Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62577 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2014
_____
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by fuckyouhard: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2014
abdulkayus:

Idiotic blind man like u. Wat bring d issue of muslim here or abt theor fastin? Is it wat d topic is all about? Or is it a muslim that open d thread to caatigaye u ppl? Y always likin to lookin for trouble? Or is it that u hav been caught in ur web that u are nw tryin to distract d attention?
Guy, u hav fail if that is ur aim. If u hav any point to counter d OP, do so bt dont bring muslim issue here.
Blind man.
blah blah blah blah blah blah! fool, buh u enjoy it when ur fellow suicide bomber opens a thread n start badmouthin Christians, don't u? u have failed too! fool, what ur busy condemnin are things of the old most of which are no longer applicable. but u support those who kill for ur lazy god in the name of jihad. quote me again n die

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2014
Ashmark:

Is Corinthians Old testament?.... Women Speaking in church (1 Corinthians 14:34 -35)
When it comes to Bible matters...women are minorities...
God only dealt with men...
so the question should be directed to your God..
For holding women in contempt!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by oilykid(m): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2014
megabyte2: did you just say your life changed for better since you stop reading the Bible SMH for you
yea,any thing wrong with it

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Elebiju: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
manuell1021: no contradiction, if u dont hv d spirit of truth use ur BRAIN(NO INSULT)
all this for me alone? oh my God!you flatter me but did u use your initiative when u started practising Christianity at all? Christianity as a religion is an institution and yes a way of life,have you ever care to know more about the institution like you did when you got admission in the university? well maybe you were born a Christian too,We have the bible thanks to the initiative of a pagan king Constantine in a bid to settle the rancour among early Christian denominations. The bible is a compilation of manuscripts *note* not handed directly by God or dictated to stenographers, have you ever use your initiative and think about the existence of different versions of the bible? the Protestant, Catholic and your dear king James version. Do you know there are unpublished books of the Bible in the library at the Vatican city? My preachy friend GOD IS NOT A CONFUSIONIST what matters is the Word in you not your gold cover bible that serves as your head rest every night. If you wanna quote me pls start from your Italian suit wearing pastor with iPads who brainwashes his ragged congregation. Remember,the word in you is the key.

8 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by justi4jesu(f): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
HARDUBUY:
But why do u love what The Creator hates?

angry angry
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by chrisley024(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2014
timmy2409: The bible is a book full of contradictions and an unending supply of ridiculous laws and proclamations.

It's frankly absurd to believe that a god would hold his creations' eternal souls to account based on such a shamble of a book.
Not a book of contradiction. You don't understand it is a different issue and not the book.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I can see a lot of BOKO MOD'S on this forum grin U can't 'play' GOD grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by RebelLeader15(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 1. All-You-Can-Eat Buffets:

"Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags." - Proverbs 23:20-21

The Bible forbids overeating, but now it's a lot harder to eat right compared to Biblical times. Restaurants offer huge portions of delicious food, and all-you-can-eat buffets are the worst offenders. You want to get your money's worth, so you're going to pile your plate high and come back for seconds and thirds.

Abeg tell them....

Oliver ask for more

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by abdulkayus(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

So Muhammed is fake?

Or he did not chop off heads?

U will nt understand even if I explain it to u.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2014
abdulkayus:
U will nt understand even if I explain it to u.

Please do explain. Don't chicken out now after you just told us that Muhammed was not a real Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by megabyte2(f): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2014
oilykid: yea,any thing wrong with it
my people perish because they lack wisdom. May God forgive you
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by zonax(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2014
The good news is that Christ came died and changed some of this laws.
He said we shouldn't call any animal he created unclean, you should adore your hair with oil and good perfume before coming to his presence. Women can now speak in church and can even go into the tabernacle because upon the death of Jesus, the clothe which covered the holies of holy got torn and the tabernacle was open for all which is a sign that the divide between man and God has been bridged. That the old things has passed away and that a new covenant has been entered. The Bible further went on to say that what we take on the inside can not defile you but what comes out of you.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Swiftboy(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2014
Apatheist: MORE:

Rape of a virgin who is engaged. If she is not engaged you only have to marry her and give her father 50 shekels. No mention is made of the girl’s opinion, and no punishment is specified for raping a single non-virgin female. (Deuteronomy 22:25 )

Being the victim of rape, if one is an engaged female virgin
and the rape occurs in a city. If it takes place in a field, the victim is spared because nobody would have heard her screams. (Deuteronomy 22:23 -27)

Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17 ).

Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7 -cool.

Eating aquatic creatures lacking fins or scales
(Deuteronomy 14:9 -10).

Eating any meat not killed according to the kosher practice
(Deuteronomy 12:21 )

Consulting a psychic or spiritualist (Leviticus 19:31 ).

Being a psychic or spiritualist, punishable by death (Leviticus 20:27 ).

Planting more than one kind of seed in a field (Leviticus 19:19).

Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth
(Leviticus 19:19 ).

Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard (Leviticus 19:27 ). This commandment is the reason why Orthodox Jews often sport sidelocks and big beards.

Touching the dead carcass of a pig (Deuteronomy 14:8 ).

Cross-dressing (Deuteronomy 22:5 ).

Women Speaking in church (1 Corinthians 14:34 -35)

lol you'll never understand because you're as cluelless as an atheist can get.lol
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by pimplucious: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2014
I hereby after reading this post renounce, disown, deny the doctrine of Christianity and religion in general and embrace the doctrine of LOVE. LOVE for self and LOVE for humanity.

Sign
Pimip_lucious

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by shevon: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 6. Sex: shocked shocked shocked

"It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman." - 1 Corinthians 7:1

Basically the Bible doesn't want you to have sex unless you're married and it's for the purpose of making a baby. And it's not just sex, but anything even related to sex or even thinking naughty thoughts is against the rules. Good luck trying to follow them!

I beg to disagree on your comment about having sex just for making babies.
You only quoted and based your argument on verse 1, what about verse 2 to 5 (especially 5)?
You people should stop deceiving people then go behind to do exactly opposite of what you preach. This is one of the reasons I hate being dogmatic where religion is concerned.
Mtchewwwwww!!!!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by RebelLeader15(m): 11:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Greedy Pastors:
Let your conversation be without convetousness and be content with things ye have,for he has said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee......HEBREW 13:5
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by arsetalks(m): 11:29am On Jul 20, 2014
The poster of this has shown gross lack of understanding of the BIBLE. My own bible does not forbid most of those things you listed.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 20, 2014
Elebiju: We have the bible thanks to the initiative of a pagan king Constantine in a bid to settle the rancour among early Christian denominations. The bible is a compilation of manuscripts *note* not handed directly by God or dictated to stenographers, have you ever use your initiative and think about the existence of different versions of the bible? the Protestant, Catholic and your dear king James version.

You're too right. Many things about Christianity were created to solve problems such as these.

The Christmas holiday, for example, comes from the pagan celebration of Saturnalia of the ancient Romans. It was imported in an attempt to attract converts.
That's why it occurs on December 25th. No one knows when Jesus was born.
The Christmas tree comes from the cult of Asheira, who worshiped trees. Again, included to attract converts.
Mistletoe, Druidic cults.
Christmas presents, Saturnalia, a holiday of debauchery and excess.
Santa Claus: "Saint" Nicholas was worshipped by cults. The Church made him a saint and added him to the religion.

Very little about Christianity is not invented or borrowed from someone's (European) culture. Which makes it even more ridiculous for Africans to follow it.

