Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,829 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? (18955 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Debtor.... / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by equlibrium(m): 11:35am On Jul 29, 2014
SkinnyDude: a lady like u has been owning me for over a year now. i don use arusi and juju threaten am. stil the babe refuse.

Last bullet
.. the landlady where i lived doesnt want to complete my balance. i paid, and later didnt like the room. she gave me 13k, and said she wil only give me the balance when she rents the room out. imagine. na 7k remain o, and am broke now. how do i retrieve that 7k too.
lunch money. Figures
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2014
tenry: Really sad reading about this. I gave someone I know very well 3million naira 4 years ago for business with a monthly return paiid to me. Less than a year, she defaulted and since December 2012 thqt I hav requested for my capital, I have been able to retrieve 600k frm her, still owing me 2.4m. I don't have a job at the moment, this is my life savings and it has beeen hard getting the money back. We hav a legal paper but family members and friends who are aware hav been beging me to take it easy. I trusted her because of our relationship in the past and I have been considerate cos her business collapsed whc I know but she's coming out of it already and she doesn't want to pay instalmentally until she's fully back to normal. This has been giving me headache, I don't even mind if she pays 200k monthly till she completes the payment. If this persists, I will hav no choice than to change the gear cos I cannot come and die of frustration. I have bills to pay and there is no job now. The lesson I learnt thru this is that any business you cannot run by yourself, never give your capital to anybody no matter the relationship between you. If you can't resign your job to run your buz, keep your money in fixed deposit. Lastly, never borrow any one money you can't let go.
girls are not trustworthy. your fellow guy is betteR. the girl i took as a sister duped me.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by zurine(f): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
interesting
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:45am On Jul 29, 2014
equlibrium:
lunch money. Figures
look at you. am sorry you dont have an extra to lend people

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by BizBloke(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2014
[b]NaijaCutee,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this; if someone has, then I'm seconding his/her post and if no one has, well, here:

I think the best way out is giving the debtor a proposal to pay in installments because the harm has been done already. If you are being owed N500,000, then both of you can agree on a N150,000/month repayment structure.

Why I think this is the best way is because if one is in debt and said debt is way above his/her income per month, there's certainly no way the payment can come in full. And if there's insistence on full payment, the debtor indirectly backs out simply because each and every month of the year, there are recurrent expenditures to be made: think feeding, think transportation, think water, think shelter, think other basic expenditures, thereby leaving just part of his income. Since he/she owes you, the part of the income that's left should definitely be yours.

I have tried this method and it worked. Oftentimes, I've had to write off the debt and repay it with my money - and learn.

Your title states that this individual is a "...Serial Onigbese"; if so, then I don't know the level of workability of this repayment structure because he/she has gone serial. [/b]
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by lastpage: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2014
ogb5:

Treat the debt as a donation to charity and move on grin

Next time always take a post dated cheque from the debtor in exchange for the loan at the time you are giving the loan.

With a post dated cheque in your hand you can get your money from their account when they have money or if the cheque bounce you can call in the police for dud cheque.

And no one told YOU that CHEQUES do BOUNCE?

Or no be money wey cheque meet for account im fit redeem? wink wink grin grin

One "Omo Onile" even closed his bank account completely and the Bank checked and disowned the cheque! shocked shocked

My motto is: Dont borrow someone, anyone for that matter, MONEY YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO FORGO! kiss kiss

Personally, l dont borrow money, l cant even sleep properly and will probably die of insomnia if l am owing someone moreover, l have a policy: If you cant afford it now, ...you dont really need now! Just be patient

BTW: l know there are some "professional debt collectors"; You pay them to come to the home/business of the debtor and they will CRY ALL DAY (real cry-cry o! shocked ) AND NIGHT until the debtor either gets embarrassed, angry or frustrated ... and pays up!

