Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced (24079 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Olajumokeee: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
lip got decolourised.slightly pink to black.effect on blue litmus paper grin
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: U shud av sued the doctor for malpractice!!! Are u kidding me;wot kind of doctor was that?? What was even the indication for the quinine in the first place It's not like quinine has a popular use in modern day medicine except in few cases in Paediatrics and Obstetrics. All these still happen in this part of the world coz Nigerians are not yet litigious. It'z well dear.
Thanks. I have lived life just like that. You talk about sue? I was a kid then. God is great... Because this, my phone is always on vibration and not ringtones and I always keep it close to me... else, if u call, I wont hear. When chicks cry, I don't hear. But that wasnt the case before the incident.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by tziz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
One time I had very serious Malaria and typhoid fever, my dad took me to a private hospital and dey ran som tests n all and placed me on a three days injection plan, I realised weneva I took d injection, it caused me to have split personality automatically, one time I was lying in d sitting room, n I saw myself in d gen house putting on d gen too simultaneously, it was crazy! den I would close my eyes to sleep n i'll stat hallucinating, seeing rainbows, chairs, dogs, cats n all #smh. D effect of d injection was worse Dan d illness itslf, afta d second dosage, I ran away n never completed it despite d calls!

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
proffmanue: I had a terrible typhoid fever in 2008, I was hospitalized in a private clinic. The Doctor said I was not responding to treatment, I could not walk by myself without support. I don't know the drugs I was treated with but I survived. After 2 days of my discharge from the hospital, my ears were ringing, eventually my left ear could not hear again till date.
Does anyone have idea what drug could have done this and if it could be reversed? Thks
That's quinine... same thing happened to me. I doubt you can get a reversal. My right ear was affected.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
SporaD8: Pls what's the name of the drug and the sickness it was meant to treat?
I was 9. I don't know. I will ask. I remember blue though
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by erasokafor(m): 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
When I took this sexual enhancing drug (vega 100),like let me see how it works,first serious headche and second even after three days d thing still dey look for more that I had to go for coconut oil to delete it off my system(maka ndum). Also on my body I have this stuffs like eczema n it embarrases but was caused by septrin wen I took it yrs bk as a baby
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by SporaD8: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
shoefreak: I was 9. I don't know. I will ask. I remember blue though
Ok.
I ll b waiting 4 u
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by emmiewealth(f): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
I hate taking Chloroquine.........I remember back then when I was a kid.....my dad works at abuja while we his family were in ogun state........there was this week myself and my bro came home sick from school......my mum gave us Chloroquine and piriton drug....nd she also took out of it.....na hin itching competition come start....at a time we were using this back scratcher that came in form of a hand..to scratch eachother's back .....I mean nonstop...I guess that was d last time I used it...
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Eleganza33(f): 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chai i tel u drugs r dangerous,many piple here av talk abt d ear problm it gav them,evn am nt let awt,they gav me ceftazidime nd it affectd my ear til nw,i av done evrytin visitin hospital,numerous churches am jus tired na my fada they drag me go.i dnt use hearing aid.my oda target nw is to go to india
2sExy1: nope bro. i don't
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Eleganza33(f): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ehya evn me,i tot i waz alone
2sExy1: Thanks. I have lived life just like that. You talk about sue? I was a kid then. God is great... Because this, my phone is always on vibration and not ringtones and I always keep it close to me... else, if u call, I wont hear. When chicks cry, I don't hear. But that wasnt the case before the incident.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: U're wise!! Are u a pharmacist??
noope.... wink
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Eleganza33: Chai i tel u drugs r dangerous,many piple here av talk abt d ear problm it gav them,evn am nt let awt,they gav me ceftazidime nd it affectd my ear til nw,i av done evrytin visitin hospital,numerous churches am jus tired na my fada they drag me go.i dnt use hearing aid.my oda target nw is to go to india
Okay. If that will solve the problem, you can give it a try. Funny enough, i have not done any research online about possible reversal.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Wroxxane: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=kilokeys]alcohol should be classified as a drug too grin

remembered the new year's eve of 2008.. downed 25cl of a popular spirit..

