Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China (25324 Views)

My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. / Wine Market In Guangzhou China. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
feelme3:

And tomorrow you will end up in the streets of one obscure city. Just this small piece article that will increase your knowledge is what you are lamenting "long".
why you lamenting. He said "still reading" or Cos he beat you to "1st to comment" ??
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by ZUBY77(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
SAMPA = MPASA.

Igbo word that translates to 'Staying there'

That is Staying back in China after your visa expired.

I was part of the group that invented that word back in Portugal.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by PresidentAde(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
........Sir pls tell them Ooo........ I will never travel out of Obodo Nigeria to sleep around,,,,Marry one overaged #yanshless Oyinbo,,,, & even steal from people........God forbid.................its just that some people's mindset is that every Oyinbo country is a Second heaven..............Chaii i pitty my hustlin brothers and sisters .......................but @OP how did dat guy manage to learn and speak dat chines language seff ?............Chaiii Naija i hail theeeee !
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
And if he comes back will you give him money to do business with?
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
Pathetic
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
No different from the rubbish in alaba. Some dude offers to take you to where you can find what you're looking for. Same way they jack up the price so he can get a cut.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by UmarS25: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guy kingsley show u fast guy...those people you are trading with, they have their translators too. Why did you not use them. Next time you will know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Andyblaze: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
BITG
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by PresidentAde(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
........Naija i hail theee....... My brothers abeg Oyinbo country no be second HEAVEN Oo...........shakin my head in chineezz

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Vock(m): 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
wow
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by justi4jesu(f): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
feelme3:

And tomorrow you will end up in the streets of one obscure city. Just this small piece article that will increase your knowledge is what you are lamenting "long".

Who is this mufu? undecided *in peter okoye's voice*
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
justi4jesu: Well....@OP

This is not new at all because they are everywhere tarnishing the names of Nigerians.

Here in dubai they are called TECO and its exactly the same thing taking you to different stores unknown to you that they already have their percentage with the seller.

Thats how they survive. undecided
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by mployer(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
ZUBY77: SAMPA = MPASA.

Igbo word that translates to 'Staying there'

That is Staying back in China after your visa expired.

I was part of the group that invented that word back in Portugal.
cheesy cheesy

Makes lot of sense.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by sexyedjutto: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nyc one bro,i ll advise u guys 2 go n read zubby's "there and back on tym"

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by paranorman(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
'Sampa' is not only done dere. When i served at idiroko in ogun during my nysc, i travelled to kotonou to gets some goods for meself and homies. I actually met this guy and was impressed that he was eager to help. It later damned on me and my friend that went with us that we were 'SAMPAd'..! I just laughed it off. Funny i got scammed but i learned.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by kobonaire(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
This SAMPA boy was rendering the OP a service. I see nothing wrong in what he did. Did he dupe the OP?? .... No, he made things convenient for the OP, and the OP paid for that convenience.

15 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by MVLOX(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
great work .......
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by 7lives: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
ayyyyo: hmmm really true i'have been there, my guide was a young man named chuks, a real hustler.
Nigerians also suffer alot in china., i hope that one day the nigerian government would wake up to its responsibilities.
God help us.

Wake up bro Nigeria ain't got no government. What we have are some bunch of rapists masquerading themselves as a government, they are only there to steal plunder and destroy.
@ those SAMPA guys in China, and their compatriots in Dubai and other shady locations, if its all about food they should come back to join politics at least they are sure of 2kg bags of rice.
Until Nigerian youths wake up from senseless dreams and fantasy this shall continue to be their lots.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by UrbanMystique: 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nigerians need serious orientation.
Especially those that believe that anywhere else is better than Nigeria. They are the people that would rather suffer In ghetto in soweto after selling their father's property instead of investing the little they make after selling the property.
Some even think they can't make it until they travel out of Nigeria and once they see that grass isn't greener as they thought out there, they would be to ashamed to come home empty handed.

You can see them loitering nairaland self.! Bragging about living abroad as if it is angels that live there. When most of them actually love like rats there

Nigerians, appreciate what you have. There is no paradise out there. The paradise is here..!

EXPLORE THE WORLD AS KINGS AND NOT AS SLAVES

By the way @op

Sampa is a form of baranda here. It's almost every where except for may be markets that have fixed price on ever product like us market.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by JustCurious: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
Come to think of it, it's a common act back home. And, it is nothing new to some dealers especially those selling car parts, electronics etc. Just don't make the mistake of following your mechanic to Ladipo or Alaba or wherever to buying some spare car parts! It's rather you visit yourself or forget having an accompanist...because the moment you arrive the market, with the person, series of 'sign language' mode of communication transpires between the seller and this fellow, which would be unknown to you! The essence of the language is to inquire from the fellow who brought you how much percentage should be added to the original price.

Eventually after transaction, this added percentage would be given to your accompanist. Sometimes, the accompanist might need to make a revisit to get his 'commission', percentage.