"Juju" used to work in the back days ... but getting a sound one is scarce nowadays, you need to delve real deep. By the time im begin dry finish like stockfish, na beg im go come take ur money beg you! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Caveat: Dont ever take my post as serious advice, l am on my tenth bottle of Gulder i.e. l am the ultimate! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:48am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru:

As stupid as your reasoning is , it's better you go and teach your kids and nurture them about the dangers of cultism than coming here to be saintly. I never told you I'm a cultists . You can go and hang yourself for all I care
like seriously. i didnt read where u wrote you are a cultist. the dude is just trying to sound smart.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by equlibrium(m): 11:56am On Jul 29, 2014
SkinnyDude:
look at you. am sorry you dont have an extra to lend people
sonnie, I am not ur daddy. I dnt owe u shiit
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by 299: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
tenry: Really sad reading about this. I gave someone I know very well 3million naira 4 years ago for business with a monthly return paiid to me. Less than a year, she defaulted and since December 2012 thqt I hav requested for my capital, I have been able to retrieve 600k frm her, still owing me 2.4m. I don't have a job at the moment, this is my life savings and it has beeen hard getting the money back. We hav a legal paper but family members and friends who are aware hav been beging me to take it easy. I trusted her because of our relationship in the past and I have been considerate cos her business collapsed whc I know but she's coming out of it already and she doesn't want to pay instalmentally until she's fully back to normal. This has been giving me headache, I don't even mind if she pays 200k monthly till she completes the payment. If this persists, I will hav no choice than to change the gear cos I cannot come and die of frustration. I have bills to pay and there is no job now. The lesson I learnt thru this is that any business you cannot run by yourself, never give your capital to anybody no matter the relationship between you. If you can't resign your job to run your buz, keep your money in fixed deposit. Lastly, never borrow any one money you can't let go.
Nna, I don't believe that money is your life savings, cos if it was, you would do ANYTHING to retrieve it.

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was still starting up. A guy was owing me 550k(almost everything I had then grin) and I did everything I could to get the money, yet he wouldn't crack. Worst still, he was buying landed properties yet giving me silly excuses. Later, I got wind of his upcoming traditional weeding and then I went to Esut and imported some school boys grin. We landed at the venue, he saw us and immediately came forward to meet us cos he knew there was problem. We threatened to scatter the weeding if he didn't provide the money. He called his brothers and they begged and begged angry. For where? The 5 boys I had where mean and prepared for the worst.
How 250k appeared from no where, only God knows. Yet my boys still insisted we take one of their cars as collateral pending when he paid the balance. I refused and insisted on giving him time to pay the balance cry. That has been one of the worst decisions in my life. As of today, he's still yet to pay after 5 years. Infact the guy even threatened to 'deal' with me for embarrassing him at his weeding. His wife see me as a devil. All this ontop my money.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nihilist: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Threaten to make your debtor eat hot faeces washed down with chilled la casera.

I remember a few weeks back, a poster came on here asking for advice. He was indebted to a creditor who used the above method to ensure compliance in his debtors.

Most people would rather pay up than eat igbe, even if it is served with ice cold pineapple flavoured la casera cheesy
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stop being a serial borrower

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
equlibrium:
sonnie, I am not ur daddy. I dnt owe u shiit
kids everywhere. tufiakwa!
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Steal their wallet grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by teemy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
a lot of the advice seen so far are not legal at which an enlightened debtor could use your actions against you in court and you end up paying a lot in redress due to trespassing or threatening him/her. also the police is not a debt collection agency
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by teemy(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
together work out a paying formula fair to both parties and make an audio recording in case debtor defaults and at then go to the courts with that as evidence plus all proof of the debtor's earnings showing capacity to pay the debt fully/installments
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by teemy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
i am not sure if a court injunction can get his bank statement but the major proof is the ability to pay and you might even ask for more as damages caused to you from the default if the fact that the debtor acted fraudulently to deprive and not pay.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Coldfeet(f): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
dytbabe: They will only pay if they want, nothin u can do I tell u my sister.
Jst chip into ur prayers in the morning and night that God shld touch their hrt ni oooo
You can say that again! I've resorted to calling those persons (debtors)names every 3am! I call it invoking the spirit of restlessness into their lives angry
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Dyt(f): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Coldfeet: You can say that again! I've resorted to calling those persons (debtors)names every 3am! I call it invoking the spirit of restlessness into their lives angry
lwkmd
my belle o

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Pavore9: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
SkinnyDude:
why u no show face when them dey bury am?
Who for pay my money for transport grin Shey e make sense say i buy return ticket from Kenya to come collect how much?
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Onyiibazz: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Op, Just take heart eh, remember that to lend money out is human but to get it back is divine. lol

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by silverprince413(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
datguru: I use aro baggers angry
mumu.. Dirty pig
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by egopersonified(f): 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist: Threaten to make your debtor eat hot faeces washed down with chilled la casera.

