Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (21496 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Monsignor Matthew Hassan Kukah Now Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Feedmemore(f): 4:57am On Jul 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi: I really wish Nigerians and Africans in general showed the same revulsion and outrage they show to homosexuality to other real social vices that plague the country and stunt its growth - especially corruption. Morality in the twisted, perverted definition of most Nigerians is defined by attitudes to sex and sexuality and not the holistic view of morality that affects every facet of life. The same person that cheats in everything, from cheating in his academics to the workplace and politics, would often be the first to decry homosexuality. It's rank hypocrisy and a total misplacement of priorities and accounts for why this country, this continent and our race would remain firmly at the foot of everything that matters in world affairs until there's an ideological shift and people learn to use their brains.

And that is not even addressing the key question: how does an individual's sexual preference affect your life and why do you feel the need to meddle in his/her choices?

That is what a lot of folks practice out there - Morality of convenience!

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Empressgifted(f): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2014
I think some people need to take a look at the meaning of judgement, for the sake of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us on the cross of calvary we need to amend our ways, let us call a spade a spade, homosexuality is a sin and so is fornication as well as any act of disobedience to the word of God and anyone that indulge's in such acts and refuses to repent will end up in hell fire(it is boldly stated in the Bible), so I don't see what is Judgemental about saying the truth (for we shall say the truth and the truth shall set us free).
As a religious leader u ought to warn those ur leading about the Judgement of God that will befall them if they fail to repent, the truth is bitter but it has to be told, instead of deceiving them and indirectly supporting an act that made God destroy the people of Sodom and Gommorah why not tell them the bitter truth that they are created in the image and likeness of God and should not in anyway defile that image, tell them to repent and live a life that pleases God and stop incurring the wrath of God upon themselves by living a carnal life. Whenever you tell them that God loves them (which is true, God loves sinners and hates sin but it is not his will that anyone should go to hell but for all to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth) also tell them that God is a consuming fire and it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God, don't make them feel relaxed in sin cos from any moment now the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and the wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forsake God.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by trigonometry: 5:04am On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=jayseehe] this man is sick. doesn't he have a bible[/
Do you know d bible up to him? Your religion supports Gay and gays
]
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MovingTrain(m): 5:06am On Jul 16, 2014
I realise it's either 99% of the people here didn't read the article or didn't understand it..

The Bishop states clearly he's over 100% against homosexual acts and same sex marriages (abortions too) just as the church is but doesn't subscribe to casting those that indulge in them into an abyss..

He believes Homosexuals still deserve respect as human beings but should be looked upon with compassion and prayed for with the hope of redeeming them just the same way Jesus himself looks upon sinners and goes to them.
Remember Jesus says He's not here for the righteous but for the sinners, so should be the Church too.

I just can't fathom if the black race has something innately wrong with her reasoning/understanding or we are always too lazy to read. No offense intended..

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by texanomaly(f): 5:06am On Jul 16, 2014
What is LGBT?
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 5:06am On Jul 16, 2014
ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.
Don't deceive people. God hates the sinner until he or she comes unto repentance. Apostle Paul taught that we should not be seen in the midst of the ungodly. We all have the right to choose, the bible says God hated Esau, why? Because of his inequity, the bible also says God abhor sinners. So I wonder where you got such points from

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 5:08am On Jul 16, 2014
MovingTrain: I realise it's either 99% of the people here didn't read the article or didn't understand it..

The Bishop states clearly he's over 100% against homosexual acts and same sex marriages (abortions too) just as the church is but doesn't subscribe to casting those that indulge in them into a abyss..

He believes Homosexuals still deserve respect as human beings but should be looked upon with compassion and prayed for with the hope of redeeming them just the same way Jesus himself looks upon sinners and goes to them.
Remember Jesus says He's not here for the righteous but for the sinners, so should be the Church too.

I just can't fathom if the black race has something innately wrong with her reasoning/understanding or we are always too lazy to read. No offense intended..
how come you alone comprehend the article? So many people read it. But na only you understand am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by englishmart(m): 5:09am On Jul 16, 2014
What do u expect from gay men like him?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Some people just enjoy lying to themselves,some will say who am I to judge,u don't have to judge,bible already condemned homosexual,this so called bishops,are they not reading bible or they r trying to join religion and politricks together
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 5:11am On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=trigonometry][/quote]ohhhhhhh.... And you think the catholic bishop knows the bible? Yet they bow down to graven images?
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Vado(m): 5:12am On Jul 16, 2014
lepasharon: Christianity of today ? grin...A big JOKE ! This is why im not a christian.

