Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) (51156 Views)

Work Ongoing On Nsukka/opi Road-pics / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Jonathan Commissions The Completed Map Of Onitsha 2nd Niger Brigde (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by azimibraun: 3:46am On Jul 20, 2014
This is not true. There is nothing lik this going on. This shocking and a big false info and for the pics am still wondering wia dis dude got them from. Onitsha second niger bridge? Hell no its not true.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by azimibraun: 3:49am On Jul 20, 2014
Okay! If this is true, then go back a little and take the shots from a distance so as to show the Hero plant across the river or those sand sellers by the river or even pick out the old bridge in ur picture.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ceo003: 3:58am On Jul 20, 2014
hello friends check these out. click the link
below
https://www.nairaland.com/1810184/wonders-
sale
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by talktimi(m): 4:13am On Jul 20, 2014
colossus2:
Me sef dey wonder wetin massive inside cheesy
you people are just too sad

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by patrickmuf(m): 4:46am On Jul 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Listen to yourself, the project started in March, this is July, four months out of four years.
That's why i think it has more reason to do with the politics of 2015...
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Atmmachine(m): 5:18am On Jul 20, 2014
After constructing the second Niger bridge, there will be a security office close to it just to keep the Northerners& the dirty yorubas out of our state.. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by experimentist: 5:19am On Jul 20, 2014
victorazy:

He doesn't need ur vote
*ignored the bastard!*
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Akshow: 6:26am On Jul 20, 2014
Imoy:
If u don't knw anything abt construction work ask.

Do u think its a childs play, they are doing PILING, this is not something you can see above the water level but below.

A pile bridge is a structure that uses
foundations consisting of long poles (referred
to as piles), which are made of wood, concrete
or steel and which are hammered into the soft
soils beneath the bridge until the end of the
pile reaches a hard layer of compacted soil or
rock. Piles in such cases are hammered to a
depth where the grip or friction of the pile and
the soil surrounding it will support the load of
the bridge deck.

From the best of my knowledge, the width of the river is about 1.4km, so to do pilling for that kind of width is not something u can achieve that easy and quick. It is this pilling that is the main work, after this the rest are easy.

You people criticizing gej should think again.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by segunaremu6gma: 6:29am On Jul 20, 2014
we can not call this massive....... they are just starting.....
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Fourwinds: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2014
dis are just equipments and bulldozzers. I waiting for a bridge done
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by cnsprince(m): 8:51am On Jul 20, 2014
seanet01: Is this massive construction?

What is it; 'missive construction'?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by otiigba1(m): 9:22am On Jul 20, 2014
grin grin grin and whats a mobile police man doing on the a building site? is he there to mix cement or what?
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by obioma2000: 9:24am On Jul 20, 2014
@Op which part of Onitsha or across the Niger is the bridge located pls do not be deceived because the project was not captured in 2014 budget just as military pension arrears was not captured too.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Malawian(m): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2014
i agree they are still doing soil testing from the pictures provided. but it is the most important aspect of the whole job. the engineering designs will then be straight forward after that. for those doubting if that is the river niger at onitsha, a simple look at those high tension distribution lines should do it for you. real work has not started yet. once they get their soil data, they go to their office to analyse and design and even precast. the pilling proper will take some time as well as it will be allowed to settle and properly investigated afterwards before they continue. it will not stop them from continuing precasting the bridge components at their construction yards. assembling the whole lenght of the precasts should not take them more than 6-9 months.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ceo003: 9:49am On Jul 20, 2014
===================>>> hello friends check these out. click the link below https://www.nairaland.com/1795922/4-mega-money-yielding-businesses
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Ugele: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
No, it is TINUBUssive. Are you happy now?
mugu, this is kind of construction d chairman handle in lagos and ur praising ur clueless bride. Tinubu far far better than all ur criminal leaders in ur region. The only place where massive construction is going on in Africa now is Lagos. Ask me where, have u heard of Eko atlantic city, d Dubai of Africa and Lekki free trade zone, where we find both Lekki International airport, one d largest in Africa and Lekki seaport. D u know brain behind dis huge projects, and for ur information, D Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Jagaban one is d answer. And more is on d way. Stop critizing anybody and tell ur clueless leaders to stop their cosmetic projects and embark on projects which unborn generation will benefit. Visit google for d confirmation.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by HappyJoe: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2014
I'm trying to figure out:

1. Whether APC supporters don't want the Second Niger Bridge built.
2. How they expect Ndigbo to vote for their party with that attitude.
3. How they intend to win the next elections without the Igbo votes.

