Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? (19108 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Debtor.... / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Yahoo1(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2014
Goruwalowo:
It is a law in the banking sector. Whenever you want to loan anyone money that's the best form of defense...
it's not just anybody that can Loan money and @ that,there are policies of lending money! If she wants to get her money by the Law,she should have done it by Law (Money Lenders Act-Though repealed).

Sister,I have that kind of debtor,and d only. Thing to do is disturb his conscience or tell a person he respects!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Opiosko: 9:04am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Funny enough the person is a celebrity and business person whom I cannot mention as I don't want to jeopardise my chances of getting my money sad

They haven't got a shop, so there's nothing to take.
Being a celeb will make him want to pay u if he is convinced u can rubbish his reputation......dnt brag to him cos such pipu can detect an empty threat. Tell him what u will do nd go ahead to do it..then promise him more until d last kobo is paid

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by lilbazy(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2014
Carry ak49 follow body,if d onigbese no wan comply,make use of the ak49.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SporaD8: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2014
Rule if the thumb - the money you can't give(dash-out), don't lend it out.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Bawsse(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2014
Cut cut d person
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2014
ceasare:

Oga wch 1 b aro bagger again grin grin grin

grin grin

Guys wey dere head dey hot . Point and kill

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Homguy(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2014
Why did you lend to a serial debtor? Cut your loss and move on!
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ceasare: 9:13am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru:
grin grin
Guys wey dere head dey hot . Point and kill

Guy u b kolo o! Well dat 1 sef pure I bliv dey gt a % of d recovered fund?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by blank(f): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2014
When selling things to people, always ensure they give you a post dated cheque.

There was a guy a couple of weeks back that borrowed money from a loan shark in Bariga. The guy makes you eat your poo and wash it down with lacasera if you don't pay back. Get the guy to do the work on your behalf.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Pavore9: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2014
Tholuwaniey: FP with how many comments?? ... well sha I'm coming lemme brush my teeth
OP is a MOD! All threads are not equal!..lol! Back 2 the matter.my own carry my N120K enter grave in June! lt a loss on my part bt God is good!
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by quintessnc05(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014
Use the Police. They COULD be very effective.

They would call him in and make him write a statement staing exactly when and in how many tranches he would pay.

The only problems are, the policemen have to be properly motivated and the debtor could say that he can only afford to pay N5 monthly and you or the Police wouldn't be able to do anytin bout that. You would however get your total money, nonetheless, someday.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by bebe2(f): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014
Just kidnap d person or e pikin, ask for a reasonsble ransom.

U will get ur money sharp sharp wit interest on top.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by canalily(m): 9:21am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Guys, please has anyone got smart tips on how to retrieve money from a serial onigbese?

I don't want to waste energy or resources on chasing this debt, and I would like to know what methods have worked for you guys.

Obviously, I'll never ever lend anyone again as I've learnt the hard way that the easiest solution is prevention.

Thanks in advance.
...same with me...i lend money to my friend for his mother's burial since January whch he promised to pay bak after the burial. Till now i have never recieved bk my money. He earns his monthly salary, yet difficult for him to pay bak. Pls how cn you help us cos am tired of stories....
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by jericco1(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2014
By not lending more, that's the easiest way
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by equlibrium(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2014
ceasare:

Oga wch 1 b aro bagger again grin grin grin
it refers to vikings the university cult
must b a toddler that was recently tot hw to join cult and use the internet at the same time. Things like dat get overwhelming for small children like him all the time.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by akuchiemartin(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru: I use aro baggers angry
. U carry aro come my door step, I go shell una with my shelling machine. As for u @ op, there is ntin u can do abt it, jst pray that sometime someday, the debtor will remember u cos I have a guy that's owing me 1.2million till now, so jst keep ur fingers crossed and keep reminding them from time to time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by jericco1(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2014
bebe2: Just kidnap d person or e pikin, ask for a reasonsble ransom.
U will get ur money sharp sharp wit interest on top.

hmm you must be from that part of the world.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by akuchiemartin(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2014
quintessnc05: Use the Police. They COULD be very effective.

They would call him in and make him write a statement staing exactly when and in how many tranches he would pay.

The only problems are, the policemen have to be properly motivated and the debtor could say that he can only afford to pay N5 monthly and you or the Police wouldn't be able to do anytin bout that. You would however get your total money, nonetheless, someday.
. grin
quintessnc05: Use the Police. They COULD be very effective.

