/dumb before commenting.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:
Catholic Bishop: Antigay Attitudes 'Sick' and 'Heartless'
Mexican bishop Raúl Vera once again speaks out strongly on behalf of LGBT people.
BY TRUDY RING
JULY 15 2014 3:00 PM ET

Bishop Raúl Vera
Mexican bishop Raúl Vera, one of the strongest advocates for LGBT people within the Roman Catholic Church, is speaking out again, this time saying, “People who say homosexuals are sick are sick themselves.”
Vera, the bishop of Saltillo in northern Mexico, made the statement in an interview published Monday in the Spanish and Latin American newspaper El País. He did not go so far as to endorse same-sex marriage, but he took a more progressive stance than is common in his church.
The interviewer said, “Not long ago you baptized the daughter of a lesbian couple. What do you think about homosexuality?” Vera responded, “That is a topic that we have refused to address. The people who say homosexuals are sick are sick themselves. The Church needs to come to them not with condemnation, but with dialogue. We cannot cancel out a person’s richness just because of his or her sexual preference. That is sick, that is heartless, that is lacking common sense.”
The church’s official stance is that LGBT people deserve respect and compassion, but it strongly opposes homosexual acts and same-sex marriage.
Vera also took a stance, similar to Pope Francis’s, that opposition to abortion and same-sex marriage should not be the church’s only priorities. He said he considers abortion murder, but added, “Abortion, just like same-sex marriage, has served us [as] subterfuge to tell ourselves that we in the Church have our morals. It is very easy to go against a woman who has an abortion, it poses no trouble and we have support from the ultraconservative right. When there was a national campaign against abortion here, I organized rosary recitations to reflect on the defense of the lives of migrants, miners and women as well as the unborn. But we are hypocrites. It would seem that the only moral rules deal with condemning same-sex couples and abortions. You do that and you’re the perfect Christian.”
El País notes that in the past, Vera’s advocacy for oppressed people, including gay people and the poor, had gotten him into trouble with the church’s hierarchy. In 2011, when John Paul II was pope, the Vatican investigated Vera’s work with a gay group. But much has changed under Pope Francis’s leadership.
“For a long time, Raúl Vera was the Catholic Church’s black sheep, the old-fashioned left-winger,” the article reads. “But that was until the ideological earthquake represented by the new pope, Francis I, gave renewed relevance to his words. Now, other bishops are suddenly turning to Vera for guidance.”

The bishop is a person for not thinking homosexuals do not have something wrong with them.

The writer is a person for labeling those that think homosexuals are sick as "homophobes" and labeling the action of the pastor "progressive" so that more fucktards can be brainwashed that they are funky when they support homosexuality.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2014

Revelations 18:1-8

After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! 3 For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, all the nations have fallen victim, and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.”
4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

Ur level of ignorance and conceit is appaling and just pathetic. That is why u pple fail woefully in exams or job aptitude tests or int'l exams because u cannot understand simple comprehension passages.

Ur bible eisegesis has nothing to do with d bishop's actual comments or biblical eschatology. Dey there dey shout end-time end-time, if u like no repent....."mr righteous bible quoter".

Ur write-up is a classic example of sophistry and straw-man argument. Pls go back and read d passage again or better still go n learn high school English comprehension.

But u won't do that, u'll still come here and argue with me.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by coachwilcox(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Ur level of ignorance and conceit is appaling and just pathetic. That is why u pple fail woefully in exams or job aptitude tests or int'l exams because u cannot understand simple comprehension passages.

Ur bible eisegesis has nothing to do with d bishop's actual comments or biblical eschatology. Dey there dey shout end-time end-time, if u like no repent....."mr righteous bible quoter".

Ur write-up is a classic example of sophistry and straw-man argument. Pls go back and read d passage again or better still go n learn high school English comprehension.

But u won't do that, u'll still come here and argue with me.

Unfortunately Chokolateboss...your reply captured Shakespeare's tale told by a fool....full of sound and fury but signifying nothing....

My humble submission stated the bible's viewpoint on homosexuality. Simple!!!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by CyrusLevi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
The day Nigerians learn to stop equating Biblical laws with principles of reasoning and understand,then they'll understand homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
coachwilcox:

Unfortunately Chokolateboss...your reply captured Shakespeare's tale told by a fool....full of sound and fury but signifying nothing....

My humble submission stated the bible's viewpoint on homosexuality. Simple!!!

Exactly as I predicted. U would never admit that u engaged in sophistry and straw-man argument but would still come here and argue nonsense.
Like I said b4, pls re-read d passage and compare it with ur post n I bet ur imbecility will stare at u in d face.
Once again, go and buy any English textbook that deals with comprehension passages. Thank me later.

