Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced (23857 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Naavah: Someone recommended a gnld drug for me cuz I complained of excessive sweating.by day3 these mad boils visited me, chai. I hd boils on my face, armpit, vijay etc. What pained me most ws the price of d said drug.
Most likely was an immunity-depressing drug combo,possibly steroids. U get luck my dear. Swallow responsibly!
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by LivinaPatrick(f): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
I took parlodel,i cant even reason,forgetfulness set in.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Timbi: 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
I had PRIAPISM for 4 days following the intake of sildenafil citrate 200mg stat.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by omaksaith(f): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
severe vomiting with nitrofluratoin
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by EMERIT2US(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Olekumaster: Tramadol.... Making me behave like a chicken with bird flu
I same here,I was sleeping and.vomitting in class@d same time;
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by oluwashedy: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Felt weak, pale and hunger
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by eleojo23: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
omaksaith: severe vomiting with nitrofluratoin

it's Nitrofurantoin, an antibiotic usually employed for treating urinary tract infections.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Ekiseme(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Weakness
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Timbi: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
EXTRA PYRAMIDAL EFFECTS FROM ZMAPP. IT WAS SO BAD.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by eleojo23: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Timbi: EXTRA PYRAMIDAL EFFECTS FROM ZMAPP. IT WAS SO BAD.
no be only extrapyramidal, anticholinergic nko? By the way how did you escape quarantine? shocked

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Timbi: EXTRA PYRAMIDAL EFFECTS FROM ZMAPP. IT WAS SO BAD.
abeg which state u D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅?? Nothing go carry me near der grin!!
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by proffmanue(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: Though quinine is notorious for tinnitus,it's nt the oly drug that has adverse effect on the ear. Remember this dude was admitted on account of a possible typhoid fever(don't know how D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ came at the diagnosis sha). Unless the health care personnel was treating for a possible malaria,knowing fully well that here is a malaria endemic area. I'm thinking of a possible overdose of gentamicin or any of it's brothers in the same class with it. But genticin is also nephrotoxic(can harm the kidney). The bottom line is that since we don't av this guy's detailed history,we cannot categorically say wot actually went wrong. We are just using our medical intuition to give a possible explanation to the guy's problem.

@ morbid... u may be right on the issue of Gentamicin because i did ultrasound and it showed I have kidney stone in my left kidney...that was in 2011...i still feel the pain till date...
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
lastchild: 2nd march 2006, the day I died and woke up, I was sick,went to a pharmacy to get some drugs, the experienced attendant was eating,he instructed one foolish guy to attend to me,I never knew the guy knew nothing,he issued me some drugs,I paid, went home and swallow them

Few minutes later, my mouth started opening on its own without my permission,I struggled closing it,next come my tongue,next my head started turning back,luckily for me mom was around,she shouted and people came for help, before I could be rushed to hospital I've already entered coma, I woke up the next day, I've regain my self but my vision became double,doctor said it was going to subside which happened after days

the pharmacist,both the one who issued drug and the one who instructed him spent good one week in police cell, the pharmaceutical store got closed down for sometime

It was an unforgettable experience
This really cracked my ribs!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Amadaz(m): 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
sisiafrika: smh. Is Diarrhea a drug? Smh
read the topic again with your common sense, that is, if u have any.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by lawrenceunaa: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
my mom's skin is allergic to sulphur cause some dark spot on her face . It was verifed after a lab test was carried out
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: I'm so disappointed martins. For u to forget the name of a drug that nearly disfigured u,I don't see anything "super" in †̥ђis ur Martin again. Pls,∂oη't take it as a slight;I ∂oη't mean to ridicule u. Buh we al shud understand that the essence this forum is for us to acquire knowledge. Next time,b4u swallow any medication or receive ay shot4rm whoever,ask and insist to know the name of the drug,the dosage u're to receive,hw many days u're to receive it and any possible side effect:it'z nt a privilege,it's ur right.
Lolz...Aii,I shuld av d doc's prescription smwhere tho'...wuld try to find it...Thanks smiley
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
lol, why you no die...?
I think mine should be when I was two years, my mum brought us for hols in the country and took us to the village, that was where problem started. I fell seriously ill, she started taking me to the hospital and they kept saying different things, and giving different injections.

@ a point, my mum said she noticed my legs started bending, and I didn't like walking again...lol. My grandpa was a Chief Priest and he told my mum already that it wasn't white medicine stuff, but she refused. She finally gave up and agreed to the trad medicine idea. When I recovered , I refused to travel back with my mum...hhhahahaha

She finally left me in the village after much trouble, and my grandma enrolled me in a school...hahahaha.
Ur's got me smiling really wild....So by nw,we for dey call u "Agada welldone " cheesy ...Thank God u came out from it oo cos by nw u for no happy at all...Mine was a terrible scene,Mum was cryn,Sis confused,Pop was worried oo but actn bad guy until wen dem see say my neck don bend Like "7" ,no be eye I take shout from ground wen I lie down like who don die finish,b4 I was taken baq to d clinic...d nurses were angry at my parents for nt gettn me der early enough...the gave me an injection to counter it but up till date,Mehn it jxt never feels d same...Bless God dat I didn't die tho'...if u saw me dat nyt shaa,u for laff...My neck come be like Alien own
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by icekidgodfrey(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: u got mean cracked up! Buh u sound too intelligent for a weed smoker;seems u've given up weed??

