Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London (16791 Views)

Why DSS Arrested Ekiti Lawmakers / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Oshiomhole's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by bloodyassassin: 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
omenka: You'd do well to ignore the urchin. Just like the rest of them, he thrives in filth and anything associated with it. Be informed bro.

bastard your mama nyach there

udene

vulture

bastard

mugu

die there

i will kill you

dieee
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Caseless: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vikky014: must u tell us u r fasting?
bimbo, must u tell us u have a lovely mum like it's written as u signature?

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Vikky014(f): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
caseless: bimbo, must u tell us u have a lovely mum like it's written as u signature?
hahahaha,funny you
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Caseless: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
omenka: You'd do well to ignore the urchin. Just like the rest of them, he thrives in filth and anything associated with it. Be informed bro.
the lobster, is the most senseless kid i'v seen on nl. He's barely 16 yrs of age.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Caseless: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
1shortblackboy: . Which truth ? That's a different argument anyway. On d issue at hand.... U should have an injury u b4 u cry. Nothing has happened to her she has no right to cry
she's crying cos her freedom is being 'marched' upon.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nazi Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Caseless: 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vikky014: hahahaha,funny you
na u start am nau. grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by AbdulMajeed2(m): 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
peleson: Nawaoo o fmr minister of education can't spell correctly even with aided device effects. No wonder naija b like ds.
Rubbish! What did she achieve as former minister of education? One single university u did not establish for 8yrs while Atiku was busy building d most expensive private university in adamawa n obj bells university in ogun.. all the money budgeted stolen to private pockets n u r here shouting... jobless woman.
Bringbackourgirls yes but u are not a saint. U were in d government that allowed the establishment of sharia which is d root cause of all these problems
Ezekwesili u r not a saint
u mumu o...wetin concine sharia with this one naw...nigerian self,,,you want to bring religion inside now.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by AbdulMajeed2(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
peleson: Nawaoo o fmr minister of education can't spell correctly even with aided device effects. No wonder naija b like ds.
Rubbish! What did she achieve as former minister of education? One single university u did not establish for 8yrs while Atiku was busy building d most expensive private university in adamawa n obj bells university in ogun.. all the money budgeted stolen to private pockets n u r here shouting... jobless woman.
Bringbackourgirls yes but u are not a saint. U were in d government that allowed the establishment of sharia which is d root cause of all these problems
Ezekwesili u r not a saint
u mumu o...wetin concine sharia with this one naw...nigerians self,,,you want to bring religion inside this now.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by EagleScribes: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
If I may ask, why the throwing of tantrums here and there between nairalanders? Is that how ought to relate despite our differences? Is that the solution to the malady we are witnessing?

If this trend continues this way, I foresee a higher realm of cluelessness in this generation more than we've witnessed before.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
caseless: Jonathan can't win this war against freedom, 'free-will', truth, playing desposts like Truijilo by attacking those he perceive as enemies because of their political 'affiliation'.
i've never foreseen a shameful downfall of a president like i'm doing on gej; not even the downfall of Hosni mubarak and sadam hussain was this clear to me before they happen.
fall ni, this is rise to action. I thought Nigerians wanted a stronger president , they have one now. anyways it is just questioning not killing. it can happen to any body in any part of the world as far as it is for national interest

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by zeemore: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Noise, and more noise. One of the reasons I left twitter...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by majorholdings: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
caseless: Jonathan can't win this war against freedom, 'free-will', truth, playing desposts like Truijilo by attacking those he perceive as enemies because of their political 'affiliation'.
i've never foreseen a shameful downfall of a president like i'm doing on gej; not even the downfall of Hosni mubarak and sadam hussain was this clear to me before they happen.

my guy you have a blurry Vision go get your eyes examined.

nobody is above the law, she was searched and she was freed, the woman did not even miss her flight so please whats the foofaraw about.