I remember a few weeks back, a poster came on here asking for advice. He was indebted to a creditor who used the above method to ensure compliance in his debtors.

Most people would rather pay up than eat igbe, even if it is served with ice cold pineapple flavoured la casera cheesy

Why are u bringing up the poo and lacasera thread now? This is my best thread ever and I hold it dear to my heart. Take time ohh.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by egopersonified(f): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Whizpeter: Use a MOPOL or get a court Injunction..
Please don't forget to remember me if you succeed! grin

This your signature is a riddle and the answer is a fly. It is only a fly that can sit on a king sitting on a throne.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
silverprince413: mumu.. Dirty pig

Bastarrrd son of a thousand fathers, wasted sperm . Anufia
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Paentera(m): 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Guys, please has anyone got smart tips on how to retrieve money from a serial onigbese?

I don't want to waste energy or resources on chasing this debt, and I would like to know what methods have worked for you guys.

Obviously, I'll never ever lend anyone again as I've learnt the hard way that the easiest solution is prevention.

Thanks in advance.

I can't tell if you're Christian, but here's a tactic that works - gather several Bible verses that refer to debt, curse and success/progress and start to send it to the individual. Let him or her know that his relatives especially children will suffer the consequences of him not paying you back because your sweat and wages have been held back even when you have provided your labour.

Send the SMS 3ce a day - at 7am, 1pm and 7pm.

Within a month, if you're not paid or get a call promising when payment will be made, you can come back to give me a piece of your mind. Till then, start working on gathering verses from the Bible to work in your favour.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Paentera(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Billyonaire: OP; I hope you find any of these uaeful:

1. sell out the bad debt to loan collectors at 13% discount and let them retrieve without your involvement.

2. Arrange with a senior police officer preferable a DPO to retrieve the debt with a promissory note to offer him his cut. Make sure the debtor is arrested on a Friday afternoon and let the DPO purportedly travel on Saturday without anyone to sign the 24hrs free bail bond. Trust me people will rather pay debts than sleep in jail.

3. Take the debtor to court and get exact date of repayments

4. Disgrace the person involving all these steps above and your money will be out.

Do not be scared of repercussions in life. Life is what we make It. All die na die.

Any leads for Loan collectors? Would appreciate a DM.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by kabba7(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
Come to my pad at obalende in the evening i'll give you an AK47 he might not want to pay but when he sees the muzzle of a cold iron he surely will play ball , its as simply as that no sweat a sure banker .
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by sammoe(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tholuwaniey: FP with how many comments?? ... well sha I'm coming lemme brush my teeth
You done brush am now?
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by pansophist(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
@lastpage

Personally, l dont borrow money, l cant even sleep properly and will probably die of insomnia if l am owing someone moreover, l have a policy: If you cant afford it now, ...you dont really need now! Just be patient

Caveat: Dont ever take my post as serious advice, l am on my tenth bottle of Gulder i.e. l am the ultimate! grin grin

People borrow money for reasons way beyond their immediate needs due to emergency circumstances e.g death of someone, life threathing sickness etc but nevertheless, I agree you, you're the ultimate! smiley
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by JustCurious: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: my sister go to his house with a cutlass not gun ooooo because no one is scared of gun again in this nigeria. now is the action moment and listen carefully, when you get to his house knock his door very hard 3times, he will definitely shout "who is that?" when he comes out use the cutlass to scrub the ground then ask this way BABA EMEKA where my money cos today is the judgement day... he might want to run so hold onto his trousers. now use the cutlass to cut any wood or "cutable" stuff u see around. that is just to scare him, now ask for your money again if he didnt give you then go for the head shikeina
grin grin grin nairaland!! grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by XVIER(m): 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin grin abi nau
JustCurious: grin grin grin nairaland!! grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by chuberg(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: I don't want to jeopardise my chances of getting my money sad

They haven't got a shop, so there's nothing to take.

arrange with d police to charge d person with fraud.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. / We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN / Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.