Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,670 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres (25520 Views)

The Issues Of Miracle Centres In Nigeria / The Miracle Tree In FUTO, Federal University Of Technology Owerri (PHOTO) / Official Thread For Jamb 2012 Accredited Registration Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by TonySpike: 4:59am On Jul 22, 2014
BY VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA—NO fewer than 486 centres of examination magic in Anambra State are to be shut down as part of measures to curb examination malpractices in the education sector, the Commissioner for Education, Professor Kate Omenugha, has said.

Speaking at the 10th anniversary of St. Joseph’s Academic Award for 2014, the commissioner observed that the miracle centres had been aiding and abating examination malpractices, especially during West African School Certificate Examinations, WASC, and National Examination Council, NECO, examinations.

According to her, the decision to shut down the magic centres became necessary due to the manner their operators have fashioned them to swindle unsuspecting, desperate candidates.
She said: “We have govern-ment and approved private schools that are saddled with the responsibility of training our children to become functional members of our society.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/anambra-close-486-centres-exam-magic/
Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by seanet01: 5:05am On Jul 22, 2014
That is why they are always the first in JAMB. Miracle

38 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 22, 2014
how about the rest of them?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by TonySpike: 5:16am On Jul 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Waiting for some tigerclawed faces to converged...when you check the quality of people Anambra turn out every year you will know that its not a fluke and malpractise have nothing to contribute, Anambra dont produce certificated graduates, our education is of quality not quantity that is why for every Achebe that died 100 Chimamandas are born, for every Jerome Udoji and Okigbo that died 100 Soludos are there to fill the vaccum, for every Dike that died 100 Oby Ezekwesilis are born, so malpractise have nothing to contribute because those dumbass students that were aided by mechineries most of the times find it very difficult securing admission.

If you think miracle centres only exist in Anambra, just give me 24hrs let me walk down to Akute and Oko Aro, every 2poles you pass there is a miracle center begging you to enrol.

I thank the ANSG for trying to stamp out examination malpractices in our education sector, we dont want to be embarrased parading a minister who said Nigeria is blessed with plenty mineral resources like coke and fanta or giving the world a minister for education who bombarded our ears with "can be able".

My honourable commissioner God bless you, hide no evil.
Some deranged minds will think your washing your dirty linen in public but dont mind them, we are all Nigerian so we know how hypocritical we are.

84 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 22, 2014
So how many exam centers are there then in Anamabra if a total of 486 are going to be shut down for exam malpractices...

18 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 22, 2014
BuddahMonk: Waiting for some tigerclawed faces to converged...when you check the quality of people Anambra turn out every year you will know that its not a fluke and malpractise have nothing to contribute, Anambra dont produce certificated graduates, our education is of quality not quantity that is why for every Achebe that died 100 Chimamandas are born, for every Jerome Udoji and Okigbo that died 100 Soludos are there to fill the vaccum, for every Dike that died 100 Oby Ezekwesilis are born, so malpractise have nothing to contribute because those dumbass students that were aided by mechineries most of the times find it very difficult securing admission.

If you think miracle centres only exist in Anambra, just give me 24hrs let me walk down to Akute and Oko Aro, every 2poles you pass there is a miracle center begging you to enrol.

I thank the ANSG for trying to stamp out examination malpractices in our education sector, we dont want to be embarrased parading a minister who said Nigeria is blessed with plenty mineral resources like coke and fanta or giving the world a minister for education who bombarded our ears with "can be able".

My honourable commissioner God bless you, hide no evil.
Some deranged minds will think your washing your dirty linen in public but dont mind them, we are all Nigerian so we know how hypocritical we are.
feel free to console your self grin grin grin grin . I thought you guys claim your region is educationally ahead just cos of you produced the highest number of successful result in waec, neco and jamb just recently. Well, now we know better. grin grin grin grin

63 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by danot1030: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2014
This is a gud development, this same shuld go round other states of Nigeria, Edo State, River State, Lagos State, Enugu State, Ebonyin State, Imo State, Delta State, Abia State, Oyo State, Benue State and rest.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Bobandgreat: 5:48am On Jul 22, 2014
seanet01: That is why they are always the first in JAMB. Miracle
[color=#000099]

If u can find that much in Anambra, I wonder how many exist in Lagos, Oshogbo and the rest of Nigeria. Every government should find, expose and close down these centers if we want to save education in this country. Just look at some of the comments of some people in this forum, especially this Tunde Salami of a mor0n, and u will agree with me that sentiments apart, Anambra State should be emulated.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099]

If u can find that much in Anambra, I wonder how many exist in Lagos, Oshogbo and the rest of Nigeria. Every government should find, expose and close down these centers if we want to save education in this country. Just look at some of the comments of some people in this forum, especially this Tunde Salami of a mor0n, and u will agree with me that sentiments apart, Anambra State should be emulated.

Unless you can show those "miracle centers" in Lagos or Oshogbo as you mentioned...you should henceforth refrain for justifying that nonsense you guys are doing in Anambra just to secure college admission.

There is so much spotlight of the press in SW that such activity will go undetected for so long...on the other hand, the eastern part of Nigeria enjoy the lack of presence of inquisitive journalists.

486? just too much to easily go undetected for far too long....there is active connivance of some government officials in the education ministry in Anambra...elevating it to an official government policy...

26 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 22, 2014
danot1030: This is a gud development, this same shuld go round other states of Nigeria, Edo State, River State, Lagos State, Enugu State, Ebonyin State, Imo State, Delta State, Abia State, Oyo State, Benue State and rest.
Is there a state as Ebonyin
This is internet, learn to write things as they're. People get educated from here as well.