Ur post was just a "humble submission of d bible's view on homosexuality"? That's a lie from d pit of hell. I'll reproduce ur post so u can swallow ur lie n sulk in shame.

Of course u read d title of d post, squealed in delight because somehow it confirms d imbecilic biased hogwash u've always been brainwashed with in ur church, that is: a certain group of pple not in ur church (catholics in this case) can be equated with Babylon or d beast of revelation or whatever. D idea of a catholic bishop opposing d OPPRESSION AND TORTURE of gay pple appeals to u because it kinda supports ur beliefs. Abi no be so? If not, den tell me what Babylon has in connection to d post

coachwilcox: Leviticus 20:7 “‘If a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them.

Of course d bishop knows d bible view on homosexuality and agrees its detestable b4 God.
So far faithful christian, how many gays have u put 2 death? Pls go out and carry out ur christian duty by putting to death any gays u come across. Don't argue, just go ahead and indulge urself in a gay-killing spree. Come back saoked in d blood of d gays, beat ur chest and tell urself well-done

coachwilcox: 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

I bet in ur self-righteousness, u didn't notice that homosexuals are not d only class of pple in that group

coachwilcox: The bible is clear on homosexuality and the statement by the said religious leader is clearly a sign of the conclusion of these system of things. the outcome is clear.

The statement by d said religious leader is not any sign of any conclusion of any system of things. Rather, u're talking from d framework of d teachings of ur faith. It is bias which has clogged ur mind that made u not 2 understand a simple passage such as this. D bishop CONDEMNS homosexual acts and same-sex marriage BUT opposes killing, excessive physical and verbal abuse or ill treatment of gay pple. Are u not with d bishop on this? How is that a clear sign of d conclusion of these system of things?
Maybe if d catholic church starts wedding gays and supports abortion, den I can take u seriously.
If d bishop had vehemently supported homosexual acts, wedding and marriage which he didn't), then he'll be denounced and excommunicated by d church. Its that simple!

coachwilcox: Revelations 18:1-8

Babylon has fallen, get out of her, bla bla bla....who's babylon in dis case? D catholic church abi? U're either an adventist, JW or any of these anti-catholic faith groups. What has ur lengthy diatribe got to do with d bishop's comments?

So much for "humble submission of biblical views on homosexuality". Is this a humble submission or a subtle attempt to condemn and demonize anoda religious group based on ur misunderstanding of d post?

How many gays have u preached d word of God to? Oh my bad! Sorry I forgot leviticus says u should kill dem, not preach

I find it strange that u're still arguing with texazzpete and myself. Accept say u don jonse.....but no, u won't.
Keep arguing n displaying ur IQ which is on d minus side.
Religion should augment reason, not kill it, like in ur case.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by coachwilcox(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Exactly as I predicted. U would never admit that u engaged in sophistry and straw-man argument but would still come here and argue nonsense.
Like I said b4, pls re-read d passage and compare it with ur post n I bet ur imbecility will stare at u in d face.
Once again, go and buy any English textbook that deals with comprehension passages. Thank me later.

Ur post was just a "humble submission of d bible's view on homosexuality"? That's a lie from d pit of hell. I'll reproduce ur post so u can swallow ur lie n sulk in shame.

Of course u read d title of d post, squealed in delight because somehow it confirms d imbecilic biased hogwash u've always been brainwashed with in ur church, that is: a certain group of pple not in ur church (catholics in this case) can be equated with Babylon or d beast of revelation or whatever. D idea of a catholic bishop opposing d OPPRESSION AND TORTURE of gay pple appeals to u because it kinda supports ur beliefs. Abi no be so? If not, den tell me what Babylon has in connection to d post

Of course d bishop knows d bible view on homosexuality and agrees its detestable b4 God.
So far faithful christian, how many gays have u put 2 death? Pls go out and carry out ur christian duty by putting to death any gays u come across. Don't argue, just go ahead and indulge urself in a gay-killing spree. Come back saoked in d blood of d gays, beat ur chest and tell urself well-done

I bet in ur self-righteousness, u didn't notice that homosexuals are not d only class of pple in that group

The statement by d said religious leader is not any sign of any conclusion of any system of things. Rather, u're talking from d framework of d teachings of ur faith. It is bias which has clogged ur mind that made u not 2 understand a simple passage such as this. D bishop CONDEMNS homosexual acts and same-sex marriage BUT opposes killing, excessive physical and verbal abuse or ill treatment of gay pple. Are u not with d bishop on this? How is that a clear sign of d conclusion of these system of things?
Maybe if d catholic church starts wedding gays and supports abortion, den I can take u seriously.
If d bishop had vehemently supported homosexual acts, wedding and marriage which he didn't), then he'll be denounced and excommunicated by d church. Its that simple!

