Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62582 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by coobboy(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2014
Atheist, atheist, atheist ( you call your selves the all loving people yet, you want to tarnish the image of christians. why not be on your own and leave. Christians alone and make a book of yours, always reading the bible when you don't believe in it who does that? Just looking for a way to get the world to know you don't believe in God).

You can't understand the bible just by cherry picking, do your self no harm and read in reference.

Believers I believe when you read the book of hebrews, it summarizes the old testament you will have a better understanding

Most of the things written here are the laws of moses.
Even if I start talking more about the bible u would never understand With your blocked in mind trying to explain the bible(spiritual things) with logical things.
No matter how hard u try to tarnish the image of christians or try to delude our minds in such nonsense it won't work... We can't all be atheist.
No matter how hard you try to read the bible with a whole lotta doubt in you thinking u can understand the bible u ain gonna know nothing

The more you think you know the lesser your understanding is

5 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by piroskey94(m): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: The more I look, the less I see* sad
The more you look, the less you see? could you please elaborte?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Janeify(f): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite: Just shows you that the Bible (and the Quran) is not the word of God as it lacks intellectual power in aspects.

These are just a bunch of silly stories by, and values of, basic-thinking medieval human beings who talk thrash about 'speaking to God', but anyone with a brain would spot this by the rudimentary thinking in aspects of the ideas of this God.

Yet people centuries later waste one day of the week of their lives going to worship based on this bunch of rubbish given to them by medieval, power-seeking, importance-seeking illiterates (who spoke to God grin ).

I would rather watch TV and enjoy my life. So many TV programmes I can catch up on, instead of wasting my time trying to avoid the "hell fire" of some psychotic God.

Fire ko, Tire ni. grin

Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by cvxta(m): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2014
tank God...he nr ban weed...So am Nt worried

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by piroskey94(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: The more I look, the less I see* sad
The more you look, the less you see? Could you please elaborate?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by phadat(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2014
Is this not the reason for Jesus death, for all have sinned and fall short but we now have grace
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by StreamerBlogger: 11:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Apatheist:
Says who?
Are you god?
Just to bring ur ignorance to ur attention GOD didn't write d Bible. The Bible was written by Humans who cubbed everything to there own blives.The Bible u read now is neva d complete version of the Bible. Pages torn off to suit there own personal blives. So please try to b less Ignorant and don't blive everything written in d Bible as d complete truth. For example d case of tattoos read dat verse in three different Bibles and u see wat am talking about..Note d Word For The DEAD in d verse den u see how ignorant religious fanatics really are.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by sunnyolads1(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2014
@OP. Thanks for the thread.However, most of the quotes in your thread are no longer valid due to the grace we obtained through the blood of Jesus Christ. I may not get the place to quote rightly but in the book of Romans, God shew Peter a vision that what He has sanctified do not call it unclean. And that is why christianity came to Nigeria because it was a gentile nation before. If all what you stated in the thread were still valid to date and followed there will be no single christian here in Nigeria because God commanded that His people (in the Old Testament) should have nothing to do with uncircumsized and gentiles.In view of this, we are under the grace and not under the law as Apostle Paul explained..

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2014
oilykid: who takes the bible serious this days.I stopped reading that book a long time ago and ever since then my life has changed for better smiley smiley

Hmmm. I pray you still have cause to smile when death comes...

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by justi4jesu(f): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2014
Ninilowo: wetin we go con dey chop nah?

na steady fasting tinz oh tongue tongue
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by coobboy(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2014
sunnyolads1: @OP. Thanks for the thread.However, most of the quotes in your thread are no longer valid due to the grace we obtained through the blood of Jesus Christ. I may not get the place to quote rightly but in the book of Romans, God shew Peter a vision that what He has sanctified do not call it unclean. And that is why christianity came to Nigeria because it was a gentile nation before. If all what you stated in the thread were still valid to date and followed there will be no single christian here in Nigeria because God commanded that His people (in the Old Testament) should have nothing to do with uncircumsized and gentiles.In view of this, we are under the grace and not under the law as Apostle Paul explained..
Glory whoo
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by experimentist: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2014
She tell me she nah let go, she tell me she nah let go.. Caw me get gyal anywhere mi go. But ah you me love everybody know.. Me get gyal everywhere me guh 2x... She like wen mi c*ocky hard like bamboo, she seh di ting mek she cool. Uh!

Verse 1.............
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2014
I wonder if I should expose the pagan origins of Easter. Lent and the period of abstinence and self-reflection, the idea of resurrection, the time of year in which it is celebrated, even the very name "Easter" which comes from its original name, Ēostre or Ostara (Old English: Ēastre), the pagan goddess of spring.

