Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,556 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23403 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2014
IyfeNamikaze: I understand what the Op is trying to tell us, but all that you say about islam is only how you wish things were, not how it really is.
Muslims will kill you and burn your house if you mock their prophet or abuse the quran. They will not only kill you, they will even go to the extent of killing anybody who practice your religion an burn down churches! That is how violent muslims are... and dont be surprise that the Op will be the frst person to throw the stone at you.
An atheist can come to a christian community and say "there is nothing like yahwe and that christ story is a scam" . and people (a pastor,bishop or any clegyman) will just tell laugh at him or tell him to come for bible studies for prayers and dilverance. or must cases ignore him. and the matter will just end there. But if same thing happens in any muslim community, all hell would be let lose in the whole of middle east and northern africa! imams will set a bounty on the head of the atheist,churches would be burned, christians would lose their lives even though it was an atheist and not a christian that made mockery of their prophet or relgion. CAN THE OP DENY THAT? CAN ANY MUSLIM DENY THAT?

Don't blame the media when for your problems, blame yourselves! the media have been saving you people from yourselves longer than i can remember.
take a look at the lady that was almost sentenced to death just because she denouced islam, and your muslim brothers were going to kill her despite the fact that she was pregnant! How evil can a religion get?

how evil can a religion get that they openly slaughter people in plublic while quoting verses from the Quran to support their sensless evil act? and they will still post it on the internet! Imagine!
The Media is only showing the World what islam truely is... a violent religion.

Blame your imams and conscience and inbuilt violent nature for your problems! blame yourselves. Look inwards. look at the man in the mirror
bro dis tins re just lies, but wat I just blame here is we youth that we've restricted our spiritual knowledge to the mosque nd churches only without independently knowing wat our scriptures say dis clergymen re prone to mistakes nd errors. Example is Do u urself know wat the Bible says about apostasy?? I guess no cos u don't even wanna know. Read Deut13vs 6-9. U know and many more. Like a scholar will always say Islam is d new car given to all Muslims nd the test driver is Mohammed nd we re all xpectd to drive our own car, cos u spoiled urs doesn't mean d car is bad. Nd i guess a car jack can b used to change d tyre nd at d same time break windscreen, wat we should just do is look at how the test driver used his own car perfectly nd not anoda person cos dey CAN NEVER be as perfect as d test driver. Just try nd undastnd me

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tamertery(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2014
wordsbase: you have not addressed the matter.... Besides "Allah" is the lord of Muhammad alone. The others u mentioned? Jehovah Elohim is their Lord. And besides also, the bible says that Ishmael (and his descendants) shall be against everyone, and everyone shall be against him (Gen 16:9-12). So I'm not the least surprised at all this happening.
. Hey brother nfn to adress in dis matter, Allah, jehovah, Elohim, Lord vey all mean d same thing, which are all names of God in d difrent languages of difrent nations, nd lemi hint u on smfn, nd I beg u to go mk a research pleas abt it... Do u knw dat hebrew is related to arabic? Most of d words are d same just with difrent pronounciations and tounge... My own belive is that nfn like terrorism, to stare up violence ppl would go any lenght, if u really wana knw d truth abt islam... Then go mk research abt it, instead of beliving anythn d media throws out to ppl with ignorance who belive what de hear nd not try to find out if it is true or not, its easy 4 sm1 to slap u @ d back of d head den run away, leaving u to tink dat d pesn nxt u was d one dat slaped u, dat way h8 and fyt go strt, ol ds ish is politically driven nfn mor, jus lukn 4 religious sentiments to support dem das ol, so ol ds BH wahala na rituals in disguise... What's d use... Every1 is gona die sooner or l8r be it natural or by any other means,

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Leave people with their religion. I heard that the catholics started this killing thingy. Christianity is the most divided religion ever and they too dey beef themselves. Pentecotsl beef Catholics. The Jehova Witnesses looks down on the others. I just don't get it! So I juts love God for God and close my eyes to the issue of religion.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014
lekahm:

