Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura (17581 Views)

Senators Level 14 Impeachable Offences Allegations Against Jonathan / APC Reps List 50 "Impeachable Offences" Against Jonathan / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Omooba77: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
The Adamawa State House of Assembly has listed 16 impeachable offences against Governor Tanko Al-Makura.

The charges include missing funds from the Local Government Joint Account from June, 2011 to April, 2012 and Local Government Joint Account from January to July, 2013.

According to the impeachment notice, the action of the governor was a gross violation of section 162 (7 and cool of the 1999 constitution of federal republic of Nigeria as amended.

The impeachment notice which was co-signed by 20 members of the Assembly out of 24 also stated that the governor’s action violated the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, 1999, as amended.

Others allegations leveled against the governor included Mis-Appropriation/Misapplication of funds from the Local Government Joint Account, Local Government SURE-P Fund and Transfer of Local Government Sure-P Fund to a fixed deposit account respectively.

Also included in the allegations were diversion of unappropriated state Sure-P funds to payment of various expenditure including the payment of D .T .A to governor and the first lady’s trip to Abuja to the tune of N13,205,000.

He was also accused of falsifying the state’s financial report for the year 2011, divertion and misapplication of flood fund, release of fund to NASIEC for the payment of salaries and other expenditure even in the absence of appropriation of funds to NASIEC, all described as gross misconduct.

However, a women group comprising Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria, Christian Association of Nigeria,Women Wing and Women of Nasarawa State and Mothers of Nasarawa State and Women for Change, Nasarawa State, which was spearheaded by the Coordinator, Hajiya Hajara Danyaro, slammed moves by the legislators to boot governor Al-Makura from Government House.

The coordinator said the state’s women voted massively for the lawmakers on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party and voted for Al-Makura on the platform of the All Progressives Congress describing the action of the lawmakers as uncalled for.

Danyaro who accused the PDP of masterminding the impeachment.

According to her, President Jonathan visited the state on Monday to commission Ola Rice Farm at Rukubi area of Doma local government area, coinciding with the time the lawmakers released the impeachment notice.

She accused the president of stealing over N18bn and described lawmakers in the state as armed robbers.

Meanwhile, a former member in the state house of assembly, Mary Nwogulu, condemned the action of the lawmakers as embarrassing.

According to her, Al-makura has done a lot for the people of there state and wondered why the lawmakers could plot an ill-timed evil against the governor.

She appealed with the lawmakers to have a re-think and put aside the impeach plot for the interest of peace, unity and development to strive in the state.

Similarly, people in some constituencies of Doma Central, Doma South, Wamba and Akwanga West and Akwanga North and Keana and Kokona East have begun process to recall their members over on-going moves to sack Al-makura.

The people in a statement monitored on the state radio, Nasarawa Broadcasting Service, said they had commenced collation of signatories from various members of their constituencies to be forwarded to INEC for verification.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nasarawa-assembly-lists-16-alleged-impeachable-offences-against-al-makura/
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Omooba77: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wetin go happen now.....
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
Why did it take the lawmakers so long to lay allegations against him?

One common thing Al-Makura has with Nyako is - his inability to stand up to the charges against him.
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ABDamola(m): 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
PDP in actn again!!! Al I knw s dt weda jonathan likes it or nt he will neva stay beyond 2015. If u like impeach all APC governors bt YOU will neva stay beyond 2015 in office cos u av done Nigerians more harm dan gud! We knw u r behind ds and dnt try 2 deceive us wif ur silence! And 4 dos useless lawmakers dt has bin brain washed and bribed, u cn do ur worse bt knw dt nemesis will catch up wif u one day!

Wat else do u guys nid? Jus because he s nt in PDP again, u wana impeach him! Pple of Nasarawa sed dy want ds man n dt he has achieved a lot bt jus because u av bin bribed, u wana impeach him!

Ao I wish Nigerian youths cn jus wake up 4rm our slumba, speak wit one voice and rise agaist ds evil called PDP?

23 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
ABDamola: PDP in actn again!!! Al I knw s dt weda jonathan likes it or nt he will neva stay beyond 2015. If u like impeach all APC governors bt YOU will neva stay beyond 2015 in office cos u av done Nigerians more harm dan gud! We knw u r behind ds and dnt try 2 deceive us wif ur silence! And 4 dos useless lawmakers dt has bin brain washed and bribed, u cn do ur worse bt knw dt nemesis will catch up wif u one day!

Wat else do u guys nid? Jus because he s nt in PDP again, u wana impeach him! Pple of Nasarawa sed dy want ds man n dt he has achieved a lot bt jus because u av bin bribed, u wana impeach him!