But is Christ of yester-years still the same as todays? Has His spiritual supremacy as our Lord & saviour been invalidated? Those are what should matter to you and not the views & stance of mere mortals like bishops, popes, pastors or G.Os.

So sis, say something else about why you are not a Christian cos you don't need anyone's approval to serve the Lord if you indeed wanted to. It strenghtens my faith the more when I see these filthy things happening (esp in the church). If they weren't, then the prophesies of the bible about this time we are in would be questionable.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MEILYN(m): 5:15am On Jul 16, 2014
Empressgifted: I think some people need to take a look at the meaning of judgement, for the sake of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us on the cross of calvary we need to amend our ways, let us call a spade a spade, homosexuality is a sin and so is fornication as well as any act of disobedience to the word of God and anyone that indulge's in such acts and refuses to repent will end up in hell fire(it is boldly stated in the Bible), so I don't see what is Judgemental about saying the truth (for we shall say the truth and the truth shall set us free).
As a religious leader u ought to warn those ur leading about the Judgement of God that will befall them if they fail to repent, the truth is bitter but it has to be told, instead of deceiving them and indirectly supporting an act that made God destroy the people of Sodom and Gommorah why not tell them the bitter truth that they are created in the image and likeness of God and should not in anyway defile that image, tell them to repent and live a life that pleases God and stop incurring the wrath of God upon themselves by living a carnal life. Whenever you tell them that God loves them (which is true, God loves sinners and hates sin but it is not his will that anyone should go to hell but for all to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth) also tell them that God is a consuming fire and it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God, don't make them feel relaxed in sin cos from any moment now the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and the wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forsake God.
All these peeps saying thou shall not judge, thou shall not judge are ignorant.I will judge and that is the simple truth. John 7: 24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ghettodreamz(m): 5:15am On Jul 16, 2014
The so-called Bishop is so confused.

Yes, SIN is SIN, whether homosexuality or fornication. But, how does calling homophobes sick people equates to showing the homosexuals respect and compassions? If they truly deserve all these; then they equally deserve being told the undiluted truth - that God is against such practices of same-se>< relationship. Let the Bishop stop pleasing MEN and face reality of life, otherwise millions of these people would end up being misled to eternal damnation and so many people's blood would be on Him on that glorious day of accountability.

No one is greater than the WORD of God, and God is not a respecter of humans. He is frankly against the ACT and for the same reason he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah in the Bible, I believe we all know the story.

We are truly in the END time, where truth are no more being told by the so-called MEN of GOD, it seems a lot of them value and respect humans much more than the WORD of God. And they are so ready to trade earthly reward for heavenly treasures. Otherwise, I see no reason why a Bishop would have spewed such a gibberish. To have baptized daughter of same-se>< couple says more about the so-called Bishop and whatever he represents.

God created Adam and formed Eve out of the rib he took from Adam's, and not ADAM & ADAM. In accordance to Genesis 2:24, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

He didn't say a MAN shall leave his parents and be joined to another man or a WOMAN would be joined to another WOMAN.

Why then have we decided to turn the Bible upside down in the name of pleasing mankind and being acceptable in the sight of men, rather than GOD. Little wonder, the book of Matthew 7:22-23 says

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! "

No one is born with same-sex se><ual preference, the idea that people are born that way is erroneous, immoral and demonic. Even the animals know much more better.

Besides, if same-sex couple could have been knowledgeable enough to have bought sperm from the sperm banks or from donors so as to procreate; then it means they are in their right senses and know that all things on earth, things beneath the earth and in Heaven are beautifully, uniquely and perfectly created by GOD. Why then have humans decided to re-create things and change creations hiding behind the false and erroneous ideology of se><ual preference.

John 8:32 says

And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Homosexuals know the truth, but they are strong-willed. The same truth which they have decided not to abide by TODAY shall be used to judge them TOMORROW on that glorious day. I hope the same so-called Bishop would be there to rescue them from the wrath of God and the eternal damnations that lie in wait them.

I for one, disprove and loathe homosexuality and people who practices such. But who am I to judge anyone? Judgment is the Lord's and he will surely judge all man according to his/her works on that glorious day.