Please don't get it twisted, JIHAD does nt mean fighting or killing it mean striving. Technically striving to correct what is wrong. 2) to enjoin wht is good. Its a misconception to say it is fighting or killing. However, it is compulsory cause thats the goal of muslims to preach word peace.
. In simple terms WHAT IS JIHAD
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014
atrix4g: bro dis tins re just lies, but wat I just blame here is we youth that we've restricted our spiritual knowledge to the mosque nd churches only without independently knowing wat our scriptures say dis clergymen re prone to mistakes nd errors. Example is Do u urself know wat the Bible says about apostasy?? I guess no cos u don't even wanna know. Read Deut13vs 6-9. U know and many more. Like a scholar will always say Islam is d new car given to all Muslims nd the test driver is Mohammed nd we re all xpectd to drive our own car, cos u spoiled urs doesn't mean d car is bad. Nd i guess a car jack can b used to change d tyre nd at d same time break windscreen, wat we should just do is look at how the test driver used his own car perfectly nd not anoda person cos dey CAN NEVER be as perfect as d test driver. Just try nd undastnd me

the only thing i understand is that you are not ready to accept your flaws.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2014
A small clip from the pocahontas cartoon..The best line in the song by both warring tribes is ' THey are not like u and me and so that means they must be evil'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlzuWbDHZrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Obiossy(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2014
If anybody shouts allah alkubar near you in a public place...knw it that ur death is near,jst a matter of seconds...98% of sucide bombers are muslims

7 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by azumdibiosah: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2014
As much as I hate when try to exonorate themselves from the carnage being perpetraited by their brethren, if you are sincere, 80% of conflicts around the world today is ISLAM related.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2014
u can read this when chanced
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each

shoefreak: Leave people with their religion. I heard that the catholics started this killing thingy. Christianity is the most divided religion ever and they too dey beef themselves. Pentecotsl beef Catholics. The Jehova Witnesses looks down on the others. I just don't get it! So I juts love God for God and close my eyes to the issue of religion.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2014
You are so on point. A few years back, at the
university of ibadan a girl went to preach inside a
mosque and she was beaten to a state of coma by
the worshippers even the so called undergraduates.
If not for the police she could have died.
I don't support her going to the mosque to preach
but just to give you an idea of the kind of violence
that runs in their blood.

hi guys, the major problem in this world now is mis information....I wonder where u heard that u posted..
1. the girl wasnt beaten to a state of comma..
2.the girl came to disturb our prayer session.
3.the girl was kept save by the muslim community and the muslim amir himself.
4.and the school did justice to the issue..
5.the girl continued with her studies and nothing happened to her...

pls lets always confirm where we get information from..

thanks....

first comment ever on nairaLand...
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by emymeeky: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2014
Another word for Islam is terrorism grin
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Dhulqarnain(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2014
MMMG14: Keep deceiving urseff, ur Religion is of war,terror n crime. Imagine Iraq tellin Xtians 2 abjure dia Faith, pay tax or b killed! In wch Christian dominating country r muslims bn compelled 2 leave dia Islamic f8? Hop y'all knw d Sudanese woman who escaped bn killed 4 turning 2a christian.

Islam is rili "a religion of peace".....tsheeeew!

Thank God 4a country lik ISRAEL wch wil kill n obliterate al ye Arab muslims...! Yeye pipu!
Av u heard abt a country called C.A.R?
And Israel will only obliterate d Arab Muslims in ur dreams...
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2014
the girl was foolish
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv: You are so on point. A few years back, at the
university of ibadan a girl went to preach inside a
mosque and she was beaten to a state of coma by
the worshippers even the so called undergraduates.
If not for the police she could have died.
I don't support her going to the mosque to preach
but just to give you an idea of the kind of violence
that runs in their blood.