#bless

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Hangard: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
caseless: she's crying cos her freedom is being 'marched' upon.
Which freedom are you talking about, so because she is a public figure that makes her different from the masses abi, so the security agencies shouldn't do there work again because she is Ngozi Ezekwesili. Is she above the law.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by yorke1: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
I so much love most of the reply to her tweets. Is she above the law? What did she achieve as Minister of Education for 8 years? Rubbish Oby being a stooge Tinubu and Buhari since 2007.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Lordlexyy: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
In a no distant future, those attacking this woman unnecessarily for her bravely stance in demand for truth would be very ashame. The entire saga so far has expose the uncivility, clannishness and how untrained these people are. It further shows how heartless, wicked and unemotional they are to the plight of the kidnapped girls and the country as a whole. To them, every critism is an avenue to lash and insult 'perceived enemies. Shame we have such pests and urchins around us. I pray these people are in the minority if not, this portend a great danger to the social psych of our nation. I feel sorry for their lineage.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Lordlexyy: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hangard:
Which freedom are you talking about, so because she is a public figure that makes her different from the masses abi, so the security agencies shouldn't do there work again because she is Ngozi Ezekwesili. Is she above the law.
Until she begins to speak against the gov't, she's never been subjected to such harsh treatment. Ezekwisili isn't the boko boys. If the sss needs someone to flesk their muscle, they know where to find them, not some woman performing her civic right now 'mistaken' for the real bad boys.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by wirinet(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
yorke1: I so much love most of the reply to her tweets. Is she above the law? What did she achieve as Minister of Education for 8 years? Rubbish Oby being a stooge Tinubu and Buhari since 2007.

You people are just expressing hatred on the woman because she is asking President Jonathan to do the needful and bring back our girls (or at least make an attempt to rescue the girls). She was a vice president of world bank for God sake, she would have travelled out of Nigeria hundreds of times. If she complains of bad treatment from SSS, it means the SSS went beyond the usual security routine of interrogating intending travellers.

Where did you paid hacks get the idea that Oby Ekwesili was minister of education for 8 years? are you people that ignorant or delibrately spreading falsehood?

10 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Lordlexyy: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
bloodyassassin:

bastard your mama nyach there

udene

vulture

bastard

mugu

die there

i will kill you

dieee
You must be one of the untrained peep i described. Gosh! Who born u sef? You must be a mistake and a lost to your parents that's if you ever had one. Such prick! Could you by any chance be suffering from epilepsy or recovering from it? Ok, i understand. Continue your ranting, is normal with such patients. From a professional angle.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by anonimi: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
It seems the TRUTH is finally revealing itself, to wit:

She was stopped, questioned, searched like any ORDINARY Nigerian traveler and she started CLAIMING arrest to gather sympathy from her CLUELESS fellow compatriots who cannot fathom and reason through the protocols of international travel sad
Anyway as she be former Minister of Education the korofos suppose recognise Big Mama, abi

How many of us have been questioned likewise while travelling out of Nigeria or even other countries shocked
Anyway as we nor be FORMER Minister we nor sabi scream ARREST for twitter angry

BTW, I hope our highly educated, widely travelled FORMER Minister realises that the last page of OUR national passport proclaims & I quote:

This passport remains the property of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and may be withdrawn at any time.

The first page contains, under the Coat of Arms of the country, the following words:

These are to request[b] in the name of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria[/b] all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford him or her every assistance and protection of which he or she may be in need.

Anyone who has his national passport close by can check/verify the above quotes.
Meanwhile this is what happened with Edward Snowden's Amercian passport :

U.S. yanks passport of whistle-blower Edward Snowden as he seeks asylum in Ecuador

Snowden is said to be seeking asylum in Ecuador
His revoked passport could complicate - but not thwart - his travel plans
Snowden is being helped by attorneys for the organization WikiLeaks

23 June 2013

More details from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346924/U-S-yanks-passport-whistle-blower-Edward-Snowden-seeks-asylum-Ecuador.html

Let us stop falling our own hands like the MUGUs, which our politicians treat us as angry

9 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Safari29: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
bloodyassassin:

i will rot in hell fire
that's good

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by bloodyassassin: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lordlexyy: i must be one of the untrained peep described. Gosh! Who born me sef? i must be a mistake and a lost to my parents that's if i ever had one. Such prick! Could i by any chance be suffering from epilepsy or recovering from it? Ok, i understand. Continue my ranting, is normal with such patients. From a professional angle.

fixed thank me later

bastard
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by bloodyassassin: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lordlexyy: i must be one of the untrained peep described. Gosh! Who born me sef? i must be a mistake and a lost to my parents that's if i ever had one. Such prick! Could i by any chance be suffering from epilepsy or recovering from it? Ok, i understand. Continue my ranting, is normal with such patients. From a professional angle.

