Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. (14816 Views)

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2014
WIZGUY69:
You are always a warrior on the Internet, but in
real life we know your kinds.
NAIVE!!
what's wrong with this bonobo?
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by WIZGUY69(m): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2014
customized13: what's wrong with this bonobo?
You can ask your family members the question.
Irrelevant pi.g
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by baslone: 10:17am On Jul 17, 2014
So much hype about Enugu.

Not really a bad place but I see no difference compared to Ilorin town.

Its just there!!! Nothing after!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2014
customized13: what's wrong with this bonobo?

It seems you just watched dawn of planet of apes.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by chinjo(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2014
nwabekeyi: Haven gone to most state capitals in Nigeria, I will be able to draw a conclusion that these are arguably the most developed state capitals in nigeria. In no specific other: ikeja, kaduna, port harcourt, enugu, kano, calabar, benin, ibadan, owerri, jos.

OP please tell me what defines development. I am based in calabar and can tell u that apart from Unicem and Flour mills, there are no industries in calabar. They have good road network and the town is neat no doubt about that. In my own opinion I think development should be holistic.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by filiks(m): 10:47am On Jul 17, 2014
harlyon: according to the latest infrastructure,good roads,cleanliness and planing...
Abuja
Calabar
Uyo
Ikeja
Porthacourt
Kano
Kaduna

Enugu
Owerri
Asaba

Nice list too. I've not been to Kano or Kaduna so I can't talk about them but I've been to and spent quality time(s) in all the other cities so I'll just close my eyes to Kano and Kaduna and your list still makes a whole lot of sense!
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by ebankole: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2014
django1:

It was lost during the attack on nairaland.

I know.
I miss that thread,so bad it was affected....so bad.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
baslone: So much hype about Enugu.

Not really a bad place but I see no difference compared to Ilorin town.

Its just there!!! Nothing after!

dream on
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
The only aspect of devt in Ibadan is the presence of some foreign industries.
Other aspects of devt as planning, impressive housing, cleanliness, city looks/swags are not there.
The dude mentioning bodija estate should tell us whether other cities lack estates.
In that regard, I wl prefer eket .
If the only aesthetic part of a city is the estate, then its just not it.
Devt has many facets.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
WIZGUY69:
You can ask your family members the question.
Irrelevant pi.g
whatever, so far you know you are a bonobo.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
In this order and you will be surprised if you called in an independent foreign city planners to come and inspect top cities and draw conclusions, they will all rate them as follows;

1. Enugu... Best planned and developing massively.
2. Calabar...Very well planned although slacking in development; steady development.
3. Uyo...also developing massively.

This list will surprised people especially those from SW who don't travel and may be wondering what is Enugu doing on the list as asked by many westerners in this thread. I read one comparing Enugu to Akure and Ilorin, I laughed and almost threw up my ingested food. You are able to make such stup$id comparison because you don't travel and don't blame you. Let me walk you Yorubas who don't travel through some known facts....Enugu is the newest planned city outside of Abuja. It was the former capital of Eastern Nigeria; Eastern Nigerian Government were not st$upid to have moved the capital from Calabar to Enugu. It was moved in the same manner and thorough assessment that Nigerian Government moved its capital from Lagos to Abuja. Enugu road grid/network is second only to Abuja. If you look at Enugu from aerial map or photos, it looks exactly like Abuja; you can barely tell the difference. The city is meticulously planned, beautiful trees and MODERN...yes modern/newer. Don't mistake plan with development. On plan, it's is second to Abuja only, though Abuja is well developed by far. Enugu 5 yrs from now will be something else. This is coming from an estate developer who has access to virtually all 36 states' master plan; we use it to project growth in the market.

