Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23397 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by onetrack(m): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2014
atrix4g: The whole sane world is disappointed in u. Muhammed ddnt give any surah they were revealed to him. So u tink the 5th and 9th surah was revealed at once to him??. Just read nd read tinx. Even read nonsense seriously u will hav sense. I'm sorry, no offence intended. Just annoyed at nowadays youth who don't read

I am an atheist therefore I believe that Muhammad is the author of the Quran. I did not say that the 5th and 9th suras were composed at the same time; I merely stated that they were among the very last suras in terms of chronology.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Charles4075(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2014
To err is HUMAN, but to blame another for a problem you've caused is STRATEGIC.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Tbamo(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2014
eluquenson: Alhamdullilahi, I will rejoice till end of time for being a Muslim, this epistle is very interesting & touching for those who has the knowledge.

Allah causes whomsoever He wills to stray in error, and sets whomsoever He wills on the straight way.
Al-Qur'an 6 verse 39

Jazakum llahu khairan

According to your quote of the quran we can deduce that it is Allah causing the BK boys to bomb innocent people.
This therefore negates man's free will since its Allah that controls us to do what he likes.
Therefore it is Allah that is bombing people.

Doesn't make sense to me please explain!

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by hamzatseyi(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2014
yousee: Muslims have a whole lot of work to do. The media, isn't helping them one bit. I was raised in northern Nigeria, I knew how peaceful and tolerant we all lived in the early 80's. Imagine a young Christian child going into a mosque to nap after playing football with his Muslim friends on Saturdays. The imam will wake me up to go home when it's time for 4pm prayers.
Sometimes, I just sit and wonder How bad things have turned. In my secondary school, I had Muslims beating me in Bible knowledge and we joked about it, even my sisters were given Muslim names by our neighbours at their birth, and my dad called their kids Christian names. Musa was Moses etc.
We did sadakha (alms giving together).

Extremism has really polluted Islam, and nobody is going to fix it for you guys. The onus rests on you squarely.

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by noskybanj(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2014
9ice write up ma friend. Bt seriously I fink d new generation of muslims should b tot peaceful islam. Well done.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by defemz(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2014
abdulkayus: The OP is right. When I was serving in one of d state in d east, some muslims do hide their name or their religion so as to avoid d stereotypes agaisnt muslim.
Am a muslim and nt a terrorist, God forbid for be to be a terrorist cos terrotist abode is hell if dey dont repent.
Islam os against killing of innocent souls.

Herein lies the whole problem. Following your logic, Islam only frown at killing innocent souls, in many other religions of the world, taking a human life is a sin. Because aside from consituted authority of the land, no one is permitted to take a human life whether innocent or otherwise.

Reading through the holy Quran, there are many instances where killing is sanctioned and actually demonstrated by prophet Muhammed. No matter how hard Muslims strive for peace, it will perpetually elude them. This is because the very foundation of Islam is built on the sword. The sword sign in the islamic logo is not a coincidence.

Muslims should stop deluding themselves quoting some part of the Quran and ignoring some other scary part of their holy text.

Reading through the holy Quran any Muslim that does not wage war against the christians and the Jews is not a Muslim but hypocrite. The same reason why Yoruba Muslims are considered hypocrites by their obviously more knowledgeable northern Hausa Muslims.

Let's face the truth and nothing but the truth, with hearts of conscience , In the holy Quran the word peace is relative

I have two advantages here I live in the north and I have read the Quran. . if any of you is looking for peace, trust me , you will not find it in the Quran, trust me.

For everybody information Islam and Muslims will play a very prominent role in the end time.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Boland(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2014
lekahm:

Please don't get it twisted, JIHAD does nt mean fighting or killing it mean striving. Technically striving to correct what is wrong. 2) to enjoin wht is good. Its a misconception to say it is fighting or killing. However, it is compulsory cause thats the goal of muslims to preach word peace.
Okay.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2014
onetrack:

I am an atheist therefore I believe that Muhammad is the author of the Quran. I did not say that the 5th and 9th suras were composed at the same time; I merely stated that they were among the very last suras in terms of chronology.
okay but as a muslim I tell u he isn't d author. U don't need to read dos two only u can go tru all. Just pick up a translated quran nd do. I tell u u will b stunned. Assume it's a normal book. Just read freely not religious or personal sentiment nd dont answer anybodi if u re told it is "HARAM"
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Azboy34(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2014
@Op jazahakumullahu koaran..As 4 me nd my household Islam still remains d best Religion nd By Allah we are a practising Muslim nd by his grace we shall live 2 follow d sunnah of d Holy prophet muhammed(S.A.W).

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Isiterere(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: all is well indeed..i like the fact that u argue without flaring up...btw:i dnt side with 'any side'...@ d bolded means that Asari Dokubo is a strong muslim person...i only found fault with ur arguement when u mentioned the naija delta as part of religious warfare
I am a Muslim ,I don't need to flare up.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Tbamo(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2014
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv: You are so on point. A few years back, at the
university of ibadan a girl went to preach inside a
mosque and she was beaten to a state of coma by
the worshippers even the so called undergraduates.
If not for the police she could have died.
I don't support her going to the mosque to preach
but just to give you an idea of the kind of violence
that runs in their blood.

hi guys, the major problem in this world now is mis information....I wonder where u heard that u posted..
1. the girl wasnt beaten to a state of comma..
2.the girl came to disturb our prayer session.
3.the girl was kept save by the muslim community and the muslim amir himself.
4.and the school did justice to the issue..
5.the girl continued with her studies and nothing happened to her...

pls lets always confirm where we get information from..

thanks....

first comment ever on nairaLand...