the next thing i knew was, i was holding unto my bed so tightly so i wouldn't fall into the ceiling fan above
grin grin,mine was ciprotab...earth tremors began almost immediately,then i started wondering why i was the only person experiencing the tremors.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Opiosko: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Na kloloqueen ooh! Dat medincin scratch me so tey i be dey tink say i get craw craw. Cho! Gawd funish Kloloqueen.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by timoney(m): 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
eleojo23: There's no drug that works the same for everyone without any risks or side effects.
A side effect is basically an unintended occurrence that results from taking a drug.
Side....
Grandpa nobody send u lecture na. Na so una dey fail exam com dey blame devil.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by prof800(m): 12:24am On Sep 18, 2014
UjSizzle: Rashes on my arms and feet.
Let me guess; sulphur-containing drugs.? Fansidar, Amalar, Maloxine?
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Sarahn: 12:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Took a drug to suppress asthma. Didn't sleep for two full weeks, never tired, always worrying about something, went into severe depression, had a severe tension headache, suffered extreme fever and body chills, ran a high body temperature. Worst 2 weeks of my life!
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by UjSizzle(f): 1:22am On Sep 18, 2014
prof800:
Let me guess; sulphur-containing drugs.? Fansidar, Amalar, Maloxine?
Tylenol, Novalgin sad

There's this drug for typhoid that gives me cramps too. Cipro-something like that.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by finfol007(m): 1:30am On Sep 18, 2014
Dgaffer: Its chroloquine cos it itches me ad somtyns paracetamol cos I neva goes down 4rm my gullet, dats y I hate taking drugs 4 anytyn

Exactly
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by finfol007(m): 1:30am On Sep 18, 2014
kilokeys: alcohol should be classified as a drug too grin

remembered the new year's eve of 2008.. downed 25cl of a popular spirit..

the next thing i knew was, i was holding unto my bed so tightly so i wouldn't fall into the ceiling fan above

Lolz

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by prof800(m): 2:08am On Sep 18, 2014
UjSizzle:
Tylenol, Novalgin sad

There's this drug for typhoid that gives me cramps too. Cipro-something like that.

Just as I guessed!

Novalgin is a sulphur-containing drug. The active ingredient is metamizole which contains sulphur in its structure.

Sulphur attacks the skin of beautiful lipsrsealed grin girls... though not always but it could spoil a special party or date when you least expect.
It is not uncommon in ladies.

It is like 'someone' is swallowing sulphur. And from the old anglo-saxon era, sulphur is not good for the ladies.

Basically, you might want to inform whoever wants to treat you at any time about your skin reaction to sulphur-containing drugs and you'll be given remedy or alternatives. smiley smiley
That of Novalgin was just a warning indication.

Tylenol is your normal 'paracetamol'. It is rare for paracetamol (acetaminophen) to cause such rashes. It must have been the codiene content or so. I don't know much about codiene. undecided undecided

'Cipro-something like that' has always been like 'that'. grin grin grin
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/20/fluoroquinolones-side-effects.aspx

So which alternative do you use?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by eleojo23: 5:10am On Sep 18, 2014
timoney:
Grandpa nobody send u lecture na. Na so una dey fail exam com dey blame devil.
You did not look closely. I created this thread! I was just trying to explain a little further on drug side-effects.

Can you now tell us yours? 'cos you have failed to give your answer to the question in your bid to play the 'class teacher'smiley
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by tomiobj(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2014
eleojo23: Drugs are taken primarily to alleviate or cure illnesses. Most of the time, these drugs come with unpleasant side-effects after administration.
In my childhood years, chloroquine was my nightmare because of the terrible itching it gave me. I took procold sometime in 2009 and it caused me serious stomach disturbance.
There are some persons who react to sulphur-containing drugs.

Feel free to share the unpleasant drug side-effects you've experienced in the course of treating an illness.
antibiotics. Your sweat and piss has that irritating smell
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by UjSizzle(f): 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
prof800:

Just as I guessed!

Novalgin is a sulphur-containing drug. The active ingredient is metamizole which contains sulphur in its structure.

Sulphur attacks the skin of beautiful lipsrsealed grin girls... though not always but it could spoil a special party or date when you least expect.
It is not uncommon in ladies.