As things stand, PDP is sure of the following states next presidential elections

1. Anambra
2. Imo
3. Abia
4. Ebonyi.
5. Enugu
6. Ekiti
7. Benue
8. Plateau
9. Taraba
10. Adamawa
11. Kogi
12. Delta
13. Rivers
14. Bayelsa
15. Ondo
16. Edo
17. Cross River
18. Akwa Ibom
19. Nasarawa

PDP will do well in these states (50/50 chance of winning).

1. Lagos (key is mobilizing the Igbo voters)
2. Oyo
3. Ogun

PDP is likely to get up to 25% of votes in the following states

1. Bauchi
2. Gombe
3. Kaduna (up to 40% or more - Christian votes)
4. Niger
5. Osun (up to 30% at least)

APC is likely to win these states outright

1. Kano
2. Sokoto
3. Jigawa
4. Kebbi
5. Zamfara
6. Katsina
7. Borno
8. Yobe
9. Kwara

If you look at the situation critically, there is no way on earth APC can hope to win without pitching for the Igbo vote. So why deliberately antagonize Ndigbo?

12 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Ugele: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2014
Akshow:
think about ur clueless broda abi! Pls tell ur brodas that they should abusing Jagaban again, because Tinubu is far better than criminal u called leaders. If u want to see huge construction in Nigeria. Kindly visit Eko atlantic city and Lekki free trade zone where Lekki international airport and seaport projects is going on with your korokoro eye.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by talktimi(m): 11:31am On Jul 20, 2014
Why are some people angry that projects are going on in the south east ? We should instead collectively be happy about development in our country as a whole

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2014
talktimi: Why are some people angry that projects are going on in the south east ? We should instead collectively be happy about development in our country as a whole
you can't tell that to a sadist tribe ooooo

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by darlingbobo(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2014
Is this the massive work you are talking about? Is either you don't know the meaning of massive or you didn't go to school at all. I can as well go to ota mmiri dredging site in owerri, snap some picture with my china phone and title it "massive 10th Niger bridge" please try go market and buy brain.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ChinoElects1: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
If that massive ongoing work at the Onitsha Niger bridge is paining u then go and die!

Its not a must that u should comment.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by vikstandon(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
We will remain where we are until we become detribalized and depoliticized...

what has tribe to do with development... what has political influence or party to do with achieving our dream of being a developed nation...

Give ursef a break from all this and pray for our dear nation and our President... whether he returns or not shouldn't be ur concern... Pray that God will use him.

How I wish it is not happening in my time... David sinned but God pardoned him and said I will not do this during ur time... God don't tear this nation apart during my time!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Scout60(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP:

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF THERE'S NO MASSIVE WORK GOING CONCERNING THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE. THE PICTURES UPLOADED ABOVE DOESN'T PORTRAY ANY MASSIVE WORK GOING ON.......

. Where is coscharis, the second richest man in lagos after dangote.
Where is philip the founder of the fastest computer on earth.
Where is ibeto. Owner of ibeto cement.
where is innoson, the owner of innoson motors.
Where is chike obi, the maths professor.
Where is chimamda, chinua achebe jnr.
Where is capital oil nd oando oil.
Real ibo men rulers of business world.

WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED ABOVE THERE? WHAT'S THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE ECONOMY GROWTH OF NIGERIA?

DURING THE CENTENARY AWARD NIGHT, DANGOTE AND MIKE ADENUGA WERE HONOURED AT THE EVENT. THAT SHOWS THAT THE GOVERNMENT FELT THEIR IMPACT. IN ANALYSING THE GDP OF NIGERIA, TELECOMMUNICATION AND AGRICULTURE CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY TO THE GDP.

