Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23404 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
kemthegirl:

so in essence u r saying that Dan Fodio preached peace in the north? Coz i read of slaughter. Correct me if i am wrong.
First of all this is what Jihad means.

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or
striving and applies to any great effort on the
personal and social level. It is striving to do good
and remove injustice and evil from oneself and
the society. This exertion of effort can be
spiritual, economic, social or political. For
example, one of the highest level of Jihad is to
stand before a tyrant and speak a word of truth.
Restraining oneself from wrongdoing is also a
form of Jihad.

Preaching God words is jihad

Giving arms to the needy is jihad

Representing Islam is jihad

and fighting for self defense(permitted by a leader or government) is jihad, this is where you people call it holy war but Jihad doesn't generally mean war but striving for the work of God. Jihad is categorized.

and as for us man Dan fodio this is what led to the fight.

Gradually, the number of Sheikh Uthman ibn Fodio's follows grew, until he was at a point where whenever he travelled he took 1000 of his scholars with him. The kings became nervous because of the number of people he drew away from them. The Sheikh demanded that the laws be changed to become more islamic. Later he was attacked by order of the kings, and his group made hijrah, then made jihad and won despite their smaller numbers - thus establishing a khalifah. When the battle was won he stepped down from his Amir position, and went to a small village to teach until he died. This shows that the Sheikh wasn't into power, because he had just won the battle that would have given him ultimate control and yet he chose to step down.
http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Uthm_Fodio.html

It is also agreed in Wikipedia that usman Dan fodio was to be assassinate by a king but he fought back.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
Magnetor: is that why a christian was flocked and had his mouth burnt just because he eat during ramadan( a period where muslims miss lunch called fasting)? www.naij.com/70249.html
ahn ahn dat is wickedness not Islam nd u know it.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by omoharry(f): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
lekahm:

Please don't get it twisted, JIHAD does nt mean fighting or killing it mean striving. Technically striving to correct what is wrong. 2) to enjoin wht is good. Its a misconception to say it is fighting or killing. However, it is compulsory cause thats the goal of muslims to preach word peace.

LIA.

Excerpt K 3:195 Set 13, Count 35":who fought and were slain...I will most certainly make them enter gardens beneath which rivers flow; a reward from Allah, and with Allah is yet better reward."

Excerpt K 4:089-091 ;Set 17, Count 43-45:[4.89] "...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them..."

A RELIGION THAT FIGHT FOR ITS GOD INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY WAY.

Excerpt K 5:033 :Set 21, Count 54: "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned"

Excerpt K 9:029 :Set 38, Count 101:"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection"

MUSLIMS WHAT DO U SAY TO THIS. RELIGION OF PEACE INDEED
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
omoharry:

LIA.

Excerpt K 3:195 Set 13, Count 35":who fought and were slain...I will most certainly make them enter gardens beneath which rivers flow; a reward from Allah, and with Allah is yet better reward."

Excerpt K 4:089-091 ;Set 17, Count 43-45:[4.89] "...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them..."

A RELIGION THAT FIGHT FOR ITS GOD INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY WAY.

Excerpt K 5:033 :Set 21, Count 54: "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned"

Excerpt K 9:029 :Set 38, Count 101:"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection"

MUSLIMS WHAT DO U SAY TO THIS. RELIGION OF PEACE INDEED

This verse are just talking about self defense.