fixed thank me later

bastard.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by bloodyassassin: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Safari29:
am a vulture

ok
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by Hangard: 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lordlexyy: Until she begins to speak against the gov't, she's never been subjected to such harsh treatment. Ezekwisili isn't the boko boys. If the sss needs someone to flesk their muscle, they know where to find them, not some woman performing her civic right now 'mistaken' for the real bad boys.
My friend don't say what you don't know, Before you board any airline to travel out of the country you must pass through security procedures, checks before you embark on your journey, her own won't be different, many of GEJ loyalists also pass through the same clearance is it because they didn't post about it that make you to come to this hasty conclusion. Are you telling me that all the other passengers that board the same plane entered the aircraft without been searched or their passport searched to check if they are valid.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by wirinet(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
anonimi: It seems the TRUTH is finally revealing itself, to wit:

She was stopped, questioned, searched like any ORDINARY Nigerian traveler and she started CLAIMING arrest to gather sympathy from her CLUELESS fellow compatriots who cannot fathom and reason through the protocols of international travel sad
Anyway as she be former Minister of Education the korofos suppose recognise Big Mama, abi

How many of us have been questioned likewise while travelling out of Nigeria or even other countries shocked
Anyway as we nor be FORMER Minister we nor sabi scream ARREST for twitter angry

BTW, I hope our highly educated, widely travelled FORMER Minister realises that the last page of OUR national passport proclaims & I quote:

The first page contains, under the Coat of Arms of the country, the following words:

Anyone who has his national passport close by can check/verify the above quotes.
Meanwhile this is what happened with Edward Snowden's Amercian passport :

Let us stop falling our own hands like the MUGUs, which our politicians treat us as angry

Where did you get your truth from? are you the SSS official that stopped her or the spokesman of SSS? Because from SSS accounts, they only denied arresting her, they did not give details of what transpired.

Why don't you guys demand for details of the incident before jumping into conclusion. You can demand from either Madam Ezekwelisi herself or the SSS, before to start to crucify her.

The parts of the passport you quoted has no bearing whatsoever on the matter at hand. First SSS denied seizing her passport, so i do not understand how the example of revoking snowden's passport comes in here. Was her passport revoked? can SSS revoke a citizen's passport?

This quote
These are to request[b] in the name of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria all those whom it may concern[color=#990000][/color] to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford him or her every assistance and protection of which he or she may be in need.
does nothing to support your argument, in fact it kills it.

This quote also applies to the SSS. So the SSS is obliged to offer her every assistance and protection as long as she is a law abiding citizen.

As i said i do not have the details of what happened, but one thing is certain, Madam Oby was not pleased at how she was treated.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by WildChild00(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
caseless: u ar jst a guy picked frm refuse dump as a baby with wooden brain and with no meaninful contribution to make. When u grow up, call me. I'm fasting, take ur immorality off my name.

Musilimano?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by anonimi: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
wirinet:

Where did you get your truth from? are you the SSS official that stopped her or the spokesman of SSS? Because from SSS accounts, they only denied arresting her, they did not give details of what transpired.

Why don't you guys demand for details of the incident before jumping into conclusion. You can demand from either Madam Ezekwelisi herself or the SSS, before to start to crucify her.

Well here you are from the UPDATED Premium Times report on her CLAIMED "arrest":

A former Minister of Education, Obiageli Ezekwesili, was Monday morning arrested by security agents at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, as she tried to travel to London for a scheduled engagement.
The operatives confiscated her travelling documents as well.

She was however released after the government came under intense pressure as news of her arrest flooded the social media and travelled around the country, with many Nigerians lambasting the administration for increasingly clamping down on critics and members of the opposition.
[size=15pt]Mrs. Ezekwesili had tweeted at 7:37 a.m.[/size] Monday that she was heading to London to appear on the BBC Hardtalk programme but was prevented from boarding her flight by security operatives.
Is this a democracy? I am being detained by the SSS at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport . The SSS has refused to give my passport to me,” she posted. “On my way to London this morning for my @BBCHARDtalk appearance billed for tomorrow and the SSS has detained me by withholding my passport.”

