Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. (14840 Views)

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

I have been there, dude.
It was looking shanty, so I wrote it off.
keep up with the lies.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
I want to propose a challenge. Let us list all the things that might qualify a city as developed and see if any other city can surpass Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by nonjebose(m): 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Some comments are at best hilarious. I will only limit myself to the comparison between Ibadan and Asaba. I have lived in both cities for years,and regularly visit both till date. Ibadan is definitely more developed than Asaba from all indices. I don't pass through them,I live in both cities.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

I have been there, dude.
It was looking shanty, so I wrote it off.

Do you know that some of the most expensive estates in the country are in the city? You have not been to Ibadan woman.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by victorVIC1(m): 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
nwabekeyi: Haven gone to most state capitals in Nigeria, I will be able to draw a conclusion that these are arguably the most developed state capitals in nigeria. In no specific other: ikeja, kaduna, port harcourt, enugu, kano, calabar, benin, ibadan, owerri, jos.

Trust me @ op...This list is incomplete without Katsina
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by heir01(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
django1:

You must be a child. Comedy extra. So there are more roads and bridges in uyo than Ibadan? Lol. These children sha.
Funny lad..... so if you don't use inappropriate or abusive words you won't drive home your point? Well clearly your sentiments still lord over you else you'd have clearly seen that I placed a higher priority on modernization over mere numbers.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
django1:

Do you know that some of the most expensive estates in the country are in the city? You have not been to Ibadan woman.

How many estates have u visited in other cities to make this conclusion?
Other cities don't have even more expansive estates?
Am not going into that argument of whether I have been to Ibadan or not, its not even sth to brag about.
The city is not fine, must I enter an estate to feel a nice city?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
django1: I want to propose a challenge. Let us list all the things that might qualify a city as developed and see if any other city can surpass Ibadan.
Ibadan dude, Lolz.
My only argument is that its not fine.
u no go kill yourself over Ibadan matter
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by emiye(m): 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ibadan hosts roughly 5 million people , and spans across eleven (11) local government area. Oyo state population should be roughly 9-10million in 2014, although the 2006 census puts it at 5.6 million.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by emiye(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
nonjebose: Some comments are at best hilarious. I will only limit myself to the comparison between Ibadan and Asaba. I have lived in both cities for years,and regularly visit both till date. Ibadan is definitely more developed than Asaba from all indices. I don't pass through them,I live in both cities.

I mean, it is so ridiculous comparing ibadan to asaba.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by heir01(m): 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Abagworo: . Uyo cannot be compared with Ibadan in any way. It still has a long way to go. Ibadan is ancient but also has modern parts 3 times larger than Uyo metropolis or even more. In the East Port-Harcourt is by far the most developed city in everything including population, size, roads, business, housing, entertainment, number of standard Stadium, corporate organizations, largest oil industries in Africa, 2 refineries, one petrochemical, oil export terminals and rigs, standard hotels and high concentration of wealthy people.
My brother I don't think size adds up to a city or country being developed else most countries that make up Europe wouldn't be considered developed. In fact I'd say size is a minus. Consider big nations like China, India and maybe Brazil with their large economies and technological advancements yet they are not considered as 1st world countries. The development has to be spread evenly (at least to most parts). No sentiments bro but if you haven't visited Uyo you might think this is all fake hype.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by obeski13(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
It is a shame that a lot of people dont know what development is all about.how can we compare Uyo with ibadan?where is development in ibadan?is it d chaotic transport system, with very old vehicles dat ply d road that we call devt.is it d old and rustic building dat abounds or poor draining system we want to talk abt?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
heir01:
My brother I don't think size adds up to a city or country being developed else most countries that make up Europe wouldn't be considered developed. In fact I'd say size is a minus. Consider big nations like China, India and maybe Brazil with their large economies and technological advancements yet they are not considered as 1st world countries. The development has to be spread evenly (at least to most parts). No sentiments bro but if you haven't visited Uyo you might think this is all fake hype.
. I do visit Uyo regularly and Ibadan once in a while. Beyond the size, Ibadan is still more advanced. Uyo has a long way to go and its just at the earliest stage of development. Along the new and few major roads are some good landscaping and government structures but Uyo town is not developed and has very bad narrow roads and poor housing. Ibadan on the other hand has some parts that date back over 200years and some that are very modern but everything Uyo is still trying to have, has long existed in Ibadan even though its still rusty as we all know.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:
Ibadan dude, Lolz.
My only argument is that its not fine.
u no go kill yourself over Ibadan matter

Enugu dudess Pele. Your argument is not based on any facts, therefore it is baseless and useless moreso when the thread centered on development.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by emiye(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
obeski13: It is a shame that a lot of people dont know what development is all about.how can we compare Uyo with ibadan?where is development in ibadan?is it d chaotic transport system, with very old vehicles dat ply d road that we call devt.is it d old and rustic building dat abounds or poor draining system we want to talk abt?
so before 2007, when molue was still in vogue in lagos, you would have said uyo is more developed than lagos. transport syatem is not really different from what you will find any where else, and the current govt is improving on it with mass transit buses.

Development will check out for industries, economic activities vibrancy, tertiary institutions and other academic institutions, road networks, tourist centres, hotel and hospitality industry,,.... GDP contributing stuffs,....e.t.c.

So, i think you really need to understand what development is.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects: 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
I will keep restating this fact. There is only about 1 or 2 developed cities in Nigeria, Abuja comes to mind.

PH, Lagos and Ibadan are big cities (landmass) but are pure slums in the real sense of it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
django1:

Enugu dudess Pele. Your argument is not based on any facts, therefore it is baseless and useless moreso when the thread centered on development.

But I have been there nah, what exactly is ur problem?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
ChinoElects: I will keep restating this fact. There is only about 1 or 2 developed cities in Nigeria, Abuja comes to mind.