hi guys, the major problem in this world now is mis information....I wonder where u heard that u posted..
1. the girl wasnt beaten to a state of comma..
2.the girl came to disturb our prayer session.
3.the girl was kept save by the muslim community and the muslim amir himself.
4.and the school did justice to the issue..
5.the girl continued with her studies and nothing happened to her...

pls lets always confirm where we get information from..

thanks....

first comment ever on nairaLand...
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2014
uplawal: Have you ever found out the reason why Boko HARAM SAYS WESTERN EDUCATION IS A SIN?Ok,Lets assume it is,what stops us pursuing the education in it pure form how the earliest Muslims did it before it got stolen by the west,as we all know, there was great advancement in the Muslim worrld those years,we need to be careful in what we say concerning education,as majority of Muslims are amiss of what is truly going on.May Allah guide us and save us from Ignorance.

...before it got stolen by the west? now, this is what i hate about Islam; why must you always express anything about the west in negative terms? Stolen indeed! Dont you know it's negative expressions like this that lay the groundwork for extremism?
Well, Western societies only ACCEPTED the positive aspects of earlier or surrounding ciivilizations to produce the progressive civilisation we all know as Western civilization today. They were smart enough to be forward-looking rather than sit down idly wishing for a by-gone era of caliphates& Hisbahs which sadly most muslims are still secretly longing for, even the supposedly educated ones!

How i wish the Black man could reproduce half of what European societies did so we can also have something that can be referred to as African civilisation or Black civilisation etc; rather than being being the theatre of war for ill-understood foreign influences.

5 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Why?
uzoexcel: u can read this when chanced
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Magnetor(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2014
uplawal: Have you ever found out the reason why Boko HARAM SAYS WESTERN EDUCATION IS A SIN?Ok,Lets assume it is,what stops us pursuing the education in it pure form how the earliest Muslims did it before it got stolen by the west,as we all know, there was great advancement in the Muslim worrld those years,we need to be careful in what we say concerning education,as majority of Muslims are amiss of what is truly going on.May Allah guide us and save us from Ignorance.
may I ask? Is western education sin? How did the earliest muslims pursue education? Pls educate us. Thanks
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

the only thing i understand is that you are not ready to accept your flaws.
wat flaws?? Either way d stigma is dere already I'm only trying to xplain something. I guess it's u dat don't want to accept a simple fact nd reason plus search for knowledge outside oga seuns crib here
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by nathdim: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2014
These write up will only make sense when the Saudi Arabia government will learn to tolerate other religion
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Humanity is better off without all the religious madness. Even if all the religious followers are tolerant of each other, their faith and believes will always the total opposite. One thing will always turn me off from any affiliation with any of them. That is, 'my faith is the only true faith, and those that have the same believe like me will go to paradise, those that believes differently goes to hell fire'. We have enough tribal and ethnic madness to last us a lifetime, no need to add more to it.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tuffgongjo(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
drfk001:
I do really think you are myopic and believe alot in "we versus them" mentality which is the real cause of islamic extremism. Hitler who you mentioned started the WW2 on the backbone of Nazism and German superiority not religion. Bush was never blamed for using religion as a pretext for the Iraqi war
hitler had a disdain for religion,he only delayed his clashes with the church because of political reasons
Goebbel wrote in 1941 that hitler hates religion.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Isiterere(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested
sorry for been brain washed by the western media ...
Christian revolt in C.A.R are called freedom fighters/ rebel , same in Niger Delta (militant ), India, and Sri Lanka but is another name when it comes to Muslim world . Blame the individual involved and not their religion. I am a proud and peace loving Muslim .
Belated ramadan kareem to all Muslim world wide ..