Modern City Planning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3eXYNv35U

See facts about Enugu. Focus on city planning, level of development and infrastructure; particularly on road grid/network... not much difference with Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUP9U2Gj3-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrEtk0rBdbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2krrOJ3Yfw

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
new2020: In this order and you will be surprised if you called in an independent foreign city planners to come and inspect top cities and draw conclusions, they will all rate them as follows;

1. Enugu... Best planned and developing massively.
2. Calabar...Very well planned although slacking in development; steady development.
3. Uyo...also developing massively.

This list will surprised people especially those from SW who don't travel and may be wondering what is Enugu doing on the list as asked by many westerners in this thread. I read one comparing Enugu to Akure and Ilorin, I laughed and almost threw up my ingested food. You are able to make such stup$id comparison because you don't travel and don't blame you. Let me walk you Yorubas who don't travel through some known facts....Enugu is the newest planned city outside of Abuja. It was the former capital of Eastern Nigeria; Eastern Nigerian Government were not st$upid to have moved the capital from Calabar to Enugu. It was moved in the same manner and thorough assessment that Nigerian Government moved its capital from Lagos to Abuja. Enugu road grid/network is second only to Abuja. If you look at Enugu from aerial map or photos, it looks exactly like Abuja; you can barely tell the difference. The city is meticulously planned, beautiful trees and MODERN...yes modern/newer. Don't mistake plan with development. On plan, it's is second to Abuja only, though Abuja is well developed by far. Enugu 5 yrs from now will be something else. This is coming from an estate developer who has access to virtually all 36 states' master plan; we use it to project growth in the market.

See facts about Enugu. Focus on city planning, level of development and infrastructure; particularly on road grid/network... not much difference with Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUP9U2Gj3-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrEtk0rBdbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2krrOJ3Yfw
Guy!
you are a fo.ol.
everybody is enitled to his/her opinion.
NONSENSE
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
WIZGUY69: Guy!
you are a fo.ol.
everybody is enitled to his/her opinion.
NONSENSE

I try not to respond to comments that come no where to the vicinity of reason. Take your yoruba jealousy and dirty mind somewhere else.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is Owerri. Only one thing gives it out as Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbD5lwcNbt8
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by cruise14(f): 3:41am On Jul 28, 2014
How come none of them is taking up this challenge? is it because they know Ibadan is ahead of all their towns or all the pictures they have been posting cannot be backed up with facts?

@all you either take up the challenge Or accept your cities are villages compared to Ibadan.

This is your last chance to show the world if you can measure to Ibadan. Do it now or don't ever say a word about Ibadan again.

django1: I want to propose a challenge. Let us list all the things that might qualify a city as developed and see if any other city can surpass Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by solonaire(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2017
Latest developed state in Nigeria (1)lagos. (2)calabar (3) Akwalbom (4)rivers (5)Delta (6) Enugu. (7)imo. (cool Kaduna (9) Kano (10) Ondo
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by rlauncher(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2017
It's funny here. People who have never being to Ibadan commenting about it.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by rlauncher(m): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2017
I want to propose a challenge. Let us list all the things that might qualify a city as developed and see if any other city can surpass Ibadan.

Ibadan is by far more advanced than most of the listed state capitals. It has more developed networks of good roads than most state capitals in Nigeria. The ancient buildings people talk about are very neat and functional , beautifully furnished with water and electricity. The city is well planned . Passersby cannot give adequate description of the city. You need to deliberately visit Ibadan to understand the level of development of the city.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by rlauncher(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2017
solonaire:
Latest developed state in Nigeria (1)lagos. (2)calabar (3) Akwalbom (4)rivers (5)Delta (6) Enugu. (7)imo. (cool Kaduna (9) Kano (10) Ondo

Reference please.
Re: 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. by rlauncher(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2017
If all you know about Ibadan are the trash some snowflakes post on nairaland, then you don't know Ibadan at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Advocates Safe Conversion Of Petrol To LPG As Fuel For Domestic Use / How APC Shared Party Structure In Rivers Between Amaechi, Wike Loyalists / Nigeria's Minister Of Environment Amina Mohammed Has No Degree!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.