PH, Lagos and Ibadan are big cities (landmass) but are pure slums in the real sense of it.

True

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

How many estates have u visited in other cities to make this conclusion?
Other cities don't have even more expansive estates?
Am not going into that argument of whether I have been to Ibadan or not, its not even sth to brag about.
The city is not fine, must I enter an estate to feel a nice city?

Go here :
http://www.privateproperty.com.ng/news/feature/top-10-most-expensive-property-locations-in-nigeria.htm?id=887

Some places in Ibadan will make Enugu look like shiiit. I pity your ignorance, there's a reason we have the fastest broadband connection in Nigeria. How many cities in Nigeria even know what broadband is. Lol. Smellos.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects: 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
You mean these 'choice' properties?

django1:

Go here :
http://www.privateproperty.com.ng/news/feature/top-10-most-expensive-property-locations-in-nigeria.htm?id=887

Some places in Ibadan will make Enugu look like shiiit. I pity your ignorance, there's a reason we have the fastest broadband connection in Nigeria. How many cities in Nigeria even know what broadband is. Lol. Smellos.

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
You mean this exotic properties can actually make any other place look shitty?

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
emiye: so before 2007, when molue was still in vogue in lagos, you would have said uyo is more developed than lagos. transport syatem is not really different from what you will find any where else, and the current govt is improving on it with mass transit buses.

Development will check out for industries, economic activities vibrancy, tertiary institutions and other academic institutions, road networks, tourist centres, hotel and hospitality industry,,.... GDP contributing stuffs,....e.t.c.

So, i think you really need to nderstand what development is.
u must have not been to many cities outside SW to say transport system is same.
Ibadan by virtue of being old has acquired what u mentioned above and most tnz are in the capital, while in akwa ibom, there are many hotels in eket, with wonderful road network too.
Talking abt road networks, Ibadan is not even in that league of places sef.
Ibadan might be developed from your point of argument but the shanty nature underrates the place.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects: 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
You mean this is what you call city?

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by emiye(m): 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreen123:
u must have not been to many cities outside SW to say transport system is same.
Ibadan by virtue of being old has acquired what u mentioned above and most tnz are in the capital, while in akwa ibom, there are many hotels in eket, with wonderful road network too.
Talking abt road networks, Ibadan is not even in that league of places sef.
Ibadan might be developed from your point of argument but the shanty nature underrates the place.
I wont be surprised if you start your usual tribalistic rant, i know what you are reputable of. You are a girl that will sooner or later change your ways.

The bone of contention is someone barefaced compared uyo with ibadan, that looks likes blasphemy to me.

The thread is talking abt capitals, you are talking something else undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by heir01(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Abagworo: . I do visit Uyo regularly and Ibadan once in a while. Beyond the size, Ibadan is still more advanced. Uyo has a long way to go and its just at the earliest stage of development. Along the new and few major roads are some good landscaping and government structures but Uyo town is not developed and has very bad narrow roads and poor housing. Ibadan on the other hand has some parts that date back over 200years and some that are very modern but everything Uyo is still trying to have, has long existed in Ibadan even though its still rusty as we all know.
Okay
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
ChinoElects: You mean these 'choice' properties?

I don't really have time for your stale gimmicks.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
@ django, funny u.
List the prices of those in Abeokuta n Ibadan, let's compare with estates in Onitsha, Enugu, owerri.
Don't start what u can't finish bro, like I said, while other cities look aesthetic (I mean outside estates), Ibadan doesn't.
Enough said.
Many ppl actually use modernity to judge these tnz.
When most of a landmass is filled with slums, selling the place might be difficult.
I passed through Ibadan in a vehicle for over 45 minutes and all I saw was a choked up city without good planning n aesthetics, then the long stretch of shanties.
Must i enter an estate before i appreciate a place? No nah.
I also noticed it has many foreign industries.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
emiye:
I wont be surprised if you start your usual tribalistic rant, i know what you are reputable of. You are a girl that will sooner or later change your ways.

The bone of contention is someone barefaced compared uyo with ibadan, that looks likes blasphemy to me.

The thread is talking abt capitals, you are talking something else undecided undecided

its OK, peace.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ChinoElects: 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
I don't usually have time for grammar, I let pix speak for me!

django1:

I don't really have time for your stale gimmicks.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Can you imagine? Someone spent 45 minutes in Ibadan and suddenly knows all of Ibadan. Probably just went through Iwo road to Lagos Ibadan and boom she knows Ibadan.

We are talking about a place almost the size of some States combined here. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
django1: Can you imagine? Someone spent 45 minutes in Ibadan and suddenly knows all of Ibadan. Probably just went through Iwo road to Lagos Ibadan and boom she knows Ibadan.

We are talking about a place almost the size of some States combined here. Smh.

I never said I know all of Ibadan.
Ppl that have lived /schooled in Ibadan share same stories or is ui located at Iwo road, I don't want to continue this discussion, I have said my mind from page 0
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by eaglechild: 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
TribalEAST: Asaba should be compared to the smallest local governmebt in Ibadan because[b] ibadan alone is bigger than delta state and bayelsa put together.[/b] ibadan alone has 2 federal higher institutions and several private universities, amusement park, zoo, first TV station, 3 shoprite complexes(one of which is their biggest outlet in africa) etc. It's silly comparing a town that just started developing with a city which has been in existence before the white men came, which if made a state, will produce 6 capitals the size of asaba.
You must have made F9 in Geography.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Sacks Kelvin Wachuku As Commissioner 6 Months After Appointment / Aisha Buhari, Michelle Obama To Receive Awards At Miss Inspire Beauty Pagent / Adeyeye: I Won’t Be Shocked If Another Northerner Succeeds Buhari In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.