there are verses that talk about Muslims living peace with those who don't attack them.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by omoharry(f): 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
pinpinkay: bro ... Calm down ... Don't criticise their religion coz of their behavior , instead criticise their behaviour coz of their religion ... No religion supports terrorism ...I luv all d good muslims ...my advise to you muslims is to stick to ur faith ..God bless you all ....# Ramadam kareem ...
THIER RELIGION IS PART OF THE PROBLEM WE FIND OURSELVES NOW, WHAT EVER THE RELIGION PREACHES THAT IS WHAT THE FOLLOWERS WILL EXHIBIT.
CHRIST CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO MANKIND AND THE RELIGION AND FOLLOWERS HAVE A PEACEFUL INCLINATION. MOHAMMED PREACHED VIOLENT WHICH IS ISLAM AND THE FOLLOWERS ARE PRACTICING WHAT THE THEIR PROPHET AND QUARAN TEACHES WHICH IS VIOLENCE TOWARD NON MUSLIMS AND PEACE ON MUSLIMS. REMEMBER THE BIBLE PREACHES TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AND EVEN OUR ENEMIES.MOHAMMED IS PIRATICALLY THEIR GOD. THEY SHOULD JUST CALL MOHAMMED ALLAH. BECAUSE WHAT EVER GOD SAYS DOES NOT COUNT THE FOLLOWERS . ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF VIOLENCE. I HAVE READ IT. IS ONLY PREACHES PEACE TO ONLY MUSLIMS.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by omoharry(f): 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dhulqarnain: I am proud to be a Muslim!!!
HOW MANY SOULS HAVE U BLOWN UP?
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Vikky014(f): 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mtcheew,does dis change d fact dt all terrorist are muslims & dey r inspired daily by their war manual(QUARAN)*Ramadan kareem
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
actually there r also more #violent' chapters in the bible...we shouldnt throw stones at others while we llive in glass buildings.
[b] “The lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little…..the Lord your God will deliver them over to you, throwing them into great confusion until they are destroyed……..no one will be able to stand up against you; you will destroy them.”

Deuteronomy 7:22-24

Deuteronomy 20 contains Yahweh's instructions about war. If a city does not accept Israel's offer of peace and open its gates, then "when the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it" (verse13). With regard to other cities, the command is (verse 16), "Do not leave anything that breathes."

"at Jezreel by this time tommorrow...And when the letter came to them, they took the king’s sons, and slew them, seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent them to him at Jezreel. When the messenger came and told him, “They have brought the heads of the king’s sons,” he said, “Lay them in two heaps at the entrance of the gate until the morning.”. (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 6) “God has now fulfilled the prophecy of the prophet Elijah. So Jehu put to death all who were left of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, as well as all of his close friends and priests, until he had left not one single survivor.” (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 10) “He put to death all of Ahab’s house, who were left there and so blotted it out, in fulfillment of the word which YAHWEH had spoken to Elijah." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 7)

“If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death” (Deuteronomy 17:3-5
[/b]

omoharry:
THIER RELIGION IS PART OF THE PROBLEM WE FIND OURSELVES NOW, WHAT EVER THE RELIGION PREACHES THAT IS WHAT THE FOLLOWERS WILL EXHIBIT.
CHRIST CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO MANKIND AND THE RELIGION AND FOLLOWERS HAVE A PEACEFUL INCLINATION. MOHAMMED PREACHED VIOLENT WHICH IS ISLAM AND THE FOLLOWERS ARE PRACTICING WHAT THE THEIR PROPHET AND QUARAN TEACHES WHICH IS VIOLENCE TOWARD NON MUSLIMS AND PEACE ON MUSLIMS. REMEMBER THE BIBLE PREACHES TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AND EVEN OUR ENEMIES.MOHAMMED IS PIRATICALLY THEIR GOD. THEY SHOULD JUST CALL MOHAMMED ALLAH. BECAUSE WHAT EVER GOD SAYS DOES NOT COUNT THE FOLLOWERS . ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF VIOLENCE. I HAVE READ IT. IS ONLY PREACHES PEACE TO ONLY MUSLIMS.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by omoharry(f): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
tintingz: Adolf Hitler against the Jewish people is a form of crusade.

in his speech he said...

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. (p. 65)[

This second speech is exactly a reference to what Jesus did in the bible.

And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God. (p. 174)
http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

There are more in that link above^^

Adolf Hitler fought crusade or not?

BUT HITLER WAS DEFEATED BY PEOPLE FROM THE SAME RELIGION. HIS MADNESS WAS PUT TO AN END. IF ALL GOOD MUSLIMS TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO PUT THESE EXTREMISM TO A HALT RATHER THAN PLAYING THE OSTRICH , I DONT THINK YOU WILL BE HERE TRYING TO CONVINCE THE WHOLE WORLD THAT ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
They are now trooping to non-mus.lem countries to take refuge seeking for asylum, When they grow horns they will now say they want their women to b using HIJAB in someones' Land IMAGINE.