Ebonyi not Ebonyin or Ebony.
SMH

8 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Cecediva(f): 6:01am On Jul 22, 2014
ilugunboy: So how many exam centers are there then in Anamabra if a total of 486 are going to be shut down for exam malpractices...
Good question

5 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by revolt(m): 6:03am On Jul 22, 2014
U knw the beauty of truth? It never lies.

This years results will still show!! We r not scared of competition and don't need to garner positions and figures via propaganda, I can bet my whole life imo, delta, or anambra will still come out tops. I wonder how anambra even beat us(imo), it used to be an impossibilty. Well were all the same breed no shaking.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: Good question

That is almost half of a thousand.....no matter the amount of centers in the state...486 is still going to be a significant and material number.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 22, 2014
revolt: U knw the beauty of truth? It never lies.

This years results will still show!! We r not scared of competition and don't need to garner positions and figures via propaganda, I can bet my whole life imo, delta, or anambra will still come out tops. I wonder how anambra even beat us, it used to be an impossibilty. Well were all the same breed no shaking.

Guy...this revelation has put a huge dent on this your chest beating....a black spot on a sparkling white shirt damage the shirt.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Kanwulia: 6:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Na so dem dey take carry FIRST? cheesy
I always knew they were not so bright!
Teif musssto born teif ke! grin

15 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by revolt(m): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2014
ilugunboy:

Guy...this revelation has put a huge dent on this your chest beating....a black spot on a sparkling white shirt damage the shirt.
this is more than chest beating, its fact. Yes there are anomalies in all groups, but how do u explain nwafors leaving the east and moving to the west and still competing, north etc...truth cannot hide

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Cecediva(f): 6:13am On Jul 22, 2014
ilugunboy:

That is almost half of a thousand.....no matter the amount of centers in the state...486 will still going to be a significant number.
Is like closing almost all the centers in the state. I can't believe this crap!
Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by eaglechild: 6:13am On Jul 22, 2014
Good we don't need people coming from the SW and North to corrupt our students.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Antivirus92(m): 6:27am On Jul 22, 2014
Even if anambra students are made to write waec,neco and jamb from primary six. They will still come first, competing only with imo,delta,enugu and rivers.

18 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by lekkie073(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2014
I could remember vividly the principal of the school I served in awka-etiti begging me to prepare examination solutions for her students those days. I was like .......wtf!

13 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:04am On Jul 22, 2014
seanet01: That is why they are always the first in JAMB. Miracle
knew u will come up wit somtin like dis. Exam malpractices ar experienced every where in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by dozzzybaba: 7:09am On Jul 22, 2014
Igbos are cheats

14 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by cocoduck: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2014
Fake vanguard news, as if we don't know that vans lie a lot, why not 1 million
rubbish
in other news, three pigs were seen flying in broad day light in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Omimah: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2014
The products of these centres are the same that end up being withdrawn from schools.
Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by chinolization: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2014
It still does not stop Anambra from leading the pack in education.. grin grin

Afterwards it was my governor who requested for the centers to be closed if truly they exist! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by TonySpike: 7:38am On Jul 22, 2014
At the school I served in Enugu, 70% of the students that wrote WASC and NECO practically came from large cities such as Enugu and Onitshs to write exams "comfortably". I'm sure they had good "success" rates also...

6 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2014
If said your naive and senseless now you will rush to the mods whinning like a sexmanaic whose wife is on deathrow.

I said just give me 24hrs lets trek from Akute, Oko aro and lambe and see wonders of miracle centers competing like bees trying to get some honey.

All this posters of "One sitting, 9As assured" on electric poles and public walls in lagos and Ogun State are they for military enrollements?

The same way investigative journalism thrive in yorubaland yet Soka Forest was older than Okija Shrine but Okija Shrine was first to be busted just because its a community deity and nothing secret happens there.

The same proactive journalism thrive in SW but Aba baby factory was busted first before their clusters in SW were discovered.

Keep hiding evil, it can only grow to consume you, we will keep exposing them its nobody's problem.

ilugunboy:

Unless you can show those "miracle centers" in Lagos or Oshogbo as you mentioned...you should henceforth refrain for justifying that nonsense you guys are doing in Anambra just to secure college admission.

There is so much spotlight of the press in SW that such activity will go undetected for so long...on the other hand, the eastern part of Nigeria enjoy the lack of presence of inquisitive journalists.

486? just too much to easily go undetected for far too long....there is active connivance of some government officials in the education ministry in Anambra...elevating it to an official government policy...

17 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 22, 2014
The same way a friend of mine who served in Osun State called me to send "Diagram explaining the branches of Arts" and "varnishing point" because his junior students were writing FAA exams, i sketched it, snapped it and Whatsapp him in less than 4mins.

What did he do with it, he studied music in school but was assigned to teach Creative Arts as corper.

lekkie073: I could remember vividly the principal of the school I served in awka-etiti begging me to prepare examination solutions for her students those days. I was like .......wtf!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2014
In all fairness, miracle centers are prevalent in the SE and SS especially in rural areas. That is why you find high graders coming from these places in large numbers with absolutely little or no atom of brilliance to match their "supposed" grades.

"Special Centers" also exist in Lagos too but the one of SS/SE is just too much.

Do I blame the students?yes! But most blame should go to our society that Rewards Grades over hardwork. Hence, discouraging students from working hard.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra To Close 486 Exam Miracle Centres by anago9010(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2014
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099]

your imb....ecile father is a certified m0ron, while you his son is an excuse for a homo sapiens may amadioha disembowel you. illiterate you can't even stand me in a debate of any topic. may you die from photosynthetic epilepsy. onye nzuzu.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

OAU Management Shuts Down School Again / Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death / Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.