I won't say it though. Nigerians cherish their forced religion too much. But feel free to look it up.

(daughter of a history prof)

6 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by vicoloni(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 2. T-Shirts:

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." - Leviticus 19:19

This Biblical rule doesn't even make sense. Why is wearing two different materials such a bad thing? Fabric blends are used in most clothing items these days, and without weaving cotton and polyester together we wouldn't have comfortable t-shirts that don't shrink!

Thank God for Jesus who paid ALL the price. No more condemnation.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Johncuppa(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2014
U took many of these ur points 4rm d old testament. However, Jesus had came to redeemed many of these u mentioned 4rm d old testament, especialy those dat ave to do with eating of meat and d issue of cloth-shirt. Though there are stil some dat are relevant in whch Jesus and d pauline revelation spoke abt such as dressing, sex b4 marriage, gluttoning and others.

1corin8: 8, But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do

More over, " So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1corinth 10:31

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2014
tongue
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by jamace(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmm. undecided
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by mynahbeau(f): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite: Just shows you that the Bible (and the Quran) is not the word of God as it lacks intellectual power in aspects.

These are just a bunch of silly stories by, and values of, basic-thinking medieval human beings who talk thrash about 'speaking to God', but anyone with a brain would spot this by the rudimentary thinking in aspects of the ideas of this God.

Yet people centuries later waste one day of the week of their lives going to worship based on this bunch of rubbish given to them by medieval, power-seeking, importance-seeking illiterates (who spoke to God grin ).

I would rather watch TV and enjoy my life. So many TV programmes I can catch up on, instead of wasting my time trying to avoid the "hell fire" of some psychotic God.

Fire ko, Tire ni. grin
U NEED HELP
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
They more I read/study/try to understand the Bible and read write ups like this, the more confused I get
piroskey94: The more you look, the less you see? could you please elaborte?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
lomprico:
If they do then NOBODY is going to heaven!
My point exactly. smiley
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: They more I read/study/try to understand the Bible and read write ups like this, the more confused I am...

You aren't alone. It was designed to be difficult to understand. Designed by those in power, to make their subjects easier to rule, most of whom were uneducated at that time. There are also many inaccuracies and contradictions due to the history of how Christianity was cobbled together.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Emmaomotob(m): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!
First is very relivant and okay
Second is not relivant since the clothes used then and now differ and has to duel more on culture
Third holds since it not talking about entertainment but bar chat and laughter,talking about women you slept with e.t.c
Fourth holds since it talks about simplicity
Fifth holds.Do you have to gossip?Celebrity gossip is just quoting out of box.
Sixth: Do you have to be promiscuous?How would u feel if your spouse is cheating or don't u know the breaking of this law by the whites has lead to killing of millions by STD's
7th is an old Jewish law.
8th why not cross breed with a monkey,animals also have feelings
9th Another old Jewish law
Ten:Tattoos look absurd.Can't imagine me having permanent mark.
11th is a good law but not practicable anymore since we now live in a world of immense struggle;every second counts.
Twelve I really don't like pigs but I think its mainly for your health and because of their dirty and distructive attitude.

**last gun** I think those saying women shouldn't talk are domineering,self centered and doesn't follow God's words as he created women to assist.Also women are so emotional and fragile that you can't just fix those laws although I don't support female pope,Jesus said:Go into the world and preach and I think that should include women.
Also if God stereotypes women,someone like Deborah wouldn't have existed **
PLS IF THIS HAS SOLVED THE PUZZLE,CLICK ON LIKE. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
For real...
MissMeiya:

You aren't alone. It was designed to be difficult to understand by those in power to make their subjects easier to rule. There are also many inaccuracies and contradictions due to the history of how Christianity was cobbled together.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Elebiju: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

You're too right. Many things about Christianity were created to solve problems such as these.

The Christmas holiday, for example, comes from the pagan celebration of Saturnalia of the ancient Romans. It was imported in an attempt to attract converts.
That's why it occurs on December 25th. No one knows when Jesus was born.
The Christmas tree comes from the cult of Asheira, who worshiped trees. Again, included to attract converts.
Mistletoe, Druidic cults.
Christmas presents, Saturnalia, a holiday of debauchery and excess.
Santa Claus: "Saint" Nicholas was worshipped by cults. The Church made him a saint and added him to the religion.