INNOSON? INNOSON IS STILL AN UNDERDOG. WHY HAS INNOSON VEHICLES HAS NOT PERVADED EVERY NOOKS AND CRANNIES OF NIGERIA?

FEW MONTHS BACK NISSAN WAS GIVEN THE PERMIT TO OPERATE IN NIGERIA. PEUGEOT IS ALSO THEIR PRODUCING .

I dont need to talk again.
Coscharis have been given gcofn years ago.
Ibeto is con.
Innoson oon.
Chimamada nobel winner.
Pascal dozie..... Mtn owner.... Con
And many more. Check the 20 richest man in nigeria. Ibo men occupy 9 leaving other tribe for the remaining 11.
We dont need govt money to develop our self. Check the richest man
Check out the list below.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of
Dangote Group, Richest man in Africa
and Richest black man in the world
2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial
Trust Bank, Globacom
3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas
4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group..... Ibo
5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group..... Ibo
6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance,
Global Flee
7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone.... Ibo
8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria,
Diamond Bank..... Ibo
9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group
Nigeria
10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group
11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former
Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab
Group
12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin
Group
13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico
Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken
Republic, Kings Guards etc.
14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Grou...... Ibo
15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar
Communication, AIT,
16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group...... Ibo
17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas –
Chairman CFAO Nig and other six
french companies......ibo
18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas.....ibo
19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer.....ibo
20. Fola Adeola – GTBank
21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig
LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars.... Ibo

As for the bridge the work is progressing.... I will always update on the bridge construction. Let me remind you.......
where do yoruba see money to buy new car. Innoson cars are highly seen in ibo land because they buy new cars. Innoson produces only new cars .

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by 500GP: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Scout60:

I dont need to talk again.
Coscharis have been given gcofn years ago.
Ibeto is con.
Innoson oon.
Chimamada nobel winner.
Pascal dozie..... Mtn owner.... Con
And many more. Check the 20 richest man in nigeria. Ibo men occupy 9 leaving other tribe for the remaining 11.
We dont need govt money to develop our self. Check the richest man
Check out the list below.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of
Dangote Group, Richest man in Africa
and Richest black man in the world
2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial
Trust Bank, Globacom
3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas
4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group..... Ibo
5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group..... Ibo
6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance,
Global Flee
7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone.... Ibo
8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria,
Diamond Bank..... Ibo
9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group
Nigeria
10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group
11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former
Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab
Group
12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin
Group
13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico
Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken
Republic, Kings Guards etc.
14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Grou...... Ibo
15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar
Communication, AIT,
16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group...... Ibo

[17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas –
french companies......ibo] ?

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas.....ibo
19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer.....ibo
20. Fola Adeola – GTBank

[21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig
LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars.... Ibo] ?

As for the bridge the work is progressing.... I will always update on the bridge construction. Let me remind you.......
where do yoruba see money to buy new car. Innoson cars are highly seen in ibo land because they buy new cars. Innoson produces only new cars .

7. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas –

YOU MEAN THIS MAN IS AN IBO MAN?

YOU MEAN THIS MAN IS ALSO AN IBO MAN?

YOU DON'T NEED TO CLAIM ANOTHER MAN TO YOUR TRIBE.
THE NUMBER OF YORUBA RICH MEN IS MORE THAN THE IBO RICH MEN ON THAT LIST

WHY IS IT THAT NONE OF YOUR RICH MEN WERE NOT HONOURED AT THE CENTENARY AWARD? WHY ONLY DANGOTE AND ADENUGA?

I THOUGHT INNOSON PRODUCE OLD CAR . DURING OBI'S REGIME HE DISTRIBUTED CARS TO DIRECTORS......... AND THOSE CARS WERE NOT INNOSON PRODUCT.

YOU MEAN WORK IS PROGRESSING WITH THOSE MACHINES ABANDONED ON THE SITE.
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Deepfreezer(m): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP cry cry baby. You will continue to cry.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Scout60(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP:

7. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas –

YOU MEAN THIS MAN IS AN IBO MAN?

YOU MEAN THIS MAN IS ALSO AN IBO MAN?