ALL izZ WELL
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2014
well funny that about the niger delta as i havnt heard them kidnapping in the name of Jesus...thatz just laughable..i dont even think the naija delta militants care about God or Allah;they are just agitating for wrongs which they feel have been meted on their lands...religion is and never was part of their struggle....thats just wrong opinion u buttressing here...between Asari Dokubo is a staunch muslim
Isiterere:
sorry for been brain washed by the western media ...
Christian revolt in C.A.R are called freedom fighters/ rebel , same in Niger Delta (militant ), India, and Sri Lanka but is another name when it comes to Muslim world . Blame the individual involved and not their religion. I am a proud and peace loving Muslim .
Belated ramadan kareem to all Muslim world wide ..

ALL izZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Dhulqarnain(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2014
I am proud to be a Muslim!!!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2014
TheIROKO: . In simple terms WHAT IS JIHAD
derived from the root word jahada(جهد) which means to STRIVE
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by onetrack(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2014
Read the 5th and 9th suras (they were two of the last three suras that Muhammad gave) in order to get an idea of what he was thinking at the end of his life.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Isiterere(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: well funny that about the niger delta as i havnt heard them kidnapping in the name of Jesus...thatz just laughable..i dont even think the naija delta militants care about God or Allah;they are just agitating for wrongs which they feel have been meted on their lands...religion is and never was part of their struggle....thats just wrong opinion u buttressing here...between Asari Dokubo is a staunch muslim
the more you look the less you see ... How can I claim I don't eat cocoa but I dey take bournvita and Milo (Boko haram weapons; guns, IED, cars and internet ) Bokoharam is more of politics than religion , is just a covert operation .
Pls answer this ; Why was Yussuff executed extra-judicially?
@ d bolded ___explain pls
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 11:20am On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: well funny that about the niger delta as i havnt heard them kidnapping in the name of Jesus...thatz just laughable..i dont even think the naija delta militants care about God or Allah;they are just agitating for wrongs which they feel have been meted on their lands...religion is and never was part of their struggle....thats just wrong opinion u buttressing here...between Asari Dokubo is a staunch muslim
sure u know that the BH guys kills more Muslims Dan all oda religion 5x. Cos u know dat wen u blast anytin in d north 90% of casualties re Muslims. A simple text from the quran. "Anyone who kills a soul is assumed to hav killed the whole of mankind" nd ofcourse the life of a muslim is neva nd should neva b taken by anoda xcept in some cases.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2014
all is well indeed..i like the fact that u argue without flaring up...btw:i dnt side with 'any side'...@ d bolded means that Asari Dokubo is a strong muslim person...i only found fault with ur arguement when u mentioned the naija delta as part of religious warfare
Isiterere:
the more you look the less you see ... How can I claim I don't eat cocoa but I dey take bournvita and Milo (Boko haram weapons; guns, IED, cars and internet ) Bokoharam is more of politics than religion , is just a covert operation .
Pls answer this ; Why was Yussuff executed extra-judicially?
@ d bolded ___explain pls
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2014
once again bro...i m nt for or against any side in this arguement...my perspective from life stems from a little cartoon called pocahontas...The most important line i got that made me reflect was this
'They do not look like you and me and so they must be evil'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlzuWbDHZrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8

atrix4g: sure u know that the BH guys kills more Muslims Dan all oda religion 5x. Cos u know dat wen u blast anytin in d north 90% of casualties re Muslims. A simple text from the quran. "Anyone who kills a soul is assumed to hav killed the whole of mankind" nd ofcourse the life of a muslim is neva nd should neva b taken by anoda xcept in some cases.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2014
onetrack: Read the 5th and 9th suras (they were two of the last three suras that Muhammad gave) in order to get an idea of what he was thinking at the end of his life.
The whole sane world is disappointed in u. Muhammed ddnt give any surah they were revealed to him. So u tink the 5th and 9th surah was revealed at once to him??. Just read nd read tinx. Even read nonsense seriously u will hav sense. I'm sorry, no offence intended. Just annoyed at nowadays youth who don't read

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Nice write up OP

My name is tintingz I'm a Muslim and I'm not a terrorist . smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Muslims / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.