2 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: They are now trooping to non-mus.lem countries to take refuge seeking for asylum, When they grow horns they will now say they want their women to b using HIJAB on someones' Land IMAGINE.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Abatemtem(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: actually there r also more #violent' chapters in the bible...we shouldnt throw stones at others while we llive in glass buildings.
[b] “The lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little…..the Lord your God will deliver them over to you, throwing them into great confusion until they are destroyed……..no one will be able to stand up against you; you will destroy them.”

Deuteronomy 7:22-24

Deuteronomy 20 contains Yahweh's instructions about war. If a city does not accept Israel's offer of peace and open its gates, then "when the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it" (verse13). With regard to other cities, the command is (verse 16), "Do not leave anything that breathes."

"at Jezreel by this time tommorrow...And when the letter came to them, they took the king’s sons, and slew them, seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent them to him at Jezreel. When the messenger came and told him, “They have brought the heads of the king’s sons,” he said, “Lay them in two heaps at the entrance of the gate until the morning.”. (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 6) “God has now fulfilled the prophecy of the prophet Elijah. So Jehu put to death all who were left of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, as well as all of his close friends and priests, until he had left not one single survivor.” (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 10) “He put to death all of Ahab’s house, who were left there and so blotted it out, in fulfillment of the word which YAHWEH had spoken to Elijah." (2 Kings Chapter 10 verse 7)

"I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."(Luke 19:26-27)

“If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death” (Deuteronomy 17:3-5
[/b]

nd how many incidence of christian nations following those sciptures u quoted??
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Aliyeous(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
jazakallahu khairan @muhsin...i'm a MUSLIM and i'm proud of being one

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
atrix4g: derived from the root word jahada(جهد) which means to STRIVE
And what is its significance in islam
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tamertery(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: They are now trooping to non-mus.lem countries to take refuge seeking for asylum, When they grow horns they will now say they want their women to b using HIJAB in someones' Land IMAGINE.
. Bros in ur bible story catoons, if u ever watched one that is, can u kindly explain d dress mode of mary mother of jesus Please, Is it not similar to what muslim girls wear now, no o asin bon, nobody holy pass we ol agree, dey myt put on dia hijab and stil fornicate some of them!!! Bt are they any difrnt frm choir girls that fornic8 too? Then again islam is a religion dat stop ppl frm carrying out dia dark desires, yes me nd u, bt hu wnts dat Nobody!!! Tel me hu wudnt go any lenght to paint d religion black? So the bad side of the religion would b hyped by the media to blind ppl like you nd d rest frm seeing d benefits and advantages of the religion... And without any thought any researchs u strt shoutn @ d top of ur voice things u r nt evn sure of, anyways, good or bad, nfn evr last 4 eva... Its just but a matter of tym... #temporaryworld
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
bro i m nt for or against any 'side' in this never ending conflict...i m just pointing out to a guy justifying his opinions by casting aspersions on the quran
i have appened to read both books though so its safe to say i v a lil idea of wat i m talking about
Abatemtem: nd how many incidence of christian nations following those sciptures u quoted??
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by eluquenson(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Tbamo:

According to your quote of the quran we can deduce that it is Allah causing the BK boys to bomb innocent people.
This therefore negates man's free will since its Allah that controls us to do what he likes.
Therefore it is Allah that is bombing people.

Doesn't make sense to me please explain!
Almighty Allah creates what is on the earth & the heavens, there is no correlation between my quoted verse & the bolded, Allah(SWT) is aware of all that ye do.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by geborenzie: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
i get your write up in encouraging muslims but muslims are very volatile take a look at boston bombing it was done by Muslims where millions of pple died also take a look at the n klling of two britain officers by two nigerian guys
mariam in sudan that was supposed to be killed because she became a christian if not for international outcry also the ISIS who want to circumcise 4 million children and women in the name of religion and the story of a muslim man in america i dont which part he killed a pregnant woman because he thought she was a prostitute, sure there are nice muslims but the crazy ones have overshadowed the nice and the media might be lieing but the media cannot be lieing all the time so wtf i have right right to look at you once,twice,thrice in case you want to harm may be you should try preaching to your muslims brothers about all these things than preaching to us and also tell them to stop practising honor killing a situation where the victim of rape is being killed thanks
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by eluquenson(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
With the look of things & discussions happening on this thread, I know we will be able to deduce the violent & the peaceful people here.
They started the argument cos they have all gone astray, may Allah forgive them all.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
uplawal: Have you ever found out the reason why Boko HARAM SAYS WESTERN EDUCATION IS A SIN?Ok,Lets assume it is,what stops us pursuing the education in it pure form how the earliest Muslims did it before it got stolen by the west,as we all know, there was great advancement in the Muslim worrld those years,we need to be careful in what we say concerning education,as majority of Muslims are amiss of what is truly going on.May Allah guide us and save us from Ignorance.
This Post is ridiculously puerile and asinine;when exactly was Education "stolen" from Muslims? was there not Education and Literacy before Islam was founded? Civilizations meet and exchange Culture and Knowledge,that is the Way Things are,whatever Advancements were there in what you choose to call the Muslim World,were build-Ups of similar Exchanges,go check.