Nowadays, so many heresies oozing from the altars and we Christians need to stand firm in the Lord, believe in the word of God and not MAN.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ghettodreamz(m): 5:18am On Jul 16, 2014
1stola:
Any religion that supports the practice of SSM is evil.

I wouldn't say religion, because Christianity is against such evil practice. Denomination would have been more apt instead of the generalization.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by blackpanda: 5:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Sleekydee: All this "don't condemn them dont condemn them" campaigns are strategic ways churches that arent rooted deep in Christ are using to welcome an act God specifically hates...Homosexuality is Perversion, God distaste Perversion, He is a God of Life, and not perversion. I strongly agree as christians, condemnation is off our list, but then it wil be far easier 2 feel sorry for someone who sees and reckon he or she is going in the wrong direction....but unfortunately these arent the case of most Gay n Lesbians. you often find them trying to convince other by saying "I was born this way" "I didnt choose to be this way" I will continue to condemn any gay or lesbian that tries to convince me he/she cant change his/her ways....thats my 2 kobo in the matter....Bishop I hail oh, well done sir.

Spoken like a truely ignorant fella.
You that is so righteous, what dies your bible say abt condemnation?
Keep throwing stones, your own judgement aeaits you.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 16, 2014
sakaguchi: I think most Nigerians are homophobic. Look at my post on nairaland before, I don't homosexuality and I know (not think), I know it is bad. I believed it should be illegal and criminalised. I support the 14 year jail

But as Christians, let us remember that woman caught in the act of adultery. "Though shall not commit adultery" is one of the 10 commandments, yet, Jesus christ showed her love while himself condemning adultery. Note, he didn't condemn the sinner. He even said anybody who looks at anybody lustfully is guilty of adultery yet he never condemned the woman.

Let us not play God. I think it is bad for us to close the church away from gays?

I also think it is bad not to preach against it.

This man may be preaching against the act we don't know. But since he's a Catholic Bishop, you'll expect him to preach against the act. Homosexuality is a sin, nothing changes that. Let the church embrace all sinners and increase its voice preaching against sin.

Any catholic who is not happy with that can go and protest and form his own new church. People have being protesting (protestant) and it will not be new? The stance of the church about homosexuality is clear for all to see, as a matter of fact, no other religion, church, organisation or group are more attacked for their stance against homosexuality than the Catholic church, though they will try, Jesus christ promise the church that the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.
So because Jesus showed love to a woman that committed adultery,we should start overlooking adultery.what if ur wife did d Same thing
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Freshpage(m): 5:23am On Jul 16, 2014
Gush! Wht a shame. All dis hypocritic Bishops... The next wil be, dnt hate d rapist, hate d act. Dnt hate d criminal, hate d crime.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by blackpanda: 5:24am On Jul 16, 2014
ghettodreamz: The so-called Bishop is so confused.

Yes, SIN is SIN, whether homosexuality or fornication. But, how does calling homophobes sick people equates to showing the homosexuals respect and compassions? If they truly deserve all these; then they equally deserve being told the undiluted truth - that God is against such practices of same-se>< relationship. Let the Bishop stop pleasing MEN and face reality of life, otherwise millions of these people would end up being misled to eternal damnation and so many people's blood would be on Him on that glorious day of accountability.

No one is greater than the WORD of God, and God is not a respecter of humans. He is frankly against the ACT and for the same reason he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah in the Bible, I believe we all know the story.

We are truly in the END time, where truth are no more being told by the so-called MEN of GOD, it seems a lot of them value and respect humans much more than the WORD of God. And they are so ready to trade earthly reward for heavenly treasures. Otherwise, I see no reason why a Bishop would have spewed such a gibberish. To have baptized daughter of same-se>< couple says more about the so-called Bishop and whatever he represents.

God created Adam and formed Eve out of the rib he took from Adam's, and not ADAM & ADAM. In accordance to Genesis 2:24, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

He didn't say a MAN shall leave his parents and be joined to another man or a WOMAN would be joined to another WOMAN.

Why then have we decided to turn the Bible upside down in the name of pleasing mankind and being acceptable in the sight of men, rather than GOD. Little wonder, the book of Matthew 7:22-23 says

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! "

No one is born with same-sex sexual preference, the idea that people are born that way is erroneous, immoral and demonic. Even the animals know much more better.

