Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East (1641 Views)

Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram / Northern Leaders Demand Amnesty For Boko Haram / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Francis5: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Boko Haram: Igbo leaders demand transfer of CPs in South-East
PETRUS OBI, Enugu
Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Boko Haram: Igbo leaders demand transfer of CPs in South-East

advertisement

Advertisement
Prof. Ben Nwabueze-led Igbo Leaders of Thought yesterday in Enugu demanded the immediate change of the Commissioners of Police in the five states of the South-East. In a statement issued in Enugu and signed by the Deputy Secretary of the body, Evangelist Elliot Uko, the leaders expressed concern that all the Police Commissioners posted to the South-East are Hausa/Fulani.

"Are there no Police Commissioners from the Middle Belt, South-South or South-West that could be posted to the South-East?

"With the shielding of the six Boko Haram bombers arrested at the Owerri church by the Imo State Commissioner of Police, we hereby reject the continual occupation of the South-East by Hausa/ Fulani Muslim Police Commissioners.

"We hereby demand that Police Commissioners Abubakar Adamu Mohamed of Enugu, Usuman Gwari of Anambra, Maigari Dikko of Ebonyi, Abdulmajid Ali of Imo and Adamu Ibrahim of Abia should be immediately juggled and redeployed as we feel uncomfortable with the officers in charge of the South-East as Boko Haram boasts of plans to attack the South.

"We plead with the residents of the South-East and South-South to remain alert and vigilant as the news of the infiltration of the region by Boko Haram seems real. Suspicious individuals and packages must be reported promptly to the relevant security agencies," the statement said.

The group said its security committee had articulated a security awareness programme, which the South-East Governors' Forum would work with to secure Igbo land from Boko Haram insurgents.

The statement added that the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe and the Secretary of the group, Prof. Elo Amucheazi, would soon liaise with the South-East governors to fine-tune the South-East security programme.

http://odili.net/news/source/2014/jul/16/514.html

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Francis5: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
"Are there no Police Commissioners from the Middle Belt, South-South or South-West that could be posted to the South-East?

Ben Nwabueze be careful how you trust the Yorubas (South West) as they are green snakes in green grass

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Francis5: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
Can someone make me understand this. We have 36 States. Do we also have 36 CPs from each of these States even if posted to other States? Or do some States produce more than one CP while other States do not produce any?
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by size38: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
Na lie ooo! They must serve there. After all, it is one Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
You beat me to that bro.

Imagine making somebody like Olatunde Salami eggheader,
rapheader " The Oshogbo Landlord" CP of Anambra State,

IlugunBoy CP of Abia State,

Madam Oringo aka sloan CP of Enugu,

Orlando Owoh CP of Abia

Gbawe CP of Ebonyi

dont you think itd better Igbos vote Abubakar Shekua of Boko Haram as the chief security officer of SE?

Francis5:

Ben Nwabueze be careful how you trust the Yorubas (South West) as they are green snakes in green grass

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by gramci: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is serious
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by levelszik(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by dealslip(f): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
IgboMonk: You beat me to that bro.

Imagine making somebody like Olatunde Salami eggheader,
rapheader " The Oshogbo Landlord" CP of Anambra State,

IlugunBoy CP of Abia State,

Madam Oringo aka sloan CP of Enugu,

Orlando Owoh CP of Abia

Gbawe CP of Ebonyi

dont you think itd better Igbos vote Abubakar Shekua of Boko Haram as the chief security officer of SE?

i really feel sorry for you and Francis5. You guys must have been raised with suspicion and fear.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by PedroJP(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
That can't mess with the SE.

Pls what happened to the Islamophobia of SouthEast topic ?

Yorubas won't succeed with their plans
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by FreeGlobe(f): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Francis5:

I think he was trying to be diplomatic. Prof Ben and his group should know we are MORE comfortable with Hausa/Fulani CP's in the SE than Yoruba CP's. I think their statement is uncalled for.
I disassociate myself from this. The Governors are the Chief Security Officers of their states. Prof Ben and his group should focus on more pressing issues like development in the SE.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
TOO BAD BRO
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
No yoruba CP would want to go to that erosion ravaged and kidnap infested region. Aboki, pls help us panel beat their Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Cowards, always anxious.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by 0rlando0woh: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Cowards, always anxious.
What do you mean?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by prophetone(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
What continues to amuse me is the blanket assumption that e v e r y northerner is a boko haram member or sympathizer. Are we supposed to feel bad? Lol
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
If they like,let the CPs be from sudan,I don't wanna hear that a bomb went off in Alaigbo.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by SporaD8: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
prophetone: What continues to amuse me is the blanket assumption that e v e r y northerner is a boko haram member or sympathizer. Are we supposed to feel bad? Lol
That's the way it would/should be until Boko members start wearing tags or badges.
Same way all Nigerians are subjected to special search(humiliations) in international airports abroad even though they are not criminals or 419ers. You hate that treatments? Stay in your region.
We need to stop deceiving ourselves. No more trust among the Nigeria tribes again!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by SporaD8: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
PedroJP: That can't mess with the SE.

Pls what happened to the Islamophobia of SouthEast topic ?