The percentage is the accompanist's reward for bringing a customer to the dealer/seller. It's not uncommon to those guys in business. Sadly, this happens often. Once bitten, twice shy. I wish SAMPA-ISM could be scrapped. It's dishonesty in the part of the seller and accompanists. We don't have to reduce ourselves to this...#SayNo2Sampa-ism.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by o42austino(m): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for bringing the plight of many Nigerians living in a foreign land to our notice but to think that Kinsley is cheating you by fixing a commission with the seller is stupid of u.

first how do u think Kinsley survives in China?, listen what he did is called brokerage or Agent and he need commission at the End of the day to keep body and soul together, every commission is factored on the price of every goods ur purchasing, maybe ur new to international business thats y u complain.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by omenpetrol: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
Noted
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by AmNotDrunk(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
ayyyyo: hmmm really true i'have been there, my guide was a young man named chuks, a real hustler.
Nigerians also suffer alot in china., i hope that one day the nigerian government would wake up to its responsibilities.
God help us.
what responsibilities really? are u saying that government should go and bring back all Nigerians living in China or what? please explain.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by myspnigeria: 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by tellwisdom: 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oh, you traveled to china?? what plane did you take?? sad
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by AmNotDrunk(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
OliverPin: why you lamenting. He said "still reading" or Cos he beat you to "1st to comment" ??
he's raging cuz he missed out on the Olympic gold medal of first to comment.
SMH
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
wow.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by justi4jesu(f): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
OliverPin: why you lamenting. He said "still reading" or Cos he beat you to "1st to comment" ??

Dont mind the mufu grin
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by overhypedsteve(m): 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
2pence: I travelled on a business trip to china, I met a Nigerian boy(Kingsley). Kingsley said he will be 29 years by October this year, A graduate of political science from Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, He had moved to China after finding it difficult to secure a white collar job in Nigeria immediately after his national youth service. Kingsley said he had come to china hoping to find job or better still hustle. He said he had to sell off a small piece of land , the only landed property his late father left for him just to make up funds to come live in China.

Kingsley is one of so many Nigerians loitering the streets of china looking for people who have come to trade in Guangzhou that will stay in their apartment and have him volunteer to take them around core places of their business interest for a fee. When you come to china staying in a hotel is the best option you can take. I did that but I sort of found it difficult in communicating with the factory workers in English and I needed someone who could hear English and translate to them in Chinese. A young sells lady in the factory volunteered to help me call a Nigerian who can fit in that position and that was how I met Kinsley.

When she called him on the phone, it took 15mins and he arrived , I was impressed . For the rest of the days he was coming every morning to take me around the various places I needed to buy goods from. He would speak plenty of Chinese with them and told me he was bargaining for the fairest price. I thought he was helping and I use to thank him a lot. I didn’t know that for every purchase I made Kingsley has a percentage that was agreed between him and the sellers. So he was really eager to help and that surprised me too.

This sort of hustle in China is called SAMPA... I have asked and no one was able to give me a definite definition of that term. I search even in dictionary but couldn’t find any. Sampa boys are just people mostly Nigerians who have to china with 1 month business visa ,their visa had expired and they take to hiding in China. I really want this post to educate people especially the young Nigerians who are misled on a daily basis. I want the youth to know that there is no easy life anywhere, the quest to go to just anywhere must stop, have you made research about these countries you are headed ? Mind you, the current population of the People’s Republic of China is estimated to be about 1,390,510,630.

China’s population makes up around 19.3% of the world’s population. I later found out that he lady that called Kinsley to come and assist me was his wife and that Kinsley leaves with the lady in their family house (with her father and mother) the lady should be over 40yrs and Kinsley is 28/29, a graduate from Nigeria, can you beat that ! Their daily hustle is on Nigerians who have come to do business.

Infact Kinsley added a percentage that was rather too much that another chinese man had to call my attention to it and asked if that man were truly my brother. The chinese man opened up and told me about how Nigerians survive in china, he said many are in prison with no one seeking to bail them , some have no money to even come back, some were caught for drug related offences, tried in court and sentenced without their family or even Nigerian embassy knowing because they had been leaving illegally in China. Indeed Nigerians notoriety in China is unprecedented .

What i found difficult to understand was the fact that a graduate can actually descend that low just to keep going . My question is which life is better , Leaving in Nigeria or China ? I saw many hawking jellof rice and they only sell at night because they are illegal , at the end they use the money they made from selling jellof rice to club, smoke and drink, is that life ? when you ask them they say they prefer to leave in China because food is cheap . is life all about food ?

We need to start re-orienting people and our government must create jobs. Our youths are wasting in China. We can send people to learn and better themselves in china and not depend on some SAMPA. What is sampa that a Nigerian will sell his pride and cheat a fellow Nigerian just to make mere 10,20,30,40 ,50 $ ? Who are we to ourselves ?
If they manage to make 100$ then that will hold them for another 4 months , is that life ?
this is total bull poo, are nigerians the only one in china? That they will be the only one surviving on fraudulent activities, why una dey like yab my country people nau? Shey na only nigerians na im china immigrants go bey watch out for? Why now? If one sampa cheat you nor mean say all china nigerians na thiefs living on frauds

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by akereconfi: 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
Even for UK here, among all the blacks /Africans you meet, majority are Nigerians, smoking weed up and down. The thing tire me sef

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian SAMPA Boy In Guangzhou, China by freshness2020: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
This one is what I called "Oso aya (run market) Reloaded"
Lol
Btw Will ♈όϋ Provide job for them if they come back?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Elon Musk Fires Twitter Executive, Vijaya Gadde Who Banned Trump On Twitter / Tony Elumelu Receives Belgium’s Oldest National Honour (Photos) / Construction Of Shops For Anambra Shoe Manufacturers And Dealers Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.