Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race (2102 Views)

Imo Governorship Re-run Election: Okorocha In Early Lead / IMO Governorship Election Result / Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ifeyinwa Maureen Okafor, a 44 year old lawyer, has thrown her hat into the ring for the 2015 gubernatorial race in Imo. She hails from Ehime-Mbano LGA of Imo State. She plans to contest for the office under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). On why she is running, she says:

"I plan to offer a different kind of LEADERSHIP. Founded on the values of Love for the people, guided by a spirit of Excellence, offering Accountability, people Development and Empowerment. With a deep sense of Responsibility, Service and Humility, I will Inspire my people with Purpose.

Our agenda includes providing quality education; with emphasis on early child education, enhancing the environment, supporting technological innovations , transport, housing and health. Our priority will be issues that concern our most vulnerable;women,children and the elderly.".

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
Her full CV:

Ifeyinwa Okafor Essien-Akpan, born on 31st December ,1969 in Ehime- Mbano LGA , Imo State attended Ahmadu Bello University Staff School, Zaria and Columbus Elementary, Columbus, Ohio, USA between 1975 and 1979. She finished her secondary school from the Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State in 1985.

She graduated from the University of Bradford, England with a first class degree in Law (LLB) after a Bachelors degree from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State in 1991. She holds an MBA from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and is also an alumnus of the Johnson Institute for Responsible Leadership, University of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
Currently she is the Managing Director of International Packaging Industries plc, Lagos and lectures Corporate & Business Law as well as Governance, Risk & Ethics at ADRAC (Professional ACCA Accountancy Tutors).
She is also:
• Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAN)
• Fellow, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN)
• Member, Institute of Directors (IoD)
• Member, Chartered Institute of Bankers (CIBN)

In the course of her career, she has won several local and international awards including:
• 2009: Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators : (ICSAN); Association of Professional Bodies of Nigeria (APBN) award, Best graduating student Award (Erastus Akingbola Prize); Best Subject award in Corporate Financial Management; recipient of Oba Olashore prize and Ben Nwoji prize.
• 2006 : Zenith Bank MD/CEO award for the best performing new branch
• 2004 : Zenith Bank MD/CEO award for outstanding performance; individual
• 2003 : Zenith Bank MD/CEO award for outstanding performance; individual
• 1985 : Federal Road Safety Commission, Nigeria Essay Competition Winner
• 1979 : McDonalds Academic Award for Science ,Columbus, Ohio U.S.A
• 1978 : Science Excellence Award, Wisconsin USA

She currently serves in the following positions:
*Treasurer and member of Governing Council of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators ICSAN,
*President/ Member Board of Trustees; Federal Government College Ikot Ekpene Alumni
*Publicity and Advocacy Officer: Federation of Business Women Entrepreneurs, Africa (Nigeria Chapter)
* Training Coordinator; National Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines & Agriculture Women’s Group
*Treasurer; Pulp and Paper Importers Association of Nigeria (PAPIAN)
*Faculty of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) Training School and
*President/Founder, UDODIRI Foundation: A non-governmental organization that provides leadership mentoring and academic scholarship to the underprivileged.

Ifeyinwa is currently vying for the gubernatorial office in IMO state. She is aiming to create history by being the first female elected Governor in Nigeria. Her vision for IMO state is shared on her website www.ifeyinwaokafor.com.
An avid reader, writer and composer, she is married with children.

http://www.campaign.ng/ifeyinwa-maureen.okafor

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ok. I wish her and her supporters goodluck.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Gboliwe: 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nice pedigree she's got, nice education too but she won't cross the primaries on PDP. I have someone who will lead imo to the promised land.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by chimerase2: 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bia cfcfan who is she undecided
There r many candidates vying for this imo gubernatorial post oh
Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
chimerase2: Bia cfcfan who is she undecided
There r many candidates vying for this imo gubernatorial post oh

She is basically a social activist in addition to her professional calling. Even if she doesn't get the PDP ticket (Senator Chris Anyanwu is a formidable opponent), she could join APGA.
Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
'Ifeyinwa'- sounds like anambra or enugu. YoU sure she's imo? Those weavons and make-ups, is kinda making her look weird. #go nu:de girl, you would earn more popularity to yourself that way!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by chimerase2: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
CFCfan:

She is basically a social activist in addition to her professional calling. Even if she doesn't get the PDP ticket (Senator Chris Anyanwu is a formidable opponent), she could join APGA.
chris is a formidable opponent yes even to the incumbent governor but I fink emeka ihedioha too is on line to battle it out with chris and rochas this 3 have done well in imo state but one thing against rochas is the APC thing, well time will tell shaa
Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
chimerase2: chris is a formidable opponent yes even to the incumbent governor but I fink emeka ihedioha too is on line to battle it out with chris and rochas this 3 have done well in imo state but one thing against rochas is the APC thing, well time will tell shaa
Just as in 2011, the 2015 battle will be a competitive one. Rochas, Ohedioha, Anyanwu, Ifeyinwa all in one state!
Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by eyeview: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
She's looking for compensation at the end of the day,I assure you.
Also,there are many things that don't seem to connect with her CV. One moment she's schooling here,the next she's graduating abroad within the same era. Today,she's studying and teaching Law,the next,she's a fellow of ICAN (which we can't find when she acquired it,not to talk of the CIBN). Too many disconnects.
As for her origin,Ifeyinwa doesn't sound Imo(apart from those communities around Ideato,Oru that share borders with some Anambra communities). Mbano doesn't use that name. Also,what's up with the Essien,is she married to Cross River but seeking to come back to contest or is she an imo indigene by marriage?

...Just my few seconds observation
Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by mainheart(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
if she can think big like that. who knows one day I may declare for presidency

1 Like

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by mainheart(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
if she can think big like that. who knows very soon i may declare for presidency

1 Like

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
mainheart: if she can think big like that. who knows very soon i may declare for presidency
And I'll be your running mate
Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Faun(m): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mtcheeeew.
Na eventual Commissioner position dem go use settle this one.
We know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Ifeyinwa Okafor Declares For Imo Governorship Race by Faun(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gboliwe: Nice pedigree she's got, nice education too but she won't cross the primaries on PDP. I have someone who will lead imo to the promised land.

Capt. Ihenacho?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Osun Guber Election: Powerful Campaign Quotes & Slogans Of PDP Osun Mega Rally / Jonathan Is Not The Right Man For Nigeria - Gov Obiano / Negative Effects Of Creating More States (personal Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.