Yorubas won't succeed with their plans
Did you know the Op of that tread in person, and confirm he is really living in SW talkless that hes a y0ruba?
Don't be deceived by the tricks of those who know that the united voices of southerners will spell their doom!
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by arewafederation: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
Paranoia is a sign of mental illness. I sympathize with Ndigbo for this terrible affliction bothering them.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by nagoma(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
You send them out we send all Igbo traders , mechanics, spare parts dealers , students in universities , polytechnics, bank employees and anything Igbo in kano, kaduna, Zaria, sokoto and in every town & village in the north (including Abuja) back to the tiny enclave called SE. The old man Nwabueze has no sense all. He doesn't know that only brave and courageous and principled people can police an unruly and criminal society like the SE. The police are fully aware of this fact.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by prophetone(m): 6:40am On Jul 18, 2014
SporaD8: That's the way it would/should be until Boko members start wearing tags or badges.
Same way all Nigerians are subjected to special search(humiliations) in international airports abroad even though they are not criminals or 419ers. You hate that treatments? Stay in your region.
We need to stop deceiving ourselves. No more trust among the Nigeria tribes again!

Cry me a river. It's not my fault some people from your region have made drug trafficking and fraud their day job and are being harassed at the airports. For some reason I never have that problem even though I see other Nigerians subjected to extra scrutiny at Heathrow and other airports. You are the ones that need to stay on your region and stop disgracing Nigeria instead of being hanged like chickens in Malaysia and other countries.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 18, 2014
nagoma: You send them out we send all Igbo traders , mechanics, spare parts dealers , students in universities , polytechnics, bank employees and anything Igbo in kano, kaduna, Zaria, sokoto and in every town & village in the north (including Abuja) back to the tiny enclave called SE.

So you uncircumcised cattle-rearers now claim Abuja as your 'land', too? Na your cow dung abi kolanut money dem take develop Abuja into the beautiful FEDERAL CAPITAL it is now? Wonders!!! They never end.

Better run back to your terrorist enclaves - Borno, Yobe and the rest of them. . .and quit deluding yourself that you own the F.C.T.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by SporaD8: 7:09am On Jul 18, 2014
prophetone:

Cry me a river. It's not my fault some people from your region have made drug trafficking and fraud their day job and are being harassed at the airports. For some reason I never have that problem even though I see other Nigerians subjected to extra scrutiny at Heathrow and other airports. You are the ones that need to stay on your region and stop disgracing Nigeria instead of being hanged like chickens in Malaysia and other countries.
Mind you, I say Nigerians irrespective of region.
But to use your analogy, neither is it my fault that some Northerners have decided to make terrorism their second nature subsequently all Northerners are being harassed down south.
You are the one that need to tell your Northern brothers to stop disgracing the country by giving it a terrorist tag or continue to face harassment!
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2014
It's important to be extra careful when dealing with these Hausa/Fulani elements who occupy sensitive security positions. One can't tell how sympathetic - or in fact, complicit - they are towards Boko Haram and terrorism. Let's face it, Boko Haram couldn't have grown to become such an intractable problem without the support of key actors in the Northern socio-political, economic, and law-enforcement spheres.

As long as no Southerner or Northern Christian has been associated with Boko Haram's activities, then it is pragmatic to undertake systematic ethno-religious profiling of core Northern Muslims and single them out for extra suspicion and scrutiny. If they are angry about that, they should channel their anger towards the enemy within - the terrorists among them - and end this whole nightmare by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Onyegecha(f): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2014
FreeGlobe:
I think he was trying to be diplomatic. Prof Ben and his group should know we are MORE comfortable with Hausa/Fulani CP's in the SE than Yoruba CP's. I think their statement is uncalled for.
I disassociate myself from this. The Governors are the Chief Security Officers of their states. Prof Ben and his group should focus on more pressing issues like development in the SE.

Nothing is more pressing than the security of life and property. This group should be commended for demonstrating leadership at every turn. fOR ALL I KNOW, THIS ONE NIGERIA STUFF HAS EXPIRED. WE ARE JUST DECEIVING OURSELVES. Have you not wondered how all the Boko Haram suspects arrested in the South East have been released speedily? I support the call by our leaders and wish the governors would not play politics with this.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by superstar1(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2014
If their f00lish younger generations cannot reason, why can't their elderly put on their red thinking cap for once.

Have they imagine the consequences of everybody arresting all y1bos in their states, on mere suspicion of being massob members and rebels?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by nagoma(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
pro01:

So you uncircumcised cattle-rearers now claim Abuja as your 'land', too? Na your cow dung abi kolanut money dem take develop Abuja into the beautiful FEDERAL CAPITAL it is now? Wonders!!! They never end.
Better run back to your terrorist enclaves - Borno, Yobe and the rest of them. . .and quit deluding yourself that you own the F.C.T.

Delude yourself , fooolish man. You will soon uproot all that you built in Abuja and carry it to the creeks and the erosion- ridden enclave you come from then reality will dawn on you, Yeye man.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
The continues trend of #ethnicprofiling in the EAST is disgusting & dangerous.law abiding Muslim frm the North,Nigerians have the right to stay & work in any part of Nigeria. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopThespreadOfIslamophobia. Shalom
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
Unclean animal

Swine.

Ibnsultan: The continues trend of #ethnicprofiling in the EAST is disgusting & dangerous.law abiding Muslim frm the North,Nigerians have the right to stay & work in any part of Nigeria. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopThespreadOfIslamophobia. Shalom
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ibnsultan: The continues trend of #ethnicprofiling in the EAST is disgusting & dangerous.law abiding Muslim frm the North,Nigerians have the right to stay & work in any part of Nigeria. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopThespreadOfIslamophobia. Shalom
stop terrorism!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
VICTORCIZA: stop terrorism!!!
#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbo Leaders Demand Transfer Of CPs In South-East by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ibnsultan: #stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling.#stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling. #stopEthnicprofiling.
stop being a terrorist!!!

(1) (Reply)

Washington Post Blasts Jonathan For Campaign Slogan / Children(chino) And Politics / NLC Spits Fire, Says ‘nothing Should Happen To Tambuwal’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.