Smh... Bruhh, u don't just 'give up' weed. Lol, that stuff boosts IQ. You have no idea how it feels maaan! Try a blunt sometime! cheesy
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chloroquine: Lawd, the itching used to be unbearable.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Eleganza33(f): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ceftazidime- til nw i stil av its effect on me dnt knw weda d enemies hole me cos doctor said it wil stop with time nw its almost 9YRZ it avnt stop,wicked edo doctorz,dnt knw weda they use me 4 experiment or practical cos it waznt d injection they shud av bin givin me they did it to delay my recovery,GOD wil judge dem
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
I remember chloroquine as a child! That sh*t got me dancing awilo and azonto combined! embarassed
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by TYlicious(f): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Serious hallucination! I was young and ws being treated 4 malaria n typhoid(can't remember wat medication I was given ) I was seeing objects in human form on d wall and 1 even pointed @ me! It wasn't funny @ all,my elder sister tagged me a witch sad
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Bond008(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
proffmanue: I had a terrible typhoid fever in 2008, I was hospitalized in a private clinic. The Doctor said I was not responding to treatment, I could not walk by myself without support. I don't know the drugs I was treated with but I survived. After 2 days of my discharge from the hospital, my ears were ringing, eventually my left ear could not hear again till date.
Does anyone have idea what drug could have done this and if it could be reversed? Thks
you need deliverance sir. come to JESUS.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by SporaD8: 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
shoefreak: I used one drug like that and I could hear the slightest sound. It was as if a war was going on in my head, one sound fighting to be hear before the other. I was given a sedative, woke up the third day and I was all better but felt like crap! grin
Pls what's the name of the drug and the sickness it was meant to treat?
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Sherlock11: 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
CAPQUIN! Worse than the Malaria It was supposed to treat.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
The itching from chloroquine
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Took Vicodin for a tooth ache and I started seeing things crawling on my wall
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by ATMC(f): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Depression! I tell yhu!!! it wasnt funny. I didnt serve with my set in school . I wasn't bothered until the night I took Laridox...jizos! Depression set in then, until I read the pamphlet inside...smh mtscheeew

then another day, my mum traveled, my dad had malaria and was given laridox, then my mum called me and said I should start going home from office that my dad called her and was weeping saying that she left him to die...speedily I rushed home, I met my father lying down on the couch, I asked how he's doing, he said he was fine and that he just finished taking laridox...immediately I put two and two together. Till date its goodbye to laridox!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Ryabcool(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
[b] Chloroquine and Codiene. grin grin

Chloroquine; i had Malaria in 100 level and was too broke to go get drugs, so i went to the School Health Centre. That Phocking School health Centre prescribed Chloroquin and i ignored warnings from my friends about the itch.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a start! Chimo! It was like i was covered in Soldier Ants! Whoever said Hell isn't real must have never tried Choloroquin. Wetin come complicate matter na when i go pour water on my body. Chaiiii! I just siddon for corner dey cry and begin curse whoever invented that stupid drug. Lmao! grin

Codiene; Some guy suddenly showed up one day with bottles of cough syrup and Viju. i was very skeptical about it having any effect on me so i gulped quite a lot. 1 hour passed, nothing happened. I hissed and went inside my house to sleep. Na so i wake up the next day in a girl's apartment with no idea how i got there. The girl come dey narrate as i take knock her door, enter her place, crash for her couch and dozed off. Them no teach me to run from Codiene after that! [/b] grin grin grin
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
2sExy1: Quinine... a foolish doctor gave me over dose, my mum was not around and those around me didn't care much and where less knowledgeable. it affected my ears and almost made me deaf. The right ear never returned to normal... I receive calls only on my left ear and it does most of the hearing for 14 years now. The right one still hears but sounds are like when you deep your ears inside water. I wish there was a solution. I don't like the hearing aid.

u dey use hearing aid ? sad sad sad
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Holyrule(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Steven Johnson's Syndrome. As a result of taking Clotrimazole. My body is allergic to Sulphur. Damn the itch, dark red target spots. Almost got me killed.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

u dey use hearing aid ? sad sad sad
nope bro. i don't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ice Bucket Challenge?! Naah. We Climb In Africa / STIs: The Facts You Need To Know / Top 5 Advantages Of Drinking Water Early Morning(empty Stomach)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.