YOU DON'T NEED TO CLAIM ANOTHER MAN TO YOUR TRIBE.
THE NUMBER OF YORUBA RICH MEN IS MORE THAN THE IBO RICH MEN ON THAT LIST

WHY IS IT THAT NONE OF YOUR RICH MEN WERE NOT HONOURED AT THE CENTENARY AWARD? WHY ONLY DANGOTE AND ADENUGA?

I THOUGHT INNOSON PRODUCE OLD CAR . DURING OBI'S REGIME HE DISTRIBUTED CARS TO DIRECTORS......... AND THOSE CARS WERE NOT INNOSON PRODUCT.

YOU MEAN WORK IS PROGRESSING WITH THOSE MACHINES ABANDONED ON THE SITE.
List the yoruba billionaira on that list.
Innoson produces 20000 new cars yearly pls.
My first pix is the foundation
of the pillar.
To those that say they are still on
land my second pix is the ferry that's
houses the crane that will start fixing
the foundation in the river
The third is inside the ferry
This is bridge construction and not
road construction where there are
many tippers and bulldozers, crane
are the equipment required for this
work.
And last...make una allow this bridge
to be since you people don't even
know the first one..
Check the pix at www.nairaland.com/1820265/onitsha-2nd-niger-bridge-massive/3 scroll down.
Young lad....... Y do u hate ibos.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
atlwireles: Chino, this your headline does injustice to us in delta. It is not Onitsha second Niger Bridge but second Niger bridge or Onitsha/Asaba second niger bridge.. You have completed eliminated us from the picture. Why is Asaba missing. cool cool cool
I think you are right. Asaba should be mentioned too. But average Nigeria they think River niger belongs to Igbos alone. Never heard of Asaba bridge. All I hear is Onitsha bridge.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by 500GP: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Scout60:
List the yoruba billionaira on that list.
Innoson produces 20000 new cars yearly pls.
My first pix is the foundation
of the pillar.
To those that say they are still on
land my second pix is the ferry that's
houses the crane that will start fixing
the foundation in the river
The third is inside the ferry
This is bridge construction and not
road construction where there are
many tippers and bulldozers, crane
are the equipment required for this
work.
And last...make una allow this bridge
to be since you people don't even
know the first one..
Check the pix at www.nairaland.com/1820265/onitsha-2nd-niger-bridge-massive/3 scroll down.
Young lad....... Y do u hate ibos.

WHY DID YOU CLAIM YORUBA MAN AS IBO MAN ON THAT LIST?

WHY IS IT THAT GEJ PAVE WAY FOR NISSAN AT THE EXPENSE OF INNOSON? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE USING THE 20,000 CARS?

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF, GEJ DUPE YOUR TRIBE WITH THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE IN 2011 AND HE IS AT IT AGAIN
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by talktimi(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
misterjosh: Wat's d JB u guys r even shouting. Go nd check their history, it's dubious contracts frm successive Nigerian govts that has made them this big. When they first arrived Nigeria they weren't even a major force in d construction industry of their home country.
then what happened ? Do they have credible works to their name is Nigeria or not ? Better utilize your brain once in a while please
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by HappyJoe: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Can we stop this juvenile nonsense (Igbo vs Yoruba) & focus on the topic - 2nd Niger Bridge?
Re: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge: Massive Work Ongoing (pictures) by ChinoElects: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Are you implying that we vote your Islamic blood thirst APC? Even if GEJ is scamming us, we are better at home with him than Buhari and Tinibu the drug runner.

GEJ is delivering on his promises to us. Second Niger Bridge is in top gear!

[s]
500GP:

WHY DID YOU CLAIM YORUBA MAN AS IBO MAN ON THAT LIST?

WHY IS IT THAT GEJ PAVE WAY FOR NISSAN AT THE EXPENSE OF INNOSON? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE USING THE 20,000 CARS?

DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF, GEJ DUPE YOUR TRIBE WITH THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE IN 2011 AND HE IS AT IT AGAIN
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says / Hilarious Photo :president Buhari's News Conference . Give This Photo A Name. / Tinubu To Appoint Olanipekun Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.