Thank God I was also in UI at that time the girl was beaten to a pulp and the muslim boys were on rampage before police and senior muslim professors could calm them.and as I remember it caused a major debate if the hostel mosques should be removed if christian activities had been banned from the hostels

2 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2014
lol...pls i made d statement free of mind without implying that muslims flare up..
Isiterere:
I am a Muslim ,I don't need to flare up.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by hamzatseyi(m): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2014
lekahm:
is that not what you believe too?
please answer Asap.......
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2014
No compulsion in religion and yet in a sharia country no muslim must change religion. Lwkmd... Who is deceiving whom? Ok

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MrT2011(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2014
tintingz: Yeah you can tell that to Adolf Hitler the evangelist .

And you too.
Zombie!!!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2014
defemz:

Herein lies the whole problem. Following your logic, Islam only frown at killing innocent souls, in many other religions of the world, taking a human life is a sin. Because aside from consituted authority of the land, no one is permitted to take a human life whether innocent or otherwise.

Reading through the holy Quran, there are many instances where killing is sanctioned and actually demonstrated by prophet Muhammed. No matter how hard Muslims strive for peace, it will perpetually elude them. This is because the very foundation of Islam is built on the sword. The sword sign in the islamic logo is not a coincidence.

Muslims should stop deluding themselves quoting some part of the Quran and ignoring some other scary part of their holy text.

Reading through the holy Quran any Muslim that does not wage war against the christians and the Jews is not a Muslim but hypocrite. The same reason why Yoruba Muslims are considered hypocrites by their obviously more knowledgeable northern Hausa Muslims.

Let's face the truth and nothing but the truth, with hearts of conscience , In the holy Quran the word peace is relative

I have two advantages here I live in the north and I have read the Quran. . if any of you is looking for peace, trust me , you will not find it in the Quran, trust me.

For everybody information Islam and Muslims will play a very prominent role in the end time.
I swear by Allah all dis are lies if truly uve read thru the quran u would hav seen verses against killing of any life xcept in cases like adultery, justice(anybody who kills) apostasy nd all this with guidelines. Nd pls leave d quran nd first read d Bible from Genesis to revelation then u will love d quran plus dere is not verse in the quran about jihad xcept that it is being followed wit peace is better. Or talks related to peace as required. Pls stop spreading false tales nd well I don't blame u I blame pple dat don't nquire tinx like dis.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2014
drfk001:
I do really think you are myopic and believe alot in "we versus them" mentality which is the real cause of islamic extremism. Hitler who you mentioned started the WW2 on the backbone of Nazism and German superiority not religion. Bush was never blamed for using religion as a pretext for the Iraqi war
False .

Adolf Hitler wiping out the Jews is because the Jews killed the christian god so he(hitler) wanna revenge the god they(the jews) nailed on the cross, he fought a crusade .
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by kemthegirl(f): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2014
lekahm:

Please don't get it twisted, JIHAD does nt mean fighting or killing it mean striving. Technically striving to correct what is wrong. 2) to enjoin wht is good. Its a misconception to say it is fighting or killing. However, it is compulsory cause thats the goal of muslims to preach word peace.

i wish i could belive u. Jihad means holy war. Since when r Muslims to preach. All over the world Islam was spread majorly through conquest. How did Dan Fodio invade the north? In history it id called Jihad. Spare me abeg.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by onetrack(m): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2014
atrix4g: okay but as a muslim I tell u he isn't d author. U don't need to read dos two only u can go tru all. Just pick up a translated quran nd do. I tell u u will b stunned. Assume it's a normal book. Just read freely not religious or personal sentiment nd dont answer anybodi if u re told it is "HARAM"

I have already read the Quran from beginning to end. I do not believe in its claim to be of divine origin. I have also looked at various debates about the Quran.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 11:50am On Jul 25, 2014
MrT2011:

And you too.
Zombie!!!
Who's the zombie Here than the person calling others zombie . grin
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 25, 2014
tintingz: False .

Adolf Hitler wiping out the Jews is because the Jews killed the christian god so he(hitler) wanna revenge the god they(the jews) nailed on the cross, he fought a crusade .
Lolz. Adolf hitler started as a christian but later dropped religion. Read his biography and stop saying what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2014
so the whole of sudan are misinformed...wat about this
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-24/sudanese-christian-woman-on-death-row-arrives-in-italy/5622384
[b]Sudanese Christian woman Miriam Ibrahim arrives in Italy after escaping death sentence

Updated Thu 24 Jul 2014, 6:40pm AEST
Meriam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag Photo: Meriam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag, a 27-year-old Christian Sudanese woman sentenced to hang for apostasy has escaped to Rome. (AFP: STR)
Related Story: Sudan releases Christian convert but insists she stay in country
Map: Sudan

A Sudanese woman who was spared a death sentence for converting from Islam to Christianity and then barred from leaving Sudan has flown into Rome on an Italian government plane, officials said.