These tweets soon went viral within minutes with several Nigerians on social media lampooning the government and calling for the immediate release of the former minister.
At 8:03 am, Mrs. Ezekwesili tweeted that the operatives had released her passport.
“SSS has released it. [size=15pt]Just barely made the BA flight. Last to board @ 7.55[/size] for an 8.00 am flight that is now taxiing. Is this democracy?” she wrote. “No one can seize my democratic rights. I refused to let the SSS get away with trampling on my constitutional right.”

More from: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/165267-oby-ezekwesili-arrested-released.html

Please how many minutes are there between 7.37 and 7.55

She was obviously FORMING Big Madam as in she be FORMER Minister and they make plenty NOISE with these Chibok mishap to regain RELEVANCE.
Is that not how WE are

The parts of the passport you quoted has no bearing whatsoever on the matter at hand. First SSS denied seizing her passport, so i do not understand how the example of revoking snowden's passport comes in here.

Can you see where she said "no one can seize my democratic rights"
In short, a national passport is not anyone's democratic right as it is clearly stated on the passport itself.
Get it

Was her passport revoked? can SSS revoke a citizen's passport?

The DSS says her passport was not seized even though they are CONSTITUTIONALLY empowered as a law enforcement agent of the FRN. not so

Again, we should be CAREFUL to be well informed and apply a reasonable amount of common logic so we are no longer treated as MUGUs by our politicians.

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by gabicon: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
The government will have to be careful with people like madam oby and the likes internationally they are advocates of equity and fairness. Why wouldn't we believe she was a victim of DSS impunity when everyone who speaks against the government is an enemy. And madam oby too will have to give cut DSS some slack too I mean it could possible be a routine check.
GEJ needs to talk to our service personnel too, his reputation and Nigerias reputation has suffered in the international community these past few months a little fanning on the embers of coal won't do any good to anyone. I kind of pity GEJ from day one he has been fighting up till now and he still wants to go another 4 years I just hope its all worth it.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by akandea(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
I tire for people sef!
She is not above the law, so she should be singled out for stop and search for not cooperating with the FG. The same Aviation sector where an airport was opened to allow former governor land when it was announced closed to passengers and the state pilgrims.
Double standard!! I'm sure this is not an issue for many who just want to cover up wrongdoings!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts After DSS Arrested, Stopped Her Travel To London by wirinet(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Arguing with you guys is like arguing with my 3 year old son. Senseless and uncoodinated.

anonimi:

Well here you are from the UPDATED Premium Times report on her CLAIMED "arrest":

Please how many minutes are there between 7.37 and 7.55

She was obviously FORMING Big Madam as in she be FORMER Minister and they make plenty NOISE with these Chibok mishap to regain RELEVANCE.
Is that not how WE are

Where did you read that Mrs Ezekwelisi was detained from 7.37 to 7.55? It says she tweeted at 7.37 and was released at 7.55, which is just 5 mins from the 8:00 take off time. If you have travelled before you will know that travellers are to start boarding at least 1 hr before flight time. The report said everyone was boarded except Ezekwelisi and the plane had to wait for her before it taxied. The question should be why was she the only one held? did other passengers go through the same lenghty detention and seizure of passport? The SSS should explain further why it was only Mrs Ezekwelisi that underwent lenghty "security" checks.
anonimi:
Can you see where she said "no one can seize my democratic rights"
In short, a national passport is not anyone's democratic right as it is clearly stated on the passport itself.
Get it
The issue of a passport being a right as against a priviledge is a legal issue and i think the issue had been thrashed out at the courts (lawyers can educate us further on this).

anonimi:
The DSS says her passport was not seized even though they are CONSTITUTIONALLY empowered as a law enforcement agent of the FRN. not so

Again where did you get the notion than SSS (or any other security agency) has the powers to seize our passports. Where in our constitution did you read that? The only agency of government that can seize passport is the judiciary - the courts. Agencies of government need a court order before passports can be seized. The revocation of a passport is another matter altogether, I am not sure of the procedure, but i think it would involve the ministry of internal affairs. But definitely, SSS do not have the powers to revoke a citizen's passport.
anonimi:
Again, we should be CAREFUL to be well informed and apply a reasonable amount of common logic so we are no longer treated as MUGUs by our politicians.

Honestly you have no idea of what democratic Governance is or how a government functions. To you all government starts and stops with the use of force by the president.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Deputy Governor Resigns / Inauguration: Okorocha Arrives NASS, Denies Accreditation / "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.