Besides, if same-sex couple could have been knowledgeable enough to have bought sperm from the sperm banks or from donors so as to procreate; then it means they are in their right senses and know that all things on earth, things beneath the earth and in Heaven are beautifully, uniquely and perfectly created by GOD. Why then have humans decided to re-create things and change creations hiding behind the false and erroneous ideology of sexual preference.

I for one, disprove and loathe homosexuality and people who practices such. But who am I to judge anyone? Judgment is the Lord's and he will surely judge all man according to his/her works on that glorious day.

Nowadays, so many heresies oozing from the altars and we Christians need to stand firm in the Lord, believe in the word of God and not MAN.

It is well.

Since you know howhow to quote bible very well, I hope u are also very perfect in your ways!
You must follow the laws of bible to the latter. because if you dont, your own part of hell will be the hottest!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by blackpanda: 5:27am On Jul 16, 2014
yemaldo:
So because Jesus showed love to a woman that committed adultery,we should start overlooking adultery.what if ur wife did d Same thing

But I thot u were christian? You knpw, 'christ-like'? U shld be following jesus ways, otherwise you become nothing but a hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by victorazy(m): 5:29am On Jul 16, 2014
jayseehe: this man is sick. doesn't he have a bible

All these things will happen during the coming of the Son of God "End time"
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by victorazy(m): 5:31am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

But I thot u were christian? You knpw, 'christ-like'? U shld be following jesus ways, otherwise you become nothing but a hypocrite

Jesus never overlooked the adulterous woman, but He said "go and sin no more"

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ghettodreamz(m): 5:33am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

Since you know howhow to quote bible very well, I hope u are also very perfect in your ways!
You must follow the laws of bible to the latter. because if you dont, your own part of hell will be the hottest!

I am not PERFECT. However, the prayer is, that GOD in his infinite mercies should always re-orientate us whenever we are backsliding, and grant us the grace to run the Christianity race to a glorious end. Matthew 24:13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. "
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

Am not a christian,tell me,would you show love to ur wife after she committed adultery
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 16, 2014
I have had enough with the catholic church....giving up

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by blackpanda: 5:39am On Jul 16, 2014
victorazy:

Jesus never overlooked the adulterous woman, but He said "go and sin no more"

So why cant you say the same to homosexuals? Why is punishing, humiliating and spreading hatred the right thing to do?

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by victorazy(m): 5:40am On Jul 16, 2014
tevinsolt: 1 Corinthians 6:11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

1 John 1:9-10
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

James 2:10
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

Romans 3:10
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;

The bishop na sick, mad, deluded dude.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Elvis214(m): 5:41am On Jul 16, 2014
The man is suffering from mental derailment!!!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by blackpanda: 5:44am On Jul 16, 2014
ghettodreamz:

I am not PERFECT. However, the prayer is, that GOD in his infinite mercies should always re-orientate us whenever we are backsliding, and grant us the grace to run the Christianity race to a glorious end. Matthew 24:13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. "

Better. If youspend time preparing and working on your righteousness, you will have no time to be searching for how to persecute homosexuals.
The only thing you owe a sinner is love and compaddion. Not hate!

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by victorazy(m): 5:44am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

So why cant you say the same to homosexuals? Why is punishing, humiliating and spreading hatred the right thing to do?

Bros! If the useless bishop openly confess to them that homo is a sin, I believe they will hear his voice but some so called catholic bishops are making it known to them that is never a sin and that has been the golfing tool of our agument here, I wonder if they read Bible at all.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ghettodreamz(m): 5:52am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

Better. If youspend time preparing and working on your righteousness, you will have no time to be searching for how to persecute homosexuals.
The only thing you owe a sinner is love and compaddion. Not hate!

The point is, many of these people never see their evil practices as being sin, instead they would rather hide under the demonic ideology of I was born with this se><ual preference, which is nothing but lie from the pit of hell. No one, is born gay/lesbian.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Bennyberry(m): 5:57am On Jul 16, 2014
lepasharon: Christianity of today ? grin...A big JOKE ! This is why im not a christian.
U CAN GO ND DIE.WHO CARES ABT U MAKING HEAVEN OR NOT.#proudofyourfoolishness

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Vansnickers: 6:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Abeg, face your work.

Some of you have not even eaten, all you do is stick your noses in the business of others.

Swerve johrrr.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.