Can you Imagine what the Arab World would be like today without the without Oil Exploration?

Tell us what you think is "truly going on" if you don't mind... This is what some People keep saying,instead of you to condemn the Atrocities being committed everyday by your Brethren,you're here trying to insinuate some kind of Justification.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by careema(f): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested

Fact? what fact? not all terrorist are muslims. the basics is simple. for you to be a muslim, follow the five pillars of islam, which are

Shahadah: declaring there is no god except God, and Muhammad is God's Messenger
Salat: ritual prayer five times a day
Zakat: giving 2.5% of one’s savings to the poor and needy
Sawm: fasting and self-control during the holy month of Ramadan
Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime if one is able.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MrT2011(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
Magnetor: is that why a christian was flocked and had his mouth burnt just because he eat during ramadan( a period where muslims miss lunch called fasting)? www.naij.com/70249.html

Yes of cause.

They are Possessed evil.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
TheIROKO: And what is its significance in islam
MANY nd to start with the one u dont want to hear, fight to defend Allahs religion, stive to b the best in Anyting u do, strive to be close to God by going away from what he tells us to go away from like fornication, bribery which the prophet said is the best . nd obviously is the best, fight to defend ones self from oppressors, strive to educate urself both in circular books nd religious books which i believe is causing the problem in our society cos WE re all ignoramus. nd many more. And u know what Allah says in the quran ? which translates. ' whoever strives only strives for his own soul, God is not in need of any wealth or good from all of the Alamin(mankind, jinns, mention it'. so ....
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by hybeenoni: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested

Ur logic is flawed wen u consider d case of d LRA in congo. Logic nd emotions dnt alwys go 2geda
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
geborenzie: i get your write up in encouraging muslims but muslims are very volatile take a look at boston bombing it was done by Muslims where millions of pple died also take a look at the n klling of two britain officers by two nigerian guys
mariam in sudan that was supposed to be killed because she became a christian if not for international outcry also the ISIS who want to circumcise 4 million children and women in the name of religion and the story of a muslim man in america i dont which part he killed a pregnant woman because he thought she was a prostitute, sure there are nice muslims but the crazy ones have overshadowed the nice and the media might be lieing but the media cannot be lieing all the time so wtf i have right right to look at you once,twice,thrice in case you want to harm may be you should try preaching to your muslims brothers about all these things than preaching to us and also tell them to stop practising honor killing a situation where the victim of rape is being killed thanks
true talk but it is unfortunate. the leaders of this so called islamic groups re being used to plan tins nd dey recruit ignorant nd unserious muslims to achieve dis and at the end islam is blamed. listen to hilary clintons talk on the iraq crises nd u will understand more. well i believe it is just a way of myself confirming the word of Allah that he will make the religion grow despite plans by enemies to bring it down nd i believe this is obvious cos if we re to look at what is happening nd what has happened then islam should hav been a forgotten religion but by Allah it continues to grow. Alhamdulillahi that i am a muslim
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
i love this pics

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
AdekunleBalogun:

Am not surprised that's how ur generations changes the wording of the verses sent to them. Do ur survey who own the most ritualist sites in Nigeria today apart from Babalowo's, its ur Pastors dem dem...
Im not a Christian anyway buh, I know that Muslims combine islam with ritual and spiritual powers so its obvious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Muslims / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.