It is like 'someone' is swallowing sulphur. And from the old anglo-saxon era, sulphur is not good for the ladies.

Basically, you might want to inform whoever wants to treat you at any time about your skin reaction to sulphur-containing drugs and you'll be given remedy or alternatives. smiley smiley
That of Novalgin was just a warning indication.

Tylenol is your normal 'paracetamol'. It is rare for paracetamol (acetaminophen) to cause such rashes. It must have been the codiene content or so. I don't know much about codiene. undecided undecided

'Cipro-something like that' has always been like 'that'. grin grin grin
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/20/fluoroquinolones-side-effects

So which alternative do you use?
I didn't even know it was sulphur allergies until now.
I don't do anything now, other than take 3tabs of M&B paracetamol rather than 2.

As for the Novalgin, my dad has given forbidden me from taking any drugs without telling him grin

Is it normal for Piriton to make someone extremely dizzy?

That Cipro-something like that keeps me awake for days. Na me dey handle nightwatch duties when I get typhoid.

Notice I get rashes when i go to my aunts house too. Suspect the water....do those have sulphur too?
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by eleojo23: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2014
UjSizzle:

That Cipro-something like that keeps me awake for days. Na me dey handle nightwatch duties when I get typhoid.

Notice I get rashes when i go to my aunts house too. Suspect the water....do those have sulphur too?

smiley The Cipro- something is Ciprifloxacin.

No. Ciprofloxacin is not a sulpha drug; it is a broad spectrum antibiotic used in the treatment of a number of
infections, including respiratory tract infections (RTI's), sinus infections, typhoid fever,urinary tract infections (UTI's), etc

It can induce insomnia (sleeplessness), a condition termed Cipro-induced insomnia.
That should explain your night watches. smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by crapaudarts2873: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2014
lastchild: 2nd march 2006, the day I died and woke up, I was sick,went to a pharmacy to get some drugs, the experienced attendant was eating,he instructed one foolish guy to attend to me,I never knew the guy knew nothing,he issued me some drugs,I paid, went home and swallow them

Few minutes later, my mouth started opening on its own without my permission,I struggled closing it,next come my tongue,next my head started turning back,luckily for me mom was around,she shouted and people came for help, before I could be rushed to hospital I've already entered coma, I woke up the next day, I've regain my self but my vision became double,doctor said it was going to subside which happened after days

the pharmacist,both the one who issued drug and the one who instructed him spent good one week in police cell, the pharmaceutical store got closed down for sometime

It was an unforgettable experience

rather hillarious...sorry homie.

u never mentioned the name of the drug though
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by UjSizzle(f): 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
eleojo23:

smiley The Cipro- something is Ciprifloxacin.

No. Ciprofloxacin is not a sulpha drug; it is a broad spectrum antibiotic used in the treatment of a number of
infections, including respiratory tract infections (RTI's), sinus infections, typhoid fever,urinary tract infections (UTI's), etc

It can induce insomnia (sleeplessness), a condition termed Cipro-induced insomnia.
That should explain your night watches. smiley
Oh. Thank you smiley
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by timoney(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
eleojo23: You did not look closely. I created this thread!
Can you now tell us yours? 'cos you have failed to give your answer to the question in your bid to play the 'class teacher'smiley

Ohhh!!! No vex I thought it was one of dose... U know dem na.
I took a particular rest drug (can't remember d name) and slept for almost 24hours... And wen I woke up, I was as weak as a lazy man.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by pweetiedee(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
flagyl. took two tablets. when i went to lie down, i felt as if i was flying to heaven and heaven was telling me "its nt ur time, go back". dunno aw i survived cos the next day wen i woke up, i woke up in my sister's room, said she heared me calling her name. smh

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by bugzyberry(m): 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
vertigo and nausea
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
One joint i got from a guy from Afghanistan.
I swear i was flying cheesy
But i felt soo bad next morning lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Donjowebs(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
The itching effects of anything quinine drove me nuts!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Missing As UK Recognises COVID Certificates From Over 50 Countries / 13 Signs You May Have HIV. / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.