. Now with this xplanation, how is the police effective..?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by tenry(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2014
Really sad reading about this. I gave someone I know very well 3million naira 4 years ago for business with a monthly return paiid to me. Less than a year, she defaulted and since December 2012 thqt I hav requested for my capital, I have been able to retrieve 600k frm her, still owing me 2.4m. I don't have a job at the moment, this is my life savings and it has beeen hard getting the money back. We hav a legal paper but family members and friends who are aware hav been beging me to take it easy. I trusted her because of our relationship in the past and I have been considerate cos her business collapsed whc I know but she's coming out of it already and she doesn't want to pay instalmentally until she's fully back to normal. This has been giving me headache, I don't even mind if she pays 200k monthly till she completes the payment. If this persists, I will hav no choice than to change the gear cos I cannot come and die of frustration. I have bills to pay and there is no job now. The lesson I learnt thru this is that any business you cannot run by yourself, never give your capital to anybody no matter the relationship between you. If you can't resign your job to run your buz, keep your money in fixed deposit. Lastly, never borrow any one money you can't let go.

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by mfm04622: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Set a trap for the person. Go and meet the person and ask him or her to give you cheques. Ask him to to split the money to how it will be easy for him to pay. The purpose of this is not the money but the cheque. When the time comes present the cheque. If it bounces, report him to EFCC. It is a crime! Option 2. Ask for a written agreement on how he/she will pay. The purpose is to have evidence you can use against him in court. Immediately he misses one payment, get a lawyer to charge him to court. If you go to court without prior proof, it will be your word against his/her and you may lose.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
ceasare:

Guy u b kolo o! Well dat 1 sef pure I bliv dey gt a % of d recovered fund?

Guy na the sure method be that
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by azeezakinpelu2(m): 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
tenry: Really sad reading about this. I gave someone I know very well 3million naira 4 years ago for business with a monthly return paiid to me. Less than a year, she defaulted and since December 2012 thqt I hav requested for my capital, I have been able to retrieve 600k frm her, still owing me 2.4m. I don't have a job at the moment, this is my life savings and it has beeen hard getting the money back. We hav a legal paper but family members and friends who are aware hav been beging me to take it easy. I trusted her because of our relationship in the past and I have been considerate cos her business collapsed whc I know but she's coming out of it already and she doesn't want to pay instalmentally until she's fully back to normal. This has been giving me headache, I don't even mind if she pays 200k monthly till she completes the payment. If this persists, I will hav no choice than to change the gear cos I cannot come and die of frustration. I have bills to pay and there is no job now. The lesson I learnt thru this is that any business you cannot run by yourself, never give your capital to anybody no matter the relationship between you. If you can't resign your job to run your buz, keep your money in fixed deposit. Lastly, never borrow any one money you can't let go.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
OP; I hope you find any of these uaeful:

1. sell out the bad debt to loan collectors at 13% discount and let them retrieve without your involvement.

2. Arrange with a senior police officer preferable a DPO to retrieve the debt with a promissory note to offer him his cut. Make sure the debtor is arrested on a Friday afternoon and let the DPO purportedly travel on Saturday without anyone to sign the 24hrs free bail bond. Trust me people will rather pay debts than sleep in jail.

3. Take the debtor to court and get exact date of repayments

4. Disgrace the person involving all these steps above and your money will be out.

Do not be scared of repercussions in life. Life is what we make It. All die na die.

15 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
jericco1:

hmm you must be from that part of the world.

You mean the boko world ? grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by LobsanRampa(m): 9:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Something similar happens to me but the guy is dead now and nobody to pay the NGN 240K he owe me.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:34am On Jul 29, 2014
equlibrium:
it refers to vikings the university cult
must b a toddler that was recently tot hw to join cult and use the internet at the same time. Things like dat get overwhelming for small children like him all the time.

You Don talk finish? grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by jericco1(m): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru:

You mean the boko world ? grin

haha exactly.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ifyalways(f): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2014
Most important question is "Why has the debtor not paid?"

S/he honestly does not have now?
S/he simply does not want to pay?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Misblah(f): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2014
why would you lend your money to a serial debtor? my dear jst fast and pray for him to borrow again so he can pay you smiley
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2014
LobsanRampa: Something similar happens to me but the guy died before paying me my NGN 240K.

Chai! Died before paying you? Na him dead body pay you ? How did this happen
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by equlibrium(m): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru:

You Don talk finish? grin
wen will kids learn der is ntin to be gained frm cultism?
Instead dey log on to extol d damn vice, evn online.
shiiiiiiiiiiit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) / Bank CEOs Visit Yemi Osinbajo / GIFT CARD 2 NAIRA & BITCOIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.