Babylon has fallen, get out of her, bla bla bla....who's babylon in dis case? D catholic church abi? U're either an adventist, JW or any of these anti-catholic faith groups. What has ur lengthy diatribe got to do with d bishop's comments?

So much for "humble submission of biblical views on homosexuality". Is this a humble submission or a subtle attempt to condemn and demonize anoda religious group based on ur misunderstanding of d post?

How many gays have u preached d word of God to? Oh my bad! Sorry I forgot leviticus says u should kill dem, not preach

I find it strange that u're still arguing with texazzpete and myself. Accept say u don jonse.....but no, u won't.
Keep arguing n displaying ur IQ which is on d minus side.
Religion should augment reason, not kill it, like in ur case.

I just realised that your'e either a catholic or gay.

None of your posts have countered my submission. Unfortunately youve chosen the fallacy of logic involving attacking the person rather than the argument.

For clarity sake lemme break it down for you.

From the early times the Almighty God dealt with Israel and when He handed down commandments, one of them was condemning homosexuality. The punishment was clear.

His son came to take away the burden of the law by offering himself as a sacrifice for our sins past, present and future. Thus the stoning of the adulterous woman was no longer necessary because Jesus forgave her sins there and then and told her to sin no more. I never advocated violence

The early christians listed homosexuality among other sins for which one would not inherit God's kingdom. They clearly stated that some were practicing these sins but have been transformed. Would a Bishop baptising an infant of a lesbian couple amount to encouraging said sin by the parents I bet the child molesters still in your catholic service are not to be condemned or as you say, excommunicated as is the status quo. Rather they are protected and allowed to continue being around children.

As for Babylon the Great, I believe trying to explain to you based on your current state of mind is a waste of time.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
amnestylaw1: “Understand that sexuality is as wide as the sea. Understand that your morality is not law. Understand that we are you. Understand that if we decide to have sex whether safe, safer, or unsafe, it is our decision and you have no rights in our lovemaking.”
― Derek Jarman

Epic!
Datz all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by bbdrown: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.
more like "don't hate the player, hate the game" wink
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Vikky014(f): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wake me up whn a gay bcomes pregnant tru d Anus!!den i wil support gayism afta dat,*smh*
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Phlone(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Sleekydee: All this "don't condemn them dont condemn them" campaigns are strategic ways churches that arent rooted deep in Christ are using to welcome an act God specifically hates...Homosexuality is Perversion, God distaste Perversion, He is a God of Life, and not perversion. I strongly agree as christians, condemnation is off our list, but then it wil be far easier 2 feel sorry for someone who sees and reckon he or she is going in the wrong direction....but unfortunately these arent the case of most Gay n Lesbians. you often find them trying to convince other by saying "I was born this way" "I didnt choose to be this way" I will continue to condemn any gay or lesbian that tries to convince me he/she cant change his/her ways....thats my 2 kobo in the matter....Bishop I hail oh, well done sir.

Funny how we as "Christians" are quick to conclude our church or we are more rooted in Christ than the next Christian. Before you go about condemning the Bishop as if he has embraced the act of perversion or homosexuality. Try to read stories with an open mind than the intention to reply hastily. All the Bishop is saying is to approach the act by dialogue rather than condemnation and holier than thou syndrome. A perfect example can be cited in Luke 7:36-50, John 8:2-11.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Bennyberry(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
rezy15:
behold a 'christian' talking. No wonder islam is the fastest growing religion today. Obviously christians with their hate attitude like urs is getting something wrong. So u will feel ntin if he doesn't make heaven and u do? Den guy ur already roommates wherever hes going
evry man with his own cross.the ignoranmus decides voluntary nt to become a Christian;so i don't care if he becomes a Christian or a Muslim;cos population isn't all dat Mata.thus if Islam is growing fast accord to ur self conscience.it really don't reduce the population of those to mak heaven neither does it increase the population dat wud dine wit the devil...EVRY MAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACTION.IF HE DECIDES TO ROAST IN HELL;I CAN GO FETCH HIS SOME KEROSENE ND A CARTON OF MATCHES
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
declaro:

[size=38pt]Please provide us source. It is not true[/size]

Here's your source-

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/07/14/inenglish/1405349122_612890.html?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Dies As Bulletproof Charm Fails / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.