6 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2014
grin grin PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER VERSION OF THE CRITICISM NEXT WEEK SUNDAY FROM BOKO MODS' AND THEIR FOLLOWERS grin grin grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by abatisegun: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 12. Bacon:

"And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you." - Leviticus 11:7-8

Bacon is one of the tastiest things on the entire planet, but the Bible doesn't want us to eat it -- or any part of the pig for that matter. The pig is just one of many "unclean" animals that were forbidden to eat, but only for the strange reason that it eats normally. "Clean" animals like the cow regurgitate their food and eat it again.

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/7191/12-things-you-love-that-are-banned-in-the-bible/77369
. l know some Christian won't accept this they will rather say this law is only for Muslims. may God guide Us to his right way.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Ashmark(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2014
cocoduck:
I know quite well that you Muslims and atheists think that Christians are dumb but we are not. It is because of some people that do not really understand the bible that you are making such statements, these laws are called Mosaic Laws, that is the laws God gave to Moses to govern the Israelites, then later the bible made us know that Moses was a tutor leading to Christ and Christ is the tutor leading us to God. God used the Isrealites as his own special property because of Abraham, even he said to them that it not because they have something special that He has chosen them but because of the promise He made to Abraham. When Moses was alive the Christ has not yet arrived but later the Christ arrived and they rejected him and he rejected them also and instituted what is called a new covenant or agreement with his followers, this time everybody from all corners of the earth are allowed to be members, it is no longer limited to the Jews, with new rules, regulations and requirements, ie you no longer have to sacrifice an animal for atonement, all these dressing rules became a matter of conscience, that is why apostle Paul admonished us to dress MODESTLY,( there is no particular guideline in dressing modestly, it differs widely from place to place).
there are many things involved. Look friend if you want to know the bible, then contact Jehovah's witnesses and study with them, any question you want to ask, ask with an open mind not to put a stud for the person and you will find out that VERY many of these things you here from people (uninformed people for that matter, looking for who they will deceive) are mere hearsay, they will open your eyes. And it is free of charge, it will only cost you your time.

Nice post..Kudos to U..
Please I need more xplanation on tithing. I guess U can say sometin on dt too. I just hope is Mosaic law too
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 20, 2014
_____

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by abatisegun: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 12. Bacon:

"And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you." - Leviticus 11:7-8

Bacon is one of the tastiest things on the entire planet, but the Bible doesn't want us to eat it -- or any part of the pig for that matter. The pig is just one of many "unclean" animals that were forbidden to eat, but only for the strange reason that it eats normally. "Clean" animals like the cow regurgitate their food and eat it again.

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/7191/12-things-you-love-that-are-banned-in-the-bible/77369
. l know some Christian won't accept this they will rather say this law is only for Muslims. may God guide Us to his right way.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by sparkboy4122: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2014
fuckyouhard: blah blah blah blah blah blah! fool, buh u enjoy it when ur fellow suicide bomber opens a thread n start badmouthin Christians, don't u? u have failed too! fool, what ur busy condemnin are things of the old most of which are no longer applicable. but u support those who kill for ur lazy god in the name of jihad. quote me again n die
guy tell am. that their akpos god wey like blood too much. if you go school, em go call member make dem tidy western education, u no be Muslim:onwu........... oga Jesus na d best

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by sparkboy4122: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2014
abatisegun: . l know some Christian won't accept this they will rather say this law is only for Muslims. may God guide Us to his right way.
sorry o... abeg which god u dey talk about. note: na small g i use, in comparison to gods like amadi
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by timnelander: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2014
no -12 is justified
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by nerodenero: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Google is a friend
Sagamite:

Which God is going to judge?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2014
nerodenero: Google is a friend

I should Google to find out which God would judge? grin grin grin grin grin

This is the part I say: "You are a cretinous person".

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Ninilowo(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2014
wetin we go con dey chop nah?

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by nerodenero: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

I should Google to find out which God would judge? grin grin grin grin grin

This is the part I say: "You are a cretinous person".
The thing pain am cheesy grin grin.This is the part I say:I give up on you.Shalom!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ / Apostle Johnson Suleman Visits Force Headquarters, Abuja (photos) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.