Very little about Christianity is not invented or borrowed from someone's (European) culture. Which makes it even more ridiculous for Africans to follow it.
The Catholic church is the prime suspect If you discovered that Christmas had nothing to do with Jesus Christ's birth and actually predates that event by centuries, would you still celebrate the holiday? And if you realized that the Bible reveals Holy Days commanded by God, would you celebrate them instead?When I was a young boy, I looked forward to Christmas every Dec. 25. Shortly before one particular Christmas, while still in secondary school, one of my schoolmates laughed me to scorn for believing that Father Xmas (Santa Claus) existed. I was mortified.When I returned home that evening, I asked my mom whether Father Xmas was real.She said he wasn't. Privately I thought,"Well, if father xmas isn't real, what is?"Years later I learned that Christmas actually predated Christianity by about 2,000 years. Many ancient nations created their own midwinter festivals and celebrations—which later morphed into Christmas—to honor the sun and other gods around the time of the winter solstice. I also learned that the origins of Christmas contradict true Christianity. Christmas contradicts the biblical facts it's commonly assumed that Christmas is celebrated because it's the birthday of Jesus Christ. But biblical scholars overwhelmingly admit that Jesus was born nowhere near Dec. 25. There are sound reasons for this conclusion. Luke's Gospel tells us that Joseph and Mary were traveling to Bethlehem to register during a Roman census when Jesus was born, and also that shepherds still had their flocks out in the open fields at that time (Luke 2:1-cool. Even fulani herdsmen no fit endure harmattan but the Holy Land in December is cold, rainy and sometimes snowy. No sound-minded shepherd would have been so foolhardy as to leave his flock in the fields at night at that time of year. And no intelligent ruler would compel people to travel many miles to register for a census when the likelihood of bad weather would have made such an effort self-defeating. Why should we believe that Jesus was born on Dec. 25 when the Bible itself plainly contradicts this notion?The birth of Christmas so if Christmas didn't originate with Christ's birth being on Dec. 25, when and how did it originate?Christmas began long before the birth of Jesus Christ. Alexander Hislop's book the Two Babylonsexplores many historical sources showing that the holiday precedes Christ by at least 2,000 years, as earlier mentioned.A nativity celebration for pagan gods was observed near the winter solstice inboth Syria and Egypt. Later, some 400 years before Christ, the Mithraic religion, centering on the Persian sun god Mithras, provided the foundation for the Christmas celebration. Mithraism became very popular in the Roman Empire, and many elements of its worship survive today in Roman Catholicism. My stand;I dont celebrate Xmas but i eat the delicacies.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by smart134: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2014

Fire ko, Tire ni. grin

so u dnt believe in God?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by musachara: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
a
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
In as much as I don't want to argue blindly, I will beg all of you to go and read Galatians 3 verse 1 to the end. The chapter has completely explained the meaning of the law and faith. And if you still believe the op myopic view then it will not be held againts you because the bible is not for the narrowminded thats why we need Men filled with Godly spirit (Real Pastors) to expantiate further. Bless you all.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by DucciJay(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
All that was created was good and beauttiful the pig, women all is for us. all is gud eat all
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by smart134: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mcowubaba: What are Trying to Achieve with this ur Write up..most Laws in the Old Testament, are the laws of moses(given by GOD)..christians which is christ-like...we live by the Righteousness nd Faith in our Lord Jesus christ..we are not justified by Law..but By Faith..read Romans chapter 2 to chapter 4, for more Understanding..God bless U..nd hope u went to Church...
ur a blessing to our generation! Tell dem...d truth abt ppl is dat! Dey dnt Read!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by abdulkayus(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

Please do explain. Don't chicken out now after you just told us that Muhammed was not a real Muslim.

That is y I said u will nt understand cos u just lie abt wat o wrote now.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2014

Fire ko, Tire ni. grin

Right now, hell doesn't care what you believe. The clock of life is ticking.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nigeria seriously needs to release some of this religious zealotry. If the people who invented the phones and computers, the internet, and all their various components had stubbornly rejected logic and science and education the way many Nigerians do, there wouldn't be a Nairaland for them to type their oft-misspelled decrying of science and history as "propaganda".

Nigeria is too brainwashed by its imposed religion. Where are our researchers and inventors and discoveries? Our artists and creative thinkers? Quelled by the stifling and censorious environment of religious Nigeria.

It even keeps Nigerians meek in the face of corrupt governance. The fact that a government can have the audacity to tell its people to pray for a solution, as Nigeria's government does, defies belief.

Religion was a tool used by colonists to make Africans passive and unquestioning to authority. And it worked disgustingly well, even after they left.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Visits Force Headquarters, Abuja (photos) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.