Mariam Yahya Ibrahim, whose sentence and detention triggered international outrage, arrived at Rome's Ciampino airport with her family and Italy's vice minister for foreign affairs, Lapo Pistelli.

There were no details on what led to the 27-year-old's departure from Khartoum, and there was no immediate comment from the Sudanese authorities.

Ms Ibrahim was sentenced to death by a Sudanese court in May on charges of converting from Islam to Christianity and marrying a Christian South Sudanese-American.

The conviction was quashed last month, but Sudan's government accused her of trying to leave the country with falsified papers, preventing her departure for the United States with her American-South Sudanese husband and two children.

Her lawyer Mohaned Mostafa said he had not been told of her departure.

"I don't know anything about such news but so far the complaint that was filed against Mariam and which prevents her from travelling from Sudan has not been cancelled," Mr Mostafa said.

Ms Ibrahim says she was born and raised as a Christian by an Ethiopian family in Sudan and later abducted by a Sudanese Muslim family.

The Muslim family denies that and filed a lawsuit to have her marriage annulled last week in a new attempt to stop her leaving the country. That case was later dropped.

Prime minister Matteo Renzi mentioned Ibrahim's case in his speech to inaugurate Italy's six-month European Union presidency earlier this month.

"If there is no European reaction we cannot feel worthy to call ourselves 'Europe'," Mr Renzi said.

Muslim women are not permitted to marry Christian men under the brand of Islamic law enforced in Sudan.

Ibrahim, her husband and children had been staying at the US Embassy in Khartoum. [/b]

dragan: Yeah yeah we get it there are Muslims all over the world doing bad stuff but the FACT remains that that is NOT what the Quran teaches nor how the Prophet (S.A.W) lived his life. EOD

So all that verse quoting you people do to attack Muslims or all that verse quoting terrorists do to justify their actions is all WRONG for various reasons , the simplest one being that they were revealed a time long ago for a certain situation.

I wont even bother to say anything anymore since I'm pretty sure this has been said like a million times but none of you or them (terrorists) will ever listen.

But i will admit that there's a large amount of ignorant Muslims in this world that harbor some disliking or hate towards other faithfuls for whatever reasons so i guess its only normal that we would get the same treatment from other ignorant people.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 25, 2014
Now they want to say Jihad is peaceful strive LOL* even ur prophet ordered numerous battles(jihad). So if the leader did such why won't the followers? I hope am not wrong here.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2014
OliverPin: No compulsion in religion and yet in a sharia country no muslim must change religion. Lwkmd... Who is deceiving whom? Ok
hey frend no compulsion in religion contextually means a Xtian or jew or anybody can live in a muslim country nd u don't need to pursue or kill dem cos dey are Muslims nd dere re guidelines to it like dey pass jizyah(tax for security nd safety.) this is in an ISLAMIC STATE. Nd to apostasy dat is uve been in the religion nd u want to leave, rationally u can say it is freedom but it is not the topic may require long writeup but one of the fact is spread of false tales about d religion nd disrupting the feeble hearted person. Plus it is likened to treason which we all know is punishable by death. Plus I guess u re a Xtian. Read deuteronomy 13vs6-9. To understand in ur way ow apostasy is dat nd plus u will respect d law more. No harsh word is intended
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2014
kemthegirl:

i wish i could belive u. Jihad means holy war. Since when r Muslims to preach. All over the world Islam was spread majorly through conquest. How did Dan Fodio invade the north? In history it id called Jihad. Spare me abeg.
Sorry Jihad doesn't mean "holy war" it means to "struggle or strive ."

This is the lies the missonaries are feeding you people about jihad being holy war .
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Exactly what being Igbo means in Nigeria. You are discriminated against as soon as you say your name.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
OliverPin: Now they want to say Jihad is peaceful strive LOL* even ur prophet ordered numerous battles(jihad). So if the leader did such why won't the followers? I hope am not wrong here.
hello, u re wrong cos jihad isn't peaceful strive it's ordinarily strive which may not in all cases peaceful. D prophet ddnt ordered numerous battles but defended numerous battles in the early stage of Islam to protect it nd I'll latter stages to propagate it cos it's the truth. Nd let me tell u some guidelines to dat jihad. 1. There must hav been a prior preaching to d pple. 2. During the fight, only the pple fighting should v killed nd if they surrender they must b spared even if ur sword is already up to be released. Women must not b killed, children., animals, trees must not cut. Nd so on. Jihad is a complete tin in Islam that has its guidelines like prayer nd Fasting just dat pple re ignorant.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Azboy34(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
I urged all Muslim on NL 2 be patient nd prayerful as d TRUTH would be clear nd Obvious dat islam has nothn 2 do with BH(Terrorism)..ONLY Allah knows wat we know not..Verily, he z all 4given nd all- Knowing..Allah GODIYA!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Muslims / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.