Ao I wish Nigerian youths cn jus wake up 4rm our slumba, speak wit one voice and rise agaist ds evil called PDP?

Sorry, you'll have to wait till eternity.

32 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
PDP! POWER PASS POWER.
PDP IS THE PARTY TO BEAT.

VOTE PDP
VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN
VOTE NNAMDI SAMBO (NAMADI)

GEJ TILL NIGERIA GOOD.

Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan
we must vote
when you're voting, when you're voting, Jonathan we must vote.

A VOTE FOR JONATHAN'S UMBRELLA IS A VOTE AGAINST BOKOHARAM.

PDP! POWER!
P.D and P! WE ARE STRONGER.

33 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ebullientV(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Fheeee Deee Fheeee.. Why are u pple bent on flushing out Ape ceeee na?

Had to take ds matter on d lighter side, becos it seems our politicians are comedians..

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Jasi7(m): 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ghen ghen...
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Brymo: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Is he going to jail?

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by eaglechild: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
I love the peaceful and systematic way, the APC terrorists are being flushed out.

22 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by psychologist(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Bracing myself......lying patiently waiting for APC e-warriors to invade angry

Fiiiiiiii di fiiiiii. Fawar grin
GEJ till 2099

13 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by dopedealer(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
i think i know wat jona is upto
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Soskid(m): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
A
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Mimisboygreat: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
ABDamola: PDP in actn again!!! Al I knw s dt weda jonathan likes it or nt he will neva stay beyond 2015. If u like impeach all APC governors bt YOU will neva stay beyond 2015 in office cos u av done Nigerians more harm dan gud! We knw u r behind ds and dnt try 2 deceive us wif ur silence! And 4 dos useless lawmakers dt has bin brain washed and bribed, u cn do ur worse bt knw dt nemesis will catch up wif u one day!

***in brymo's voice**hee-pee-cee his going down down!!

GEJ till 2020 undecided

16 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by megabyte2(f): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
Season film ghen ghen
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by kabba7(m): 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=emmydeep]PDP! POWER PASS POWER.

VOTE PDP
VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN

GEJ TILL NIGERIA GOOD.

we must vote

PDP! POWER!

Vote Jonathan and approve. corruption in Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ThankGodEdeh(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
One by One, dey don dey go

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by englishmart(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
They can make it 100 if they so desire. To me, the only thing I want is to see all the wrong people in power impeached. BTW, You are 18 yrs old, dating a 62 year old man and your update says, "I can't wait 2 see my baby" Is he your baby or your ANCESTOR

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by psychologist(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
Omo onile tinz
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by collynzo2(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2014

If indeed the people of Nassarawa want the man to stay, they know want to do. They will go to their respective wards and recall the lawmakers involved in the impeachment process.
So stop foaming in the mounth and making declarations you don't have the power to effect.

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Meringe(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
What of T. A . Orji of Abia State?

If truly we our States House of Assemblies have risen to the situation, this guy should be the 1st to be impeached!

7 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ABDamola(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
He who laughs last laughs best!!! The progressives among us are all gona smile afta we flush jonathan out come 2015! #NigeriansSayNoToPdp

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ABDamola(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2:
If indeed the people of Nassarawa want the man to stay, they know want to do. They will go to their respective wards and recall the lawmakers involved in the impeachment process.
So stop foaming in the mounth and making declarations you don't have the power to effect.

R u nt a Nigerian? Wia dos dt work in ds part of d country? And besides y r pple on Nasarawa stagin a protest? D protest has entered his 2nd day nw!
Wat dos dt protest means 2u? - it means dy want ds man in office

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by englishmart(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Meringe: What of T. A . Orji of Abia State?
if he deserves impeachment, I will personally ensure we impeach him. After all, you didn't tell us about al makura before we acted.

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by englishmart(m): 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
emmydeep: PDP! POWER PASS POWER.

VOTE PDP
VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN

GEJ TILL NIGERIA GOOD.

we must vote

PDP! POWER!
is this a lyrics or something?

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ayusco85(m): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
promised ma gf an iphone as birthday gift. I packaged the gift and gave it to her, she opened it and saw wat was inside now am single.

But why?

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by candidbabe(f): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
Go Gej we are solidly behind you
P D P power.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by ichommy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
Operation remove them gentle with Fresh Air.
Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by Horlawoomey(m): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
They are all crooked, where were they since 2011 that all these things have been happening..... I think Jona Billions is a catalyst now. . . If the Devil can belong to PDP he will become a saint in the present Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Assembly Lists 16 Alleged Impeachable Offences Against Al-makura by smudge2079(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
His time was up & he had to go....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Not Funding APC, Says Amaechi / FG Drags NLC And TUC To Court Over Planned Industrial Action / I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.